Forum Settings
Forums

FUNimation Targets ‘Pirate’ Streaming Site KissAnime

New
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jun 5, 2017 4:23 AM
Feb 2017
what happens if kissanimee really got shutdown?

Please click the egg it helps me a lot.

Jun 5, 2017 4:33 AM
Jul 2015
JustALEX said:
Shut up about what you think we want and actually take the time to research what it is that fans want!

No. They did that more than 10 years ago and nobody bought it because the fansubs are free and the same stuff. They released DVD with subs only for cheap and it was rotting on the shelves.

A dub is different. There's the huge casual market that is willing to pay top dollar for shitty dubs because they are either too stupid or too lazy to read subs. They sell truckloads of shitty dubbed shows and make money. That's why more and more stuff is licensed and dubbed. They wouldn't do it if there'd be no market for that.

Sub only fags on the other hand rarely pay because they can get the same stuff for free. It's always been that way. We traded tapes and later discs with fansubs on the schoolyard. That behaviour is hard to change.

If you want dubs you can pay or you are an asshole. But watching unlicensed stuff with fansubs is hardly criminal. It's illegal, for sure. But the japanese don't care about a fat and sweaty neckbeard that streams a 10 year old show that is not licensed here. The license for many old shows ran out and I have to regrets pirating those. Nobody gets hurt and nobody loses money.
Jun 5, 2017 4:34 AM

Aug 2008
While I don't support pirate, this is still pointless because pirate always found it's way in the internet. If I'm a illegal streamer, I wouldn't be concern about this at all.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 5, 2017 4:38 AM

Sep 2014
Kuromii said:
cHowaito said:
.si and pantsu are bad copies. Almost an insult to the original but there's nothing else so I'm working with .si for now.

.si has many of the same staff working on it as the original did. I'm not sure how that makes it a bad copy. Pantsu though, yes.

Did you use Nyaa frequently before? Do you use the new nyaa sites now?
You mention the same staff but that doesn't mean they're going down the same path as before. Perhaps they can't, the difference is nonetheless quite obvious.
Jun 5, 2017 4:42 AM

Apr 2016
Looks like a storm is coming. After the torrent, now the stream. What's next i wonder.
Jun 5, 2017 4:43 AM

Sep 2014
Wisesa_Syauqi said:
what happens if kissanimee really got shutdown?

Probably a shame if it were to happen but have you even... never mind. Anyways, there are plenty of other sites to replace it.

If there's a will, there's a way
Jun 5, 2017 4:45 AM

Sep 2014
CzeroC said:
Looks like a storm is coming. After the torrent, now the stream. What's next i wonder.

I can't imagine that every torrenting/streaming site can go down but if it by any chance actually happens I'll be in deep shit. I don't wanna get addicted to video games, anime is a way better way to waste spend my time.
Jun 5, 2017 4:48 AM

Aug 2014
CzeroC said:

Torrenting seems dead lately, it was a thing past few years, i barely find a website that introduce Anime torrenting.

If Streams actually targeted means they'll also Target FanSubbing (it was mentioned not long ago) and Websites that also offers anime Downloading.
Jun 5, 2017 4:51 AM

Apr 2016
cHowaito said:
I can't imagine that every torrenting/streaming site can go down but if it by any chance actually happens I'll be in deep shit. I don't wanna get addicted to video games, anime is a way better way to waste spend my time.

You don't have to be that worried, what i said was mere obligatory, i already knew that pirating is never ever going to cease to exist, as long as there is Internet lol. On a side note, i agree that anime is a better way to spend/waste time than game.

Xaelath said:
Torrenting seems dead lately, it was a thing past few years, i barely find a website that introduce Anime torrenting.

If Streams actually targeted means they'll also Target FanSubbing (it was mentioned not long ago) and Websites that also offers anime Downloading.

Nyaa.si is still active, i believe there're many several site out there as well that are either unpopular or hidden too well. If most of the torrent (old one maybe) die, then i believe we still have Mega host out there but the downloading rate is going to be insane for free user. Just my suggestion though, someone might come up with something better in the long run, for now i guess we'll just have to cope with anything we can.
CzeroCJun 5, 2017 4:57 AM
Jun 5, 2017 4:59 AM

Aug 2014
CzeroC said:
cHowaito said:

You don't have to be that worried, what i said was mere obligatory, i already knew that pirating is never ever going to cease to exist, as long as there is Internet lol. On a side note, i agree that anime is a better way to spend/waste time than game.

But Why?

Anime - You spend time watching and supporting the studios via subscribing/purchasing physical/digital stuff.

