Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2017 6:04 PM
May 2015
QUESTION:

Isn`t Tomoya the reason why Utaha and Eriri become Big??

AFAIK Tomoya was a big shot Blogger right?, and I remember Utaha`s Novel got a large boost in sales after Tomoya featured it.

I kinda hate how they portray Tomoya as a useless and good for nothing but in fact it was partially thanks to him both of them are popular.
Jun 8, 2017 6:05 PM

Apr 2016
Whew. They finally adapted the part of the LN that I hate.
I hate Akane in the LN and the Akane in the anime is much terrible than I expected her to be. I seriously hate her character. Only in anime will happen where you convince people to work for you through insults (I can't even call it harsh criticisms). She can get whatever she wants because she is so-called "great". The appearance won't even help save her bad character. The worst character in the story really. It makes me puke.

So, Tomoya just got his 2 core members in his circle STOLEN! Well played bitch. :/

Only 2 episodes left and I wonder which volume will they end this. Well at least next episode there's something a little bit good that I am expecting to see.
footmasterJun 8, 2017 6:09 PM
Jun 8, 2017 6:09 PM

Sep 2015
BladeMemories said:
IMO. I really hate Eriri to the bones

Remember when they were kids she abandoned tomoya because he`s an otaku and does not want to sacrifice her Social Life?

And Now this for the second time.

Eriri is so much worse than Tomoya, IMO She`s much more selfish and inconsiderate thinking its always about her.

And I agree Only MASOCHIST would want to work with Akane, If you have any self respect as a professional you wont..

I have to agree on Eriri. She doesn't deserve to have a happy ending when she behaves like this. It won't stop.

Glad for the last episode making me see Kato in a new light. I still thought she was boring, not shallow, but boring, but she has a lot of depth to her personality that is just muted.

Utaha though, not sure... I liked her character a lot before this, and I understand her logic at least. To me it's separate from Eriri, Utaha's honest with herself and why she worked with Tomoya. If she doesn't see it going anywhere then she should take the better project, but doing it like this stings.

I don't hate this direction at all. My only concern is I don't know when this will get resolved and when I may see it animated.
Jun 8, 2017 6:16 PM

Jan 2013
This is why an episode without Kato isnt just good. Jesus she can just appear even for just 5 seconds and all this drama would've been bearable to watch.
Jun 8, 2017 6:48 PM

Aug 2015
Never would've thought Ayano would become a bitch manga artist.

On the other hand, Eriri and Utaha don't need to ditch Tomoya at all(I hope that will be the case on the remaining episodes) I think Tomoya can push the two to their limits without being treated a robot if ever they end up working with Maruzu. At this point I'm starting to think that Tomoya is the worst harem protagonist I've seen.

Just realized this now, WHERE THE HELL IS MICHIRU?!
Jun 8, 2017 6:48 PM

Oct 2012
Serves him right, I say. It was really pleasure for me to watch him suffer, and that really says about his quality as main protagonist.

Utaha shined this time, every one of her words were on spot. And when being offered a dreamjob, there is really saying no, if only for getting more experience. Let's face it, Tomoya really sucked as director and I would rather watched where Utaha and Eriri can go without his meddling. And what's more his indecisiveness is even worse, he knows all of the girls loves him yet he still cannot decide and commit to one of them if for the fear for breaking something precious... but he's hurting them all even more by this behavior. And his arrongance to even ask them to work with him again while effectively offering them nothing in return, only pain.

It's pretty clear why they don't want to suffer with him anymore and why they want to grow instead. And mind me, this is the right choice else they would be regreting that for rest of their lives. The best thing Tomoya could do here is to make the game by himself without being carried by others. And wait for one year till their engagement is over. Sadly, this won't probably happen in the anime.

It's getting bit overdramatic, kinda, but so far I'm willing to accept it if the end is any good. And I do think happy ever-after end won't work here anymore, not in this situation. And the fact there are only two more episodes hints at the continuation in another season.
Jun 8, 2017 7:02 PM

Jan 2016
Well as far as I read this forum discussion I agree with all opinion about this anime turned into a shitty drama.

Didn't like that Akane girl appearance at the end of the series and we knew that there's only 2 episode left. I think this is going to be a rushed series and shitty ending.
Jun 8, 2017 7:18 PM

Jan 2008
Where the hell does Utaha get off telling Tomoya all that after the fact? Apologizes mean jack shit when she never even bothered to talk to him about it until after a whole month, well after she took the job. If Tomoya didn't meet up with her at the gate, I doubt she would have said a single word to him...the fucking bitch. Should have straightforward told him what he needed to know the moment she realized it--at day 1...not sit around her ass hoping Mr. Dense will get her hints she throws around, or figure it out on his own until it's all too late. It's up to team members to support one another, speak out when needed, and not let a single person shoulder everything. Any leader needs to be able to listen to what their team members has to say if they have an objection, or else that may spell ruin for the project if something is deliberately overlooked hoping the team leader would notice it eventually. If the objection gets vetoed, only then can the blame be on placed on the leader if shit hits the fan. Megumi may have forgiven Tomoya for keeping things to himself, but those two made the exact same mistake as Tomoya did, and when she finds out...oh boy. Communication is the heart to any team after all; it can make or break them. In the real world, miscommunication can mean getting shown out the building by security.

