Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, there's a feeling of missing family after the recent departure.

My favorite moment this episode is when Benten makes a timely intervention near the end. Such power and authority even as an observer during this whole election thing. Rivalries mean serious business for Benten.
Stark700Jun 4, 2017 8:00 AM
Jun 4, 2017 8:00 AM

Sep 2015
Bow down to Benten. The hierarchy of Uchouten world, Tengu > Human > Tanuki.

A bit disappointed the production did not address Yasaburo and Kaisei's scene, eventhou its not something difficult to explain. Well this means they move the explanation to the last episode instead.

Anyway the exciting part starting novel last chapter 7.
valvravetruthJun 4, 2017 8:14 AM
Jun 4, 2017 8:24 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yajirou leaving for a while was pretty emotional, music was top here. Him mentioning having Gyokuran has a sister had her and Yaichirou blushing all over the place. Yasaborou's face was smug as shit XD

That flashback though! It's like nothing happened besides Benten walking past Nidaime in England (that's how they met i'm fully assuming) but it was still tense. She looked like she was in pain even before meeting him. What happened, TELL ME!

I wouldn't have thought that i'd root for Benten to be taught a lesson again against Nidaime, but here we are again. Nidaime needs to put her down again, me thinks.

Also Ginkaku and Kinkaku had me laughing, that was hilarious. Is this foreshadowing for Yasaburou changing his lifestyle maybe?
SmudyJun 4, 2017 8:28 AM
Jun 4, 2017 8:49 AM

May 2015
Oh damn, the conflict between Nidaime and Benten is sure reaching a high point and things surely are about to go down with that ending!

Fantastic episode as usual.

Jun 4, 2017 8:52 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Looks like shit's going down next episode !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 4, 2017 9:07 AM

Jan 2015
A nice episode but not what i was expecting. I expected a follow up with Kaisei scene :( that made me really emotional last week.
Still the episode had some nice moments Yaijiro is going to the next journey but his mother couldnt bring herself to see him off (can understand that) she wasnt confident if she would let him go.
Good to see idiot brothers evolving from idiots into Buddha monks (Thanks to their's brother's help.)
Was nice to see Kureichirou backing up Yaichirou with being the next head of tanukis. that was actually a really sweet scene with other calling him NEW GENERATION. GO Yaichirou.

Nidaima's indebted to Yasaburou huh so that's partially why he agreed to being an observer not to mention that they literally pleaded for help. Was interesting to see how he met Benten. I wonder if he realized that she doeesnt want to be a tengu and just wants to save her from this fate that was forced upon her by her master. I don't think he hates her LET ALONE Loathes her.

Angry Benten arrived at the scene blowing the huge wind which turned everyone into a helpless tanuki. (in the end that's how helpless tanukis are) I like how Yasaburou wanted to sway her that everything is fine by saying "That fool's blood runs through his veins made him do those peculiar things"
Well he didnt in the end choose who he likes more her or Nidaima and Benten is angry thats not her. I know its not because of feelings but because of her rivalry with Nidaima but still one can only hope :)

I only type so much for my favorite animes :3 and now the long week wait is coming. Can't wait just can't wait to see more of Kaisei and meanwhile gonna listen to ED 2 like a madman for god knows how many times now. I really hope Kaisei ship sails Aww.
Jun 4, 2017 9:15 AM

Nov 2016
Yasaburou, my boy, I'm so proud of you!

I'm going to miss Yajirou, the frog-in-the-well scenes were always so peaceful.

I can't wait to see how the conflict between Benten and the Nidaime will end. And also what in the world is Tenmaya's goal.
Jun 4, 2017 9:25 AM
May 2013
I was hoping that they would continue from last ep's ending scene with Kaisei and Yasaburou..

I'm definitely going to miss Yajirou (especially his voice) ... His human form is the coolest among them.. (for me)

Yasaburou definitely made things interesting ....

Is it just me or does anyone else feel a bit of jealousy from Benten when Yasaborou couldn't/didn't choose between her and Nidaime??

Its gonna be an intense battle .... Only 3 more Eps....
Jun 4, 2017 10:22 AM
Feb 2017
Eeeehm quick question. Is the light novel finished? If so, do we have closures on who ends up with who?
Jun 4, 2017 10:45 AM
Mar 2015
The haggis is in the fire for sure
Jun 4, 2017 11:58 AM

Sep 2015
They just move on from last week episode like nothing happen (even need to make sure check last episode if got wrong episode)

Just the hell Benten want i can't understand
Into the Internet!
Jun 4, 2017 12:25 PM

Oct 2010
Nidaime vs Benten round 2 next week, and I don't foresee an upset. The fact that Nidaime can flatten Benten without even moving shows a power difference unlikely to be compensated with a few weeks time.
Jun 4, 2017 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
Yasaburou really stoked the flames this time. Heck, I wonder just how he's going to manage getting out of this situation without getting eaten by Benten out of spite.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 4, 2017 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
I'm going to miss seeing Yajiro in his frog form, but at least we will see him again in the next episode though. =)

As for Yasaburo, he and Yachiro was able to convince Nidaime to be the observer, but that has left Benten rather unamused, so she decides to wreck the event. With Nidaime arriving shortly after, it's turned into a standoff between the two again.

