Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2017 7:45 AM

Jan 2016
I'm really struggling to see how someone could like this subjectively, yet alone seeing any objective properties of merit. Someone please enlighten me with what they actually like about this show?
LythelusNov 5, 2020 6:01 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 10, 2017 7:57 AM

Apr 2011
you obviously don't know what subjectively and objectively mean, please refrain from using these terms.

Jun 10, 2017 8:03 AM

Jan 2016
Valaskjalf said:
you obviously don't know what subjectively and objectively mean, please refrain from using these terms.

Ouch, guess I'll go drown in a river now, thanks for your time.
Jun 10, 2017 5:18 PM

Mar 2011
It's an ecchi comedy, even a parody at points. Most of the people who go into this show thinking it's trying to be serious obviously aren't going to like it. I think it's very good for what it is.
Jun 10, 2017 5:19 PM

Sep 2009
I'd like to say "I hope not," but people are stupid, and I know there are people who do.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 13, 2017 9:14 PM
Jun 2017
This anime is really funny but if you are looking for more serious anime this isn't for you. Many people think it's hilarious.
Jun 13, 2017 9:39 PM

May 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
I'd like to say "I hope not," but people are stupid, and I know there are people who do.

Yeah, they're stupid because they like a show you don't. 10/10 logic.

Jun 13, 2017 10:00 PM

Sep 2009
Kittens-kun said:
MortalMelancholy said:

They're stupid to like something that was butchered by a shitty anime studio's shitty writing and shitty animation.
Jun 13, 2017 11:20 PM

May 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
Kittens-kun said:

They're stupid to like something that was butchered by a shitty anime studio's shitty writing and shitty animation.

None of that is objective though. They aren't stupid just because their opinion is different than yours.

Jun 13, 2017 11:31 PM

Sep 2009
Kittens-kun said:
MortalMelancholy said:

None of that is objective though. They aren't stupid just because their opinion is different than yours.

It is objective. The animation literally has less unique frames than the average anime.
Jun 13, 2017 11:33 PM

May 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
Kittens-kun said:

It is objective. The animation literally has less unique frames than the average anime.

But the quality of it isn't. You think it looks awful, others might not care.

Jun 13, 2017 11:58 PM

Sep 2009
Kittens-kun said:
MortalMelancholy said:

But the quality of it isn't. You think it looks awful, others might not care.

The quality is objective. If you make one oven tray out of titanium, and one oven tray out of tin, Ceteris paribus, the titanium one is objectively of better quality, and objectively superior.
MortalMelancholyJun 14, 2017 12:17 AM
Jun 15, 2017 5:52 AM

Feb 2016
Personally i love it!
Definitely not a top anime but its still enjoyable and makes me laugh at times.

Jun 15, 2017 1:38 PM

Nov 2016
Please define quality.

The production value for this show isn't high,rather low and it's also not deep/meaningful whatever people classify as "quality", but that doesn't prevent it from beeing entertaining.

When I picked up this show I was expecting something incredibly stupid and hilarious and you know what, I got exactly that. In my eyes it's a quality show, since it's able to achieve that what it wanted to achieve or better said it fulfilled it's intention.

The comedy is good for me due to the likeable cast and their interaction,some ridiculous moments and I like the facial expressions, especially from Guri very much. Some people will disagree, but to each their own I guess.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2017 1:46 PM

Jan 2017
MortalMelancholy said:

The quality is objective. If you make one oven tray out of titanium, and one oven tray out of tin, Ceteris paribus, the titanium one is objectively of better quality, and objectively superior.

True, but what if making twenty oven trays out of tin still cost less than one out of titanium. Then the tin one is just more efficient. I mean, this is a comedy Anime. It's supposed to make you laugh, and for that its shitty comic-style visuals are enough.