Video Games - Pretty much playing, 1 times purchase (unless you're playing F2P which currently in a bad state) and shows support by purchasing the retail/digital.

Addicted to video games likely to happen if the person play online multiplayer, rarely occured to single player game.
Jun 5, 2017 5:09 AM

Jan 2017
I can see Funimation's point of view but at the same time, they need to be putting more effort into the own streaming services if they really want more people to use their site. As it stands now, it sucks imo and isn't worth subscribing to. Regardless, as many have said, as long as the Internet exists pirating will exist. Kissanime is just one of the many sites out there that provides pirated content.

im weeb trash

Jun 5, 2017 5:18 AM

Apr 2016
Xaelath said:
But Why?

Anime - You spend time watching and supporting the studios via subscribing/purchasing physical/digital stuff.

Video Games - Pretty much playing, 1 times purchase (unless you're playing F2P which currently in a bad state) and shows support by purchasing the retail/digital.

Addicted to video games likely to happen if the person play online multiplayer, rarely occured to single player game.

I'm not sure which one you are addressing so i'll answer both.

As for torrenting/streamming, i don't think you can count every single site that's literally pirating, i'm an asian so i can cope with both English and my mother-tongue, so even if all the stream site in foreign die, i still have backup in my homeland (i personally enjoy English subtitle as they do a better job).

Torrenting/Downloading has never been a problem to me, if the torrent die, i'll opt for MEGA and even GGDrive from unknown uploader (whom i really appreciate as i got the link from a mediator), for MEGA the download is going to take some times due to limit but it shouldn't be too much of a big deal. So the idea of taking down pirating is like chopping Hydra's head, cut off 1 and 2 shall rise.

Regarding game, i fall into the type that can't enjoy a game for a stable time, it's like when it reach a definite playtime i'll get bored of it and decide to drop. The longest time that i spend playing an online game is 4 years, and after all of my friends left i got no reason to stay anymore and bit it farewell. We all have different method to find entertainment, hope that helps.
Jun 5, 2017 5:35 AM

May 2016
its ironic that they targeted pirates by tracking down one piece streamers. dont they know that KA is part of the strawhats and will one day be king of the pirates! the marines and funi will never catch them!
I only have a hundred anime on my list, so my opinions dont matter...
Jun 5, 2017 6:50 AM

Nov 2016
FUNimation trying to stop KA? Ha.

Jokes on them, it's still not going to stop me from watching anime on pirated sites.

If I ever choose to buy a subscription service for anime, it would be Crunchyroll.
"Estamos en la mierda joder" -DJMaRiiO
Jun 5, 2017 8:17 AM

Apr 2011
Literally I buy dvds after I watch and enjoy a show on streaming websites. Same with music! Companies should understand that sort of thing by now.
Jun 5, 2017 8:24 AM

Jan 2015
space-bear said:
Literally I buy dvds after I watch and enjoy a show on streaming websites. Same with music! Companies should understand that sort of thing by now.

Yeah, but they're streaming platforms, they don't create content. So they don't give a damn if you buy BDs or DVDs or merch, since they don't get anything from it. They're as much leeching from animation studios as illegal streaming sites, except they decided to burden themselves with the law so they have a subpar offer.
Edit: except if you're buying the english dubs, cause in this case they're maybe touching a comission.
Jun 5, 2017 8:25 AM

Oct 2007
cHowaito said:
Kuromii said:

.si has many of the same staff working on it as the original did. I'm not sure how that makes it a bad copy. Pantsu though, yes.

You mention the same staff but that doesn't mean they're going down the same path as before. Perhaps they can't, the difference is nonetheless quite obvious.

Yes, I used the original several times a day and the same goes for .si and anidex. I don't see what your problem with .si is at user level, if anything it looks a lot cleaner than .se and most of the magnet links for old stuff still have seeders.
Jun 5, 2017 8:30 AM

Apr 2011
HapHazrD said:
space-bear said:

Yeah, but they're streaming platforms, they don't create content. So they don't give a damn if you buy BDs or DVDs or merch, since they don't get anything from it. They're as much leeching from animation studios as illegal streaming sites, except they decided to burden themselves with the law so they have a subpar offer.
Edit: except if you're buying the english dubs, cause in this case they're maybe touching a comission.
Oh I mean I watch streams on sites like KA first, and if I really enjoy it I buy the official US release dvds. All the anime I own on DVD I first watched on pirated streams lol. I think if you really like a series/album you should support the official release. I think that's pretty common.
Jun 5, 2017 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
I have no problems with torrents, but I don't understand why people wish to support sites like kissanime. These people just re-uploading stealing content and making easy money from ads. They are used criminal schemes to make money. Is that what you really want to support?
Jun 5, 2017 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
FUNimation should really sue Google instead of taking down new anime pirate sites.
All of that shitty pirates won't get any beggar visitors if these sites is not going to the first page when anime name was searched.
Like, Why the fuck those shitty sites gets on the VERY first page and all streaming sites!
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 5, 2017 10:38 AM