When push comes to shove, it's one thing, I get it...but that kind of emotional abuse is what drives people over the edge, broken, even suicidal (with IRL instances to prove it). I'm not saying what Akane said was wrong because it definitely had some merit, but it's the way she said it. I welcome constructive criticism that doesn't pull any punches, but I wouldn't be able to work for someone that insulting, disrespectful, and overall toxic who treats people like trash. I'd straight up tell the bitch to go fuck herself If I were Eriri (especially now when she's not on the payroll yet). I can almost guarantee the bitch is running a black company. As an employer, I'd fire that woman the instant I found out her abusive practices, no matter how good she is or how much money she brings in; I want a team player, not a nutjob drunk on her own talents, power-tripping. I'd hate to be married to that mess.

Also, that thing about her work being easily copied. It just doesn't add up. If Akane can easily copy her level of work...here's an idea: hire the more talented person who drew the copies or do it goddamn yourself. And no fucking shit it was "easy" to copy, anybody can copy (tracing excluded) with a sufficient amount of artistic skill, because they have a frame of reference to look at, right in front of them to work off of. In fact, that's standard practice required for many artists in the industry because they can't have only one person doing all the illustrations all the time (excluding small studios)...if they did, anime studios would never be able to release consistently weekly episodes, and there wouldn't be any point to having giant companies with hundreds of artists; many of whom have to pick up after another where the previous one left off. That shouldn't be enough call Eriri's work "terrible" or whatever Akane called it. Hell, even pixiv artists that do fanart as a hobby can copy an original so well to the point you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't official art--it's worthy of praise, but nothing unusual.

At this point in time, Tomoya is too weak-willed and needs to step up his game, and that Akane bitch is too full of herself that needs to be knocked down a few pegs. Eriri knew Tomoya was going to make a new game, but the bitch gave him the shaft and took a job without telling him because another bitch baited her into it, backstabbing Tomoya. Utaha is full of shit, saying she wanted to work with Eriri again, when she knew damn well Akane didn't care about her. Megumi is out of the loop, the only person left worth rooting for. And everybody has forgotten about Michiru.

Nigami_Shin said:
i really hate it when they force drama like that.

also it seems like the writer from Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata doesn't know anything about how creatives are handled or creativity in general. usually you give them as much free space as possible - every big corporation does it.

I agree. Also wouldn't make sense to treat your money maker, the MVP, the backbone of the project like some kind of pack mule. Akane implied that she didn't mind whether or not Eriri was on board when she showed her work could be imitated. It's like if a company tried telling the original mangaka illustrator that the anime they're adapting was good without their input/supervision, all while berating them, saying they're unneeded now that they already hold the license to adapt their work from the publisher. That just wouldn't make sense.
Estoy_GordoJun 8, 2017 7:34 PM
Jun 8, 2017 7:28 PM
May 2015
4kicks said:
Where the hell does Utaha get off telling Tomoya all that after the fact? Apologizes mean jack shit when she never even bothered to talk to him about it until after a whole month, well after she took the job. If Tomoya didn't meet up with her at the gate, I doubt she would have said a single word to him...the fucking bitch. Should have straightforward told him what he needed to know the moment she realized it--at day 1...not sit around her ass hoping Mr. Dense will get her hints she throws around, or figure it out on his own until it's all too late. It's up to team members to support one another, speak out when needed, and not let a single person shoulder everything. Any leader needs to be able to listen to what their team members has to say if they have an objection, or else that may spell ruin for the project if something is deliberately overlooked hoping the team leader would notice it eventually. If the objection gets vetoed, only then can the blame be on placed on the leader if shit hits the fan. Megumi may have forgiven Tomoya for keeping things to himself, but those two made the exact same mistake as Tomoya did, and when she finds out...oh boy. Communication is the heart to any team after all; it can make or break them. In the real world, miscommunication can mean getting shown out the building by security.

When push comes to shove, it's one thing, I get it...but that kind of emotional abuse is what drives people over the edge, broken, even suicidal (with IRL instances to prove it). I'm not saying what Akane said was wrong because it definitely had some merit, but it's the way she said it. I welcome constructive criticism that doesn't pull any punches, but I wouldn't be able to work for someone that insulting, disrespectful, and overall toxic who treats people like trash. I'd straight up tell the bitch to go fuck herself If I were Eriri (especially now when she's not on the payroll yet). I can almost guarantee the bitch is running a black company. As an employer, I'd fire that woman the instant I found out her abusive practices, no matter how good she is or how much money she brings in; I want a team player, not a nutjob drunk on her own talents, power-tripping. I'd hate to be married to that mess.

Also, that thing about her work being easily copied. It just doesn't add up. If Akane can easily copy her level of work...here's an idea: hire the more talented person who drew the copies or do it goddamn yourself. And no fucking shit it was "easy" to copy, anybody can copy (tracing excluded) with a sufficient amount of artistic skill, because they have a frame of reference to look at, right in front of them to work off of. In fact, that's standard practice required for many artists in the industry because they can't have only one person doing all the illustrations all the time (excluding small studios)...if they did, anime studios would never be able to release consistently weekly episodes, and there wouldn't be any point to having giant companies with hundreds of artists; many of whom have to pick up after another where the previous one left off. That shouldn't be enough call Eriri's work "terrible" or whatever Akane called it. Hell, even pixiv artists that do fanart as a hobby can copy an original so well to the point you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't official art--it's worthy of praise, but nothing unusual.

