Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2017 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More training and buildup. By DBS logic, every hour makes up a full episode.

First half of this episode felt pretty dull imo. However, this episode did have a on screen reunion between 17 and 18. About time! I found it slightly amusing at how Krillin is there with them. I remember when Krillin met 17 before when he was first activated during the Android/Cell Saga and he was scared to hell lol

Frieza didn't waste time to show off what he's capable of...oh boy, I really hope Goku has a plan.
Jun 10, 2017 5:47 PM

Jul 2015
Almost nothing happened this ep lol. That Freeza drawing was funny to look at. I found it kinda of weird and a bit annoying how Freeza transforming took like 2 minutes and they kept on swapping that scene with the recycled animation they show for the tournament stage being built. The highlight of the ep for me was when Freeza greets goku with a "handslip" and goku greets him back the same way.
Jun 10, 2017 7:19 PM

Jan 2012
Plenty of fanservice heavy character interactions this week.
Jun 10, 2017 7:46 PM

Dec 2016
Dragon Ball highschool-reunion-feelz everywhere on this episode.

I loved it.
Jun 10, 2017 7:52 PM

Jun 2015
Lmao frieza's a badass xDDD
Jun 10, 2017 7:52 PM

May 2015
I wonder if she misspelled the name of her niece on purpose Maron (Kuririn ex-girlfriend [even if she appeared in a filler, isn’t cannon]) making her mad?

Man, oh man the meeting got me excited... I though 17 & Piccolo where going to have a warm up match Lol! Vegeta don’t need help Tsundere or Arrogant Prince!? I have to ask to my fellow MAL forums users did Master Roshi confuse Gohan with Gouku (until he looked at him)...? Ad last but not least Frieza slipping hand and Goku returning the favor... XD

On a side note:
I mistakenly thought that Frieza was going to betray them in this episode and maybe he was but the blunder committed by god(s) may motivate him to work with universe 7 team... then maybe seek revenge after the ones (gods) that target him... that is if Frieza doesn’t cause trouble for the guys... yeah right! One way or another he will.
Jun 10, 2017 8:29 PM

Mar 2016
I just wonna see what is going to be the excuse for him to not go to immediately... I mean, in Z, Goku didn't had 24h in total when he used SSJ1 and then SSJ2 and then SSJ3 completely killed is time on earth!
So, Frieza, who had just come back (24h total) transforms immediately in is Golden form which is EXPONENTIALLY more power than SSJ3 will cut is time VERY quickly! So, what is going to be the excuse now? Retcon? Probably.

Oh, and the episode was boring...

And Frieza sucks! :D

Dragon Ball Super Overall (94 eps): 3/10 👍
Jun 10, 2017 8:31 PM
Jul 2016
Damn, they at least give Frieza a proper comeback with his sly ass altitude especially "Hand Slipped" moment. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
Jun 10, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2016
i hope this keeps up, i can just see the goku and frieza shipping
the 17 x 18 reunion was cool
heard tournament 'starts' episode 97 so wonder how the next two will be

Jun 10, 2017 8:48 PM

Apr 2017
Okay so that was a good episode. The best moment was when Frieza transformed into his ultimate form. The transformation itself was great because of well it was animated. Only thing bad about this episode was the scene where 17 and 18 had finally talked after not seeing each other for a long time. I was honestly a bit disappointed with Android 18 and 17's reunion because I expected the both of them to show more emotions but oh well..
Only in death are we all equal.
Jun 10, 2017 8:58 PM

Jan 2009
why are CrunchyRoll using the wrong spelling of Freeza's name? lol
Jun 10, 2017 9:17 PM

Aug 2007
https://puu.sh/wgIRU/c609087867.jpg

I lost my shit at this part. A fucking youtube for gods of destruction in the Dragon Ball Universes, lol.

