Forum Settings
Forums

[Application] Zulkia [Anime Indexer/Streamer]

New
Jun 4, 2017 4:45 PM

Jun 2017
Alright so I made this post 2/3 years ago now and I have not maintained it at all lmao. Lets just entirely rewrite it because a lot has changed since the last update, namely an entire rewrite in a different programming language (a language I am not familiar with mind you).

This program is essentially just MAL but local, will add ability to sync with MAL eventually, with the ability to take you to anime streaming sites (currently only twist.moe, shall implement more).
When I was 16, I created the original version because I didn't know MAL existed. Now I just prefer it because its a whole lot faster and I can customize it however I want (namely streaming sites).

Screenshots:
Watch List
Adding Anime

Instructions:
1. Start program (bruh)
2. Go to the watch or watched tab
3. Press the ± button at the top left
4. Enter in the anime name and comment (comment is simply additional information for personal use)
5. Press Add
6. ???
7. Profit

Program is still being developed, its not perfect

Source code:
https://github.com/bonezone2001/anime-manager

Download:
https://github.com/bonezone2001/anime-manager/releases
AcidShroomsFeb 23, 2020 8:22 AM
Jun 5, 2017 1:50 AM

Jan 2015
You're going to be something big when you grow up
They said "There is no santa clause" I simply asked them "If santa clause isn't real then are you?" After that the voices in my head stopped speaking to me
Jun 5, 2017 2:30 AM

Oct 2014
is this the same thing as malclient? it's a windows 10 application right?
Jun 5, 2017 12:25 PM

Jun 2017
NewComerEden said:
You're going to be something big when you grow up

Hehe thank you dude
Jun 5, 2017 12:40 PM

Jun 2017
Cnon said:

Well its not a universal windows application/windows store thing but i guess its similar (i didn't know malclient existed). My program will download + display the images of everything you have in your watch/watched list, display the myanimelist description of it and allow you to click the images to take you directly to where you can stream it (on masteranime). All is done by simply entering the anime name and my program handles the rest (which is the problem i had a problem achieving)
AcidShroomsAug 7, 2017 8:18 AM
Jun 5, 2017 12:54 PM

Oct 2014
AcidShrooms said:
Cnon said:

Well its not a universal windows application/windows store thing but i guess its similar (i didn't know malclient existed). My program will download + display the images of everything you have in your watch/watched list, display the myanimelist description of it and allow you to click the images to take you directly to where you can stream it (on masteranime). All is done by simply entering the anime name and my program handles the rest (which is the problem i had a massive achieving)

being able to watch episodes from the application is really cool. I'll check it out.
Jun 5, 2017 12:59 PM

Jun 2017
Cnon said:
AcidShrooms said:

Well its not a universal windows application/windows store thing but i guess its similar (i didn't know malclient existed). My program will download + display the images of everything you have in your watch/watched list, display the myanimelist description of it and allow you to click the images to take you directly to where you can stream it (on masteranime). All is done by simply entering the anime name and my program handles the rest (which is the problem i had a massive achieving)

being able to watch episodes from the application is really cool. I'll check it out.

I am working on the built-in episode viewer right now so i will push that update in like an hour. Right now though it will still directly send you to the anime page with all the episodes on it. Thank you for the feedback dude. Its my first time releasing it to the public so there may be bugs... i am only a single guy xD.
Jun 5, 2017 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
AcidShrooms said:
Cnon said:

I am working on the built-in episode viewer right now so i will push that update in like an hour. Right now though it will still directly send you to the anime page with all the episodes on it. Thank you for the feedback dude. Its my first time releasing it to the public so there may be bugs... i am only a single guy xD.

iit's okay I made a few programs too they weren't perfect
Jun 5, 2017 1:18 PM

Jun 2017
Cnon said:
AcidShrooms said:

Yeah. Its mainly the animations on the side panel that get to me. They are a bit janky when the watch/watched list is populated.
Jun 5, 2017 1:25 PM

Oct 2014
AcidShrooms said:
Cnon said:

Yeah. Its mainly the animations on the side panel that get to me. They are a bit janky when the watch/watched list is populated.

I only know some c++ and winapi never tried c# or java so I can't really help.
Jun 5, 2017 1:28 PM

Jun 2016
Looks really interesting. Will definitely download it later today. A built-in episode viewer would be amazing.
Jun 5, 2017 1:32 PM

Jun 2017
SuperMatt said:
Looks really interesting. Will definitely download it later today. A built-in episode viewer would be amazing.

