Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2010 8:46 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was the best anime I have ever scene. Screw 11eyes this by far beats all anime I have seen so far! The score is now a 10. The battle against Berserker...beautiful and Archer's sacrifice noble! Saber's love for Emiya was touching. Saber against Gilgamesh round 1 with the scabbard.....no words can describe the excitment felt. Rin's blood.....no words to even describe the shock. Illiyasviel's nakedness no sadness can compare seeing her being used like that as a vessel for the Holy Grail. Kirei's death...no happiness can be felt as best as that dagger being in him and his death. Finally no T_T can be too much or oveflowing for Saber at the end of this episode....does she really die? TT_TT such a brave Arthuria she was......EXCALIBUR is now my favorite sword nothing I have seen can match to it. I am sure it can cut in half any mecha even. The action was incredible! The emotions were overflowing! The animation quality cannot be compared to anything I have seen with this kind of same setting. Is the series really better and as intense as this episode ever was? I guess I will have to find out. Overall the best I have seen! Glory to Excalibur!
Saber I cry for you T_T
V

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 26, 2010 9:20 PM

Dec 2008
The battles were amazing, the characters interesting and beautiful and the story was sort of cliché at first, but then it got so good that it became an instant classic. Definitely it contains one of the best endings in anime history.

This second OVA felt less rushed than the first one but, again, some crucial plot events were overlooked. This is the only fact that prevents me from giving it a 10 (like I ranked the original series) + the rushed pace from the previous OVA, made me score it an 8.

Nice remembering such quality work; looking forward to the movie : D
Feb 26, 2010 11:36 PM

Sep 2008
Mamiko Noto was the only good part.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2010 12:48 PM

May 2007
I pity the one who watched this recap instead of the original series.

Anyway, the ending was awesome as I used to remember it. Really touching.
Now, I'm really in mood to play saber in crucis fatal fake !

Feb 28, 2010 2:11 AM

Oct 2009
TAB said:
Well at first I was not sure about this but now I am going to start soon to watch the originals.

Feb 28, 2010 5:31 AM

Feb 2009
They removed Shirou's famous line? :)) Well at least they didn't place the CG dragon again, it felt stupid now that i played the VN. Hope the movie doesn't disappoint, i'm still wondering how they can place the whole UBW route in less than 2 hours.
Feb 28, 2010 3:34 PM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
TAB said:
Well at first I was not sure about this but now I am going to start soon to watch the originals.

Ah man....you just ruined the story on yourself. These OVAs are just a clip show. Tons of stuff was left out.

Well it was basically a chopped down version of the anime so I can't give it high marks. But at least I got a kickass version of the Disillusion opening out of it.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 28, 2010 5:17 PM

Sep 2007
Terrible. So much stuff was taken out. All the scenes did not flow well. It was just plain terrible. 6/10
Mar 1, 2010 6:47 AM

Dec 2008
It a nice reminder for me

because they used only 2 hours to sum up a 24 episode show there was a lack of tension.
it would have been nice if there was an short info screen between the scenes

The ending was very touching yet

please watch the whole show if you liked these two "summary" ova`s
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2010 2:01 PM

Dec 2008
francismeunier said:
TAB said:
LOL! Go watch the original anime!
belatkuro said:
Hope the movie doesn't disappoint, i'm still wondering how they can place the whole UBW route in less than 2 hours.
Indeed, I'd want to see that for myself as well.
AidanAK47 said:
But at least I got a kickass version of the Disillusion opening out of it.
Absolutely! It's better than the original version. Also the second OVA's ending it's pretty good as well. Better music than the original series overall.

BTW, the movie's opening and ending singles are awesome! Check them out!

Fabienne said:
because they used only 2 hours to sum up a 24 episode show there was a lack of tension.
Exactly. Take this into consideration and the OVAs were not that...
Wasabi said:
Terrible.
Mar 1, 2010 8:32 PM

Apr 2009
hmmm

does the episode 1 and 2 have a same scene..???

or maybe i got awrong download for the second one...??

0.0a
Mar 4, 2010 7:15 AM
Sep 2009
Because I love F/S N so much I just can't give this more than just a 7... it left so much out and twisted many scenes that it isn't funny anymore... if you like this OVA, go read the Visual Novel it's 100000 times better than this or the anime :x
RuukosMar 4, 2010 7:19 AM
]
Mar 8, 2010 9:37 PM
Nov 2009
Lol wow this tv reproduction crap sucked major ass...huge waste of time. It just made one of the most annoying anime characters EVER more annoying(Emiya Shirou, god...) because now he's yelling "SABER!" every fucking 30 seconds...I can't remember how many times I told my computer screen to stfu...

oh well, atleast the OP(francis whatever)'s post made me LOL. I guess it not a COMPLETE waste of time =\...EXCALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!
pffthahahah...sorry I had to =DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
conbiniMar 8, 2010 9:44 PM
Mar 10, 2010 12:55 PM

Oct 2009
dandere said:
oh well, atleast the OP(francis whatever)'s post made me LOL. I guess it not a COMPLETE waste of time
For those who did not see it and to decide....2 hours is not bad....gives a good preview of what the TV series can be.....convinced me.....now I just have to find time to watch it some time.