Jun 10, 2017 9:44 PM

Apr 2014
really nice ep really liked all the interactions between everyone from how they was from the past to now was really nice

and lol freeza and Goku just like old friends the meet up and such

anyway looking forward to next ep and for the tournament to finally happen
"one step at a time"
Jun 10, 2017 9:57 PM

Jan 2016
"Oops my hand slipped" that's Freeza xD I think he's slowly becoming the highlight of the U7 team. There's too much uncertainty in what he'll do in the Tournament.

Poor hitmen though, Sidra chose the wrong person for them lol

And interesting fact with what happened in the Androids meeting. 17 said Maron and 18 got quickly mad, as if it was intended to be a reference to Krillin's ex-girlfriend, someone who was filler lol

But I liked more when 17 and Piccolo met again. Right in the nostalgia! Back when they fought against each other (one of the greatest battles of DBZ) and then together against Cell ^^
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 10, 2017 10:05 PM

Jun 2016
azerty-kun said:
I just wonna see what is going to be the excuse for him to not go to immediately... I mean, in Z, Goku didn't had 24h in total when he used SSJ1 and then SSJ2 and then SSJ3 completely killed is time on earth!
So, Frieza, who had just come back (24h total) transforms immediately in is Golden form which is EXPONENTIALLY more power than SSJ3 will cut is time VERY quickly! So, what is going to be the excuse now? Retcon? Probably. 👍

First of all SSJ3 is a form that is known for its big amount of energy drain just like SSGB but Normal Super Saiyan God form doesn't drain Energy at all so if Goku used that form back when he came to earth in Z he wouldn't have wasted any time at all.
So we don't know if Frieza Golden form drains any energy at all.

And the other thing is that the tourney starts in 30 mins and lasts 40 mins (70 mins for Frieza to finish) which means that even if Frieza form takes alot of energy I don't think he will waste all the time he has alive. I doubt that 70 mins will waste the 24h.
Jun 10, 2017 10:37 PM

Apr 2014
Hias said:
https://puu.sh/wgIRU/c609087867.jpg

I lost my shit at this part. A fucking youtube for gods of destruction in the Dragon Ball Universes, lol.
You didn't lost it when it was mentioned during the Goku Black beginning or when Gowasu was filming his universe's team doing that silly dance?
Jun 10, 2017 11:03 PM

Dec 2014
17 and 18's reunion was quite something. xD
17 and Piccolo's handshake was great.

The Frieza 'Hand Slipped' moment was awesome.

We're gonna get some action next week, I really wish they'd start the tournament already. :(
Jun 10, 2017 11:11 PM

Apr 2012
Freeza's name correctly spelled.
I always spelled it that way from the start.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jun 10, 2017 11:20 PM
Jun 2011
Lelouch0202 said:
17 and 18's reunion was quite something. xD
17 and Piccolo's handshake was great.

The Frieza 'Hand Slipped' moment was awesome.

We're gonna get some action next week, I really wish they'd start the tournament already. :(
it seems the tournoment will begin in episode 97 so i guess we need to wait 2 more episodes
Jun 10, 2017 11:57 PM

Dec 2015
That Freeza (or is it Frieza?) drawing tho xD and Vegeta actually defending Frieza hahaha.

The way things are going, Frieza and Goku will be best buddies pretty soon.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 11, 2017 12:23 AM

Jul 2014
Damn that was a slow burning episode. They hyped up bringing back Frieza so suddenly and now took a whole episode just to revive him back.
That pun by No. 17 though~
And I come back to the question once again, if Sidra can manage to send dozens of Assassins to kill Frieza why doesn't he just add them as members for his own universe? Are they really that stupid? Because they deserve to get erased with all due respect if that's the case. Even their Angel looks fed up and lost all hope inside lol.
Jun 11, 2017 1:17 AM

May 2015
The android reunion was delightfully awkward!

That squeaking sound effect they have for Frieza's walk is hilarious.

