Forum Settings
Forums

Why so sensitive to how people react to yaoi/yuri?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 25, 2018 8:04 AM

Dec 2016
HeroicIdealism said:
No thanks, I don't want a cookie.
Okay.

HeroicIdealism said:
That's understandable. Although dominant personality types aren't a bad thing. And this doesn't even have to do with BDSM.
Didn't say it was a bad thing. What I'm saying is consent is important. But if someone DO have a kink to inflict pain on others or to hurt someone or if the other person has a kink to be humiliated or receive pain, BDSM is a suitable medium to be introduced to them coz at least it requires consent, trust, and safewords.

HeroicIdealism said:
Well, no, I'm fine, but thanks.
Okay.

HeroicIdealism said:
It's not that I don't care - it's the opposite, actually. I want to get people to react, and maybe that'll lead them to think. And maybe that'll get them to change their minds, somehow. It's unlikely, but I don't think a passive "Personally, I don't like yaoi, but it's okay if you do!" will ever, ever get anyone to think about why perhaps homosexual advocacy is not desirable. I am against promiscuity and kinks in general, and that very often includes homosexuality.
When it comes to gay love, as in, pure, genuine same-sex love... I don't understand why they can't just be BFFs and instead have to kiss and buttfuck. This is why I am in opposition to even non-yaoi gay series. But I am not advocating to censor it. I just don't think I'll ever like it.
Okay.
Neolavender123Nov 25, 2018 8:13 AM
Nov 25, 2018 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
Neolavender123 said:
HeroicIdealism said:
No thanks, I don't want a cookie.
Okay.

Okay.

HeroicIdealism said:
That's understandable. Although dominant personality types aren't a bad thing. And this doesn't even have to do with BDSM.
Didn't say it was a bad thing. What I'm saying is consent is important. But if someone DO have a kink to inflict pain on others or to hurt someone or if the other person has a kink to be humiliated or receive pain, BDSM is a suitable medium to be introduced to them coz at least they require consent, trust, and safewords.

Okay.

HeroicIdealism said:
Well, no, I'm fine, but thanks.
Okay.

Okay.

HeroicIdealism said:
It's not that I don't care - it's the opposite, actually. I want to get people to react, and maybe that'll lead them to think. And maybe that'll get them to change their minds, somehow. It's unlikely, but I don't think a passive "Personally, I don't like yaoi, but it's okay if you do!" will ever, ever get anyone to think about why perhaps homosexual advocacy is not desirable. I am against promiscuity and kinks in general, and that very often includes homosexuality.
When it comes to gay love, as in, pure, genuine same-sex love... I don't understand why they can't just be BFFs and instead have to kiss and buttfuck. This is why I am in opposition to even non-yaoi gay series. But I am not advocating to censor it. I just don't think I'll ever like it.
Okay.

Okay.

Lunilah said:
HeroicIdealism said:

You're "apolitical" but you clearly think that conservatism = foolish. "Foolishness of the old" shows this. I think there's a reason why certain traditions existed. People didn't decide that homosexuality was a negative attribute for society out of thin air.
If that's all you think conservatism is, then so be it.

Yeah, that's all that conservatism is. Obviously.

I'm merely using your implications of decade past norms being old, which is in reality just a shrinking but still a seemingly big but quiet stance as people don't change so fast. As for the thin air bit, that could go back even further than the 800 year old crusades, but if you want to stay more modern it's going to be 800 year old foolish ideas eventually.

I don't understand what your point is... It's foolish, I know you think that. And you believe that it is inevitable that my view will be seen as 800 year old foolishness eventually (I fell into your Crusades trap, I will admit). But I guess I can say... I'll keep fighting for my view so that it won't happen, without a fight.

Edit:
HeroicIdealism said:
When it comes to gay love, as in, pure, genuine same-sex love... I don't understand why they can't just be BFFs and instead have to kiss and buttfuck.
Because that's where the male G-Spot is.

Yes, because whatever feels good goes, eh? Heh, in your logic, you might as well have sex with all your male friends. I want my friend Tyrone to reach my g-spot!
Nov 25, 2018 8:28 AM

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:

I'm merely using your implications of decade past norms being old, which is in reality just a shrinking but still a seemingly big but quiet stance as people don't change so fast. As for the thin air bit, that could go back even further than the 800 year old crusades, but if you want to stay more modern it's going to be 800 year old foolish ideas eventually.