If they do fight, hopefully it won't be the same quick result as last time, but hopefully Yasaburo will get himself an his family out of this situation without one of them being thrown into a hotpot.

Very good episode overall. =)
Jun 4, 2017 3:14 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Your plan is working, Yasaburo. But will you survive,...or is that not necessary for success?
Jun 4, 2017 6:00 PM

Jan 2013
Strange that Benten called herself human. I hope this upcoming conflict won't be over in a flash. I'm not sure what specific powers Tengus' have that make them so feared, I'd like to see them on display.
Jun 4, 2017 7:05 PM
May 2010
I still wonder what is Yasaburo trying to achieve with this gamble of him. In the previous episodes he himself clearly said not to get involved with tengus' quarrel, yet there he goes doing it.

HelpMeFindAnime said:
Eeeehm quick question. Is the light novel finished? If so, do we have closures on who ends up with who?

If I'm not wrong this supposed to be a trilogy novel where the current season is the second part and the third part is not done yet. I don't remember where I read this though so yeah, I could be wrong here
Jun 4, 2017 7:10 PM

Feb 2012
Kin088 said:
I was hoping that they would continue from last ep's ending scene with Kaisei and Yasaburou..

Same here. I thought i actually missed an episode. Wanted to see more Kaisei!

Benten just had to interfere. She has really become arrogant. Nidaime should slap her silly, back to being humble. Even though nidaime is powerful, at least he doesn't boast his powers and actually stays behind the scenes.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 4, 2017 7:39 PM

Nov 2008
Benten has certainly turned into the Queen Ice Bitch here. I hope that seeing this version of Benten finally gets Yasaburo to get over his crush on her.
Jun 4, 2017 10:15 PM

Jun 2012
Seems like Benten and the Nidaime have a thing for each other
Jun 5, 2017 7:10 AM
Dec 2013
I don't know why I always have this feel that Nidaime and Benten will be together.... like lovers/boyfriend & girl friend relationship at the end.
Jun 5, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2015
RediceRyan said:
Strange that Benten called herself human

Why? Benten is indeed a human. Of course she sees herself to be a tengu most of the time. But in this episode she called herself a human, just to imply she can eats tanuki. Because tengu don't eat tanuki, human does.
Jun 5, 2017 4:20 PM

Jul 2015
I'm gonna miss that lovable frog, he was awesome. But troubles a brewin once again. Nidaime vs Benten, round 2. Also really like that theme that plays whenever Nidaime shows up anywhere there's another Tengu and things get serious. I want more Kaisei though.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 5, 2017 8:54 PM

Nov 2013
agree with the others about sad that the Kaisei and Yasaburou thing wasn't addressed x'D
Hopefully in another episode.

Also am I the only one who's going to be super ticked off if Nidaime and Benten end up together?
Just make it a rivalry, plz don't make it a romance...
Jun 5, 2017 9:21 PM

Oct 2012
Doyagao

Lol @ Ginkaku & Kinkaku, I feel disgusted seeing them like that :P

I guess what Yasaburou said is true, nothing can undo his transformation except Kaisei

Now I can imagine Benten putting in Yasaburou to hot pot xD
Shit is going to go down in the next episode
"Signature removed"
Jun 6, 2017 10:41 AM

Sep 2015
I'd say I'm kind of going to miss seeing Yajiro. But he was featured prominently in the next episodes preview. So at the very least we'll get a peek into his travels. It may just dominate all of episode ten though. Still I really liked all the different characters ways of saying goodbye to him at the train station. And afterwards it was cool to see the Pool Prince Mom again. Pretty sure that's the first time in this season, she's taken that form.