At this point in time, Tomoya is too weak-willed and needs to step up his game, and that Akane bitch is too full of herself that needs to be knocked down a few pegs. Eriri knew Tomoya was going to make a new game, but the bitch gave him the shaft and took a job without telling him because another bitch baited her into it, backstabbing Tomoya. Utaha is full of shit, saying she wanted to work with Eriri again, when she knew damn well Akane didn't care about her. Megumi is out of the loop, the only person left worth rooting for. And everybody has forgotten about Michiru.

This is actually some next level meta, where the author is trying to show the current state of artist in japan overworked to the point of getting suicidal and possibly the Japanese work culture as a whole. lmao
Jun 8, 2017 7:46 PM

Nov 2011
That Bitch Akane is the Devil! Good Lord is she evil.

When Utaha gave Tomoya that unfortunate news...like it hit me pretty hard...that was brutal to watch.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 8, 2017 7:48 PM

Nov 2011
4kicks said:

Nigami_Shin said:
i really hate it when they force drama like that.

also it seems like the writer from Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata doesn't know anything about how creatives are handled or creativity in general. usually you give them as much free space as possible - every big corporation does it.

I agree. Also wouldn't make sense to treat your money maker, the MVP, the backbone of the project like some kind of pack mule. Akane implied that she didn't mind whether or not Eriri was on board when she showed her work could be imitated. It's like if a company tried telling the original mangaka illustrator that the anime they're adapting was good without their input/supervision, all while berating them, saying they're unneeded now that they already hold the license to adapt their work from the publisher. That just wouldn't make sense.

That's and MVP level post. I agree 100% with everything you said. Both of them actually should have came to Tomoya immediately and said "Sorry, we're done."
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 8, 2017 8:26 PM

Aug 2011
RyouHayato said:
Well as far as I read this forum discussion I agree with all opinion about this anime turned into a shitty drama.

Didn't like that Akane girl appearance at the end of the series and we knew that there's only 2 episode left. I think this is going to be a rushed series and shitty ending.

I don't think so. We might get a chance for season 2. 4-5 volume need to cover for final volume. Probably we end with cliffhanger
Jun 8, 2017 9:28 PM

Jul 2015
Mich666 said:
Serves him right, I say. It was really pleasure for me to watch him suffer, and that really says about his quality as main protagonist.

Utaha shined this time, every one of her words were on spot. And when being offered a dreamjob, there is really saying no, if only for getting more experience. Let's face it, Tomoya really sucked as director and I would rather watched where Utaha and Eriri can go without his meddling. And what's more his indecisiveness is even worse, he knows all of the girls loves him yet he still cannot decide and commit to one of them if for the fear for breaking something precious... but he's hurting them all even more by this behavior. And his arrongance to even ask them to work with him again while effectively offering them nothing in return, only pain.

It's pretty clear why they don't want to suffer with him anymore and why they want to grow instead. And mind me, this is the right choice else they would be regreting that for rest of their lives. The best thing Tomoya could do here is to make the game by himself without being carried by others. And wait for one year till their engagement is over. Sadly, this won't probably happen in the anime.

It's getting bit overdramatic, kinda, but so far I'm willing to accept it if the end is any good. And I do think happy ever-after end won't work here anymore, not in this situation. And the fact there are only two more episodes hints at the continuation in another season.

Oddly enough, I would agree to this if it wasn't for one simple fact: the anime seems to be catering to the fact that Utaha and Eriri's main point of motivation is to have someone kick them in the ass instead of finding their own self-motivation, something that Akane does very well and Aki doesn't. The sad thing is, that method can only work for so long, and it's usually a last resort when the creator's hit rock bottom. If you find yourself needing that kind of motivation to do your best all the time, then you'd become totally lost when someone gives you free reign to do whatever you please, hence why Eriri is in her current slump. She became too dependant on someone to push her instead of finding her own motivation, which asks the question "Why does she draw?" Utaha is somewhat in the same boat, only going along with the offer because Eriri did as the major reason.

In that kind of context, Aki isn't exactly a bad director. He's just not the kind of person to use that last resort method, and would rather have them use their own love for the art to push themselves higher (aka they think they can do better than what they previously done, which is common for a lot of creators to say to themselves after a completed project). What's bad is the girls' motivations to get better by having someone constantly push them and not find the self-motivation to better themselves.

The first point when Utaha told Aki exactly what he needed to do and why they left was spot on, but they took a month to even say remotely anything to him, and it was when he put his proposal out, and Eriri even knew that he had something planned beforehand. The issue here is that they didn't tell him about anything...and remember that Katou said that they shouldn't keep secrets from each other last episode...

NudeBear said:
This show works best as a cute, light-hearted comedy between katou and tomoya. The rest is fine (the harem) but what really drags it down is this nonsensical, overbearing drama. These girls were professionals long before they started working with Tomoya and Tomoya refused to give them any news/proposals for months, so they went ahead and found other proposals. This isn't backstabbing or betrayal, it's real life and he could always ask for their partnership again sometime in the near future. The problems in this show aren't really a big deal as they make it out to be.

The ony backstabbing part is that they didn't say anything to him for a month about it, which isn't exactly very professional. It would be fine if they told him about it when they found out, so they could have a discussion about it, and that way he wouldn't overreact about it and even encourage them to go ahead with it while he says his farewells.

