Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 24, 2014 8:58 PM
Oct 2013
Whoa...what the... I'm seriously tripping right now. I haven't been this caught off guard by a show in a long time. I was expecting Celky's head to be in ajar at the pharmaceutical place or something but this, I can't even...
Also, I ship Celky and Shinra so hard, they are perfect and adorable, and I love them.
Aug 24, 2014 9:00 PM
Oct 2013
DaydreamHero said:
I bet That Dr. guy knows what happened to her head... and erasing people's memories... that guy is hella shady. Thats probably another reason why he keeps trying to discourage her from searching

He is shady, but there's also something oddly innocent about him. And he's honestly in love with her (hence the fortune cookie) so I can't see him doing that to her.
Sep 20, 2014 9:26 AM

Jul 2014
really, I'm so f**ing stupid. It was so obvious, yet, I was just too incompetent to notice it. That girl, the other celty, had a huge scar around her neck. i dont know if i should hate her, or feel pity for her. though, i agree with Shinra, the original celty is perfectly fine without her head
Oct 24, 2014 3:43 AM

Apr 2014
"you haven't had a break since 265 years" oh wow
Jan 8, 2015 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT ENDING MIND BLOWN WTF WTF!!
[spoiler][spoiler]

shinra and clety is sooo cute together XD I totally ship them!!!!

Jan 12, 2015 12:11 AM

May 2013
So this is an episode about losing things.
It's also about how Celty loves Shinra and how Shinra loves her back.
Oh, it's also about how Anri is a dick to people who help her find her shoes. All of Mikado's effort, nothing.

The interesting thing about this episode is that Shinra is part of Yagiri Pharma.
And Seiji has Celty's head! SEIJI FREAKIN' HAS CELTY'S HEAD ON MIKA'S BODY!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 25, 2015 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
This anime is like a big puzzle... Very nice! :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Feb 14, 2015 9:40 AM
Mar 2013
Lmao when he ate his fortune-cookie-wish. So cute that Celty hid her wish under her pillow, aww. I expected Celty to be more beautiful, tbh
May 18, 2015 10:46 PM
Apr 2015
Hey peeps. This was a sweet episode. Celty was adorable, Shinra looked shady, Anri shut down Mikado, blah blah blah.

A little note: When Celty was speeding towards Shinra after he got off of work, she passed Mikado as he was returning Anri's shoes. I like how this anime connects all these people who seemingly have nothing to do with one another. It's just reminding you that they all live in the same city, doing different things. It feels fresh.
May 30, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2015
The plot has been twisted!
Jun 30, 2015 3:08 AM

May 2015
I knew it!! It was Celty's head xD the color of the head and her (Mika's) skin-tone is different!
Jul 17, 2015 3:44 PM

Mar 2012
Fireego said:
So this is an episode about losing things.
It's also about how Celty loves Shinra and how Shinra loves her back.
Oh, it's also about how Anri is a dick to people who help her find her shoes. All of Mikado's effort, nothing.

The interesting thing about this episode is that Shinra is part of Yagiri Pharma.
And Seiji has Celty's head! SEIJI FREAKIN' HAS CELTY'S HEAD ON MIKA'S BODY!

Not sure that Celty has the same feelings that Shinra has for her. After all, his fortune did read "unrequited love."
Jul 31, 2015 5:07 PM

Oct 2014
wow this anime is really boring I guess I'm gonna drop it
Sep 11, 2015 11:14 PM

Jul 2014
The episode was good. I'm just wondering, if that girl with Seiji has the head of Celty, then who'll get Celty in the end? Seiji, or the doctor?

"Unrequited love" is the thing that hurt me the most. That guy genuinely cares for Celty! I'll just kill myself if Celty goes away with Seiji! >~<
Oct 8, 2015 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
Lovely episode
Dec 18, 2015 3:21 AM

Nov 2015
I had already guessed right in the second episode that girl with scar shall be Slety's face.
And I found this episode a bit boring (don't know why)
But stil i would say this was a nice episode but I want more Shizuo and Izawa!
Dec 18, 2015 6:16 AM

Oct 2015
Great episode. I think Shinra know about the head of Celty. I was shocked when Seiji called the Girl with cut on the neck as Celty. I guess that girl's neck belongs to Celty. Excited for the nxt episode.
Jan 5, 2016 4:50 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Shinra's awesome, and poor him with his fortune cookie. Celty's so cute with the whole cooking part. The ending though O.O

5/5
Jan 6, 2016 8:59 AM

May 2013
YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SO GOOD.
Jan 19, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2014
Did nobody else catch the pokeball sound Celty's knife made when she "put it away"? As a pokemon fan, i couldn't help but catch that small detail...anywaaaay.