I think what they tried with this story is something like Konosuba did. But it doesn't work as well. In my opinion, the reason for this is that Konosuba's perfect use of irony and sarcastic dark humor was deployed over an Isekai-Fantasy setting. These kinds of stories usually take themselves and their epic plots very serious. But Love Tyrant tries to make a parody of the Rom-Com-Ecchi-Harem setting. A setting that is already supposed to be funny and sometimes a parody itself. To me, this is why most of the jokes of this Anime seem rather lame and old.

Yet, I find some parts really well done, the depiction of heaven, for example. And I don't ever feel uncomfortable by watching this show. Plus, it makes me laugh most of the time. To sum up, I don't think it is a high quality show. But it is way better written, executed and less of a pain than most other shows of its genre
Jun 15, 2017 1:54 PM
Apr 2014
MortalMelancholy said:

MortalMelancholy said:

And you are wrong. That is an objective opinion by the way, not a subjective one.

As to why I like it, it's mainly because of the quirky characters, and the fact that the show makes me laugh = the writing is not "shitty".

The quality of the animation hasn't bothered me at all, so again, not shitty.

People who think that "many unique frames = good anime" are wrong, so no need to comment on that one. Again, just my objective opinion :)
Jun 15, 2017 2:47 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I personally think it's a quality anime for what it's got goin for it. I mean it's a comedy so the visuals and production values aren't going to be as high, anyone who really knows anime would understand that. Even then, shit production values can actually make a series funnier during some moments, Example : all of Konosuba S2

Second, from an adaptation standpoint it's not that bad. I'd say it they done a good job handling the source material with the given 12 episodes it's got.

It just simply boils down to what you think is a quality show, that's all.
Jun 15, 2017 3:24 PM
Aug 2011
I thought it was way too much "lul random" which can work for me sometimes. With this show it felt like Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo where it was doing random for random sake and trying to get just anything to stick and be funny.

As such I couldn't get into the humor because like Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo it felt like it could do whatever the hell it wanted to at any time because comedy?

I just thought how it did humor wasn't funny to me, given this is a comedy yeah that is killer.

Jun 15, 2017 9:57 PM

Sep 2009
TheToad said:
MortalMelancholy said:

MortalMelancholy said:

And you are wrong. That is an objective opinion by the way, not a subjective one.

As to why I like it, it's mainly because of the quirky characters, and the fact that the show makes me laugh = the writing is not "shitty".

The quality of the animation hasn't bothered me at all, so again, not shitty.

People who think that "many unique frames = good anime" are wrong, so no need to comment on that one. Again, just my objective opinion :)

People who think that Dictionaries should define many words must also be wrong. Good job having an opinion that is objectively yours though.

Well... I guess inferior opinions are to be expected of those who only touch secondaries.
MortalMelancholyJun 15, 2017 10:06 PM
Jun 15, 2017 10:01 PM

Jul 2015
you can easily guess what kind of anime would it be just by its opening!
i personally actually kinda like this show!
Jun 15, 2017 10:01 PM

Apr 2016
The show is terrible. The kiss note plays almost no part in the show. It's pretty much "how many dere-types can we cram into this shitty harem?"
Jun 15, 2017 11:05 PM

Oct 2011
I did. Until the second half of 11th episode. Now i'm not so sure...
Jun 16, 2017 12:31 AM
Apr 2014
MortalMelancholy said:

People who think that Dictionaries should define many words must also be wrong.

People who think that the number of definitions in a dictionary is more important than the definitions being correct must also be wrong. Oh wait - they are wrong.

People who think that comparing a dictionary to an anime makes sense, must also be wrong. Oh wait - they also are wrong. The purpose of using a dictionary is (usually) to look up a word you don't understand (=learning), while the purpose of watching anime is (usually) to be entertained.

Also, people who don't understand sarcasm should look the word up in a dictionary.

Again, just more of my objective opinions.

(And in case it was too hard for you too understand: My opinions were as "objective" as yours when you said that "many unique frames = high quality animation" or that this anime has "shitty writing")
Jun 16, 2017 1:28 AM

Sep 2009
TheToad said:
MortalMelancholy said:

People who think that Dictionaries should define many words must also be wrong.