Sadly, the communication between them is hella lost, and let's not forget what Katou said about keeping secrets last episode...
𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. 𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Jun 8, 2017 9:35 PM
Jun 2017
It's really sad that katou doesn't have appearance anymore in this ep :(
Jun 8, 2017 9:36 PM
Jun 2016
XaneKudo said:
Mich666 said:

Oddly enough, I would agree to this if it wasn't for one simple fact: the anime seems to be catering to the fact that Utaha and Eriri's main point of motivation is to have someone kick them in the ass instead of finding their own self-motivation, something that Akane does very well and Aki doesn't. The sad thing is, that method can only work for so long, and it's usually a last resort when the creator's hit rock bottom. If you find yourself needing that kind of motivation to do your best all the time, then you'd become totally lost when someone gives you free reign to do whatever you please, hence why Eriri is in her current slump. She became too dependant on someone to push her instead of finding her own motivation, which asks the question "Why does she draw?" Utaha is somewhat in the same boat, only going along with the offer because Eriri did as the major reason.

In that kind of context, Aki isn't exactly a bad director. He's just not the kind of person to use that last resort method, and would rather have them use their own love for the art to push themselves higher (aka they think they can do better than what they previously done, which is common for a lot of creators to say to themselves after a completed project). What's bad is the girls' motivations to get better by having someone constantly push them and not find the self-motivation to better themselves.

The first point when Utaha told Aki exactly what he needed to do and why they left was spot on, but they took a month to even say remotely anything to him, and it was when he put his proposal out, and Eriri even knew that he had something planned beforehand. The issue here is that they didn't tell him about anything...and remember that Katou said that they shouldn't keep secrets from each other last episode...

NudeBear said:
This show works best as a cute, light-hearted comedy between katou and tomoya. The rest is fine (the harem) but what really drags it down is this nonsensical, overbearing drama. These girls were professionals long before they started working with Tomoya and Tomoya refused to give them any news/proposals for months, so they went ahead and found other proposals. This isn't backstabbing or betrayal, it's real life and he could always ask for their partnership again sometime in the near future. The problems in this show aren't really a big deal as they make it out to be.

The ony backstabbing part is that they didn't say anything to him for a month about it, which isn't exactly very professional. It would be fine if they told him about it when they found out, so they could have a discussion about it, and that way he wouldn't overreact about it and even encourage them to go ahead with it while he says his farewells.

Sadly, the communication between them is hella lost, and let's not forget what Katou said about keeping secrets last episode...

Totally agree with you,

But I think the other factor is that no matter how of an asshole Akane is, the fact is that she`s a famous producer in the industry

She has the resources to bring Utaha and Eriri to the professional arena, though they were already professionals, in the context of Game creation. Aki`s puny Game cant even compete to Akane`s

In short The two girls are seeking both fame and glory, not just artistic value,
Jun 8, 2017 9:45 PM

Jul 2015
Lyulka said:
XaneKudo said:

Totally agree with you,

But I think the other factor is that no matter how of an asshole Akane is, the fact is that she`s a famous producer in the industry

She has the resources to bring Utaha and Eriri to the professional arena, though they were already professionals, in the context of Game creation. Aki`s puny Game cant even compete to Akane`s

In short The two girls are seeking both fame and glory, not just artistic value,

Yeah, I don't blame them for taking the bigger offer. Like I said, the least they could've done is talk to him about it before just straight accepting it, and he then finds out after a month after the offer.
Jun 8, 2017 9:46 PM

May 2015
My reaction at that reveal....

So, this is what you would have considered a mind-break if this were to be a hentai with the scumbag finally able to separate the heroine(s) from the mc...!? At this point I would like for Tomoya to go and ask Izumi to be her new artist (I know she has obligations with her brother Iori's dōjin circle "Rouge en rouge.") but he needs to grow a backbone... and compete against Akane with all his strength and disadvantage and even if it is a long shot beat her at her game.

On a side note:
Utaha-senpai role reduced to a nanny that has to be an insult to bad she said yes to the proposal and joined Akane team to be able to work with Eriri again...
Jun 8, 2017 9:58 PM
Jun 2016
Roy_Focker said:
My reaction at that reveal....

So, this is what you would have considered a mind-break if this were to be a hentai with the scumbag finally able to separate the heroine(s) from the mc...!? At this point I would like for Tomoya to go and ask Izumi to be her new artist (I know she has obligations with her brother Iori's dōjin circle "Rouge en rouge.") but he needs to grow a backbone... and compete against Akane with all his strength and disadvantage and even if it is a long shot beat her at her game.

On a side note:
Utaha-senpai role reduced to a nanny that has to be an insult to bad she said yes to the proposal and joined Akane team to be able to work with Eriri again...

Yeah that was Im expecting too. BUT!!!

Sorry I cant just prevent myself from saying this cuz the drama is damn hilarious its so bad.

DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW.

Jun 8, 2017 10:04 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode ending way too abruptly but damn this was intense from beginning to end O_O

The rage in this thread is hilarious though....Yeah it was pretty shitty of them to not tell him about things but honestly, given how stupid Tomoya is + the fact that they have their own careers to begin with, can you really get mad at them for working on a project that's THIS big?