As always, Piccolo is such a bro.
Jun 11, 2017 2:20 AM
May 2017
So Goku and Frezza gonna team up before the tournament
Jun 11, 2017 2:32 AM

Oct 2011
They're gonna waste a whole episode on the battle against those weaklings? It would have been better if Freeza finished them off with one hit at the end of this episode

Jun 11, 2017 3:03 AM

Oct 2015
I thought this episode the assassins would get killed instantly by Frieza, like some small fries. The episode was okay though. The tournament will begin with episode 97, finally it is confirmed!
Jun 11, 2017 3:26 AM

Aug 2014
That I'm 17 joke is easily the best thing in Super so far. The Frieza drawing was pretty good too, but they played it out too much with Kid Trunks addressing it directly.

Also good job of universe 4 figuring out they can disqualify the competition by making them incapable of gathering up 10 people, but going after the strongest fighters in universe 7. I mean there's the old guy, who can't even fly and a bald guy, who is anxious and afraid 90% of the time, but sure go after the people of the universe, who are on pair with their gods of destruction.
Jun 11, 2017 4:01 AM

Nov 2016
I liked the reunion of everyone, the interaction of the characters was pretty amusing.

Friezas transformation was nice, but kinda dragged, like this whole episode. Even though I enjoyed it quite a bit, I hope that the tournament will begin soon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 11, 2017 4:02 AM

Nov 2016
Gosh, everytime I hear Nakahara Shigeru's voice I remember how much I love it. I'm also loving N.17's humor sense.

I'm so proud of my Vegeta, being able to lie like that so his son won't worry XD

I don't like Frieza (always thought he was disgusting), but his interactions with Goku were great.
Jun 11, 2017 4:27 AM

Feb 2013
Vegeta defended Frieza, poor guy.
He is back, Frieza-sama is back, those assassins won't last too much.
Jun 11, 2017 5:22 AM

Jun 2012
"Oops, my hand slipped." That was awesome!
Jun 11, 2017 5:57 AM

Dec 2014
well this an interesting build up episode hmmm... frieza is bad ass.... so pumped for the tournament
Jun 11, 2017 7:07 AM

Nov 2010
I really liked the17/krillin,17/18 ,17/piccolo interactions especially android 18's towards krillin as they stood in front of 17. So many great lines from her.

" You don't have to force a conversation"
" no,her name is Marron get it wrong again and I'll kill you"

Lmao

Goku is still the biggest moron for recruiting frieza onto universe 7

Frieza being a target for assassination by universe 4 feels like filler
Jun 11, 2017 7:25 AM
Jun 2011
The_Nut_Cracker said:
I really liked the17/krillin,17/18 ,17/piccolo interactions especially android 18's towards krillin as they stood in front of 17. So many great lines from her.

" You don't have to force a conversation"
" no,her name is Marron get it wrong again and I'll kill you"

Lmao

Goku is still the biggest moron for recruiting frieza onto universe 7

Frieza being a target for assassination by universe 4 feels like filler
yes they are small fries for frieza but i dont know about sidra. he might be stronger
Jun 11, 2017 8:25 AM
Oct 2016
That move Kame-Sennin used on Yajirobe was the same on he used on Goku at the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai, and then he had a heart-to-heart moment with Karin about his days of training, and then Freeza did that gut punch "oops my hand slipped" thing so all in all some great moments in the ep, plus Kuririn met No. 17 and had a small heart to heart, and they had 17 trying to make a joke to Marron, just overall so many great moments for fans in this ep, I love the way they're doing that.
Jun 11, 2017 8:27 AM

May 2015
Nice interactions :D

Man, I love the ost and animation when freeza goes golden.

I ship 17/Piccolo. :D

Poor Krillin. He got very nervous. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 11, 2017 10:07 AM

Sep 2014
IcyGlacier said:
azerty-kun said:
So, Frieza, who had just come back (24h total) transforms immediately in is Golden form which is EXPONENTIALLY more power than SSJ3 will cut is time VERY quickly! So, what is going to be the excuse now? Retcon? Probably. 👍

First of all SSJ3 is a form that is known for its big amount of energy drain just like SSGB but Normal Super Saiyan God form doesn't drain Energy at all so if Goku used that form back when he came to earth in Z he wouldn't have wasted any time at all.