I don't understand what your point is... It's foolish, I know you think that. And you believe that it is inevitable that my view will be seen as 800 year old foolishness eventually (I fell into your crusades trap, I will admit). But I guess I can say... I'll keep fighting for my view so that it won't happen, without a fight.

Edit:

Yes, because whatever feels good goes, eh? Heh, in your logic, you might as well have sex with all your male friends. I want my friend Tyrone to reach my g-spot!
Doesn't have to be Tyrone, could be your girlfriend or wife. It's not G for gay spot. Technically men play with dicks more than most women ever will.

The reason i adamantly stayed on calling you foolish is because i think it's more respectable to say it to you rather than from behind. As people do on the internet, but more civilly.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Nov 25, 2018 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
Lunilah said:
HeroicIdealism said:

I don't understand what your point is... It's foolish, I know you think that. And you believe that it is inevitable that my view will be seen as 800 year old foolishness eventually (I fell into your crusades trap, I will admit). But I guess I can say... I'll keep fighting for my view so that it won't happen, without a fight.

Doesn't have to be Tyrone, could be your girlfriend or wife. It's not G for gay spot. Technically men play with dicks more than most women ever will.

Do not push your perversions onto the masses. I doubt the majority of men play with dicks or stick things up their ass. And even if they did? Wouldn't make it right.

The reason i adamantly stayed on calling you foolish is because i think it's more respectable to say it to you rather than from behind. As people do on the internet, but more civilly.

If you are hinting that you are calling me foolish on other places of the internet behind my back, then go ahead.
Nov 25, 2018 8:34 AM

Dec 2016
HeroicIdealism said:
Neolavender123 said:
Okay.

Okay.

Didn't say it was a bad thing. What I'm saying is consent is important. But if someone DO have a kink to inflict pain on others or to hurt someone or if the other person has a kink to be humiliated or receive pain, BDSM is a suitable medium to be introduced to them coz at least they require consent, trust, and safewords.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

Lunilah said:

I don't understand what your point is... It's foolish, I know you think that. And you believe that it is inevitable that my view will be seen as 800 year old foolishness eventually (I fell into your Crusades trap, I will admit). But I guess I can say... I'll keep fighting for my view so that it won't happen, without a fight.

Edit:

I hate the fact that we somewhat share kind of a high anime affinity.
Nov 25, 2018 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
Neolavender123 said:
HeroicIdealism said:

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

I don't like most of your favorite anime, so don't feel bad. You aren't Literally Hitler or anything.
Nov 25, 2018 8:35 AM

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:

Do not push your perversions onto the masses. I doubt the majority of men play with dicks or stick things up their ass. And even if they did? Wouldn't make it right.

If you are hinting that you are calling me foolish on other places of the internet behind my back, then go ahead.
The majority of men play with their own dicks and in an amount greater to most women, and vice versa for vaginas.

No i'm not hinting that. You could have abstained from posting your view on something you hate or don't approve of, i merely did the same.

Nov 25, 2018 8:37 AM

Dec 2016
HeroicIdealism said:
Neolavender123 said:

I don't like most of your favorite anime, so don't feel bad. You aren't Literally Hitler or anything.
Well that's reassuring coming from you.
Nov 25, 2018 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Lunilah said:
HeroicIdealism said:

The majority of men play with their own dicks and in an amount greater to most women, and vice versa for vaginas.

I don't equate masturbation with homosexuality and sodomy, so your point is irrelevant.

No i'm not hinting that. You could have abstained from posting your view on something you hate or don't approve of, i merely did the same.

But now you're indirectly posting that you hate my views, and are trying to one-up me for doing it passively, as if passiveness is a virtue. Please.
This is a public thread on a general anime forum on the front page of MAL (under "recent discussions", at least). I have every right to post here. And yes, you have a right to counter me. But don't try to convince me into not posting what I believe.
Nov 25, 2018 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Neolavender123 said:
HeroicIdealism said:

Well that's reassuring coming from you.

Oof, that hurt. I must be lower than dirt to you, huh?
Nov 25, 2018 8:47 AM

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:

I don't equate masturbation with homosexuality and sodomy, so your point is irrelevant.