Feb 2016
Rayzer said:
FUNimation should really sue Google instead of taking down new anime pirate sites.
All of that shitty pirates won't get any beggar visitors if these sites is not going to the first page when anime name was searched.
Like, Why the fuck those shitty sites gets on the VERY first page and all streaming sites!

Because more people watch them. lol
Jun 5, 2017 10:42 AM
Dec 2014
Throni said:
JustALEX said:
Shut up about what you think we want and actually take the time to research what it is that fans want!

No. They did that more than 10 years ago and nobody bought it because the fansubs are free and the same stuff. They released DVD with subs only for cheap and it was rotting on the shelves.

A dub is different. There's the huge casual market that is willing to pay top dollar for shitty dubs because they are either too stupid or too lazy to read subs. They sell truckloads of shitty dubbed shows and make money. That's why more and more stuff is licensed and dubbed. They wouldn't do it if there'd be no market for that.

Sub only fags on the other hand rarely pay because they can get the same stuff for free. It's always been that way. We traded tapes and later discs with fansubs on the schoolyard. That behaviour is hard to change.

If you want dubs you can pay or you are an asshole. But watching unlicensed stuff with fansubs is hardly criminal. It's illegal, for sure. But the japanese don't care about a fat and sweaty neckbeard that streams a 10 year old show that is not licensed here. The license for many old shows ran out and I have to regrets pirating those. Nobody gets hurt and nobody loses money.

I don't have a beard and I shower every day but I agree with everything else.
Jun 5, 2017 10:48 AM

Sep 2014
Kuromii said:
cHowaito said:

Yes, I used the original several times a day and the same goes for .si and anidex. I don't see what your problem with .si is at user level, if anything it looks a lot cleaner than .se and most of the magnet links for old stuff still have seeders.

The fact that the site has divided is wrong. The fact that there's a weird internal struggle with the cartel or mafioso or whatever the idiots want to call it, trying to decide which site is more superior and which site should get more support from fansubbers and whatnot. Completely ridiculous discussions are happening in the "shadows". It looks cleaner? I'm just gonna pass this as your personal preference and ignore it. .si and pantsu are mere makeshift sites inferior to the original.

And of course torrents should have seeders or it'd just be adding insult to injury.
Jun 5, 2017 12:57 PM

Jan 2015
I read on 9anime's reddit that the only reason Funimation is going after KA is only because of One Piece. Is this true?
Jun 5, 2017 1:01 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Ari_the_Lioness said:
I read on 9anime's reddit that the only reason Funimation is going after KA is only because of One Piece. Is this true?

I wouldnt doubt it. One Piece is a big moneymaker for them. iirc the post that started this thread said as much.

EDIT: wait never mind, that was a few years ago, thats what it said in the original post, but I still wouldnt doubt it.
Jun 5, 2017 2:43 PM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Itachi said:
Idk why you bringing up other shit lol What i'm saying isn't deep but any fan of anime who acts out in a cringe way is what I consider a weeb be it trying to be japanese or any other weird shit
I'm bringing it up because you're committing the fallacy of the converse by using the definition "anybody who's an anime fan and acts cringey is a weeb". The other examples I provided are definitions that are based on the same premise and are as fallacious as yours.
JustALEX said:
Holy shit, I just noticed how fucking long this thread is...

Everyone can relax.....Companies have been trying to shut pirates for more than two decade now, and they're still around.

Cut one head and two will take it's place.

You can't defeat pirates....it's like the "war on drugs".....you're just fighting a losing cause.

@Funimation...

You want people to stop pirating?

Here's what you can do.

#1 Be more flexible....this isn't the fucking 90s....anime fans will NOT pay top dollar for anime...lower your prices or GTFO!

#2 Make more exclusive material....you want to sell more anime dvds/bds?

Well...put some fucking effort into it!

Sentai (for example) makes "Premium Collector sets" which include exclusive contents in their sets.

The funimation "Collector sets" I've seen are garbage....why would anyone pay $100 for the Attack on Titan "collector set" when the only thing you're including is a tiny 10 page color thingy and a little bit nicer cover box? WTF?

IF you want people to actually spend their hard worked dollars....you're going to need to do MORE!