And the other thing is that the tourney starts in 30 mins and lasts 40 mins (70 mins for Frieza to finish) which means that even if Frieza form takes alot of energy I don't think he will waste all the time he has alive. I doubt that 70 mins will waste the 24h.

the blue form does not drain energy at all, that is the reason he can use kaioken. But I agree on freeza, there should be enough time for him.
Super would just create some lame excuse anyway, like the time limit on vegetto (vegetto fought kid boo way longer then 1 hour)

Am I the only one who found the android reunion weird? Yes they acted cold in Z, but not to each other. They where always quite sibling like.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 11, 2017 10:10 AM
Apr 2014
Frieza has never looked so badass. They handled it very well, I like that he's not playing along with Goku, he can't completely hold back against the monkey that made his afterlife miserable. Easily one of the best moments in Super, we'll see more of this in the tournament hopefully.
Dat Piccolo 17 moment, so much nostalgia, one of the most memorable non saiyan fights in DBZ.
Why is Buu still in the opening and Eyecatch?
Jun 11, 2017 11:35 AM

Dec 2015
A few nice moments here and there. The androids reunion was weird: they were supposed to have seen each other a few times now and then, here they look like two totally estranged people.

3/5 Frieza/Mutenroshi fanservice is super effective on me. -_- It's lame that it works on me, I'm ashamed.

Stark700 said:
By DBS logic, every hour makes up a full episode.

Didn't an episode a few weeks ago reduce the countdown of only thirty minutes?
Jun 11, 2017 11:55 AM

Jun 2016
robiu013 said:
That I'm 17 joke is easily the best thing in Super so far. The Frieza drawing was pretty good too, but they played it out too much with Kid Trunks addressing it directly.

Also good job of universe 4 figuring out they can disqualify the competition by making them incapable of gathering up 10 people, but going after the strongest fighters in universe 7. I mean there's the old guy, who can't even fly and a bald guy, who is anxious and afraid 90% of the time, but sure go after the people of the universe, who are on pair with their gods of destruction.

Uhm, they said that they had a someone being revived to join u7 team so they decided to kill frieza before he could join the team, this is the main reason they went after him
An

They didn't know that frieza was that strong.

And why go after the others when beerus and whis are with them? Makes no sense.
Jun 11, 2017 11:58 AM

Jun 2016
Comander-07 said:
IcyGlacier said:

the blue form does not drain energy at all, that is the reason he can use kaioken. But I agree on freeza, there should be enough time for him.
Super would just create some lame excuse anyway, like the time limit on vegetto (vegetto fought kid boo way longer then 1 hour)

Am I the only one who found the android reunion weird? Yes they acted cold in Z, but not to each other. They where always quite sibling like.

Wasn't it stated in the manga that Super Saiyan Blue uses alot of Stamina? But the Red Saiyan God doesn't.

And I don't think they have to make an excuse for freeza time because tourney starts in 30 mins and lasts 40 mins which means that frieza has 70 mins total to do the task he was asked which is to fight in the tourney besides in the tourney arena there's supposedly no time and space.
Jun 11, 2017 12:03 PM

Sep 2014
@IcyGlacier I dont read the manga but when he used SSB and kaioken vs hit he said he (and vegeta) can control his ki perfectly after training with the gods and is now able to use kaioken while every SSJ form before drained ki to some amount so he could not use it. My understanding was that the "red god" form was actually stronger (He was fighting beerus on 70% after all, add more training with whis and kaioken and his instant transmission, he would be far stronger then him now. So blue is weaker)
Comander-07Jun 11, 2017 12:08 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 11, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2016
Comander-07 said:
@IcyGlacier I dont read the manga but when he used SSB and kaioken vs hit he said he (and vegeta) can control his ki perfectly after training with the gods and is now able to use kaioken while every SSJ form before drained ki to some amount so he could not use it. My understanding was that the "red god" form was actually stronger (He was fighting beerus on 70% after all, add more training with whis and kaioken and his instant transmission, he would be far stronger then him now. So blue is weaker)

That doesn't mean that ssjb didn't use lots of stamina, he meant another thing which lets him uses blue with kaioken.

