Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 8, 2017 8:43 AM
Feb 2017
MiseryKeter said:
Neverendingfear2 said:
that is preety recent if you ask anybody here.
that's the stupidest excuse i've ever heard

Well your complaint was really dumb to begin with but honestly dude 3 weeks is recent what are you saying
Jun 8, 2017 8:46 AM
Aug 2011
Johnnyd3rp said:
There is a rule in the anime medium.

Never watch a LN adaptation if you are not 100% that it's complete.
As long as it has a decent stop point it's fine with me.

Rokku no Yuusha is how you do this horribly on every level.

Konasuba at least does this perfectly fine.
Jun 8, 2017 8:47 AM

Jun 2016
Neverendingfear2 said:
MiseryKeter said:
that's the stupidest excuse i've ever heard

Well your complaint was really dumb to begin with but honestly dude 3 weeks is recent what are you saying
3 weeks i enough for everyone to know about this so your post is pointless
Jun 8, 2017 8:49 AM
Feb 2017
MiseryKeter said:
Neverendingfear2 said:

Well as you see from the replies not many did , so you are just one pointless troll who is being negative and is trying to make a point from nothing. I will just ignore you honestly keep being negative buddy.
Jun 8, 2017 8:51 AM
Feb 2017
MiseryKeter said:
Neverendingfear2 said:

plus i didnt even make this post as news , i just came to talk to the community and thats that. Get outta here
Jun 8, 2017 8:53 AM

Jun 2016
Neverendingfear2 said:
MiseryKeter said:

Well as you see from the replies not many did , so you are just one pointless troll who is being negative and is trying to make a point from nothing. I will just ignore you honestly keep being negative buddy.
looking at the replies you're the only one whining about it :/
Jun 8, 2017 8:54 AM

Jun 2016
Neverendingfear2 said:
MiseryKeter said:
plus i didnt even make this post as news , i just came to talk to the community and thats that. Get outta here
it's old news, what's the point of talking of old news???
Jun 8, 2017 8:58 AM
Feb 2017
MiseryKeter said:
Neverendingfear2 said:

whining huh ? Yea i just see a bunch of people voicing opinions except for 3-4 being mean , youre with them. As i said stop this your point was pointless to begin with and youre being annoying and negative for no reason. Judging from the way you act i guess yoy get that a lot but its fine, act the way you want just dont try to make yourself right by "attempting" to insult the other with false facts. People like that are not cool they are just annoying so please i said before stop.
Jun 8, 2017 8:59 AM
Dec 2016
And this is why i'm reading the Light Novels legally why wait and prey for S3
Jun 8, 2017 9:00 AM
Feb 2017
MiseryKeter said:
Neverendingfear2 said:
it's old news, what's the point of talking of old news???
as i said im not saying this as news learn to understand. Stop being persistent im ignoring you from now on if you cant understand though id like to end this with you understanding
Jun 8, 2017 9:03 AM

Jun 2016
Neverendingfear2 said:
MiseryKeter said:
whining huh ? Yea i just see a bunch of people voicing opinions except for 3-4 being mean , youre with them. As i said stop this your point was pointless to begin with and youre being annoying and negative for no reason. Judging from the way you act i guess yoy get that a lot but its fine, act the way you want just dont try to make yourself right by "attempting" to insult the other with false facts. People like that are not cool they are just annoying so please i said before stop.
is whinig the only thing you can do or what?
Jun 8, 2017 9:11 AM
Feb 2017
MiseryKeter said:
Neverendingfear2 said:
*ignoresssssssssssss lol i love this
Jun 8, 2017 9:12 AM

Jun 2016
Looks like Gintama is gonna be my new main source of comedy
Jun 8, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2016
Neverendingfear2 said:
MiseryKeter said:

loooooooooooooooool
Jun 8, 2017 9:13 AM
Feb 2017
Pyxus said:
is gintama ( the anime) good ? Ive heard some stuff about the new one
Jun 8, 2017 9:15 AM
Feb 2017
MiseryKeter said:
Neverendingfear2 said:

hahahahahhhahahha (that was not bad) anyways honestly im stopping it here have your opinion hope you dont spread hate and i dont mind. Keep being you dude
Jun 8, 2017 9:30 AM

Feb 2016
Ehh if there's no season 3, there's the pantsu game lel
Jun 8, 2017 9:31 AM

Jun 2016
Neverendingfear2 said:
Pyxus said:
Apparently. I have a friend who's watched it and said its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay funnier than KonoSuba (but I refuse to believe it). I plan to catch up (or finish it if the manga has ended) in July with low expectations. I know I shouldn't be too quick to judge but Ive wacthed the first five episodes of Gintama (the first one) and episode five was funny, the other four, not so much
Jun 8, 2017 9:31 AM

Sep 2016
the anime wasn't anything worthful to my experience anyway

worst comedy and too boring.

