Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 10, 2017 6:46 PM

Apr 2010
Jun 10, 2017 10:11 PM
Oct 2010
Contreras1991 said:
GD1551 said:

Then why does he need Utaha then? If he truly isn't trying to use their names, why must she be on the project? Or the blonde girl either?

Secondly I don't have a "grudge" against the MC, just from my PoV he's not a good guy. Also by stay on I mean stay in the "blessing software group", and yes I know it's not his fault they mixed feelings into the work, but the only reason they came on board the project was because of feelings. If it was purely business, they would have never taken on that amateur hour project and he knew this.

Also, I'm not surprised they felt they betrayed him, they like him a lot, maybe even love that guy (I don't even know why) but they made their choice knowing fully well that he isn't worth wasting their time on but their feelings compel them to feel bad for him. It's not about me "forcing love", I don't even understand why they like this guy in the first place, but it's about me using their love to his advantage and not budging an inch when it comes to maybe exploring their feelings.

Like I said, he picked them because he is a fan of their works, and because they are his friends, and MC respected both of them because of that. In season 1 when Utaha asked why he picked only girls, he said it was just a coincidence that all the good creators that he knew (and that are his friends) are women

Again MC is not some kind of evil mastermind that uses everyone to his purposes, like a cold blooded bastard, at least, is not that kind of anime or story. This is one of the reasons why many people didn't like this forced drama that is happening in this season

So im telling you why everyone is saying that Utaha snd Eriri are traitors, and clearly it was not for take a golden opportunity, everyone agrees that is good for them ( still many people here dont understand why they choose to work with someone that treats them like slaves), but is the way how they did it. They not only hurt MC in the process , but they also hurt Katou ( she was pissed with MC because secrets, and she enjoyed being with the group, so she will be pissed) and Michiru

I think you are misunderstanding me, I am not against people calling them traitors or whatever, I'm just pointing out that the MC is a tard and should have seen that coming from a mile away. However he was so self absorbed and selfish that he couldn't even see something so basic in front his face. If this had remained a comedy instead of trying to be serious, I would have literally ignored all of that like I was doing already, but nah, they went down the melodrama route so I'm going to call it out.

1. He picked them because of their talents first and foremost, not out of friendship or respect. He even stated that a game with both their names attached would gather a lot of attention. If he truly wanted to create something that was his own he would have only need the blonde girl to help with the art and did the story/routes himself.

Instead he let them make a game that he liked and tacked on some garbo route at the end.

2. Despite number 1, he never ONCE asked them what they wanted to see in the game, despite providing very little of the expertise himself. The only reason he could be considered a creative on this project is because of his ending. At best he did grunt work, Q.A and play testing. If you removed him from the project, absolutely nothing would change.

Ecchi-wow-wa said:
GD1551 said:

Then why does he need Utaha then? If he truly isn't trying to use their names, why must she be on the project? Or the blonde girl either?

Secondly I don't have a "grudge" against the MC, just from my PoV he's not a good guy. Also by stay on I mean stay in the "blessing software group", and yes I know it's not his fault they mixed feelings into the work, but the only reason they came on board the project was because of feelings. If it was purely business, they would have never taken on that amateur hour project and he knew this.

Also, I'm not surprised they felt they betrayed him, they like him a lot, maybe even love that guy (I don't even know why) but they made their choice knowing fully well that he isn't worth wasting their time on but their feelings compel them to feel bad for him. It's not about me "forcing love", I don't even understand why they like this guy in the first place, but it's about me using their love to his advantage and not budging an inch when it comes to maybe exploring their feelings.

How is he the bad guy? How do you know also that the two girls only joined up because they love the MC? Why can't they just get together to make something because they share an interest and are friends? The Love angle is such a stretch, the kid didn't do anything to lead anyone on, he never broke any promises he's made, he's always been honest with his motives. He never used the girls love for him to force them to do anything.

Because this season has literally been about that?
Jun 11, 2017 11:30 AM

Feb 2010
It's heating up way too fast, and it only has 2 episodes left!

Damn, Tomoya is gonna get the shortest end of the stick
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 12, 2017 3:18 PM
Jun 2012
Seriously what the hell was that? They just took a huge dump on all the episodes before. I dont even know why the hell I'm watching this.
Jun 12, 2017 8:36 PM

Dec 2014
well the ending went pretty harsh... I was not accepting it
Jun 12, 2017 10:32 PM
Jan 2012
The only thing in my mind is that Kato-san has a big lead against Utaha-senpai and Sawamura-san for not ditching Aki-kun.
Jun 13, 2017 8:43 AM
May 2017
Disappointed.
ichinelJun 13, 2017 9:01 AM
Jun 15, 2017 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
Some drama with Akane but that scream from Eriri though.