In the DBS manga chapter 22 it's explained that SSB Uses alot of energy/Stamina and they can't use it all the time. And it was also explained that super Saiyan God (red) doesn't use energy at all but it's weaker in power than ssjb.
You should read ep 22 of the manga it's actually really good to to read.
Jun 11, 2017 2:18 PM

Dec 2009
IcyGlacier said:
Comander-07 said:

That doesn't mean that ssjb didn't use lots of stamina, he meant another thing which lets him uses blue with kaioken.

In the DBS manga chapter 22 it's explained that SSB Uses alot of energy/Stamina and they can't use it all the time. And it was also explained that super Saiyan God (red) doesn't use energy at all but it's weaker in power than ssjb.
You should read ep 22 of the manga it's actually really good to to read.

The manga and anime aren't part of the same canon and the forms work differently. Super Saiyan Blue in the anime doesn't consume hardly any energy and is brought about by perfect Ki control. The Super Saiyan Blue form in the manga is heavily nerfed so that the original Super Saiyan God form still has a use. Hell Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-ken doesn't even exist in the manga, so your argument doesn't have much merit.
Jun 11, 2017 4:20 PM

Aug 2014
IcyGlacier said:
robiu013 said:

Uhm, they said that they had a someone being revived to join u7 team so they decided to kill frieza before he could join the team, this is the main reason they went after him
An

They didn't know that frieza was that strong.

And why go after the others when beerus and whis are with them? Makes no sense.
You do have some decent arguments. However the spying had a much broader intent than to find out about frieza. If it was really worth anything then they would know who is who and take out the easy targets. Let's also not forget that 18 and krillin split to pick up 17. There were plenty of better options to make. Plus they were aware of goku's ssb-form since the exhibition matches, so regardless of whether they knew frieza's power, striking while goku was around was still foolish.
Jun 11, 2017 5:21 PM

Apr 2014
فريزا مخيف جدا

Jun 11, 2017 5:38 PM

Jul 2013
Nothing really special happened in this episode. When Vegeta was defending Freezer before Trunks so that he don't find out about the tourney was funny especially when we saw what Vegeta thoughts really were about it :D

Krillin trying to get into a conversation with 17 was also funny to see.

I liked when Piccolo asked 17 if he got stronger and 17 respond with the same question and they shaked hands afterwards.

So the assassins appeared and Freezer didn't hesitate any second to show his power. Hopefully this won't end up to badly. Goku and the others don't really have to much more time left before the tourney begins.

Jun 11, 2017 7:25 PM

Nov 2011
Rei366 said:
Stark700 said:
By DBS logic, every hour makes up a full episode.

Didn't an episode a few weeks ago reduce the countdown of only thirty minutes?

I wrote that mostly as a joke lol

Time in anime rarely makes sense in logic.
Jun 11, 2017 9:32 PM

Dec 2016
I'm so eager to see how the Goku gang is going to react when he comes back to Capsule Corp. holding hands with Frieza like they were the best buddies, especially Kuririn, like he wasn't the guy who once made him blow up in a zillion pieces. Those dynamics are going to be priceless....
Jun 11, 2017 9:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Picollo and 17 shaking hands was so great to see, such an amazing history those 2 have.
Vegeta's expression when he had to say Frieza was a good guy lol, epic. I enjoyed the last couple minutes of the episode. That transformation looked epic. Only problem is, won't it drain Frieza's time or the Void area timeless?

Jun 12, 2017 1:29 AM
Jun 2017
I think freeza just a filler episode, in the end buu gonna wake up at the last moment
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.