#3 Everyone has said it before, but once again.....WORK ON THE VOICE ACTING!!

There's a good reason why people are just not interested in dubs.....they're rarely any good.

Now that's what I call a good post

That post could be better though.

He should also have mentionned that their content should be at least be MULTI REGIONAL INSTEAD OF JUST DAM AMERICA!
I did heard about them expanding to europe when they were expanding to the uk AND THEY BETTER KEEP THEIR WORD ABOUT THAT!!
Jun 5, 2017 2:51 PM

May 2016
Can't blame Funimation. As much hate as they get they are still a legal company and KissAnime is not. None of the money KissAnime probably makes goes to the industry.
Jun 5, 2017 5:38 PM

Jun 2017
The first thing that came to my mind after reading a decent portion of the OP is that who fucking cares?

Honestly, it doesn't matter anyway. It's like the FEDERAL LAW warnings about anime distribution. Does it matter that much?
Jun 5, 2017 6:19 PM

Jan 2015
Viz Media is completely free though, with ads though. I watched Sailor Moon legally on there. Funimation should follow suit, or not, whatever, their choice. Viz Media lets you watch videos on their site for free, again with ads but they also sell DvDs and stuff. And they don't make every other video 'subscriber only'.

Deidera said:
Can't blame Funimation. As much hate as they get they are still a legal company and KissAnime is not. None of the money KissAnime probably makes goes to the industry.

No probably about it. No money from KA goes toward the anime industry. That's why I have an adblocker and an anti adblocker blocker. I'm not going to give money or support a site that trying to get money for something they didn't create. Yeah, I might be watching anime illegally but I'm NOT going to let a site show ads and get money for content they didn't make.
ArillionJun 5, 2017 6:24 PM
Jun 5, 2017 6:31 PM

Sep 2010
Good I don't trust streaming sites that have me disable adblocker. Only thing I am watching fansubbed at the moment is Re:Creators everything else is on Crunchyroll. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 5, 2017 10:07 PM

Mar 2017
Comic_Sans said:
Itachi said:
what that definition is describing is cringy to me so i'm right :thinking_face:
But that doesn't make everybody who you find cringey a "weeaboo", just like everybody who disagrees with you isn't automatically a nazi. By claiming that you're committing the fallacy of the converse. I find your behavior cringey but I wouldn't agree if somebody called you a weeaboo, I just think you're uneducated. Otherwise if we were to go by your logic that would make anybody who's not American and obsesses over a certain American TV series an Americanophile, anybody who loooooves illegal streaming sites a globalist and so on.
I cringed at your trying to dig up fallacies from his own personal opinion on what he finds insufferable. Especially that "nazi" fallacy you tried to bring and draw comparisons to which is not even applicable to what that dude's saying. Well done, weeb.
Jun 6, 2017 12:06 AM

Mar 2014
Yachty said:
I cringed at your trying to dig up fallacies from his own personal opinion on what he finds insufferable. Especially that "nazi" fallacy you tried to bring and draw comparisons to which is not even applicable to what that dude's saying. Well done, weeb.
His definition of a weeaboo is an anime fan who he finds cringey. SJWs' definition of a nazi is "someone who I don't like". Both of them are committing the fallacy of the converse and both of these definitons are fallacious, so it's very applicable and it being their personal definition doesn't excuse it from being so. Well done, nazi.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 6, 2017 12:21 AM

Jun 2016
Johnnyd3rp said:
It's to be expected when you use a site to pirate content. That's why it's a good thing to have some backup sites.

I'm more salty about Bakabt going private.
don't you already have an account on baka though?

Jun 6, 2017 11:01 AM

Jan 2016
Sindoe said:
Johnnyd3rp said:
It's to be expected when you use a site to pirate content. That's why it's a good thing to have some backup sites.

I'm more salty about Bakabt going private.
don't you already have an account on baka though?

Sadly i've never created an account here :<
Jun 7, 2017 3:16 AM

Oct 2014
Well there is some good news for DBS fans.

DBS on crunchy is now also available in europe.
Looks like at least CR cares about non american ppl.
Jun 7, 2017 9:59 AM

Apr 2015
Good thing that there are a variety of alternate sources to watch anime with. Bad thing, though, is that going after competition like this, even if it's illegal competition, is going to reduce Funimation's internal focus at improving their own quality of product.