People who think that the number of definitions in a dictionary is more important than the definitions being correct must also be wrong. Oh wait - they are wrong.

People who think that comparing a dictionary to an anime makes sense, must also be wrong. Oh wait - they also are wrong. The purpose of using a dictionary is (usually) to look up a word you don't understand (=learning), while the purpose of watching anime is (usually) to be entertained.

Also, people who don't understand sarcasm should look the word up in a dictionary.

Again, just more of my objective opinions.

(And in case it was too hard for you too understand: My opinions were as "objective" as yours when you said that "many unique frames = high quality animation" or that this anime has "shitty writing")

I'm comparing quantity of core content to quantity of core content. Obviously the definitions must be correct, which is of equal importance, but the anime equivalent to that would be requiring that the anime say, has art in the first place. Purpose aside, analogies are an excellent medium to help retarded people understand simple things; apparently even that is beyond you. But that's just my subjective opinion; no need to take offense.

And in case it was too difficult for you to understand, few unique frames = low quality animation (though the reverse may not be true), which is an objective, logically proven fact. The anime having poor writing is my opinion; albeit a very well-founded one.
Jun 16, 2017 1:48 AM
Apr 2014
MortalMelancholy said:

I'm comparing quantity of core content to quantity of core content.

Then we don't agree on what the core content of an anime is. To me, the "core content" of an anime is whatever makes it entertaining. If it looks bad (not that I agree that this anime looks bad), but is still entertaining, then the animation does what it is meant to do.

Watching stop-motion animation must be hell for you... So few frames.

Likewise, it doesn't matter how high the quality of the animation is if the anime is so boring that it makes you fall asleep. Then it's just a bad anime.
Jun 16, 2017 2:10 AM

Sep 2009
TheToad said:
MortalMelancholy said:

I'm comparing quantity of core content to quantity of core content.

Then we don't agree on what the core content of an anime is. To me, the "core content" of an anime is whatever makes it entertaining. If it looks bad (not that I agree that this anime looks bad), but is still entertaining, then the animation does what it is meant to do.

Watching stop-motion animation must be hell for you... So few frames.

Likewise, it doesn't matter how high the quality of the animation is if the anime is so boring that it makes you fall asleep. Then it's just a bad anime.

Anime and entertainment are two different things, though most (not all) are made for entertainment, so I assume the most core quality of an anime must be, that it is animated. At any rate, "quality," is how something compares against a standard; naturally, all parameters, including non-universal ones, tie into the overall quality of something. Even using "entertainment" as the exclusive standard, a score of 6.97 doesn't imply "quality."
Jun 16, 2017 10:25 PM

Jan 2016
CrashD said:
The show is terrible. The kiss note plays almost no part in the show. It's pretty much "how many dere-types can we cram into this shitty harem?"

Good point. It hasn't been brought up since the first couple episodes. Seems like a bloody terrible melodramatic drama fest between a bunch of dere dere for a majority of the anime so far.
Jun 16, 2017 10:58 PM

Apr 2016
Lythelus said:
CrashD said:

Good point. It hasn't been brought up since the first couple episodes. Seems like a bloody terrible melodramatic drama fest between a bunch of dere dere for a majority of the anime so far.

I mean, I didn't go into it thinking it was going to be good, but with all the serious shows I'm watching this season. I thought watching a dumb, silly one would be good. However, I've not enjoyed a single moment of the show.
Jun 17, 2017 12:16 AM
Aug 2012
CrashD said:

This folks is an example of a retard with a shit sense of humor.
Jun 17, 2017 12:46 AM

Jun 2016
When I heard that this anime's a Death Note parody, I gave it a try because obviously I loved Death Note (despite the fact that it's got romance, because tbh I detests romance af). I watched episode 1 and I loved it because it's so hilarious. That time I don't get why this anime's review is not good, not until the latest episode was released. I heard that this is where the manga started its downfall. And honestly I hated that last episode, it's like it's saving for last for me to hate this show. Ugh.