Thank you so much ;P
Jun 5, 2017 3:13 PM

Jun 2017
Cnon said:
AcidShrooms said:

Accidentally left in a bug that caused the program not to work at all. Fixed in new update (you have to have 'Anime:' at the top of your Need to watch.txt core file. When the file didn't exist - doesn't ship with program - it would create a file without this 'Anime:' first line)
Jun 5, 2017 3:32 PM

Oct 2014
AcidShrooms said:
Cnon said:

Accidentally left in a bug that caused the program not to work at all. Fixed in new update (you have to have 'Anime:' at the top of your Need to watch.txt core file. When the file didn't exist - doesn't ship with program - it would create a file without this 'Anime:' first line)

ok I'll update asap
Jun 5, 2017 3:38 PM

Jun 2017
Cnon said:
AcidShrooms said:

ok I'll update asap

Okaii, Just wanted to let you know its not just a broken tool xD.
The program has auto update so its all good
Jun 5, 2017 5:43 PM

Dec 2012
Won't run, I'm connected and where do I get the update? Only dl'ed from the link you provided.
Jun 5, 2017 5:46 PM

Jun 2017
Roth said:
Won't run, I'm connected and where do I get the update? Only dl'ed from the link you provided.

try the new link? The program has auto update but if you cant even load the form then it wont trigger the update. I changed the link to the latest version. If not then ill try provide possible dependencies to make the exe fully portable.
Jun 5, 2017 5:50 PM

Dec 2012
AcidShrooms said:
Roth said:

try the new link? The program has auto update but if you cant even load the form then it wont trigger the update. I changed the link to the latest version. If not then ill try provide possible dependencies to make the exe fully portable.
It won't run, do you need the debug?
Jun 5, 2017 5:52 PM

Jun 2017
Roth said:
AcidShrooms said:

It won't run, do you need the debug?

Hmmm. Yeh please. Ill look into it rn
Jun 5, 2017 5:53 PM

Dec 2012
AcidShrooms said:
Jun 5, 2017 5:55 PM

Jun 2017
Roth said:
AcidShrooms said:

ahh missing dependencies. Ill fix it and push the update in 2 seconds
Jun 5, 2017 5:58 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome. I'll try it then :-)
Jun 5, 2017 6:01 PM

Jun 2017
Roth said:
Awesome. I'll try it then :-)

It should be fixed now. You will need to redownload it though. Thank you ;P
Jun 5, 2017 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Damn. This looks absolutely incredible. Congrats on the top notch work man, only 16 and pulling stuff like this. You gonna go far kiddo.
Jun 5, 2017 6:08 PM

Dec 2012
It's working now. Really love your layout, easy on the eyes (reminds me of Pocket Mal). Small but try to change this?. I'd recommend http://9anime.to for an alternative to watch, never used Masterani.
Jun 5, 2017 6:09 PM

Jun 2017
Soul-Master said:
Damn. This looks absolutely incredible. Congrats on the top notch work man, only 16 and pulling stuff like this. You gonna go far kiddo.

Hehe thank you very much. You lovely people help me fix the issues with it though ;P
Jun 5, 2017 6:12 PM

Jun 2017
Roth said:
It's working now. Really love your layout, easy on the eyes (reminds me of Pocket Mal). Small but try to change this?. I'd recommend http://9anime.to for an alternative to watch, never used Masterani.

ummm rookie mistake. I forgot to change the form name... For god sake xD.
Ill get right on it, ill also add options to customise the different anime providers. Ill include your 9anime.to suggestion.
NOTE: just checked 9anime.to's javascript and they use a extremely similar search engine to masterani.me's. I can implement a option to change providers pretty easily.
Jun 6, 2017 8:24 AM
MALClient dev

Oct 2015
Good job!

When I was 16, I only knew basics of c++ ^^

I'd recommend moving from WinForms to WPF (or UWP) though. Forms are ancient now and there's little point in learning/doing anything with them now.

Did you think about making it open-source on github?
I made Windows 10 and Android MALClient apps! Source!
Jun 6, 2017 8:41 AM

Jun 2017
Drutol said:
Good job!

When I was 16, I only knew basics of c++ ^^

I'd recommend moving from WinForms to WPF (or UWP) though. Forms are ancient now and there's little point in learning/doing anything with them now.

Did you think about making it open-source on github?