Eriri and Utaha have a complicated relationship but it's good to know that they care for each other.

Tomoyo is so clueless and selfish. He Probably doesn't realise it.

That Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records reference.

No Katou :(

Jun 20, 2017 12:46 PM

Aug 2013
What was that. Direction is getting better and better form episode to episode. Now I can't decide which one is AOTS.
I can't wait for next episode (but I'm not picking up official shitsubs).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 22, 2017 3:12 AM

Mar 2008
I hope Utaha and Eriri burn. What they did to Tomoya is just wrong. I know he doesn't own them but they are sorry ass friends.
AnimeJunkyJun 22, 2017 5:28 AM
Jun 29, 2017 12:29 AM

Jan 2013
So melodramatic. Easily worst ep so far.
Jun 30, 2017 9:24 AM

Oct 2014
That Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records reference ^_^
Jul 11, 2017 4:34 PM
Aug 2010
And finally something worth of Maruto Fumiaki? If the drama is handled as good as he did with WA, this is going to be interesting.
Jul 14, 2017 2:46 AM

Oct 2015
Four words, TOP 10 ANIME BETRAYALS.

Damn Utaha & Eriri, u traitors. They both obviously will return to Tomoya circle, but this is just bullshit. I get it Tomoya is too soft, so it's best to switch to a more professional company, where they can improve their skills. But not telling to Tomoya beforehand and leave the circle, when he just about to make a second project? That's just bullshit, without Tomoya, they won't be this successful, especially Eriri. Megumi will be so pissed if she found about this. If I were Tomoya, I will not accept Utaha & Eriri back to the circle even if they are begging or good at their respective skills. Tomoya & Kato are better on their own, they can easily find a replacement, even if they aren't as good as Utaha & Eriri. This reminds me of Smoke & Ryder's betrayal
Maruko-sanJul 16, 2017 10:28 AM
Jul 14, 2017 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
Okay first of all, the way Eriri's scream was abruptly cut off by the ED was executed horribly. It gave that last scene a comedic effect, and I don't think that's what they were going for.

Secondly, if Eriri's art is so easy to imitate, then why go through all of the trouble of hiring her in the first place? Name recognition, maybe? But a doujin artist can't attract that much attention. I mean, despite her popularity in the h-doujin community, that's still only a niche market, especially compared to a 20-year old fantasy RPG franchise.

Lastly, if I was Tomoya, I would just say, "Fine, I'll push you as hard as you want. I'm making this project with or without you, and any work I can get out of you will be appreciated. But if you work only for Blessing Software, I will expect you to bust your ass off!" Or something along those lines. Utaha's reasoning of "You don't push me hard enough" is retarded to begin with, but since Tomoya really needs her and Eriri, he's gotta go along with it but he doesn't need to abandon his compassionate stance as a producer.
Jul 23, 2017 11:19 AM

Feb 2013
"No" based only on the fact that the lady is a bitch.

No Megumi this episode :(
Jul 24, 2017 10:36 AM
Feb 2011
Man looks like author is trying really hard to push Megumi in the main heroin role even though many people find the other girls more appealing. So hard that he lets the other girls who loved him 5 minutes ago to death behave in a totally illogical and stupid manner so every body starts to hate them.
Sep 23, 2017 12:55 PM

Sep 2014
As some people already stated, how could anyone want to work for a person like Akane? I understand that Eriri and Utaha want someone who pushes their limits and helps them working at a great level, but Akane is downright evil! She's a manipulative bitch who fell in love with the team's game and wants to squeeze all that talent just for herself and her professional success! That's not how a true leader should be.
The drama felt a bit over the top, to be honest. It's hard to believe that the girls accepted such a project. I hope they'll keep working with Tomoya and Katou (and Michiru), which would mean that is just the crisis previous to the climax and good ending.
Sep 29, 2017 4:08 PM

Jul 2014
I love the part of this anime that's about Katou and Aki, I'd love it to be slice of life/romance about theri relationship but the rest is just plain stupid, well, most of it
Onii-nyanSep 29, 2017 5:26 PM
Oct 2, 2017 9:18 AM

Apr 2011
I guess this is what my friend told me Utaha and Erriri betraying Tomoya.
Oct 18, 2017 9:59 AM

Oct 2013
wow so believable two high school students scouted by a big company *rolls eyes out of skull*...
Oct 25, 2017 11:58 AM

Jul 2017
If I was Tomoya I would fkcg hate that bitch and send her to warmer country...
Oct 26, 2017 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
LOL thought I was watching a different anime for a sec there.
Oct 27, 2017 3:18 AM

Sep 2012
Leo_10 said:
Some drama with Akane but that scream from Eriri though.