But now you're indirectly posting that you hate my views, and are trying to one-up me for doing it passively, as if passiveness is a virtue. Please.
This is a public thread on a general anime forum on the front page of MAL (under "recent discussions", at least). I have every right to post here. And yes, you have a right to counter me. But don't try to convince me into not posting what I believe.
Convenient.

Yes, as you stated the obvious we have the right to post, and i wasn't trying to convince you otherwise as this isn't a debate, my whole point is that we have the freedom to make our own choices.

Nov 25, 2018 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Lunilah said:
HeroicIdealism said:

Convenient.

Yes, as you stated the obvious we have the right to post, and i wasn't trying to convince you otherwise as this isn't a debate, my whole point is that we have the freedom to make our own choices.

It's convenient that masturbation is not homosexuality?
Though, it did slip my mind that shoving objects into one's anus could be part of masturbation. My bad. Yeah, I think that's gross. I do also think masturbation is pretty bad but that is an argument I do not want to have.

So that's your point. Well, that too is obvious.
Nov 25, 2018 8:53 AM

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:
Convenient.

Though, it did slip my mind that shoving objects into one's anus could be part of masturbation. My bad. Yeah, I think that's gross. I do also think masturbation is pretty bad but that is an argument I do not want to have.

It wasn't obvious enough, apparently.

Nov 25, 2018 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
Lunilah said:
HeroicIdealism said:

When you actually state your point, it is obvious.
Nov 25, 2018 8:55 AM

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:

When you actually state your point, it is obvious.
Obviously. I guess this means we have concluded our discussion.

Nov 25, 2018 9:22 AM

Apr 2015
Bourmegar said:
So Yh why is Yuri liked more than Yaoi?
Well I think this is probably because of 2 factors and these are:

- Yuri just seem to have better writers somehow. I mean Shows like Sailor Moon, Uthena, Miss Kobayashi and the like have Yuri and got praised by the majority while Yuri on Ice is the only one with a gay couple that got a majority praise. In fact almost all of the Yaoi Got described as Fanfiction writing from what I have heard.

- Most of us fans are Guys, and Guys tend to get turned on from seeing a girl in heat.

90's Sailor Moon did have a gay male couple, Zoisite and Kunzite, and I don't remember those two being showed negatively, minus being part of bad guys. Utena didn't have male couple but with the TV series it does get hinted and portray of male sexuality is different from norm.

Any actual good BL stories that don't feel like plot is written by horny woman will just stay as manga, but I personally don't feel GL stories are any better written. More so lesbian couples appear more often in regular shows and many GL stories don't get adaptations but just few popular enough.
Nov 25, 2018 9:48 AM

Jan 2014
libertarianmind said:
Kagami said:

I never said not watching something is hate. I'm saying people who hate yaoi (not everybody), aren't helping their argument. I've seen many men call yaoi gross and yuri cute and I don't think that's a straight thing.

I guess there could be more to it. What if a straight female thinks yaoi is gross but yuri is cute?
or what if a straight man says "yaoi is cute, yuri is gross
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Nov 25, 2018 9:49 AM

Mar 2018
Omkar_Nagwade said:
I'm okay with either. I obviously love my yuri. But I almost never watch any yaoi anime like YOI and Free. Anime like that are aimed at fujoshis and a straight guy like me won't be able to enjoy.
I do love traps though. That's not gay at all

Free isn't Yaoi, despite the presence of men who are probably more muscular than you.
Nov 25, 2018 9:57 AM

Apr 2016
Jaces_Sanctum said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:
I'm okay with either. I obviously love my yuri. But I almost never watch any yaoi anime like YOI and Free. Anime like that are aimed at fujoshis and a straight guy like me won't be able to enjoy.
I do love traps though. That's not gay at all

Free isn't Yaoi, despite the presence of men who are probably more muscular than you.

Oh of course it isn't yaoi but the target market for it is majority girls who like ogling at highly toned boys.
Nov 25, 2018 10:00 AM

Mar 2018
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Jaces_Sanctum said:

Oh of course it isn't yaoi but the target market for it is majority girls who like ogling at highly toned boys.

It's still a completely different thing. Yaoi refers to male x male romance, not the presence of muscular male fanservice.
Nov 25, 2018 10:03 AM
Aug 2017
Kagami said:
Why are you so triggered about people being triggered?