Yeah i'ma make it open source pretty soon. Just need to fix a few things that i don't like about the coding/workarounds. I wanted to switch to WPF but i've always used winforms so i just haven't got around to using it
Jun 8, 2017 5:49 PM

Jun 2017

Entire UI rework. Much much smoother both in look and performance. Ill push the update maybe tomorrow or the day after. Still need to finish it with the new api.

V2.1.0
- UI
• Faster startup times
• Smoother Animation
• Better performance
• Sharp edges instead of rounded edges
• Additional animations
• Possibly customisation
-Code
• Improved multi threading
• More back-end xaml code
• Maybe open source soon
... More stuff (still working on it)
AcidShroomsJun 8, 2017 6:02 PM
Jul 31, 2017 1:46 PM
Lovely person

Mar 2016
The GitHub page returns a 404 error, and the direct download link shows a Name Resolution Failed error.
Have you updated the link or something?
Jul 31, 2017 1:54 PM

Jun 2017
FoxInFlame said:
The GitHub page returns a 404 error, and the direct download link shows a Name Resolution Failed error.
Have you updated the link or something?

Ill go and fix it right now

EDIT: Fixed
AcidShroomsJul 31, 2017 2:06 PM
Aug 2, 2017 1:36 AM
Lovely person

Mar 2016
Hmm, I simply get this upon launching...

Aug 2, 2017 4:15 AM

Jun 2017
FoxInFlame said:
Hmm, I simply get this upon launching...

Try the new download link. I removed the update check and user counter since i changed servers.. Ill readd them later. If it doesn't work then please post the contents of the debug.txt file C;
Oct 10, 2018 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
Just found out about this. Looks really good. Would it be possible to provide download links? The ones posted are not working anymore.
Oct 10, 2018 5:36 AM

Jun 2017
ye sorry. I kinda lost track of this post. I still use it personally. Lemme update them
Oct 10, 2018 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
AcidShrooms said:
ye sorry. I kinda lost track of this post. I still use it personally. Lemme update them
Thank you very much! Will wait for the updated links.
Oct 10, 2018 8:24 AM

Jun 2017
Sorry it took so long. I was working on some modifications of a slightly newer version. The link has been updated
Oct 10, 2018 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
AcidShrooms said:
Sorry it took so long. I was working on some modifications of a slightly newer version. The link has been updated
It's alright. I just tested it and it's working :) Thanks again!
Oct 10, 2018 9:39 AM

Nov 2017
AcidShrooms said:
I don't know if its against the rules but i made a program to help index and keep track of all the anime you plan to watch and have watched.
I put a LOT of time into this programs automation tasks and this is the result. It was created by me to simply make my life easier (i like to automate tasks and MY MEMORY is literally the worst thing in the world) -> thought id release it because why not?

Created by Kyle Pelham

Screenshots:

Instructions: (please wait for program to initialize during startup)
1. Start the program and goto the edit tab
2. Add the anime you would like by either:
entering its name into the anime box (and a note in the comment box) and pressing 'add'
or
pressing the 'edit' button and editing the current tabs text file manually (default is watch)

EXAMPLE:

3. After adding the things you have either watched or are planning to watch, simply press the watch/watched button and let my program retrieve the images.
4. Click the anime you would like and the page to watch it will load.
5. ???

Virus scan:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c398754b9111168588d2d38710f1c958b57a6ca971940b796de8de656b582d95/analysis/1496619123/
NOTE: The two 'high confidence' detections are there because i scrambled/obfuscated the program so people cannot rip off my work and call it theirs.

IMPORTANT:
My program isn't perfect and cannot always receive the anime's watch page (typically the anime name is either too long/short or contains characters that don't play nice with master anime's page elements). The program will initiate a manual search in its place.
Please report bugs. ;P

Download (14MB):
https://mega.nz/#!gZtBSAzJ!iuM7J8QEIcRX3H6TA1C5RujzH2Q8RpEEW850bSyhNqM
that's awesome u are doing great hope u can make something big as a fellow programmer I wanna say ur fantastic keep it up.
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Oct 11, 2018 10:18 AM

Jun 2017
thank you. Its a little old but it still works alright. I actually coded all of it from scratch since i was too lazy to look up an api when i originally coded it and after i remade it, the majority of the public apis i tested were slower than this code (except for mainstream cached anime) so i just kept it the same :0

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
26 minutes ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - 27 minutes ago

0 by panque »»
27 minutes ago

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
1 hour ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
1 hour ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

25 by hypergoob »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.