Eriri and Utaha have a complicated relationship but it's good to know that they care for each other.

Tomoyo is so clueless and selfish. He Probably doesn't realise it.

That Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records reference.

No Katou :(

clueless yes selfish no!!! he is always think about them all & trying hes best for all of them sins when is that selfish (its ur problem if u don't get it, if ur misunderstanding stuff), like was said above not hes fault they mixed work & personal feelings & also above was said why he chose them, not cause of selfish reasons, u are as blind as some others here
Sugram22Oct 27, 2017 3:32 AM
Oct 27, 2017 3:26 AM

Sep 2012
LhasAps said:
As some people already stated, how could anyone want to work for a person like Akane? I understand that Eriri and Utaha want someone who pushes their limits and helps them working at a great level, but Akane is downright evil! She's a manipulative bitch who fell in love with the team's game and wants to squeeze all that talent just for herself and her professional success! That's not how a true leader should be.
The drama felt a bit over the top, to be honest. It's hard to believe that the girls accepted such a project. I hope they'll keep working with Tomoya and Katou (and Michiru), which would mean that is just the crisis previous to the climax and good ending.

yep even i wouldn't want to work for her just cause she is yelling like crazy that's enough to turn me away + the other things u mentioned

i hope she will work them like slaves (if u know what i mean) so they would regret accepting her job cause its so unpleasant working for her that it drives them to quit working there
Oct 27, 2017 3:49 AM

Sep 2012
good job girls u made the way clear for Megumi & ruin ur chances with him for good even if he forgives u2 ur ship has sailed
Nov 19, 2017 9:01 AM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Pretty interesting episode, up to the last two.
Jan 20, 2018 6:15 AM

May 2015
AKi getting rekt is so satisfying.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 16, 2018 1:08 AM

Aug 2017
antonn said:
Despair, so delicious. 10/10 if this series ends with Tomoya killing himself after everyone ditches him.
haha! Tomoya should have wifed them up or impregnated them when he had the chance. Too late now!
Apr 11, 2018 5:16 PM

Sep 2016
lol people should have expected some drama coming since its the same author as White Album 2. smh
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 19, 2018 5:21 AM

Dec 2015
So much potential for the next two episodes!! The announcement at the cafe hit me surprisingly hard. I may not be as angry as I should be, but don't tell me Tomoya is going to act like nothing happened and be all fine and dandy with Utaha and Eri. Show me something Tomoya!! My final score most definitely will depend on how this will be handled.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 5, 2019 1:06 PM

Apr 2013
I already disliked that Akane chick when she was the driver for Tomoya, she just stole his illustrator because she saw those pictures that night. Who would want to work for a psychopath like that? Live for a game? Yeah right, that's stupid.
Jul 2, 2019 7:32 AM

Jun 2017
Poor Tomoya, not knowing what was happening until it was too late.

One thing I don't agree with is what Utaha said. Hell, I know artists and/or creators needs to be pushed past their limits and well away from their comfort zones but putting yourself through hell is not the solution, not even near it. Who the hell would want to work for a person like that, not being a moralfag here or anything, just being a realist.

-Stray said:
That shit with the *we need someone to push us to hell* only works in fiction, only a fucking masochist would want to work for someone like that, theres a reason why suicide is a big deal in Japan, besides the low salary and tax this is one of them, a hell workshop.

This is exactly my point, and I do think that it is still prevalent in Japan, the bad work habit people put themselves in.
I read an article about a manga artist who collapsed during the release of one of his works, but then it was too late to revive him or bring him to a hospital, that is why I don't think that compromising your health badly in order to progress is the solution.