I've been watching anime for years so that one girl's over the top dialogue didn't bother me but rather I think a lot of you are missing the point of it all = Basically she's acting like how publishers and editors treat their content creators (Even though it's an extreme exaggeration).....I feel like this woman's over the top moments distracted a lot of you of this fact because be that as it may, Tomoya is still insanely guilty of everything all of these girls have told him

I mean look at Weekly Shounen Jump for example......They demand A LOT from their mangaka and we know this because guys like Kishimoto and Togashi have talked about deadlines etc and its even more evident now with the new mangaka showing up whereas if they aren't working up to what they want them to be, they get axed (Which is why guys like the creator of Hungry Joker had to resort to writing trash like Black Clover)

This is a leading person in the industry giving them a golden opportunity that tons of people would kill for, let's be realistic here people....Jesus this is almost as bad as all the people bitching over Scum's Wish
TokoyaJun 8, 2017 10:15 PM
Jun 8, 2017 10:28 PM

Aug 2011
Who's Michiru?

Also top 10 anime betryals.
Jun 8, 2017 10:58 PM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
This episode ending way too abruptly but damn this was intense from beginning to end O_O

The rage in this thread is hilarious though....Yeah it was pretty shitty of them to not tell him about things but honestly, given how stupid Tomoya is + the fact that they have their own careers to begin with, can you really get mad at them for working on a project that's THIS big?

I've been watching anime for years so that one girl's over the top dialogue didn't bother me but rather I think a lot of you are missing the point of it all = Basically she's acting like how publishers and editors treat their content creators (Even though it's an extreme exaggeration).....I feel like this woman's over the top moments distracted a lot of you of this fact because be that as it may, Tomoya is still insanely guilty of everything all of these girls have told him

I mean look at Weekly Shounen Jump for example......They demand A LOT from their mangaka and we know this because guys like Kishimoto and Togashi have talked about deadlines etc and its even more evident now with the new mangaka showing up whereas if they aren't working up to what they want them to be, they get axed (Which is why guys like the creator of Hungry Joker had to resort to writing trash like Black Clover)

This is a leading person in the industry giving them a golden opportunity that tons of people would kill for, let's be realistic here people....Jesus this is almost as bad as all the people bitching over Scum's Wish

I agree. If given an oppertunity to better themselves, why not take it? Still, I don't think he's that dumb. Insensitive, but definitely not dumb. The only thing I can try to argue here is that their reasons as to why they need to get better are not the best ones, and the anime caters to those reasons.

Basically, in any other universe, Tomoya would be a decent director, maybe even good. In this one, he's shown as a poor one since the people who want to work with him need the push motivation instead of the self motivation, which can only work for so long until they need the self motivation, which is something that Eriri needs right now since she's stuck in the push motivation and no one is helping her get to that self motivation.
Jun 8, 2017 11:33 PM
May 2015
XaneKudo said:
Tokoya said:

I agree. If given an oppertunity to better themselves, why not take it? Still, I don't think he's that dumb. Insensitive, but definitely not dumb. The only thing I can try to argue here is that their reasons as to why they need to get better are not the best ones, and the anime caters to those reasons.

Basically, in any other universe, Tomoya would be a decent director, maybe even good. In this one, he's shown as a poor one since the people who want to work with him need the push motivation instead of the self motivation, which can only work for so long until they need the self motivation, which is something that Eriri needs right now since she's stuck in the push motivation and no one is helping her get to that self motivation.

You know I find it weird that they are all putting the blame to Tomoya for their current state,

Hell, I will even dare to say Tomoya was innocent and a good guy, and downright Humble He knows himself that he was just a good for nothing wanna bee creator having the chance to utilize "talented individuals"

And with this he intrusted everything to them, realistically it would be damn awkward for a newbie to give unreasonable work to those who you beg to join you, not to mention in his eyes they are extremely talented, so He`s actually innocent. He knows they are "TALENTED"

which brings me to my next rant

I find it unrealistic for someone who supposedly loved their work and craft not having self motivation and needs to turn to masochism in order for them to push forward.

I mean for Godsake, Here`s someone you have a feeling with trusting your skill and talent, Isn`t that enough self motivation?

My big problem here is the girls are saying they left because Tomoya does not PUSH THEM TO THEIR LIMITS blah blah, BUT in reality it was more because of practicality and career prospect than artistic need bullshit just like the other user said.
Jun 8, 2017 11:43 PM

May 2015
Lyulka said:

Yeah that was Im expecting too. BUT!!!

Sorry I cant just prevent myself from saying this cuz the drama is damn hilarious its so bad.

DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW.

Thanks for putting the spoiler tag and for giving me a chance to decide if I want to be spoiled or not (I can appreciate that)…

The thing I’m mad about it, is not that they accepted a great opportunity for their careers (what kind of person would be mad at that!? [considering how Aki behaves, he would be static if he knew beforehand])... what I am mad for is that they didn’t told a very, very.... very close friend about their decision(s) not because it will affect him directly (business wise) but because it will affect their relationship/friendship. I would interpreted this as I’m not important any more in your life I move on without you (not as a producer/boss) but as a friend who always stood with them in the Good times and in Hardships. In short there are ways people say their goodbyes/part ways, the Mature way or the Spoiled Brat way.
Roy_FockerJun 9, 2017 12:00 AM
Jun 8, 2017 11:46 PM
Feb 2015
Oh lawl, this is amazing. The writers can actually insert netorare elements into something as innocent as novel writing.

On another point, is it so traumatic for Eriri that her work can be imitated by Akane? I mean i certainly can't because I couldn't draw a decent stick figure even if my life depended on it. But people have actually imitated the Mona Lisa for crying out loud. I certainly don't see any credit on Akane for doing something as cheap and easy as that.