I just continue watching this show because of the comedy, but the last episode suckballs. And where the 'harem' tag for this show? Hahaha!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jun 17, 2017 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
It's not quality based show but its pretty enjoyable still.
Jun 17, 2017 1:53 AM
Jul 2012
I think it's a good candidate for anime of the season tbh, and I'm enjoying every moment of it (well, Aino Seiji wasn't that great when he saw Guri in episode 11). But we can't all have the same taste in anime.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Jun 17, 2017 6:32 PM

Jan 2014
Yourlolm said:
Personally i love it!

Tldr the whole thread; this is the genuine answer.
Trash too treasure for some, and if it makes some folks smile at the end of the day that's all this is.
I don't think this series was trying hard at all to be a memorable classic, and it's understandable how that can be infuriating to some folks.. but it is what it is. A product at your disposal. Watch. Don't watch. Understand, or ignore. Dwelling isn't worth your time. Just be happy for those who smile for it.
Jun 18, 2017 12:21 AM

Apr 2016
GodofWar2015 said:
CrashD said:

I wasn't making a joke. That's literally what the premise of this show is. Every female character is a different dere type and every episode consists of a minor problem occurring and then all of them forgetting about it and going back to killing each other over the main character. It's a cut and paste show with no likable qualities or anything unique about it. The entire concept that this show is based on is another show's concept.

Don't call other people retards when you can't even think of an argument yourself.
Jun 20, 2017 10:40 AM

Jun 2011
CrashD said:
GodofWar2015 said:

I wasn't making a joke. That's literally what the premise of this show is. Every female character is a different dere type and every episode consists of a minor problem occurring and then all of them forgetting about it and going back to killing each other over the main character. It's a cut and paste show with no likable qualities or anything unique about it. The entire concept that this show is based on is another show's concept.

Don't call other people retards when you can't even think of an argument yourself.

Strangely it is why I like it. XD It is totally shit. I admitted it was shit. I think it knew it was shit right out the gate.

The theme song gets stuck in my head and I sing it.

And it is better than Eromanga sensei which actually did disappoint even though all I wanted was incest. Felt like at least Love Tyrant delivered. XD hahahaha
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jun 20, 2017 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
maggiejay said:
Yourlolm said:
Personally i love it!

Trash too treasure for some, and if it makes some folks smile at the end of the day that's all this is.
I don't think this series was trying hard at all to be a memorable classic, and it's understandable how that can be infuriating to some folks.. but it is what it is. A product at your disposal. Watch. Don't watch. Understand, or ignore. Dwelling isn't worth your time. Just be happy for those who smile for it.

^^^ YES. I never once though- oh yes. *classic anime on the prowl here* hur hur. no. This is an anime for people who just want a good time. The only question I ask myself is if Bananya better.
Jun 20, 2017 11:35 AM

Jan 2014
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
maggiejay said:

^^^ YES. I never once though- oh yes. *classic anime on the prowl here* hur hur. no. This is an anime for people who just want a good time. The only question I ask myself is if Bananya better.

As a person who tries their best to be open-minded and non-polarizing; Bananya is better.
Text sarcasm aside, I personally will likely remember Bananya in 5 years better than Love Tyrant.
Jun 20, 2017 11:53 AM

Jun 2011
maggiejay said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

As a person who tries their best to be open-minded and non-polarizing; Bananya is better.
Text sarcasm aside, I personally will likely remember Bananya in 5 years better than Love Tyrant.

Bananya was pretty perfect. I did rate it better. XD
Jun 20, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2014
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
maggiejay said:

Bananya was pretty perfect. I did rate it better. XD

....shit man, I did too
Bananya 5/10
Love Tyrant 4/10
Jun 20, 2017 8:12 PM

Apr 2016
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
CrashD said:

Strangely it is why I like it. XD It is totally shit. I admitted it was shit. I think it knew it was shit right out the gate.