“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 7, 2020 4:31 PM

Jul 2013
And then Tomoya would act up if Erin rejected the offer.
Feb 16, 2020 10:05 PM

Feb 2019
Hmm... it's the 9th episode, not sure how this is going to end. Feels tense.
Jun 3, 2020 9:01 AM
Jun 2015
Akane what a bitch
Oct 15, 2020 1:55 AM

Aug 2017
That was an intense episode.
All the development took place without the Aki knowing any of it. He's in a pinch now!

I really didn't expect Eriri to leave Aki's side ever but damn!!

I wonder what he'll do now!?

Jan 16, 2021 8:17 AM

Jul 2017
This is Oregairu Season 3 drama levels, but much worse. I completely can understand Utaha and Eriri wanting to work on Fields Chronicle since even though they love Tomoya and are a part of Blessing Software, they have to take the best opportunity that they can to creatively push themselves as much as possible to continue to grow. With Tomoya, the proposal he made was fine but its just too safe and doesn't really motivate Eriri to outgrow her slump to do her best as much as working on a big project like Fields Chronicle and even more goes for Utaha's writing capabilities, although Tomoya would only be asking for a small role from her and not writing most of it. But man Akane at the end and just... everything about the end was a complete shitshow lmao. There's a difference between someone who creatively pushes you and is unafraid to tell you what to correct to improve, but its another thing to work with someone as deluded as that to the game's dedication. It was written and paced so comically too with how over the top everything was, this was so bad.
Jan 31, 2021 10:55 AM

May 2019
Wth was that screaming at the end like that. Surprisingly a villain introduced from that character is quite something. Suddenly scare them with the proposal.

Jul 8, 2021 1:36 PM
Apr 2019
Holy shit what an amazing episode !! Finally Saekano is coming out of their tropey meta humour, it's becoming more human... I suppose a Shaft director was behind this ep right ?

Anyway best ep so far in the series, Ive heard praise about 10th ep from sakuganerds so lets see....
Jul 19, 2021 1:04 AM

Jul 2015
I honestly believe its a huge chance to grow their career and also their skills by working on this huge project with one of the most famous people in the industry (although Akane appears to be quite the wacko) instead of staying with the small circle Blessing Software. Especially for Eriri as her art is still on the level, as mentioned by Akane, that others can easily imitate it.

Jul 26, 2021 3:29 AM
Oct 2020
Eriri: "We haven't said a word about participating—"

🎵🎶

Directed by ROBERT B. WEIDE
centcom08Jul 26, 2021 3:32 AM
Jul 27, 2021 12:35 PM

Aug 2018
"Didn't push way too hard." seriously what the fuck man, no wonder Japan are so keen with overwork. Oh yeah instead of telling Tomoya and others they just went "fuck you all lmao", pretty professional move AMIRITE
Aug 10, 2021 8:23 AM

Jun 2020
That was a very hard and strong start with Utaha bring some very vague news that they will not help with Tomoya this time around

A flashback a month earlier before they signed up for this they were very close from before but currently they didn't know what step to head for the next project that they'll be making

They were really challenged by this mysterious creator and they do seem up for the challenge but not quite interested but I guess they'll go along with this circle instead, I wonder how they'll end this season with 2 episodes left leaving from this intense recruitment scene.
Dec 29, 2021 4:19 AM

Nov 2010
I'm curious to see what move Tomoya will make to take Eriri and Utaha back.
Jan 19, 2022 4:29 PM

Jul 2010
People are complaining like these two should forever be trapped with some indie game developer with no real money or fame involved... just because they secretly hope one day he'll notice and return their feelings.

It's a grown-up life. These two are professionals, unlike mc. They receive once-in-a-lifetime offer, and this work, which is MORE interesting than what Tomoya suggests, actually challenges them as creative persons. Is that really "a betrayal"?... We are talking about school projects here. It's not like... they were dating, some poly-amory relationship, and then these two found guy who is more wealthy, confident and attractive. It's not like their stole his game idea and sold it somewhere else. Maybe they promised him to work together again only to break his heart later? Nope. He didn't even tell him he works on another game. You guys seriously need to chill

Would I take that offer? Probably not. Not from a bitch who calls me a trash and manipulates me into doing that. I'll better die hungry and poor, that sign a deal with the devil. But that's just me.

Can I blame THEM? Absolutely not.
Feb 1, 2022 8:22 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I dont care how Eriri was feeling, this feels like BULLSHIT, what a fucked up excuse, and after the last episode this even HARDER.
Top 10 anime betrayals for sure, I lost a lot of respect for Eriri here, how can she fucking take that bait, and Utaha too, before the meeting both were arguing how badely it would be for Aki to lose either of them... and they fucking betrayed that just because this bitch baited blondy.