And given the fact that Akane belittled both of Eriri and Utaha so much. If they still want to work with her, then this show has officially taken one step away from realistic and into the realm of self-imagine fetish and masochism.

Edit : Saw the spoiler tag, that made it even worse. The writers conjured up so much drama and trauma and then wash it down the toilet with something as cliche and dues ex machina as that. I am done, I am officially done.
Viktor_OtakuJun 9, 2017 12:09 AM
Jun 9, 2017 12:24 AM
May 2016
what i learned from the Light Novel >.>

TamikusJun 9, 2017 12:35 AM
Jun 9, 2017 12:35 AM

Sep 2016
oh man, they cheated on him so bad. It felt like shit
Jun 9, 2017 12:47 AM
Jun 2016
ANYBODY HAS SEEN THE MANGA OR LIGHT NOVEL THAT TELL WHAT HAPPEN NEXT?
SO DAMN CRINGE AND UPSET TO KNOW THE BETRAYAL THINGS
wanna know what will aki do next T.T
Jun 9, 2017 12:59 AM

Aug 2013
Lol, this really is a betrayal I did not expect, I can not see it any other way, the two girls knew the purpose of the protag and even then they abandoned him so things were not going the way they both wanted, that left me With a great anger but I hope to see Tomoya stronger now and with the help of the best girl, Katou of course, overcome the two traitors, this seemed quite forced, show the girls as villains after showing a great development with Katou, but it's great see the drama taking over the plot ..
Jun 9, 2017 1:09 AM

Sep 2016
MAL should add a netorare tag to this show. Holly molly
Jun 9, 2017 1:13 AM

Jul 2014
Well, they just abandoned him for a better deal with Akane Kosaka. Understandable I suppose, but it definitely felt like a massive betrayal, even if its impact was massively dulled by jumping into the flashback after the dramatic reveal of the betrayal; seriously, I would have preferred if the information wasn't withheld from us, as all the impact from that reveal was completely lost by the flashback. Still, it's pretty harsh how they just pretended to still be with him for a while before Utaha has to drop the bombshell on him in the cafe. I didn't really care about Utaha or Eriri either way, but I think I've turned to strongly disliking them at the very least now.

Also, am I actually supposed to take Akane seriously in any way? Her laugh is just so stereotypically evil that it's almost laughable how little effort they put into making her realistic in any way; it's blatantly obvious we're meant to hate her right from the start, but I can't even do that because her shtick is so cliche and lazy at this point that I don't even care.

Could have been a great episode, but it feels like it was handled exceptionally poorly, and as such was awful instead.

EDIT: Just read a couple of those spoilers further up, and fucking hell it's just gonna get worse and worse. Like, what's gonna happen can at best be described as obnoxiously stupid, but it can sure as hell be described far worse than that. I'm not even remotely looking forward to the last couple of episodes now.
AtavisticJun 9, 2017 1:25 AM
Jun 9, 2017 1:52 AM

Sep 2011
I still can't convince myself that Eriri can be easily convinced to join on Akane's group because of that.

Yes, shitty drama at best. Ah goddamn it makes me remember WA2 Kazusa's TE. Fuck you Fumiaki. I still thank you for making Kato.

Jun 9, 2017 2:13 AM
Jan 2010
Maruto is going all out with this shit!
Meanwhile, I'm gonna sit down and watch the flaming trainwreck unfold.

Jun 9, 2017 2:16 AM

Jun 2013
Wow this episode was straight up trash especially compared to the best episode we got last week
Jun 9, 2017 2:41 AM
May 2016
i can see megumi bringing all of them back together in the next episode, i hope so...
Jun 9, 2017 2:51 AM
Jan 2010
^ It will happen. Megumi ALWAYS does everything right.
Jun 9, 2017 3:03 AM

Jan 2015
Whoops, Aki receive some counter-attack from both of his trusty Staff. But his trusty Staff also met with a formidable foe.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 9, 2017 3:09 AM

Sep 2016
As morbid as this might sound, the way Eriri broke down was done really well. Throughout the episode, we see that Eriri has developed some insecurity regarding herself and her skills cuz of the slump. And Akane verbally attacks Eriri's vulnerability spectacularly. Also, by imitating Eriri's art ( which allowed her to be Tomoya's #1 illustrator), Akane just wrecks Eriri. Oh yus.
JC
Jun 9, 2017 3:44 AM

Dec 2008
I don't know about this. That ending was overblown to the point of absurdity. For years I've been surrounded by many creative people and I can't say I know anyone who would do what Utaha and Eriri did in the way they did it. I understand wanting to push yourself as an artist but I don't believe for a second that they couldn't do that with the group they were already in. Also for them to not mention anything about what they are going to do until Tomoya comes to them with a new proposal (which they apparently knew he wanted to do) is just crazy to me. This is much worse than what Tomoya did to Megumi and I would question whether or not Utaha and Eriri are even worth spending time with.
Jun 9, 2017 3:52 AM

Mar 2009
Boy, what a huge mood whiplash from last week's episode. NTR out of nowhere.
Akane is batshit insane lmao.
Jun 9, 2017 4:35 AM

Sep 2015
Told you guys the previous episode should've been the last episode. At least I don't want to wait a week to see the next story.