I was hitting my chair in excitement when that guy (can't remember his name, to lazy to look it up) called "Mika" Celty. Found her head. Now what happened to make it end up there in the first place?
Feb 21, 2016 1:40 AM

Jun 2012
Interesting... people were really surprised that was her head? Only way I can really get that is if you just thought it was too obvious that it wasn't true. I mean she has that scar on her entire neck, and Seiji's scientist / doctor sister has a head in a jar that looks just like "Celty 2" from the back. But meh, I guess I'm a few years late anyway so I'm pretty much just musing to myself here.

Nonetheless, that foreshadowing makes me kinda sad if Shinra's fortune cookie was really true. But I mean didn't Celty say that she loved him (to the viewers) this episode? Surely that won't change later on.

And I can only assume the person Masaomi was saying is probably taking everyone's things is Izaya. I mean that's the only particularly mischievous character thus far (that Masaomi has been shown to know anyway).

And, again just talking for myself here, but a lot of people said that girl with the notebook was probably just a minor detail... but if this show's gonna be anything like I suspect it will, I highly doubt that was entirely pointless.
Feb 28, 2016 2:05 AM

Jul 2015
When Yagiri was looking for his love, I was like, is he looking for the driver on the black motorcycle...
Apparently I was half right.
Apr 3, 2016 9:04 PM

Sep 2014
I knew they were connected by that scar. Although I'm wondering why Celty and Anri's friend (Harima) share the same head. Also if that is Celty's actually head, what about the one in the jar?

Unrequited love on the fortune cookie was a little sad.
Jul 16, 2016 4:36 AM

Mar 2015
I knew from the beginning that that girl has Celty head ;)
Celty is real beauty!!

3.8/5
Sep 6, 2016 4:45 PM

Oct 2013
Woah, okay so I expected that cuz of the huge scar on the neck, but that's still really intriguing.
Oct 3, 2016 1:40 PM

Jun 2016
Wow... This episode is really awesome! The end was a shock to me!
Oct 4, 2016 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
it's bothering me to hell how people keep saying that anri was a bitch to close the door on mikado's face. i do remember her saying thanks, though.
you know, she never asked him to go the extra mile and stay at school until late looking for her shoes. it wasn't really important if you take into account that she herself went home and left the shoes behind.
and i think it's really wrong to expect her to reciprocate his feelings of whatever just because he has feelings for her. dude, you're not obligated to like anyone just because they like you.
i kind of agree she could have been a little less cold to him, but i don't think she was wrong and definitely don't agree she was a bitch...

the whole celty's head thing is a bit too obvious to be true. i remember shinra saying that one of his specialties was changing face plastic surgery and harm mika was apparently yagiri's stalker. what if she willingly turned into the love of his life through ps just to stay with him. i know it doesn't explain why she was always lost in the first episodes, i haven't thought that far into it, but i just don't think she's celty. that's not a human head, for god's sake, and how can a human body survive without a head? it would make sense too if you think about how she doesn't speak... but anyway, that's just a crazy theory. lol

and ugh, i love the otaku couple. <3 i tend to love the comic relief characters and i think them and simon are so adorable!
Nov 5, 2016 12:36 PM

Nov 2015

Rather spectacular episode!
I think we all knew that she had Celty's head but now we have an utterly amazing confirmation!

Oh, my heart broke when Shinra got "unrequited love" =(

So, her head is having a unique and separated life in another body. That may be the body of the fireworks dude's girlfriend, hence the Harima girl that is...was friends with Anri! CONNECTIONS!. Separated head and body continue to live different lives. Uncomplete memories.

And Anri... Kuuderes are double edge swords.. they can be utterly lovely but they can too be cold at you like she was to Mikado. Come on man, you can do it! Show her your loooovee!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Celty confirmed to be hedhead. Her 'lovely' levels just went off charts!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
HumbertoZeroNov 5, 2016 12:42 PM
Nov 19, 2016 7:14 PM

Sep 2013
Ok, I'm finally starting to enjoy this show a bit. The first several episodes just seemed to ramble pointlessly, but now that the main players have been introduced, it seems like we're finally progressing with an actual plot.