And it is better than Eromanga sensei which actually did disappoint even though all I wanted was incest. Felt like at least Love Tyrant delivered. XD hahahaha

That's the problem. Love Tyrant tries to be more than it is by having somewhat of a story and characters that it tries to develop, but it fails. No matter what characterization it tries to give its characters, they just go back to being archetypes by the end of the episode. At least true slice of life shows like Eromanga sensei ditch the story and characterization completely and embrace that their shows are about nothing and are just cute, relaxing shows that no one takes seriously.

And yeah, the intro song is amazing and too good for a show like this.
Jun 20, 2017 8:21 PM

Jun 2011
CrashD said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

That's the problem. Love Tyrant tries to be more than it is by having somewhat of a story and characters that it tries to develop, but it fails. No matter what characterization it tries to give its characters, they just go back to being archetypes by the end of the episode. At least true slice of life shows like Eromanga sensei ditch the story and characterization completely and embrace that their shows are about nothing and are just cute, relaxing shows that no one takes seriously.

Eromanga promises incest. Does not deliver on incest. Sorry. I think it is shit in every way because it doesn't give the fans what they were there for.

There is just some shit which annoys me forever about the fanservice genre. If you are an incest show- be a fucking incest show. I cannot tell you how much I did not need any other girl in that show.
Jun 20, 2017 8:42 PM

Apr 2016
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
CrashD said:

Eromanga promises incest. Does not deliver on incest. Sorry. I think it is shit in every way because it doesn't give the fans what they were there for.

There is just some shit which annoys me forever about the fanservice genre. If you are an incest show- be a fucking incest show. I cannot tell you how much I did not need any other girl in that show.

No anime that promised legitimate incest or some other extreme, weird thing ever delivered. If you want incest, go watch hentai.
Jun 20, 2017 9:02 PM

Jun 2013

Yosuga no sora delivered.
Jun 20, 2017 9:06 PM

Jun 2011
CrashD said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

No anime that promised legitimate incest or some other extreme, weird thing ever delivered. If you want incest, go watch hentai.

I watch hentai already. No no. Seriously- this is a bait and switch incest series. It is a pretty annoying trope in anime. Koi Kaze wins honestly for both taking it seriously and actually delivering on the incest.

Incest bait series are worse than incest series.
Jun 20, 2017 9:24 PM

Apr 2016
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
CrashD said:

I watch hentai already. No no. Seriously- this is a bait and switch incest series. It is a pretty annoying trope in anime. Koi Kaze wins honestly for both taking it seriously and actually delivering on the incest.

Incest bait series are worse than incest series.

I would still rather watch it any day than Love Tyrant.
Oct 7, 2018 3:28 AM

Jun 2016
Fucking hell Lyth, it's one of the best of the season objectively
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2018 4:16 AM

Jan 2016
:GWfroggyjerry:
Jan 19, 2019 2:56 AM

Sep 2018
I dont think its great or something but just like some other trash shows its so trash that when you dont take it serious its acutally funny
Feb 24, 2019 12:54 AM

Apr 2018
The anime isn't a masterpiece, but it's a funny show, personally i give it 7,50☆
it made me laugh a lot, plus the parodies, nice.
Fight for All That's Beautiful in The World !

Apr 3, 2019 8:28 PM

Sep 2016
In the ends who cares were all just anime fans looking for some fun.
"All the detriment in this world is caused by a lack of individual ability."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

98 by Setephen »»
Nov 8, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 23, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

73 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 23, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Renai Boukun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

223 by Failure_No1 »»
May 29, 2023 8:06 AM

» Was it faithful to the manga?

Hystique - May 24, 2023

2 by Rathifiend99 »»
May 25, 2023 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.