Damn I should've waited one or two more week before watching saekano again because this really ruins the mood from the previous episode :(
Jun 9, 2017 4:58 AM

Mar 2013
Damn. I guess this is the first time I felt bad for MC over that
B E T R A Y A L

Utaha is mesmerized with Eri Kashiwagi and will do anything to do work with her. Gotta say, I wasn't really expecting that from her. And from spoilers, for Utaha to become such state is pathetic indeed.

Also,
Eriri: "Shut up, you sneaky long haired witch!"
Utaha: "That's Ms. Kato at this point"

Hahaha lmfao. What a savage she is XD
Jun 9, 2017 5:30 AM

Oct 2012
XaneKudo said:
Mich666 said:

The anime seems to be catering to the fact that Utaha and Eriri's main point of motivation is to have someone kick them in the ass instead of finding their own self-motivation, something that Akane does very well and Aki doesn't. The sad thing is, that method can only work for so long, and it's usually a last resort when the creator's hit rock bottom. If you find yourself needing that kind of motivation to do your best all the time, then you'd become totally lost when someone gives you free reign to do whatever you please, hence why Eriri is in her current slump. She became too dependant on someone to push her instead of finding her own motivation, which asks the question "Why does she draw?" Utaha is somewhat in the same boat, only going along with the offer because Eriri did as the major reason.

As a content creator myself I can say the I'm always giving the best results when I have firm deadline before me and set goals I have to reach in this time. It's how those things usually works and it's nice this anime reflects on that. It's also true to closer the deadline is the mork work gets done as one had to immerse completely into their work. I agree it's not necessarily a pleasant to work this way and when there is deadline after deadline with tons of work one can burn-out pretty fast. But... that's why there are plans and that's why the work should be diveded into small chunks, milestones that would work as partial achievements. Being creative with lots of freedom often leads to setting too many of those goals and one can get easily overwhelmed with nothing being done properly.

If.. and only if he manages to come with some counterargument to Akane's words, if he offers them a freedom of work bounded by a clear vision that allows them to grow and to project themselves into he may yet still have a chance. But their possibilities are certainly limited by now and I don't believe his current dating romance is something to meet those expectations (even though we all know the anime we are all watching right now is the final result of all that). I don't think his attempts to reach the end that satisfies everyone will work now, he clearly needs to choose now, he needs to ditch all of his undecesiveness.

I want to believe they would come with some clever solution to this situation yet at the same time I fear this anime just bends some characters into compliance with whatever motivational naive friendship nonsense he is going to say in anger to show them he can be a demanding direactor too. Other than that, the only solution I see for their problem would be him and Katou also joing Akane's RPG team if Utaha and Eriri would say they won't work for her without them (as it would be a great learning experience for their future dream game which can be one year delayed). But as reality goes I don't see this outcome very probable.

XaneKudo said:

But at that time Katou only meant him and her, not the others. And he took like three months without even talking to her, if they had some trust before it's all gone by now, and mind me those things can heal in time but never completely, the memories always remains. All the secrecy only means they don't really want to work with him again for they only remember their painful experience and don't want necessarily get hurt again (which is kinda human behevior to stay away from such things). And it's obvious you won't enjoy something you have to force to do.
Jun 9, 2017 5:33 AM
Apr 2017
HikaruKaneko said:
I don't know about this. That ending was overblown to the point of absurdity. For years I've been surrounded by many creative people and I can't say I know anyone who would do what Utaha and Eriri did in the way they did it. I understand wanting to push yourself as an artist but I don't believe for a second that they couldn't do that with the group they were already in. Also for them to not mention anything about what they are going to do until Tomoya comes to them with a new proposal (which they apparently knew he wanted to do) is just crazy to me. This is much worse than what Tomoya did to Megumi and I would question whether or not Utaha and Eriri are even worth spending time with.

Agree. This episode is crazy and ruined such a good plot for me. Akane made no sense but the Eriri and Utaha's characters were way out of line. The fact that they both admitted (and even others) that Tomoya helped them both improve greatly should mean something to them. It sounds like drama for the sake of drama and a way to extend the story for no reason. It's not like they don't know about Akane and her abilities. Why was Eriri even so shocked that Akane can copy her art? Like we're talking about someone that's way more experienced and popular. So point being?

The fact that they knew about Rouge en Rouge for years... never tried to join it (unlike the other guy) and wanted to break out doing their own things, e.g. that Utaha wrote her own novels and was never really interested in doing works for others... this section is just way out of line.

Utaha was meant to be an overconfident crazy persona from season 1 to most of season 2. She was the most mature of the group so to speak. For them to give in to Akane was just silly. What happened to all the plot building before were they treated Rogue en Rogue as a competitor!? I wouldn't jump ship in that position.

Last but not least and most importantly they all joined this team because of Tomoya right? So after the whole year where their relationship with Tomoya grows due to the circle now they suddenly leave? What!? It makes no sense. Their motive was to get closer to him.

