Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 5, 2017 4:22 PM

Oct 2016
Being up to date with the SnK manga, I enjoy seeing anime only watchers come up with the right theories but I noticed how manga readers seem to be pestering them for missing small details and not understanding everything at the first watch. So, i decided to compile all of those details and explain some things using only info seen on the anime. This means it will be 100% manga spoiler free. Most of the info is taken from episode 35: "Children".

As a fellow SnK fan, I tried my best to make it easier for anime only watchers to understand more of what's going on, so if you still have any questions regarding anything that I said, feel free to ask away and I will try to clear your doubts without spoiling anything from the manga.
VigliucciJun 6, 2017 7:36 AM
Jun 5, 2017 4:34 PM
May 2017
Omg, as an anime only watcher, this helped soooo much! Thank you! I only have one question left: so was the first titan made by humans and their injections? Or do they have some kind of other origin and people only advanced to making titans hence the titan shifters?
Jun 5, 2017 5:02 PM

Oct 2016
Starrynight_x said:
Omg, as an anime only watcher, this helped soooo much! Thank you! I only have one question left: so was the first titan made by humans and their injections? Or do they have some kind of other origin and people only advanced to making titans hence the titan shifters?

The origin of the titans is something that has been explained in the manga, but we are still far from that explanation in the anime. I would recommend either to read the manga or to wait for the anime to reach that point to find out. If you still want to know ayway, I will put it here in a spoiler box:

VigliucciJun 5, 2017 5:26 PM
Jun 5, 2017 8:07 PM
Nov 2012
This makes much more sense now. Thanks a ton.
Jun 5, 2017 8:11 PM

Jun 2015
Thanks for the easy summary of information, very helpful! I think I've actually got some bigger pieces put together now...
Jun 6, 2017 1:30 AM

Feb 2015
Oho, thanks for the explanation bby really appreciate it =3
Jun 6, 2017 4:06 AM
Jan 2017
Sorry but would a anime only watcher deduce that Ymir's Past took place in another place? It has walls, same as the city we know of. Those weapons or uniform don't seem very highly advanced to me, they have big ass canons which don't do much good against Titans, so why would they bother with some rifles like the police forces in Ymir's flashback?

The only other hint, which I know of could be the very futuristic looking print on the food which Ymir finds in Utgarde and seems able to read, much to Reinhards surprise.

This all seems very weak and just shows how manga readers think the anime is giving out to much info, and that people could figure out so much stuff, when in reality you are just spoiled by reading the manga and unable to seperate that knowledge from just watching the anime.
Jun 6, 2017 5:04 AM

Aug 2012
samurro said:
Sorry but would a anime only watcher deduce that Ymir's Past took place in another place? It has walls, same as the city we know of. Those weapons or uniform don't seem very highly advanced to me, they have big ass canons which don't do much good against Titans, so why would they bother with some rifles like the police forces in Ymir's flashback?

The only other hint, which I know of could be the very futuristic looking print on the food which Ymir finds in Utgarde and seems able to read, much to Reinhards surprise.

This all seems very weak and just shows how manga readers think the anime is giving out to much info, and that people could figure out so much stuff, when in reality you are just spoiled by reading the manga and unable to seperate that knowledge from just watching the anime.

yes you are right. the uniform they showed was from 60 years ago, it could have been diferent, or since they all worship the walls inside the walls, the fact there are some heretics worshiping ymir, those guards could be the equivalent to the inquisition explaining why the uniforms were different.

The episode didnt gave any information about the place the only thing that gave was the eyecatch in the middle of episode for commercial break, thats the only thing that gave away, but the people that watch the anime are in just for the action that they probably didnt even care to read the eyecatch, how do I know this? Well if you really are interested in the story you would read the manga.
Its manga readers who are spoiling everything.
FunsecoJun 6, 2017 5:08 AM
Jun 6, 2017 5:57 AM

Apr 2013
Thanks for the summary. while I apparently didn't miss any kind of important information I wasn't sure since it was a lot to process all at once. Didn't notice the injection sound though, I thought they got stabbed or something ^^
Jun 6, 2017 6:10 AM

Oct 2016
samurro said:

Anime watchers can deduce that Ymir lives outside the walls because the commercial break implies so. Regarding the technological advance of the guards it is noticeable that they had more advanced guns (compere them to the ones used by the 104th whenthey blind the titans in episode 8 of the first season. And any civilization would use anti-human normal weapons like their rifles, so nothing strange about them.