Sadly, anime is a medium that has become very ingrained in a minimal-effort culture here in the west. Most people won't bother shilling out money or going to multiple different places to get their fix, they'd rather just watch all of their anime at one site, and assuming that Funimation/Crunchyroll doesn't hold all of the stuff available, these people will go to the next most-available place, which is currently kissanime. Unless the majority of mainstream and just-below mainstream anime becomes legally placed in one location, illegal sites like KA will continue to exist.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Jun 13, 2017 8:08 PM

Jun 2007
Comic_Sans said:
FUCKERYmation are well known for being inconsistent with the sub quality and making shitty translation choices and the GG controversy is a primary example of that. Rewriting lines in order to project your personal political opinions into it or just failing to convey crucial information in general is a form of censorship as you're not giving the people watching their releases the full, intended experience. So yes, nice try indeed, and it succeeded, unlike your soon-to-come relativisation [that it was corrected on the disc release, as was "Just like a plan" in Nou-rin]. That's like saying that it's okay that Breivik shot dozens of people to death because he got sentenced to prison. FUCKERYmation only did it because people complained, they haven't issued a proper apology and Tyson "Fedora" Rinehart is still employed at FUCKERYmation. I have not even mentioned Nourin in this thread, you must've confused me with somebody else. Nevertheless, it is a great example of FUCKERYmation failure and point 1 applies to this as well. So, thanks for providing me evidence I didn't even know I needed.
I don't have time to search for torrents which do not even work half of the time and download shit all day long, I want to keep that precious disk space of mine as big as possible and not have to waste time constantly deleting Chinese cartoon episodes from it.

So for as much as you're bothered by Funimation subbing, you apparently don't think it's worth downloading versions with better subs, as opposed to just watching whatever Funi stream-rips KA throws your way. (What the heck does the anti-downloading crowd even do with their hueg empty hard drives, anyway?) No, you didn't mention Nou-rin here, but you have on various occasions in the past when Funimation subtitle mistakes have been brought up -- which again, doesn't add up to a consistent pattern. Not sure how it's "evidence" in your favor; wouldn't leaving it as "Just like a plan" on disc truly epitomize failure? And "shitty translation choices" generally = "translation choices I don't prefer," rather than actual mistakes. Subjective.

Even if we grant that the dub script edits in a handful of shows (like Prison School, Shin-chan, and Free! S2) constitute a pattern of censorship, where are all the alleged Funimation nudity/gore edits I keep hearing about? If the first version released is the only one that counts (because we live in a reality where anime script edits are equatable to mass shootings now?), where's the outrage from the anti-censorship crowd against every Japanese studio ever for the censored Japanese TV broadcast versions of ecchi/violent anime they produce?

Aquamirror said:
What if I told you anime industry is a self-supporting local industry that even if it cuts out all export to the outside world it will still live by domestic sales alone?
That's a convenient story for those who don't feel like paying for anime to tell themselves, but what if I told you that the output of the Japanese side of the industry has pretty much tracked the fortunes of the overseas distribution industry? Sure, it probably would survive, but it what form? Do we really want to go from charts like this to charts like this one?

DateYutaka said:
what about the 1000'd of anime that have never been touched in the west[ us to be precise]

fumimation should provide a better service then the Pirates instead of attacking them
You mean the thousands of SD, 4:3 shows from the 60s-90s that virtually nobody (including fansubbers) has ever cared about, and hardly anybody wants to watch on modern displays in the first place? What would a "better service" look like, anyway? Users of illegal streaming sites are already getting the same translations and worse video quality than people watching on CR/Funi and other legal sites, and as the numbers show, people primarily go to bootleg streaming sites for the same shows that're available on legal sites. Region lockouts may be an issue for some, but they don't explain the substantial amount of US and Japanese traffic on KA; removing region locks is no guarantee that viewers who're used to illegal sites (i.e. feel entitled to no-cost ad-free anime) will suddenly go legal.

Ertebak said:
The legal sites don't have as many anime as the illegal sites, that's just a fact. Crunchyroll even tried to lower the quality like a few months ago, if illegal sites didn't exist anime fans would have to deal with the change, which is bad or go to a legal alternative which there aren't many of in the first place.
And there are some sides to the second option as well
1)Those sites could then co-operate with like cruchyroll and the other illegal sites and do the same and lower the quality. This happens with internet companies etc irl and is a real thing
2)The second site doesn't have a lot of anime, because legal sites still don't have a lot of anime

I don't want there to be a netflix-hbo situation with anime but even worse, where I need to pay for multiple different sites because every site has different anime. Create a legal platform with the best quality, most/all anime and people will move from illegal sites to legal sites with ease
The controversy over CR's video quality reduction felt like a lot of finger-waving from the gallery to me. Illegal streamers had already demonstrated that they were okay with poor video quality by the fact that they were willing to use bootleg streaming sites, since the videos on KA et al are lossy re-encodes of legal streams (for recent shows; older/unlicensed shows re-encode rips from DVD/TV/LD/VHS sources). "How dare CR give us low-quality video! I'm gonna boycott them by watching even worse quality video on 12345678anime instead!" And viewers of Western entertainment don't share the same aversion to subscribing to both Netflix and Hulu. I doubt that a monopoly anime platform that many dream of is going to be any cheaper than subscribing to two or more existing sites.