P.S., I suspected that the scarred neck girl had Celty's head.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 3, 2017 12:45 PM

Mar 2016
Simply put, a beautiful episode . I felt happy with a smile on my face when celty finally had a good peacefully dream where she was whole, but I was sad at Shinra's fortune . I suspected the thing with the head in jar and neck scar on seiji's girlfriend but wow seeing it confirmed makes me realize more how fucked up for such a thing to happen .
Sep 14, 2017 6:59 AM
Dec 2012
Good episode considering it was anime exclusive. Also we can confirm the other girl is also Celty or a part of Celty at least.

It looks like its heading somewhere now.
Nov 5, 2017 6:56 PM

Sep 2016
Wasn't best episode this one,but atleast Mika's head seems to be Celty's.
Hoepfuly the next one will be good.
Feb 25, 2018 10:00 AM

Jan 2013
I figured that was her head, now we have it confirmed.
Dec 27, 2018 2:52 PM

Jun 2015
was thinking that was her head, it made sense because of the scar on her neck.
now that the show doesn't seem to ramble on about everything and we have the main characters set, im starting to enjoy it better.
Aug 15, 2019 7:24 AM

May 2016
Thanks to Celty's head's whereabouts being confirmed, the puzzle pieces are coming together even closer and I like it~ Her nice attempt on cooking and her massive insecurity towards it was adorable and it's great that the fortune cookie cleared some things up in her head for once.

Everyone always feel that they're missing something whether it's something as trivial as shoes or something as important as your own head but the search for those lost things may lead to you finding something better on the way like a purpose or something. It's a good thing that the next clue to one's goal is never too far away because it wouldn't be fun if the tracks run cold that far into their journey. Thanks, random foreign lady who's probably doing that as a social experiment for a vlog about Japan.

Even though Anri thanked Mikado for going out of his way to look for her shoes, closing the door on him that quickly was kind of snobby since one usually performs an act of gratitude to at least make it clear that they acknowledge the time and effort they spent to do them a favor.

Sep 1, 2019 5:08 PM

Feb 2019
This anime gets more and more confusing every episode...
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 23, 2020 11:01 PM

Feb 2018
Where's Celty head?
May 9, 2020 3:49 AM

Apr 2013
I totally did not think that this could've been her head, it's a pretty obvious connection though if you think about it. Wish this anime focused more on Celty though, her backstory is the only really interesting somehow.
Dec 12, 2020 1:26 PM

May 2016
I definitely thought was someone else, I imagined her way different but poor doc
love won't be requited, I wonder if that guy is really her boyfriend.

This anime could be one of my favorites depending on how they gonna connect the
whole story together.
Aug 16, 2021 11:43 PM

Aug 2017
Wait, that girl head is Celty's real head? Lmao.

I found Shinra and Celty really cute together in this episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 8, 2021 1:52 AM

May 2020
Finally got to see Celty's head, and seems like Shinra knows a bit about it. Atleast he has connections to that medical facility experimenting on humans.
Apr 17, 2022 10:37 PM

Sep 2018
Some of the pieces are coming together, there were some huge hints about Celty's head and the overall situation and they confirmed it in this episode. Nice episode.
Jun 9, 2022 7:51 AM

Feb 2021
I FUCKING PREDICTED IT!!

That mysterious girl who's apparently Seiji's gf is the head of Celty.

Celty regains her hope that she'll find her head.

I feel pretty bad for Shinra. His love will go unrequited... :(

Great episode!

Aug 12, 2022 2:10 PM

May 2018
Oh shit... Celty's head is in love with another man lol
Sep 2, 2022 9:06 AM
Aug 2022
trash trash trash trash is trash
Nov 6, 2022 9:10 PM
Apr 2020
It was good and I liked it.
Jan 4, 2023 9:28 AM
Mar 2020
Idk why, but this one really hit me in my feels.
Jan 5, 2023 7:06 AM
May 2020
this runs much deeper now, how does the head link with that student
Mar 25, 2023 1:40 PM

Feb 2018
Well, looks like we found out what Celty looks like, and where her head is now.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.