And as I tried to say, I dont want to give an impression of "ah, i read the manga, I know everything already". I want to help out people who didnt notice all the small details instead of pestering them for not noticing.
Jun 6, 2017 6:51 AM

Nov 2015
@Vigliucci Thanks for clarifying this for anime-onlies, especially since probably 60 % of them didn't read the eyecatch. BTW, Grisha's injection was shown in episode 9, not 10.
Jun 6, 2017 7:38 AM

Oct 2016
Metal_Ice786 said:
@Vigliucci Thanks for clarifying this for anime-onlies, especially since probably 60 % of them didn't read the eyecatch. BTW, Grisha's injection was shown in episode 9, not 10.
Im guessing the eyecatch might not be subbed in some releases so a big bunch of people dont even have the chance to read it? Idk. Nice observation, I've corrected it!
Jun 6, 2017 7:54 AM

Dec 2014
The people who injected Ymir. Were they the criminals or the police from that civilisation?

Very nice and informative thread, thanks!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2017 8:00 AM

Jun 2016
I inferred that Ymir comes from another civilization for the fact she can read those foreign caracters on those fish cans before that panel during commercial break.

And also the presence of those fish cans in the outpost made me think about commercial commercial exchanges between the two civilizations.

Anime watcher here.
Jun 6, 2017 8:13 AM
Jan 2017
I rewatched the commerical break, I wasn't aware that such information could be hidden in them...
Jun 6, 2017 8:22 AM

Oct 2016
Clefairiess said:
The people who injected Ymir. Were they the criminals or the police from that civilisation?

Very nice and informative thread, thanks!
Taking into consideration that Ymir and the other cultists were displayed on the streets its safe to say that they were captured by the law for worshiping a forbidden diety, so the ones who captured them and turned them into titans were soliders/guards/officials from that civilization.
Jun 6, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2014
Does the ending song hints anything from the plot?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2017 9:27 AM

Oct 2016
Clefairiess said:
Does the ending song hints anything from the plot?
Yes, it does, but without reading the manga you wont figure what it is about until the anime reaches that point, so no worries about getting spoiled.
VigliucciJun 6, 2017 9:31 AM
Jun 6, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2008
So most of the shifters are people who got transformed by a serum (mindless titans) who ate shifters, then we need to criteria for an original shifter since there would be no shifters at all without them
Or is it a certain bloodline perhaps? The word bloodline has been mentioned many times in S2 who knows
Jun 6, 2017 3:48 PM

Nov 2015
Vigliucci said:
Metal_Ice786 said:
Im guessing the eyecatch might not be subbed in some releases so a big bunch of people dont even have the chance to read it? Idk. Nice observation, I've corrected it!

They just don't read it because you can't read that much text in 5 seconds unless you pause. So most people just skip it instead. Besides, there are barely any other releases. Crunchyroll and Funimation are using the same subtitles, and those subtitles are on all streaming websites like KissAnime or GogoAnime.
Jun 6, 2017 11:14 PM

Dec 2014
Can someone translate what was written in the eyecatch?
Jun 7, 2017 8:28 AM

Dec 2014
Thanks, though I've read this in the episode.

I wonder what happened to Annie. I wanna know more about her.

Also I wonder if all titans are injected humans, or there might be original titans.
Jun 7, 2017 2:54 PM
Jun 2009
I have a concern with the Titan hypothesis:
Jun 7, 2017 3:52 PM

Oct 2016
geearf said:
I have a concern with the Titan hypothesis:
Those are valid concerns, but they are still misteries in the anime. They have been revealed in the manga, so if you are just too curious, take a peek on the box below (I answered the cocerns in the most non spoilery way possible, so you will only know if what you said is true or not, and you wont get spoiled on the reasons for it):

Jun 7, 2017 4:28 PM
Jun 2009
I'll skip reading that for now, but thank you for writing it anyway :)
Jun 8, 2017 11:22 AM

Dec 2014
Without the spoilers, can we assume that the reason why Titans eat human is to return back to being human again?
Jun 8, 2017 1:02 PM

Oct 2016
Clefairiess said:
Without the spoilers, can we assume that the reason why Titans eat human is to return back to being human again?
Yes, we can assume they do it subconsciously as there seems to be no other reason for it.
Jun 8, 2017 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
Vigliucci said:
Clefairiess said:
Yes, we can assume they do it subconsciously as there seems to be no other reason for it.

Was it confirmed in the anime? I don't remember.
Jun 8, 2017 1:47 PM

Oct 2016
Clefairiess said:
Vigliucci said:

It wasnt directly confirmed, but as there is no other reason they would hunt only humans ignoring everything else, I think it can be assumed.
Jun 8, 2017 2:07 PM

Dec 2014
Vigliucci said:
Clefairiess said:

It wasnt directly confirmed, but as there is no other reason they would hunt only humans ignoring everything else, I think it can be assumed.

I just hope the last 2 episodes would reveal more hints, or else I will read the manga. Why the torture.
Jun 12, 2017 8:13 AM

Dec 2014
So it seems Bertoholt loves Annie. And I wonder what's the secret behind Historia and the walls.
Jun 13, 2017 9:07 AM
Jan 2017
Clefairiess said:
So it seems Bertoholt loves Annie.

You are really a slow one eh? Reiner even confirmed this last episode or before that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.