HapHazrD said:

How is paying licensing fees for the rights to stream anime "leeching from animation studios"?

Knutsen said:
its ironic that they targeted pirates by tracking down one piece streamers. dont they know that KA is part of the strawhats and will one day be king of the pirates! the marines and funi will never catch them!
It may not be mere coincidence, as One Piece is the most popular show on KA, with over 15 million more views (sub+dub combined) than the 2nd-place show, Naruto Shippuuden. And there's plenty of other Funi titles in KA's Top 100, such as Dragonball / Z / Kai / Super, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, Seven Deadly Sins, Tokyo Ghoul, Assassination Classroom, Future Diary, D.Gray-Man, Mob Psycho 100, Noragami, Code Geass, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, and Yu Yu Hakusho.
Jun 13, 2017 8:21 PM

Apr 2015
I always do my best to support the industry by subscribing to Crunchyroll and buying DVD's when I can, but the bottom line is that a.) I'm poor and these things are ludicrously expensive sometimes, and b.) KA overall provides a better service by offering more shows, more DUBS, and more convenience. Funi trying to "monopolize" the market won't work until they try competing with piracy instead of killing it.

Explaining my scoring system would take more than 650 characters.
Jun 13, 2017 8:38 PM

Nov 2014
Killing piracy by attacking the supply will never work, they need to reduce the demand first. It's like the war on drug. It DOESN'T work.

I'm bloody region blocked from most legal anime streaming sites and the ones I'm not completely blocked from have merely a handful on anime to choose from. No surprise I torrent most of my anime!

As for kissanime, it's being attacked but it is still up. Shows how bad anti-piracy is at achieving its goals. And if it ever does get taken down, there's at least a handful of anime sites I already know off my head.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jun 13, 2017 8:46 PM
Mar 2011
Zalis said:
Comic_Sans said:
FUCKERYmation are well known for being inconsistent with the sub quality and making shitty translation choices and the GG controversy is a primary example of that. Rewriting lines in order to project your personal political opinions into it or just failing to convey crucial information in general is a form of censorship as you're not giving the people watching their releases the full, intended experience. So yes, nice try indeed, and it succeeded, unlike your soon-to-come relativisation [that it was corrected on the disc release, as was "Just like a plan" in Nou-rin]. That's like saying that it's okay that Breivik shot dozens of people to death because he got sentenced to prison. FUCKERYmation only did it because people complained, they haven't issued a proper apology and Tyson "Fedora" Rinehart is still employed at FUCKERYmation. I have not even mentioned Nourin in this thread, you must've confused me with somebody else. Nevertheless, it is a great example of FUCKERYmation failure and point 1 applies to this as well. So, thanks for providing me evidence I didn't even know I needed.
I don't have time to search for torrents which do not even work half of the time and download shit all day long, I want to keep that precious disk space of mine as big as possible and not have to waste time constantly deleting Chinese cartoon episodes from it.

So for as much as you're bothered by Funimation subbing, you apparently don't think it's worth downloading versions with better subs, as opposed to just watching whatever Funi stream-rips KA throws your way. (What the heck does the anti-downloading crowd even do with their hueg empty hard drives, anyway?) No, you didn't mention Nou-rin here, but you have on various occasions in the past when Funimation subtitle mistakes have been brought up -- which again, doesn't add up to a consistent pattern. Not sure how it's "evidence" in your favor; wouldn't leaving it as "Just like a plan" on disc truly epitomize failure? And "shitty translation choices" generally = "translation choices I don't prefer," rather than actual mistakes. Subjective.

Even if we grant that the dub script edits in a handful of shows (like Prison School, Shin-chan, and Free! S2) constitute a pattern of censorship, where are all the alleged Funimation nudity/gore edits I keep hearing about? If the first version released is the only one that counts (because we live in a reality where anime script edits are equatable to mass shootings now?), where's the outrage from the anti-censorship crowd against every Japanese studio ever for the censored Japanese TV broadcast versions of ecchi/violent anime they produce?