Anyway, I noticed a lot of yaoi haters come off as homophobic about man on man relationships calling yaoi "weird" and "gross", but call yuri cute.

They call yuri cute not because yuri is cute but the girls in yuri are. Yaoi haters are basically straight guys and guys they like the girl materias, the sexuality in yuri, not because they are lesbians. Girls like yuri mostly because of the same reason too.

Yaoi is served mostly for female fans. I still don't get the reason why they are so excited while watching it. Some gay friends of my consider yaoi is stupid so i think yaoi doesn't stand out much to male audiences.
Nov 25, 2018 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
its simple: people shouldnt just describe something they dont like as gross, that just gives off a different signal that what the sender means by it. we are all using the wrong word to define what we feel about a genre. gross is a strong word
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Nov 25, 2018 10:07 AM

Jul 2017
i don't even think these genres accurately represent lgbtq+ community by any means
tho i do realize most yaoi fans are girls (well there are my friends)
to many male friends of mine, girl kissing girl = adorable and cheesy, guy kisses guy = disgusting and cringy
thats how it goes with yaoi and yuri i guess
to me personally both of them are the same
and im a closet yuri lover
Nov 25, 2018 10:08 AM

Nov 2009
HeroicIdealism said:

So, uh, are you attracted to Tyrone?
Nov 25, 2018 10:10 AM

Oct 2018
Bernrika said:
HeroicIdealism said:

I think he might as well be a closet homosexual in denial by this point

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Nov 25, 2018 10:10 AM

Jun 2015
i watch what i want idc how others feel about it tbh. if u hate yaoi to a certain point i just wont be friends with u.
Nov 25, 2018 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Bernrika said:
HeroicIdealism said:

Definitely. Big black studs are my type. He's my best friend (he's black, so I'm not racist) and my g-spot is in my anus, and his cock is really big, so why not?
Nov 25, 2018 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
BackstageMage said:
Bernrika said:

I think he might as well be a closet homosexual in denial by this point

Hitler must have been a closeted jew.
Nov 25, 2018 10:14 AM

Nov 2009
HeroicIdealism said:
Bernrika said:

Definitely. Big black studs are my type. He's my best friend (he's black, so I'm not racist) and my g-spot is in my anus, and his cock is really big, so why not?

Oh, so you are gay? Nice. I couldn't tell.
Nov 25, 2018 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Bernrika said:
HeroicIdealism said:

For sure. Because feeling good is all that matters, and my g-spot is in my anus, as another user so pleasantly pointed out earlier in this thread.
Nov 25, 2018 10:24 AM

Nov 2009
HeroicIdealism said:
Bernrika said:

For sure. Because feeling good is all that matters, and my g-spot is in my anus, as another user so pleasantly pointed out earlier in this thread.
Wait, what does your g-spot has to do with your homosexuality?
Nov 25, 2018 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
Bernrika said:
HeroicIdealism said:

I was referencing this exchange, in case you haven't read a few posts above yours:
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:
Convenient.

Anyways, anyone who shoves things inside their ass, if not gay, is into BDSM (woman fucking him with dildo) or enjoys to act like an ape in private. I don't condone behaviors like what this guy did:
Nov 25, 2018 10:36 AM

Nov 2009
HeroicIdealism said:
Bernrika said:

I was referencing this exchange, in case you haven't read a few posts above yours:
HeroicIdealism said:

Anyways, anyone who shoves things inside their ass, if not gay, is into BDSM (woman fucking him with dildo) or enjoys to act like an ape in private. I don't condone behaviors like what this guy did:

Who gives a shit about what you don't condone?
Nov 25, 2018 10:37 AM

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:
Bernrika said:

HeroicIdealism said:

Prostate stimulation literally has nothing to do with BDSM or acting like an ape, but okay.

Nov 25, 2018 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Bernrika said:
HeroicIdealism said:

Who gives a shit about what you don't condone?

Apparently everyone in this thread who was upset about what I say.

Lunilah said:
HeroicIdealism said:

Prostate stimulation literally has nothing to do with BDSM or acting like an ape, but okay.