Jun 8, 2017 9:39 AM
Feb 2017
Pyxus said:
Neverendingfear2 said:
Apparently. I have a friend who's watched it and said its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay funnier than KonoSuba (but I refuse to believe it). I plan to catch up (or finish it if the manga has ended) in July with low expectations. I know I shouldn't be too quick to judge but Ive wacthed the first five episodes of Gintama (the first one) and episode five was funny, the other four, not so much
[quote=Lowy] ive heard the best about the new one guess the first one is not so good , ill give it a try too
Jun 8, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2016
I think this should clear everything up

Jun 8, 2017 10:36 AM

Dec 2015

Illyricus said:
Robiiii said:

I already had depression when right after s2 nothing further was announced

Also heard in interview that he's not working with em (atm)
That third season must be along with the ones of Spice and Wolf and Index, probably.

Yes, its gonna the ranks alongside Half life 3 :)
Jun 8, 2017 11:12 AM

Jun 2008
Omkar_Nagwade said:
I think this should clear everything up

Well, that was indeed informative...

And once again, anime fucks over the fans and it's just one huge commercial to buy shitty light novels...

No thanks.

I'll make sure to fap to Megumin doujins tho....that will be my contribution to KonoSuba.
Jun 8, 2017 12:12 PM
May 2015
GangsterCat said:
it just stopped being funny in season 2

wtf what about me??

I laughed my lungs out. That's not fair to say that
Jun 8, 2017 12:25 PM
Dec 2015
What's with some of these comments? Konosuba was not cancelled (new season wasn't even announced) because DEEN did a bad job. Season 2 was the second highest viewed anime in Japan for the winter season (first was Kemono Friends), and the franchise has been very successful.

I thought season 2 was even funnier than season 1, thanks in large part to the far more expressive animation that allowed for even more doofy expressions and movements. People, please stop taking still frames from the anime and calling it bad animation. Konosuba uses the concept of Squash and Stretch to magnificent comedic effect, and the animation can only be judged in full movement. You'll find plenty those frames in any Ufotable or Kyoani work of you look for them too.
Jun 8, 2017 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
Johnnyd3rp said:

can u name one plz for research purposes
im tired of cliffhangers
Jun 8, 2017 12:59 PM

Aug 2015
jeikobu11 said:
GangsterCat said:

wtf what about me??

Don't worry, because you're using the superior 3.5x speed, the funny moments are also passing at a 3.5x rate so you're spending less time laughing and aren't getting bored as quality.. KonoSuba will be good for you for 3.5 seasons while for the normie 1x watchers got bored of the gags after the 1st season..
Jun 8, 2017 1:01 PM

Aug 2015
Jack_100HP said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

im tired of cliffhangers
OreImo....

After watching the OVAs, I kinda wish that it wasn't a full adaption... ::|
Jun 8, 2017 1:04 PM

Jan 2016
Jack_100HP said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

im tired of cliffhangers

Golden Time
Toradora
Shakugan no Shana (i think it's complete)
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor (I think it's complete, it doesn't end with a cliffhangers anyway)
Katanagatari
Monogatari series (Not complete but Shaft has promised to adapt everything)
Oreimo ( i've never watched it but it has a conclusion from what i heard)
Dirty Pair (There isn't an overarching plot so no cliffhangers)
Johnnyd3rpJun 8, 2017 2:40 PM
Jun 8, 2017 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
jeikobu11 said:
GangsterCat said:

wtf what about me??

Everyone has different sense of humour and comedy is pretty subjective.
Jun 8, 2017 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
@Z-Dante @Johnnyd3rp

thanks guys ill give them a shot once i find some free time

i have seen golden time and toradora they were nice
Jun 8, 2017 1:12 PM
Feb 2017
GamerUnglued said:
What's with some of these comments? Konosuba was not cancelled (new season wasn't even announced) because DEEN did a bad job. Season 2 was the second highest viewed anime in Japan for the winter season (first was Kemono Friends), and the franchise has been very successful.