Aquamirror said:
What if I told you anime industry is a self-supporting local industry that even if it cuts out all export to the outside world it will still live by domestic sales alone?
That's a convenient story for those who don't feel like paying for anime to tell themselves, but what if I told you that the output of the Japanese side of the industry has pretty much tracked the fortunes of the overseas distribution industry? Sure, it probably would survive, but it what form? Do we really want to go from charts like this to charts like this one?

DateYutaka said:
what about the 1000'd of anime that have never been touched in the west[ us to be precise]

fumimation should provide a better service then the Pirates instead of attacking them
You mean the thousands of SD, 4:3 shows from the 60s-90s that virtually nobody (including fansubbers) has ever cared about, and hardly anybody wants to watch on modern displays in the first place? What would a "better service" look like, anyway? Users of illegal streaming sites are already getting the same translations and worse video quality than people watching on CR/Funi and other legal sites, and as the numbers show, people primarily go to bootleg streaming sites for the same shows that're available on legal sites. Region lockouts may be an issue for some, but they don't explain the substantial amount of US and Japanese traffic on KA; removing region locks is no guarantee that viewers who're used to illegal sites (i.e. feel entitled to no-cost ad-free anime) will suddenly go legal.

Ertebak said:
The legal sites don't have as many anime as the illegal sites, that's just a fact. Crunchyroll even tried to lower the quality like a few months ago, if illegal sites didn't exist anime fans would have to deal with the change, which is bad or go to a legal alternative which there aren't many of in the first place.
And there are some sides to the second option as well
1)Those sites could then co-operate with like cruchyroll and the other illegal sites and do the same and lower the quality. This happens with internet companies etc irl and is a real thing
2)The second site doesn't have a lot of anime, because legal sites still don't have a lot of anime

I don't want there to be a netflix-hbo situation with anime but even worse, where I need to pay for multiple different sites because every site has different anime. Create a legal platform with the best quality, most/all anime and people will move from illegal sites to legal sites with ease
The controversy over CR's video quality reduction felt like a lot of finger-waving from the gallery to me. Illegal streamers had already demonstrated that they were okay with poor video quality by the fact that they were willing to use bootleg streaming sites, since the videos on KA et al are lossy re-encodes of legal streams (for recent shows; older/unlicensed shows re-encode rips from DVD/TV/LD/VHS sources). "How dare CR give us low-quality video! I'm gonna boycott them by watching even worse quality video on 12345678anime instead!" And viewers of Western entertainment don't share the same aversion to subscribing to both Netflix and Hulu. I doubt that a monopoly anime platform that many dream of is going to be any cheaper than subscribing to two or more existing sites.

HapHazrD said:

How is paying licensing fees for the rights to stream anime "leeching from animation studios"?

Knutsen said:
It may not be mere coincidence, as One Piece is the most popular show on KA, with over 15 million more views (sub+dub combined) than the 2nd-place show, Naruto Shippuuden. And there's plenty of other Funi titles in KA's Top 100, such as Dragonball / Z / Kai / Super, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, Seven Deadly Sins, Tokyo Ghoul, Assassination Classroom, Future Diary, D.Gray-Man, Mob Psycho 100, Noragami, Code Geass, Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash, and Yu Yu Hakusho.

alot of of thise older show have bulu day verison out fact lik WMT franchise as an exampke the orginal atom form what hear was beng ot be subbed based on the fatc the site i helo run had videos for it subbed

and erve here of upsacling and the fatc that in the 70s Japan has Muze Standrd ie if master are found they wil be 1080i minume if you remsater them it was jusr brocats in thta since tv could not handle it

why do you Japan was the first to kill of analoge tv bwteen 2001-2005 cause based on channel or service national level wise some local only station stayed on unill 2010 like ryukyu only channeks of example one only casted in ryukyuan languge

like how older movie are esr to put in ot 4k than newer ones [ unlessnwer ones are shot in 4k [very few are ]

i may not like steam but unifed srevice based on all studios oe like for exmaple the toei vidoe club allow you streaming of stuff legally animax plus[ rgion locked at to asia] as alo of show new and old and also teh weekly movie that the canhhel shows here alot of times an older movie since animax show anime form all studos

iscne its ran partly by sony some one with no fingers in the anime production pie over alll

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 13, 2017 8:50 PM
May 2015
is it true that groups copy subs straight from crunchyroll and funimation? If that's true then isn't that the main reason they target illegal anime sites? Wouldn't it be the subbers group fault. they should target them.
Jun 13, 2017 11:10 PM

Mar 2017
Kissanime has been better the last few weeks fr. All their links are back but i've been using 9anime too.
Jun 13, 2017 11:16 PM

Apr 2014
I hope everyone at Funimation gets futa dick up there ass
Jun 14, 2017 2:52 AM