Doesn't the "S" in BDSM mean submission? Taking it up the ass, unless you get imaginative, is pretty submissive.
You don't think it's animalistic to shove things in your anus?
Nov 25, 2018 10:46 AM

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:

Doesn't the "S" in BDSM mean submission? Taking it up the ass, unless you get imaginative, is pretty submissive.
Prostate stimulation or anal doesn't mean or even imply submissive behavior.
You can break everything down about humans into being animalistic, but to single out something as mundane as g-spots to being animalistic is actually pretty funny.

Nov 25, 2018 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
Lunilah said:
HeroicIdealism said:

You can break everything down about humans into being animalistic, but to single out something as mundane as g-spots to being animalistic is actually pretty funny.

Prostate stimulation as masturbation = animalistic
Prostate stimulation with a partner = submissive
That's what I meant.
To have your partner insert something into your ass, unless you are forcing them to do it, is submissive.

So, out of all the things that humans do that are animalistic, you draw the line at prostate stimulation? I don't draw the line. I admit, for example, that eating is "animalistic". But it is required to survive. Prostate stimulation is just revolting and can have all sorts of consequences. It is such a dumb thing to do. I imagine apes doing that. Not humans. But then again, my hope for humanity is continuously crushed. And people like you are perfectly fine with society metaphorically becoming like this:
removed-userNov 25, 2018 10:58 AM
Nov 25, 2018 10:59 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
HeroicIdealism said:

Not necessarily. The whole meaning of it is pretty wonky imo, but the S means both "Submission" and "Sadism."

Being into S&M is not the same as being into B&D and D&S, so on and so forth.

Jul 2018
Manaban said:
HeroicIdealism said:

Not necessarily. The whole meaning of it is pretty wonky imo, but the S means both "Submission" and "Sadism."

Being into S&M is not the same as being into B&D and D&S, so on and so forth.

Sadism is kind of the direct opposite of submission in these things.

Ah, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:

That's what I meant.
To have your partner insert something into your ass, unless you are forcing them to do it, is submissive.

So, out of all the things that humans do that are animalistic, you draw the line at prostate stimulation? I don't draw the line. I admit, for example, that eating is "animalistic". But it is required to survive. Prostate stimulation is just revolting and can have all sorts of consequences. It is such a dumb thing to do.
Completely ignoring your views, you don't seem well versed in sex outside of your circle if that's what you think. Prostate stimulation and anal is a facet of sex which holds no primary side, whereas being a pet is but one, submissive.

I can't tell if this line is you pretending to be me responding to the post you wrote, or if you're just talking to yourself.

Nov 25, 2018 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
Lunilah said:
HeroicIdealism said:

That's what I meant.

So, out of all the things that humans do that are animalistic, you draw the line at prostate stimulation? I don't draw the line. I admit, for example, that eating is "animalistic". But it is required to survive. Prostate stimulation is just revolting and can have all sorts of consequences. It is such a dumb thing to do.
Completely ignoring your views, you don't seem well versed in sex outside of your circle if that's what you think. Prostate stimulation and anal is a facet of sex which holds no primary side, whereas being a pet is but one, submissive.

I can't tell if this line is you pretending to be me responding to the post you wrote, or if you're just talking to yourself.

I'm talking to you.
So, you do not submit yourself to your partner when he/she is thrusting inside your anus?
Nov 25, 2018 11:06 AM

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:

I'm talking to you.
So, you do not submit yourself to your partner when he/she is thrusting inside your anus?
Then don't project or strawman. I explicitly stated that you can break down everything about humans into being animalistic but you inferred i draw the line somewhere when i was commenting on you singling an action out for being animalistic.

You're assuming there are immutable laws/occurrences that coincide with anal, there aren't.

Nov 25, 2018 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:

That's what I meant.

So, out of all the things that humans do that are animalistic, you draw the line at prostate stimulation? I don't draw the line. I admit, for example, that eating is "animalistic". But it is required to survive. Prostate stimulation is just revolting and can have all sorts of consequences. It is such a dumb thing to do. I imagine apes doing that. Not humans. But then again, my hope for humanity is continuously crushed. And people like you are perfectly fine with society metaphorically becoming like this:

Here's what I'm struggling with. I'll admit, I mostly just skimmed this entire debacle. But why does sexual pleasure have to be such a taboo? Who fucking cares if a guy likes his prostate tickled? It doesn't necessarily have to be another man, it could be his wife, pegging exists and some women absolutely enjoy being in charge in the bedroom. And so what if it is submissive? You can't have a dom without a sub, and just cause it isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean it can't be anyone else's.