I thought season 2 was even funnier than season 1, thanks in large part to the far more expressive animation that allowed for even more doofy expressions and movements. People, please stop taking still frames from the anime and calling it bad animation. Konosuba uses the concept of Squash and Stretch to magnificent comedic effect, and the animation can only be judged in full movement. You'll find plenty those frames in any Ufotable or Kyoani work of you look for them too.
season 2 was very funny but people just might have found it inferior to s1 maybe due to the fact that it lacked character development or so. Season 1 really got you invested in the characters relationship and how they "form" the joke. Thats what made season 1 funny, season 2 had a base for the characters relationship from season 1 and focused more on creating funny scenarios with them. Which indeed was at some points hilarious like in the axis cult scenario or the soap scene or countless of others, but the scenes where the character development was built on might seem funnier and more special to others. Thats the explanation id give. I prefered season 1, but thats not to say that i didnt enjoy season 2 equally or even more.
Jun 8, 2017 1:15 PM
Feb 2017
Jack_100HP said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

im tired of cliffhangers

Watch monogatari , its huge and still ongoing. It has green light to adapt everything and it only has owarimonogatari ( which comes out this july) and zokuowarimonogatari which will be out next year left.
Jun 8, 2017 1:16 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Are you implying that a author cutting ties with a studio doesn't mean that he could go to other studios to make it?

Also the 3rd season was never announced so smh @ you OP
Jun 8, 2017 1:24 PM
Feb 2017
AntwanMantilla said:
Are you implying that a author cutting ties with a studio doesn't mean that he could go to other studios to make it?

well if youve read the comments on the second page you wouldve seen that no thats not the case (ive admited that using the phrase "stopped the collaboration" would be more appropriate) but the likelikood of that happening NOW (season3) is very low. As ive said multiple times to other people ill be patient and wait while reading the lns for the time to come. Having said that , to support my earlier statement , think back and tell me a handful of successful anime that have gotten a season after a really long time from taking a break or stopping the collaboration. Theyre not that many, but as i said in many other comments were talking about konosuba one of the top selling lns in japan with a very succesful anime, so i have high hopes and no im not implying anything
Jun 8, 2017 1:24 PM
Feb 2017
AntwanMantilla said:

plus i never said the 3rd season was announced smh i just said that for now it aint happening whats with all these people misinterpreting things and twisting words
Jun 8, 2017 2:39 PM

Oct 2016
Well, that's not as depressing as no log horizon season 3
Jun 8, 2017 2:58 PM
Dec 2015
Neverendingfear2 said:
GamerUnglued said:

season 2 was very funny but people just might have found it inferior to s1 maybe due to the fact that it lacked character development or so. Season 1 really got you invested in the characters relationship and how they "form" the joke. Thats what made season 1 funny, season 2 had a base for the characters relationship from season 1 and focused more on creating funny scenarios with them. Which indeed was at some points hilarious like in the axis cult scenario or the soap scene or countless of others, but the scenes where the character development was built on might seem funnier and more special to others. Thats the explanation id give. I prefered season 1, but thats not to say that i didnt enjoy season 2 equally or even more.
I don't know if I would say season 1 really had character development, but I kind of get what you're saying. Season 1 derived a lot of great moments that brought the characters closer together and made their relationship feel really genuine despite them all being idiots while trying not to be. Season 2 derived its comedy from the characters already being so close to and comfortable with each other that they acted like idiots because they actually are idiots. Season 2 was often funnier to me just because I was so attached to the characters and their odd friendship, and because of the doofy animation style. Both seasons had amazing moments throughout though (all of episode 1, any scene involving the frogs, panty thief, Vanir taking over Darkness, season 2 Darkness in general, "Eris pads her chest," etc), and the difference in quality between them is small for me, with my giving both seasons 8/10.
Jun 8, 2017 4:45 PM
Feb 2017
GamerUnglued said:
Neverendingfear2 said:
I don't know if I would say season 1 really had character development, but I kind of get what you're saying. Season 1 derived a lot of great moments that brought the characters closer together and made their relationship feel really genuine despite them all being idiots while trying not to be. Season 2 derived its comedy from the characters already being so close to and comfortable with each other that they acted like idiots because they actually are idiots. Season 2 was often funnier to me just because I was so attached to the characters and their odd friendship, and because of the doofy animation style. Both seasons had amazing moments throughout though (all of episode 1, any scene involving the frogs, panty thief, Vanir taking over Darkness, season 2 Darkness in general, "Eris pads her chest," etc), and the difference in quality between them is small for me, with my giving both seasons 8/10.
thanks for being a normal understanding anime fan uwu
Jun 8, 2017 4:49 PM
Dec 2015
Neverendingfear2 said:
GamerUnglued said:
thanks for being a normal understanding anime fan uwu
Lol. You're welcome. I know we are a rarity on MAL.
Jun 8, 2017 5:01 PM

Oct 2015
you think you're suffering, try never getting the haruhi suzumiya novels adapted fully and only get a self-indulgent spin-off with an ugly artstyle, a potentially good narrative ruined by an inept writer and a disappointing ending. and that novel series is pretty much complete too.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Jun 8, 2017 7:02 PM
Feb 2017
YayaChibi said:
Well Konosuba did loose it's charm in S2 so I guess it doesn't bother me....lol
It works better in the LN form, though I do like the usage of the OST creating further comedy in the anime, it doesn't hold the same humor as the books...lol idk it's just me i gues...lol
IDK the art in the anime compared to the LN to was trash..lol
lol x5 i love the ln but i still do love the anime, they both share the same comedy just protray it a different way. Theyre unique on their own imo lol. Konosuba all the way
Jun 9, 2017 7:29 AM

Sep 2016
Well, it's always a shame not to get a new season, but Konosuba isn't much of a big loss. Don't make such a world about it, this shit always happens.

