Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 5, 2017 7:07 AM
Nov 2016
Dazai always wears bandages around his upper torso and his arms. Maybe it's just injuries from his failed suicide attempts, or are there any other reasons?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 4, 2017 9:09 AM

Feb 2017
It's possible that he cut himself for suicides...but the official fandom says,the reasons are "yet to be discovered"
Aug 22, 2017 2:46 AM

Jun 2016
WinterEnlighten said:
It's possible that he cut himself for suicides...but the official fandom says,the reasons are "yet to be discovered"

I think the whole cutting thing seems possible. or maybe he just has them because it looks cool.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
May 16, 2018 12:16 AM
Apr 2018
Ningen shikkaku (No Longer Human)
It cancels an ability through direct touch. Likewise, things created from abilities cannot work on dazai. It may not have the power to attack, but to ability users it is a huge threat and to an extent, is the strongest unrivaled ability. Though it is strong against abilities, it cannot defend against any other kinds of physical attack. Because of that, dazai is never free from injuries such as bone fractures, stab wounds, gunshot wounds, and fresh bruises. Moreover, even if he gets hurt, he cannot be treated by yosano akiko's healing ability:Thou shalt not die. While he is always covered in bandages because of his suicide mania hobby, another reason is that of the injuries he got during battle.

--

I've always wanted to believe that he was being extra with those bandages. But now it's confirmed

I'm sad

My baby is suffering

But he's fighting

I love him
Sep 5, 2019 5:25 PM
Aug 2019
I believe he just wears them to be cool, as when he was in the Port mafia, he had a bandage over his eye when it wasn't injured at all. Oda had pulled it off before he died
Oct 20, 2021 5:30 PM
Jul 2021
I've read a few theories on this. The most believed one is that he covers his body in bandages to cover up past suicide attempts and self-harm scars.

Some people believe (and I personally like this theory) that he covers himself in bandages because of how private a person he is. There are a lot of people that wear hoodies, baggy clothing, long pants etc to cover themselves up because they feel vulnerable when they are showing skin. It might be a bit the same with Dazai as we barely know anything about his past and he rarely shares anything regarding his feelings (except for when it comes to suicide). This was also true for the real Osamu Dazai the Japanese Writer. This theory can be evident when Dazai "removed" the bandages from his face and over his eye after Oda died and he decided to leave the Port Mafia. He decided that if he left the Port Mafia, maybe he could be just a little more vulnerable and soft.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dazai's relationships

DBZGoku - Feb 9, 2018

1 by DBZGoku »»
Feb 9, 2018 10:45 AM

Poll: » Smartest Bungou Stray Dogs Characters

DBZGoku - Jun 30, 2017

1 by DBZGoku »»
Jun 30, 2017 2:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.