NudeBear said:

Eriri was famous a long time ago. She could have joined other companies and did other things if she wanted to. Her art was renowned already. Utaha was already selling her books too. They joined Tomoya to hit on him and so this change totally doesn't make sense. They're not even here for the projects so why act like they are now? That's the main problem. It is a betrayal. Rouge en Rouge was Blessing Software's competitor as was hinted for the last few episodes earlier.
remechanJun 9, 2017 5:38 AM
Jun 9, 2017 6:00 AM
May 2016
after that drama i go rewatch new game! i need some moe sugar blob shit
Jun 9, 2017 6:24 AM
May 2017
How Tomoya and everyone feels about Eriri and Utaha

Jun 9, 2017 7:00 AM
May 2013
Kosaka Akane - villain to its finest
reminds me of Betelgeuse

completely understand Akane's point, but the betrayal was a little too out of line
Jun 9, 2017 7:12 AM

Feb 2017
I couldn't bear the drama that was put in. It was shitty. First half is lovey dovey jokes all over MC, but then shits all over MC's face. Betrayal at its finest. Now I'm in doubt of considering this anime has a good story. Thank God for Katou.
Jun 9, 2017 7:38 AM

Jul 2015
Mich666 said:
XaneKudo said:

The anime seems to be catering to the fact that Utaha and Eriri's main point of motivation is to have someone kick them in the ass instead of finding their own self-motivation, something that Akane does very well and Aki doesn't. The sad thing is, that method can only work for so long, and it's usually a last resort when the creator's hit rock bottom. If you find yourself needing that kind of motivation to do your best all the time, then you'd become totally lost when someone gives you free reign to do whatever you please, hence why Eriri is in her current slump. She became too dependant on someone to push her instead of finding her own motivation, which asks the question "Why does she draw?" Utaha is somewhat in the same boat, only going along with the offer because Eriri did as the major reason.

As a content creator myself I can say the I'm always giving the best results when I have firm deadline before me and set goals I have to reach in this time. It's how those things usually works and it's nice this anime reflects on that. It's also true to closer the deadline is the mork work gets done as one had to immerse completely into their work. I agree it's not necessarily a pleasant to work this way and when there is deadline after deadline with tons of work one can burn-out pretty fast. But... that's why there are plans and that's why the work should be diveded into small chunks, milestones that would work as partial achievements. Being creative with lots of freedom often leads to setting too many of those goals and one can get easily overwhelmed with nothing being done properly.

If.. and only if he manages to come with some counterargument to Akane's words, if he offers them a freedom of work bounded by a clear vision that allows them to grow and to project themselves into he may yet still have a chance. But their possibilities are certainly limited by now and I don't believe his current dating romance is something to meet those expectations (even though we all know the anime we are all watching right now is the final result of all that). I don't think his attempts to reach the end that satisfies everyone will work now, he clearly needs to choose now, he needs to ditch all of his undecesiveness.

I want to believe they would come with some clever solution to this situation yet at the same time I fear this anime just bends some characters into compliance with whatever motivational naive friendship nonsense he is going to say in anger to show them he can be a demanding direactor too. Other than that, the only solution I see for their problem would be him and Katou also joing Akane's RPG team if Utaha and Eriri would say they won't work for her without them (as it would be a great learning experience for their future dream game which can be one year delayed). But as reality goes I don't see this outcome very probable.

XaneKudo said:

But at that time Katou only meant him and her, not the others. And he took like three months without even talking to her, if they had some trust before it's all gone by now, and mind me those things can heal in time but never completely, the memories always remains. All the secrecy only means they don't really want to work with him again for they only remember their painful experience and don't want necessarily get hurt again (which is kinda human behevior to stay away from such things). And it's obvious you won't enjoy something you have to force to do.

You aren't wrong, but remember that this is his second project, and Akane's been at it for years. It's a good possibility that she was in the same boat as he was in the beginning, and that she got better overtime, so she knows the ins and outs about how to push their creators in the right direction, so she knew what Utaha and Eriri wanted at the time. I suspect that she also knows that the method they want can only work for so long, hence a certain spoiler on this thread (Thank you, Tamikus).

Still, with that said, I can't see one overactive otaku take on a big-man company with only his love for the art VS years of experience. I don't think he'll join them, but anyone would be pretty sad if your key memebers of your gorup just up and left like that, and you only recieve the news after they accepted the other proposal. Like I said, I can only blame them for not saying anything for a month and wanting a push motivation from a novice producer. I'm a creator myself, so I know what they want, but I also know that eventually, they need to find that passion to work without someone leading them to reach the highest place they can go, otherwise they'll be too dependant on others to get them higher.

As for Katou, I think she values the group as a whole and not just Aki, because otherwise she wouldn't even ask him to ask her to help him with Eriri. It was just that Aki was the one who cornered her and she spilled her pent up feelings towards him. The same tihng would've happened with Utaha and Eriri there, so I don't think she just wants Aki alone. The reason he took two months to try and patch things up with Katou was because he wanted to know exactly why she was pissed at him. He got lucky in that regard, since some people never find out why they piss someone off for years.

If they really didn't want to work with him again, they should've just told him right away instead of keeping it a secret for a month. It's one thing to be mindful about how he would've felt, but anyone can tell you that delaying something like this only gets worse with time.

In short, I don't blame them for taking the offer. Hell, even I would do so. I just thought they would be smarter in telling Aki why they did so and ask themselves the question "Why do they create?"
Jun 9, 2017 8:08 AM

Feb 2008
Aki got rekt, perhaps even more so than Eriri.

Kosaka definitely had a point, though. Cooperating on her project would benefit Eriri and Utaha more than working on a doujinshi game ever could. As creators, that is.
Jun 9, 2017 8:12 AM
Jan 2012
Aki got NTR so hard!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

100 by EinTheVariance »»
Mar 22, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

181 by RioAl »»
Mar 16, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

277 by toralbabs »»
Jan 27, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

177 by Strikrr »»
Jan 20, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

100 by Strikrr »»
Jan 19, 3:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.