Lot of scheming in this episode. Don't really trust those Ebisugawa brothers. They seemed like they were playing some game. Still a little unsure about the oldest brother too, though he seems less suspicious. But more importantly Yasaburo deliberately starts a conflict between Benten and the Nidaime. Like him I'm fairly ambivalent to the outcome. I enjoy both characters and at this point I have no idea who will come out on top. But I am curious what Yasaburo's game is. Is he doing it for the pure amusement of mischief as he claims? And if not for who's sake did he initiate this showdown? Guess I'll have to just keep watching.
Jun 6, 2017 5:25 PM

Apr 2015
Speaking on anime only, I get that these youkai are strange, and act stranger than I'm used to after watching anime for 20 years (which is strange in itself). But am I supposed to have some empathy for Benten?
I know she was stolen from that beach at a young age by Akadama, but the creators didn't give me any other reason to empathize with her.
I was SO HAPPY when I saw her defeated in the river a few episodes ago. Before that, I was thinking on giving up on this anime. A little.
Jun 6, 2017 7:28 PM

Mar 2013
Yajiro goes on his journey. It was nice seeing him in human form again.
That blushing when mentioning the lady would be his older sister when he comes back xD
That ending. Looks like more Nidaime VS Benten conflicts again-- I wonder what happened when they met in England...

@BonkyTrollDoll
I keep waiting for every moment Nidaime defeats Benten. It made me happy too :p
KilikcliaJun 6, 2017 7:32 PM
Jun 8, 2017 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
feel the terrifying wrath of Benten-sama!
on the end it is like there would be an awesome clash!
4/5.

Jun 8, 2017 7:10 PM

Dec 2008
Benten was entertaining in the first season. Now, I can't stand her. The Nidaime needs to beat the shit out of her! Something horrible needs to happen to Akadama as well since he's responsible for the way Benten is.
Jun 10, 2017 6:34 PM

Jul 2014
Alyxsandre said:
Also am I the only one who's going to be super ticked off if Nidaime and Benten end up together?
Just make it a rivalry, plz don't make it a romance...

While they look nice together, I would hate to see Nidaime falling for her like very other person in their world, I want at least for Benten to be the chasing party. I hope that the gaze he gave her in London wasn't love or something.
Benten is annoying at this point, I'm going to root for Nidaime so much the next episode.
Jun 11, 2017 9:29 PM

Nov 2013
deadoptimist said:
While they look nice together, I would hate to see Nidaime falling for her like very other person in their world, I want at least for Benten to be the chasing party. I hope that the gaze he gave her in London wasn't love or something.
Benten is annoying at this point, I'm going to root for Nidaime so much the next episode.

Indeed. Nidaime FTW * - * /

I feel like Benten just needs some more development. She's kinda stayed pretty stagnant for the entire season and the previous one so far.
Jun 12, 2017 4:36 AM

Jul 2014
Alyxsandre said:
I feel like Benten just needs some more development. She's kinda stayed pretty stagnant for the entire season and the previous one so far.

Guess, she is ideal, from the author's pov, but it's just so, so nice to see her getting smacked by consequences of her actions. No matter how pretty of a budding tengu you are, you have to choose whether you're a human or a tengu, you can't eat tanuki and then be their honored guest both.
Jun 12, 2017 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
Yasaburo, I am disappointed, proves to be very stupid. Having Benten on his side is a problem, but his power can defend, even tanuki. I was hoping that the confrontation between Benten and the Successor would be successful, but we have to wait a little longer, maybe. The departure of Yajiro made me sad.
Jun 16, 2017 10:59 PM

Mar 2009
Yajiro's come a long way. Good for him.
Jul 13, 2017 4:00 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was so uneventful and full of empty talk I almost fell asleep during watching it, *yawn*.

And it's even worse.. the end is obviously leading to a big conflict, again caused by Yasaburo's meddling and I was screaming internally that his previous character developement was scrapped or even halted this time. Did he already forget that it was HIS doing that caused Soun's death? Why haven't he learnt a thing from it ffs? Why his actor dubbed him differently than in all the previous series, purpotedly emphasizing his prankster heritage for the sake of the plot, when he was portrayed differently before? I understand he's probably trying to sort ways of those three tengus but why he had to endanger literally everyone else by this conflict? Why suddenly side with Nidaime when he was all in for Benten before? Why he has to be so stupid (on purpose) when he was so clever before? Why did they make the last episode with Kaisei pretty much irrelevant, not even mentioning what happened after that?

Questions, questions.. the story looks good at first look but when you look closer you'll find many illogicalities and plotholes.. and with this series, one would think they actually care a lot about proper character developement bud sadly, this isn't true.

And that's why this series is a flop for me so far.

Just a sidenote: the PV for the next episode seemed like homage to Pom Poko's story.. I wonder.
Jul 20, 2017 1:16 AM

Apr 2015
Mich666 said:
This episode was so uneventful and full of empty talk I almost fell asleep during watching it, *yawn*.