Now I understand why she has so few favorites here, this is unforgiveable in a way, I feel for Aki, he got COCKED. HARD. WTF.

MomoSinX said:
So after witnessing this psychological NTR I am here to share my opinion lol.

I equally liked all 3 girls but now I am only siding with Kato.

Real friends don't pull shit like this.

Just what did Utaha and Eriri expect on the creative side of things when they only joined to get into Tomoya's pants in the first place? The only one who genuinely wanted to make something was Kato.

Sure, it's a bit ironic that this happens with Tomoya not long after what he pulled during the winter comiket but that wasn't that serious of a matter in the first place. Yes, I do think he was a dick there but at least he learned a lot from it and we saw him reflecting.

And what's with not being able to improve if you are not pushed? What's the point of creating if it's not fun?

This is why many manga gets axed, just to say an example, I feel like that One Piece is doing well because the author can do what he wants, I don't see any influence of the publisher and editors. Bleach on the other hand felt like it wasn't even the authors' work from like the second half altogether and got the axe. Overworking authors is a very bad thing in my opinion and if I was a creator I wouldn't like the pushy approach.

But to be back on topic.

There was also some great irony from Eriri, she was the first one to jump and say that she won't betray Tomoya no matter what and got turned so easily because someone trash talked her... Just wow. She fell for the bait and simply rage accepted that proposal imo. Good job on nullifying all your progress with the MC there! Now it became pointless that he busted his ass to your place abandoning everyone in the process when you were sick.

Utaha, what the fuck? I thought she was the most loyal out of everyone but I was wrong apparently. I can't even understand why she went with the whole thing, she never looked like someone who needed hardcore pushing but now she suddenly needs it and ditched Tomoya for it. Didn't she like working with him in the first place because he was kind? The way I see it she accepted simply because of selfishness.

I can see karma biting them in the ass working with a tyrant like Akane. Heck, I think it will be full cliché mode and they are going to cry themselves back into Tomoya's circle lol.

If I were Tomoya, I wouldn never be able to forgive this. Let's say, I got informed about it in time and talked things out I might not even be that upset and could still see the friendships going.

Now the only thing I am eagerly waiting is Kato's reaction to this, it has to be priceless. She has no particular talents going for her but at least she is truly loyal.

Agree with you throught out, FUCK THIS.

TrumpMD said:
antonn said:
Despair, so delicious. 10/10 if this series ends with Tomoya killing himself after everyone ditches him.
haha! Tomoya should have wifed them up or impregnated them when he had the chance. Too late now!

An actual solution, if only he had done this sooner, bitch got to them first.
PlaycoolFeb 1, 2022 8:26 PM
Feb 2, 2022 11:44 AM

Aug 2017
Playcool said:
TrumpMD said:

Guys have a finite window to impregnate girls before the girls bolt

Watched the movie for this about a week ago. I won't say anything about it here.
Feb 2, 2022 12:54 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
TrumpMD said:
Playcool said:

Guys have a finite window to impregnate girls before the girls bolt

Watched the movie for this about a week ago. I won't say anything about it here.

I m definitely hoping to see some sweet justice delivered in the movie myself.
May 15, 2022 12:27 PM

Nov 2019
Why don't Eriri and Utaha work on Tomoya's and Akane's projects simultaneously? Utaha feels like she can't become better if she isn't working till she drops. This is a perfect opportunity for her.

Akane wanted Eriri based on her drawings of a visual novel. The visionary behind this visual novel is none other than Tomoya. He indirectly put them on the map for Akane to find. If Akane can bring out illustrations like Eriri's, why even hire Eriri?

Communication is key. Tomoya not telling Kato about the not finishing the visual novel at Winter Comiket created a problem there. Eriri not telling Tomoya about this future offer leaves him hanging with the new visual novel. They a close circle. Lessons weren't learnt.

By the way, Akane Ga Kill

Dante9231May 15, 2022 1:27 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

100 by EinTheVariance »»
Mar 22, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

181 by RioAl »»
Mar 16, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

277 by toralbabs »»
Jan 27, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

177 by Strikrr »»
Jan 20, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

100 by Strikrr »»
Jan 19, 3:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.