A lot of this seems to hinge on the assumption that mankind isn't allowed or able to embrace sexuality without devolving into a hoard of rapey, lust driven spawns of Satan (if that image is any indication.) And I mean... I think throwing "the devil" into any argument is pointless because religious belief is different from law or objective truth, and it's a CHOICE. Just like objective truth is different from personal truth. You may think it's weird or unacceptable for someone to indulge in prostate stimulation, but what they do with their ass doesn't and shouldn't concern you in the slightest.

And if prostate stimulation is the only thing making homosexuality unacceptable, then what of lesbians? Are they fine because they don't tend to take it up the butt? That seems unfair, doesn't it? Unless to problem isn't actually how "animalistic" butt sex is (which in it of itself is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while. Straight people sometimes like anal too, y'know,) but rather, that same-sex relationships are just generally not okay, then for what reason? Because they can't reproduce? So? There's too many people on the planet anyways, we need some population control. Because god said so? Again, we can't make religion what governs us, there's a separation of church and state for a reason. Because you personally think it's icky or wrong? Well that's fine I guess, but there's no reason that others can't disagree.

But no, your main issue seems to be that you have this weird stigma in people indulging their sexual desires. No matter how consensual or how much it doesn't affect anyone else. But I have never understood why sexual pleasure and indulgence is so frowned upon by society.
Nov 25, 2018 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Lunilah said:
HeroicIdealism said:

I'm talking to you.
Then don't project or strawman. I explicitly stated that you can break down everything about humans into being animalistic but you inferred i draw the line somewhere when i was commenting on you singling an action out for being animalistic.

You're assuming there are immutable laws/occurrences that coincide with anal, there aren't.

Yes, you said that, then you said:

As if singling out aka drawing a line in front of anal play as being animalistic is "pretty funny", laughable, ridiculous.
It's not ridiculous, and I conceded: yes, many things about humans are animalistic, I shouldn't have drawn that line or make it seem like I only targeted anal stimulation. But many of these animalistic qualities are necessary. Anal play is not.
Why is this a strawman? And why is it laughable to point out anal play as animalistic? Because it is "mundane", as you stated?

So, on average, anal is not submissive? My description of anal is incorrect? Anal being a man/woman thrusting in your ass while you submit. Correct? Yes or no? Unless the one taking it in the ass is doing the riding, is that what you are referring to?

RealmOMFG said:
HeroicIdealism said:

That's what I meant.

Here's what I'm struggling with. I'll admit, I mostly just skimmed this entire debacle. But why does sexual pleasure have to be such a taboo? Who fucking cares if a guy likes his prostate tickled? It doesn't necessarily have to be another man, it could be his wife, pegging exists and some women absolutely enjoy being in charge in the bedroom. And so what if it is submissive? You can't have a dom without a sub, and just cause it isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean it can't be anyone else's.

A lot of this seems to hinge on the assumption that mankind isn't allowed or able to embrace sexuality without devolving into a hoard of rapey, lust driven spawns of Satan (if that image is any indication.) And I mean... I think throwing "the devil" into any argument is pointless because religious belief is different from law or objective truth, and it's a CHOICE. Just like objective truth is different from personal truth. You may think it's weird or unacceptable for someone to indulge in prostate stimulation, but what they do with their ass doesn't and shouldn't concern you in the slightest.

And if prostate stimulation is the only thing making homosexuality unacceptable, then what of lesbians? Are they fine because they don't tend to take it up the butt? That seems unfair, doesn't it? Unless to problem isn't actually how "animalistic" butt sex is (which in it of itself is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while. Straight people sometimes like anal too, y'know,) but rather, that same-sex relationships are just generally not okay, then for what reason? Because they can't reproduce? So? There's too many people on the planet anyways, we need some population control. Because god said so? Again, we can't make religion what governs us, there's a separation of church and state for a reason. Because you personally think it's icky or wrong? Well that's fine I guess, but there's no reason that others can't disagree.

But no, your main issue seems to be that you have this weird stigma in people indulging their sexual desires. No matter how consensual or how much it doesn't affect anyone else. But I have never understood why sexual pleasure and indulgence is so frowned upon by society.