And it's even worse.. the end is obviously leading to a big conflict, again caused by Yasaburo's meddling and I was screaming internally that his previous character developement was scrapped or even halted this time. Did he already forget that it was HIS doing that caused Soun's death? Why haven't he learnt a thing from it ffs? Why his actor dubbed him differently than in all the previous series, purpotedly emphasizing his prankster heritage for the sake of the plot, when he was portrayed differently before? I understand he's probably trying to sort ways of those three tengus but why he had to endanger literally everyone else by this conflict? Why suddenly side with Nidaime when he was all in for Benten before? Why he has to be so stupid (on purpose) when he was so clever before?

To say that Yasaburo's character development was scrapped because he somehow realized he should have stopped meddling after Soun's death is beyond ridiculous. Never did the series give us reason to think so. Yasaburo in that episode "meddled" to save the professor's life, which he did. An unintended consequence was that the *meddling Benten* made him a Friday fellow. Soun's RAGE at that and his transformation into an oni was what got him killed - NOT Yasaburo. Moreover, Soun losing his bid for a position in the fellows means he would no longer attempt to kill all of Yasaburo's family as he declared to intend in the episode he sent Yasaburo to hell to DIE. So there was no character development like the one you speak of. Instead, the take-away message of that episode was that furballs, no matter how villainous or good, are just inconsequential things to humans and can be killed by them at any time. Yasaburo mourned Soun like his own dad cause in the end they were foolish and helpless tanuki that found the same fate: killed by the Friday club, largely due to Benten. Finally, Yasaburo was given clear instructions by his grandmother that in the chaos that will follow he has to keep moving and making trouble. He even recounts this out loud while thinking what to do.
Aug 3, 2017 10:50 PM

Aug 2012
-somehow yajiro's voice is more befitting of his frog form than his human one
-huh, for once, the entire pre-OP scene was actually pretty good
-uh it might be a little late but the little talk between yaichiro and yasaburo after the OP just reminded me of how season 1 ended, and i had forgotten about it until now
-for the first time in forever, yasaburo actually feels like yasaburo with that plan to stir shit up by using the nidaime
-alright seriously this whole negotiation deal is super reminiscent of the best parts of the first season - where the fuck has this type of dialogue been for the last few episodes
-nidaime talking the most sense out of anyone so far in the show with that comment about benten
-alright never mind about me thinking kureichiro was a decent person, that dude literally killed kinkaku and ginkaku
-i still gotta give this show props for conventionally animating all of the crowds (at least, that i've noticed)
-seems like benten's gone full antagonist mode, which is actually a pleasant development because it means the rest of the cast can stop irrationally kissing her ass

Despite the general presence of Benten in this episode, this actually felt like an Eccentric Family episode. It's been way too long without general Yasaburo shenanigans (it's been in a drought since like episode 5), and this episode helped me remember that this specific element of the show is one of the things I enjoyed the most about the first season. Unfortunately, it came at the sacrifice of Kinkaku and Ginkaku but they seem to be acting proper through gritted teeth, so their former (more fun) selves could possibly make a return at some point. In any case, this was a giant step up from episodes 7 and 8.
Nov 14, 2017 3:49 PM

Jan 2014
Oh damn, a fight is about to go down. Exciting.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 23, 2017 4:29 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Looking forwards to see what's up.
Dec 7, 2017 11:11 PM

Mar 2015
Hohoho shit's gonna go down!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 10, 2020 2:06 PM

Nov 2016
Bit of a bummer that the transition between episodes isn't as seamless, but wow, shit is going down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 16, 2020 9:13 AM

May 2016
They give pieces of info and leave it there... I wanted to see more of Kaise.

Nidame and Benten fight!!!
Feb 4, 2023 9:37 PM

Jan 2021
I'm so happy to see that Yajirou can fully change to human form, he looks handsome T--T ♡♡ I hope he doesn't forget to take the medicine grandma gave him, lest he turn into a frog again! Honestly that overly laid back nature makes me a bit worried....

I'm getting fed up with Benten. She keeps saying "I am a human, after all" but keeps acting like a tengu. And if she feels like her position is starting to weaken, she will give the tanuki the fear that she is someone who eats tanuki nabe. If her own conflict is that she has an identity crisis because she is not a tengu but not fully human either then I don't know what else to say.

But come to think of it, Kaisei is really great, huh.. only she can make Yasaburou change back to his tanuki form. Honestly, it's a bit sad that there is no continuation about them from the previous ep scene.

Can't wait to see what will happen again between Benten and Nidaime.

More topics from this board

» Why this show is still overrated?

Misanthropian - Apr 25, 2017

45 by blinddig »»
Mar 10, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

48 by blinddig »»
Mar 10, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

113 by Atavistic »»
Jan 23, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2017

51 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:44 PM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2017

46 by hanakocheeks »»
Feb 5, 2023 7:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.