Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2017 3:48 AM

Apr 2016
It has been increasingly apparent that there has been content in the anime world that have come from other countries. The recent surge in foreign anime has become especially relevant when talking about the new show The King's Avatar, garnering a score of 8.19 (as of 6/6/2017). For me it has had me question what other shows were Chinese in the database, and has me wondering what else is non-Japanese. then I remembered Noblesse, which was a Korean production.

In the case of finding these shows, it is actually quite difficult. I found Noblesse purely on accident (still don't remember how). The King's Avatar is on the "Spring 2017 Anime" lineup, but any other Chinese animation is a hunt for weird names or rummaging through producers and studios that actually deal with them (Tencent Animation and Haoliners Animation League were ones that worked best for me).

Creation of a tag or 2 strictly for the Chinese and Korean animation would help in sorting out how to find these kinds of shows since I doubt they will warrant their own section in the "Top Anime" part of the website like the Manwha and Manhua have in the "Top Manga" part of the website.

Side note: Triopen Studios may be an animation studio the website can add as well.

Sometimes you just gotta realize that you can't watch every
anime you want to. The struggle is far too real for that.
Jun 6, 2017 5:21 AM

Jan 2011
>In the case of finding these shows, it is actually quite difficult.

https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=42215
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=41909
Jun 6, 2017 5:40 AM

Apr 2016
that is certainly one way of keeping track of the non-japanese titles. i see your point that there is a place to find titles.

not as in-depth as the search functionality or simply clicking on tags. names tell you next to nothing if you dont know what they mean, so one has to click on links virtually at random.

thanks for the links to the clubs though.

Jun 6, 2017 1:36 PM

Oct 2014
We should have those as searchable tags. That would be useful in finding longer ones and higher rated ones rather than just looking through the two clubs ordered alphabetically and mostly getting a bunch of untranslated movies and ovas.
Jun 6, 2017 5:20 PM

Feb 2014
This!

And to ride on the tailcoats of this idea, maybe also an original language tag? One example of where this would be helpful is Afro Samurai, a Japanese productions in English. People are thrown off as they try to look for the 'original Japanese language version'.

Or Please Take My Brother Away, a Japanese work in Japanese adapted from a manhua so I've seen people trying to look for the 'original Chinese dub'.
Jun 6, 2017 10:08 PM

Apr 2016
original language tag may be difficult for some. there are instances when anime are dubbed in 2 languages at the same time, so "original language" may be hard to pin down. a show like Space Dandy which was broadcast in english first would have a hard time. likewise, a show like Bloodivores was a co-production and i believe there was a chinese and japanese dub that ran independently of one another (this is based on the trailer here that i remember seeing when it first came out).

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8674 by MadanielFL »»
9 hours ago

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GanjiTheDude - Mar 30, 2023

755 by LegendaryRQA »»
Yesterday, 6:51 PM

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

682 by BlondieLottie »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Official French/German/Spanish Titles Here

Kineta - Nov 10, 2021

45 by Vaturna »»
Yesterday, 3:30 AM

» Could we stop having Justin Cook at the start of every anime entry's staff list?

El-Melloi - Jul 29, 2023

6 by Kwanthemaster »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.