I'll respond to you later tonight. I gotta go somewhere
Nov 25, 2018 11:13 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
RealmOMFG said:

I nominate this for the best post in the thread tbh

Like for real, ily <3

Nov 25, 2018 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
@Manaban

Thank you :)

Ugh, I've had arguments like this too many times. I mean, if people are dead set on thinking of sex as some kinda disgusting animalistic desire that makes humanity worse somehow, then there isn't much we can really do to change that. But it's a way of thinking that I can't even begin to comprehend.
Nov 25, 2018 11:21 AM

Oct 2014
HeroicIdealism said:
Lunilah said:

Yes, you said that, then you said:

As if singling out aka drawing a line in front of anal play as being animalistic is "pretty funny", laughable, ridiculous.
It's not ridiculous, and I conceded: yes, many things about humans are animalistic, I shouldn't have drawn that line or make it seem like I only targeted anal stimulation. But many of these animalistic qualities are necessary. Anal play is not.
Why is this a strawman? And why is it laughable to point out anal play as animalistic? Because it is "mundane", as you stated?

So, on average, anal is not submissive? My description of anal is incorrect? Anal being a man/woman thrusting in your ass while you submit. Correct? Yes or no? Unless the one taking it in the ass is doing the riding, is that what you are referring to?
It's a strawman because you intentionally twisted my point about what you said, not me. But if you conceded i'm not sure why you bring the former up with "then you said" as if it negates anything, when it's talking about you.

Whether it's the average or not, being a pet can't be anything but submissive, that's immutable, anal isn't it's dynamic.

Nov 25, 2018 12:08 PM

Nov 2009
RealmOMFG said:
HeroicIdealism said:

That's what I meant.

There are gays who don't even enjoy anal for what matter lol.
Nov 25, 2018 5:09 PM

Oct 2014
konkelo said:
Bourmegar said:
So Yh why is Yuri liked more than Yaoi?
Well I think this is probably because of 2 factors and these are:

- Yuri just seem to have better writers somehow. I mean Shows like Sailor Moon, Uthena, Miss Kobayashi and the like have Yuri and got praised by the majority while Yuri on Ice is the only one with a gay couple that got a majority praise. In fact almost all of the Yaoi Got described as Fanfiction writing from what I have heard.

- Most of us fans are Guys, and Guys tend to get turned on from seeing a girl in heat.

90's Sailor Moon did have a gay male couple, Zoisite and Kunzite, and I don't remember those two being showed negatively, minus being part of bad guys. Utena didn't have male couple but with the TV series it does get hinted and portray of male sexuality is different from norm.

Any actual good BL stories that don't feel like plot is written by horny woman will just stay as manga, but I personally don't feel GL stories are any better written. More so lesbian couples appear more often in regular shows and many GL stories don't get adaptations but just few popular enough.

Well to be honest.
NOT adapting Good BL Mangas (and others ofc) is just like Ignoring the big pot of gold that is in front of you.
I mean there is a demographic that is just hungry for good BL Material (The Fuyoshis are most liky to watch and spread it) and willing to pay for it, why ignore them?

Good BL Anime can shatter the negative image that Yaoi has, And If it is good then Word of mouth will do its Job (Like with Made in Abyss). heck Yuri on Ice qas very well recieved so why not make more good BL Anime?

The Anime industry seems to be playing way to safe, not taking any risks whatsoever.
Nov 25, 2018 5:19 PM

Jan 2017
Kagami said:
libertarianmind said:

I guess there could be more to it. What if a straight female thinks yaoi is gross but yuri is cute?

No matter the gender, I can get not wanting to watch two men have sex if you're straight and a male. That's normal. Though, finding the idea of a male relationship gross, but being open to two girls being together like that fine..... is a completely different beast. One is sexuality and one is ignorance.

+1 for this response
word count
word count
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» How many Anime of Manga you read are you picking up?

zaganGao - Apr 11

6 by palm-tree »»
30 seconds ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 55 minutes ago

7 by Lhundrup »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you like when anime acknowledges the presence of the camera or screen?

WatchTillTandava - 56 minutes ago

7 by perseii »»
10 minutes ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 6 hours ago

20 by epidemia78 »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime show good at portraying female drama/toxicity?

passtur - Yesterday

38 by inim »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.