Mar 17, 2010 3:58 PM

Nov 2007
It was nice to see Unlimited Blade Works again.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 1, 2010 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
gives a good preview of what the TV series can be
You know.... It's not supposed to be viewed as a preview for the tv series >.>

There's something very important that I missed in this though... Where's my "People die if they are killed"? xD
But then again, there's Girugameshu! 8D
Anyway, I want Unlimited Blade Works, now.
Also, more Rin~ <3

I'd say somewhere about 8.. And I kinda feel like raising my original rating of the original tv series to 8 from 7 8D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 2, 2010 5:31 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
gives a good preview of what the TV series can be
You know.... It's not supposed to be viewed as a preview for the tv series >.>
That's not what I meant by it.....it was more to see it to see how the TV series flows with its elements.

Apr 2, 2010 5:49 PM

Aug 2008
It was beautifully animated and this episode was quite intense, but they fit too much into too small of a time frame. The scenes seemed to jump around with virtually no transition whatsoever. For someone not familiar with the series, this would be hard to follow.
"Cicadas, even though their lives last only a few weeks, fall in love and disappear"

~Heed the roar of the mighty ocelot~
Apr 3, 2010 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
masterhoopla said:
For someone not familiar with the series, this would be hard to follow.
That's why we shouldn't do as did francis and watch this before the series itself : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 25, 2010 9:10 AM

Aug 2007
Too little Archer. The scene with Berserker took longer than that... Go, go, original series. Even better: the VN.

6/10, at least it was nice to hear the OST again and to have the story in short...
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
May 26, 2010 11:30 AM

Apr 2009
TAB said:

And I pity those who watched either the original or reproduction instead of playing the vn. Actually, it's a mediocre adaptation.

Jun 15, 2010 9:27 PM

May 2009
To me, the second part of the series was the most epic, and this ova actually ruined all that epicness

Still, it was awesome to rewatch the ending =) I wish they'd make hollow ataraxia anime =D
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Oct 22, 2010 12:28 PM
Sep 2009
Decent OVA imo, you can only show so much with the little time they have. It was a good attempt to show the important parts of the series.
Nov 23, 2010 7:31 AM

Jun 2009
The position of synchronizing haha
Both wielding 1 sword = possible?
it was quite fast but someone I enjoyed all the battle scene
Choosing between dream and love, quite hard

So it was all a dream? living into the reality.. so what happen to Saber now?

anyway since I dropped the series at episode 5, the recap for me is better.. didn't get bored

7/10
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 23, 2010 1:09 PM
Nov 2010
what does fate stay night HF mean? why do everyone say "now hf is the only one missing and it is completed." ? i don't understand
Aug 24, 2011 6:26 PM

Aug 2010
francisosorio243 said:
what does fate stay night HF mean? why do everyone say "now hf is the only one missing and it is completed." ? i don't understand

HF means heavens feel. It's one of the routes from Fate stay night.

Blackiris said:
TAB said:

And I pity those who watched either the original or reproduction instead of playing the vn. Actually, it's a mediocre adaptation.

Yeah for sure.
Oct 23, 2011 9:52 AM

Mar 2010
I finished watching the ova now . Really one of the amazing ova i ever seen so far :)
and I give it a 8/10 for overall .

Its a nice reminder for me since i last watched the series about 5 years ago :)
Mar 18, 2014 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
Meh, I watched 20min of the first ep and could not last trough it. Will re-watch the series and consider it being this xD.
Sep 1, 2016 3:36 AM

Feb 2013
Boring recap except the last scene when she dies, that is always sad.
Jun 25, 2021 4:01 PM

Jan 2018
francisosorio243 said:

lol you made an account just to ask that.
I know I'm 11 years late but hf means heaven's feel
Aug 17, 2023 6:47 AM

Dec 2007
i was afraid the 2nd part would be with too much cuts, but it were actually pretty good recap without much cuts into the important and deep plot.

still felt though that they preferred the action rather than the story.
but i must give that the art and animation rework in this part was better.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night TV Reproduction Episode 1 Discussion

francismeunier - Feb 17, 2010

35 by User-Name »»
May 25, 2023 8:34 AM

» What do you think?

Julio-sama - Dec 30, 2009

23 by francisosorio243 »»
Nov 23, 2010 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.