Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jun 2, 2017 2:27 PM

I got introduced to anime, believe it or not, when I was watching a counter strike movie. Back in those days, making CS films were quite popular, and as a teen that loved Counter-Strike, I also had an avid obsession in making and watching films of them as well. In one particular one, a song that was featured captured my attention. I had no idea what it was, and I didn't recognise the language either, so I went over to the local CS boards and asked about this particular song in the movie. The creator responded that it was titled "Lilium - Elfen Lied". I immediately looked it up and saw that it was some sort of weird cartoon, so I got hold of the first episode and yup, there the song was. However, it was accompanied by very alluring and strange cartoon artwork that wasn't exactly for kids, so it couldn't have been a regular cartoon, I thought. After seeing the first episode, my mind was totally blown, so I went ahead and got hold of the rest of the show and saw it through and through in a matter of days. Ever since then, I started looking up for more stuff, and that's how I was introduced to the wonderful world of anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 3, 2017 8:40 PM
Not really special, my friend showed me Death Note back in 2011, I've watched it and other series sort of came by themselves. I've been to anime fans reunion and a friend of mine recommended me Black Butler, Zetsubou Sensei series and more of underground​ creations. And thus it began :) it's not that I watch anime for that long I actually stopped for long time, because it would remind me of some bad things that happened in the past. However, got over it and I've recently returned.

Jun 8, 2017 8:40 PM
When our family had broken, me and my sisters was often left to and taken care by our aunt and uncle. That was when I was no more than 5, my uncle Emerson was still a young lad who plays computer a lot. He was still in his 20's at the time and was the kind of person who is strict and silent and seems to distance himself from others but makes jokes quite often. He seems like an anime character when I think of him now. Also, he would marathon a show in days in the living room which was peculiar with me at that time since he doesn't act like the other adults like aunt Sheila. One day, he watches the anime Katekyo Hitman Reborn! and I got fascinated about it since it was so different from a Disney Film or other cartoons I watch but all I know is it's an animation so I watched it with him. He didn't seem to mind but I didn't get any of it at all but he kept watching it until it was dark and soon it was morning. Days later, he then watched another show- Avatar the Legend of Aang. Back then, I don't know what anime was or what it's definition even was. All I know is they look and feel very similar and most importantly the characters were cool. When the time came when we were to move to the province with mom I asked uncle if he can he can give me the DVD for those shows but he only gave me Avatar and a CPU. Years passed that the only anime I obsessed and knew was KHR. I didn't grow up with a computer and internet so I desperately looked for a CD which I got from mom who bought it as a present. This time I was able to understand the story and this time my sibling count also increased. Prior going to the province It was only me, Patricia and Shelley in exact order but now I have a younger brother, another sister and a younger step brother and sister. Our step father eventually broke up with mom but my step brother- Asher is the reason and the one who completely introduced me how to use the computer and the internet and I was able to use the CPU my uncle gave me using parts my step dad didn't use in his electronic repair shop. He was just 3 years younger than me so I hung out a lot with him than my real brother who was still 3 years old and I was already in the 6th grade at the time. One day when I got home from school, Soul Eater was being aired in the local television so I searched for it now that I know the Internet then I discovered that there are a lot more to choose from aside from Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and Doraemon which was the only ones being aired on TV. Because of that, I was even able to influence Asher; who only plays games, with anime and we soon watched a lot of shounen and harem anime. We even started recommending anime with each other. Since then I've been watching anime whenever I have a free time and now here I am joining a club in MAL.
Modified by k4nr4, Jun 8, 2017 8:47 PM

Jun 8, 2017 11:48 PM
I'm the youngest out of two siblings, after seeing them watching anime it just rubbed off of from them to me I guess. Which showed me a whole new experience and hobby that I soon learned to love.

Jun 9, 2017 2:18 AM

My first anime were Megaman and Speed Racer, but that was before I knew what anime actually was so I don
t count them.

I got into it pretty much the same way most people my age did: Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z on Toonami. I was in 5th-ish grade when it was airing and got really into them. After watching the original Pokemon series, as well, I started actively searching for anime. It was a bit difficult since streaming and downloading wasn't that common at the time, so mostly I was limited to what came on TV, what my allowance allowed me to buy, and what my friends could loan me. I've been watching anime for around 18 years now.

I'll literally watch any anime, and I have a no-drop policy unless I'm unable to find the rest of a series (and once I find them they will be un-dropped).