Except if Vento Aureo doesn't get an adaptation, then I WILL RIOT
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

Jun 9, 2017 9:02 AM
Feb 2017
Noesnecesario said:
Well, it's always a shame not to get a new season, but Konosuba isn't much of a big loss. Don't make such a world about it, this shit always happens.

Except if Vento Aureo doesn't get an adaptation, then I WILL RIOT
i think it is considering its popularity and how funny it was but whatever opinions
Jun 9, 2017 9:12 AM

Dec 2015
GamerUnglued said:
Konosuba uses the concept of Squash and Stretch to magnificent comedic effect, and the animation can only be judged in full movement. You'll find plenty those frames in any Ufotable or Kyoani work of you look for them too.

Sometimes they make good use of squash and stretch...sometimes.
But a lot of the frames people are pointing out aren't being taken mid animation. The show genuinely has moments were it holds on a characters face that is completely off model for at least 5 seconds.

I mean just look at this.

This shot is not mid animation and it was not intended for comedy.
It was simply holding on a shot for an embarrassing amount of time while a whole 3 characters appear completely off model.
Jun 9, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2014
No more Exxxxxploooooooosion? I was super looking forward to season 3 of Konosuba and SnK. Both my hopes shattered on one day...
Jun 9, 2017 9:38 AM
Dec 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
GamerUnglued said:
Konosuba uses the concept of Squash and Stretch to magnificent comedic effect, and the animation can only be judged in full movement. You'll find plenty those frames in any Ufotable or Kyoani work of you look for them too.

But a lot of the frames people are pointing out aren't being taken mid animation. The show genuinely has moments were it holds on a characters face that is completely off model for at least 5 seconds.

It was simply holding on a shot for an embarrassing amount of time while a whole 3 characters appear completely off model.
You're not wrong with that specific shot, but not only is that not common in Konosuba, but it happens occasionally in basically every anime. That's the only legitimate still image I ever see used to knock Konosuba's animation. People haven't even really found other images outside of being animated, and even if they did, having a few shots like that that last for maybe 5 seconds in a 10 episode anime is nothing. That one shot is not enough to say Konosuba has poor art and animation. Konosuba 2 looks fantastic just about all the time, at least in my opinion.
Jun 9, 2017 9:41 AM

Dec 2015
GamerUnglued said:
Bobby2Hands said:

You're not wrong with that specific shot, but not only is that not common in Konosuba, but it happens occasionally in basically every anime. That's the only legitimate still image I ever see used to knock Konosuba's animation. People haven't even really found other images outside of being animated, and even if they did, having a few shots like that that last for maybe 5 seconds in a 10 episode anime is nothing.

I could find at least 10 similar shots from the first episode alone. I'd go and compile a bunch right now if I actually cared enough to put the effort in.

GamerUnglued said:
Konosuba 2 looks fantastic just about all the time, at least in my opinion.

Well that's fine, everyone likes different things when it comes to animation.
Jun 9, 2017 9:47 AM
Dec 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
GamerUnglued said:
You're not wrong with that specific shot, but not only is that not common in Konosuba, but it happens occasionally in basically every anime. That's the only legitimate still image I ever see used to knock Konosuba's animation. People haven't even really found other images outside of being animated, and even if they did, having a few shots like that that last for maybe 5 seconds in a 10 episode anime is nothing.

I could find at least 10 similar shots from the first episode alone. I'd go and compile a bunch right now if I actually cared enough to put the effort in.

GamerUnglued said:
Konosuba 2 looks fantastic just about all the time, at least in my opinion.

Well that's fine, everyone likes different things when it comes to animation.
I'd be curious to see more of those shots actually. I've seen the one you showed me plenty of times, but that's the only one I've seen that doesn't involve the exaggerated motion or facial work that makes up the vast majority of the series. It won't change my mind, since I can easily overlook stuff like that because of how the exaggeration is used in the parts that matter more, but it might at least change my perspective on others opinions more.
Jun 9, 2017 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
If any of this is true, then I'm not exactly crying about it, although it is mildly disappointing since I thought season 2 was far superior to season 1 (assuming the quality would have continued going uphill).
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

340 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 22, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

233 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 17, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

223 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

171 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

188 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 7:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.