Mar 2014

Some people just keep on coming back for more!
Zaelis=51093057 said:
So for as much as you're bothered by Funimation subbing, you apparently don't think it's worth downloading versions with better subs, as opposed to just watching whatever Funi stream-rips KA throws your way.
I already told you that I usually don't have time to search for a better version. So what? That doesn't prove that FUCKERYmation has quality subs. Besides, if I didn't watch them then you would just be telling me "How do you know that FUCKERYmation doesn't have good subs if you don't watch them?" instead.
(What the heck does the anti-downloading crowd even do with their hueg empty hard drives, anyway?)
Not everybody wants to spend all of their free time downloading or even watching anime, some people want to use their hard drives for things such as work, video projects, games etc. Why is that such a difficult scenario to grasp?
No, you didn't mention Nou-rin here, but you have on various occasions
"Various occasions" is not the same thing as "this time". If you are so incapable of responding to my new arguments that you have no choice but to re-respond to old arguments that you have failed to debunk in the past then I suggest you look up Wikihow's How to Argue page.
in the past when Funimation subtitle mistakes have been brought up -- which again, doesn't add up to a consistent pattern.
Why does bringing up a well known example invalidate the argument just because the example in question is famous and has been used before? The Room is infamous for being a terrible movie, does that mean that it disproves the existence of other terrible films? Of course not.
Not sure how it's "evidence" in your favor; wouldn't leaving it as "Just like a plan" on disc truly epitomize failure?
Going by that logic you should be totally fine with me (hypothetically, of course) murdering you and then being sentenced to prison and/or regretting it later on because, well, wouldn't me killing you and not being jailed and/or showing no regret truly epitomize failure?
And "shitty translation choices" generally = "translation choices I don't prefer," rather than actual mistakes. Subjective.
So is your opinion about FUCKERYmation being great at subtitling when they aren't so "Muh subjectivity" is not an argument. Would you let somebody who told you "That's subjective" when you said "Trump is a bad president" get away with it? No, you wouldn't let the argument end there, you would instead want them to bring legitimate arguments to the table.
Even if we grant that the dub script edits in a handful of shows (like Prison School, Shin-chan, and Free! S2) constitute a pattern of censorship, where are all the alleged Funimation nudity/gore edits I keep hearing about?
From whom? Because I haven't mentioned anything about FUCKERYmation censoring gore and nudity in this thread. I know some people like to attribute all sorts of talking points that they don't like to me but sorry, this is not one of them.
If the first version released is the only one that counts (because we live in a reality where anime script edits are equatable to mass shootings now?), where's the outrage from the anti-censorship crowd against every Japanese studio ever for the censored Japanese TV broadcast versions of ecchi/violent anime they produce?
Uhm, it exists, e.g. there was a shit ton of Pierrot-specific complaints when both seasons of Tokyo Phoul aired. Have you been living under a rock?
Comic_SansJun 14, 2017 1:56 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 10, 2017 12:36 AM

Sep 2014
At this point it wont be DMCAS or DDOS attacks that kill Kissanime. It's the smorgasbord of ads with malware and viruses everywhere. Besides captchas (which are beyond ridiculous) being a counter measure to DDOS attacks kissanime has been having going down hill for a long time.Kissanime is going kill itself. Find it funny how they use openload which is an invitation for viruses too.

Lmao just pay 60 a year for crunchyroll/funi if you can in your area or download. Illegally streaming on most sites just isn't worth it.
Jul 10, 2017 12:55 AM

Sep 2014
Yaboku said:
ArtoriaIzBae said:
This sucks. Wish me luck watching anime legally in my country.
As CR and Funi does not even care for those people who are outside the US smh.

^ THIS. If Funimation was available in Europe, I probably wouldn't be watching anime on sites like kissanime. Same for Crunchyroll, I can only watch SOME of the anime there, but most of it isn't available. I live in Europe and I can't use the Funi website at all.

No you'd still be using illegal sites. Lets be honest here XD
Jul 10, 2017 12:57 AM

Oct 2013
Oh since this thread got revived I can say this too now
Funimation if you don't want your site to be used nation wide at least make your Youtube content watchable
why should I have to travel all the way to my dad in America to use just your Youtube channel :/
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

85 by Jackson1333 »»
36 seconds ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

48 by traed »»
16 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 12 hours ago

39 by ETHANDARYL420 »»
20 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 10 hours ago

12 by traed »»
34 minutes ago

» Muskoku Tensei is the antithesis of Evangelion ( 1 2 )

ShuisBased2 - Jan 15

67 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.