Forums

Name one anime that everyone seems to DISlike except you

New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
May 13, 2019 1:15 PM

Jan 2015
Mayoiga
School Days
Sword Art Online 1st season (second half)
Akuma no Riddle
Diabolik lovers
Eromanga-sensei
Dragon Ball GT
Goblin Slayer
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Kakegurui
Kiznaiver
Musaigen no Phantom World
Terra Formars
Watashi ga Motenai
May 13, 2019 3:18 PM

May 2016
maybe nekojiru-sou. only people i see who liked it are the ones who've read the manga and know a lot about the mangaka

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
May 13, 2019 3:23 PM

Jul 2016
Aku no Hana. Good story, great characters.
May 13, 2019 9:54 PM

Dec 2016
Most of the DB fans dislike or straight hate DBGT, but I don't. It may be mediocre, but it still has charm, the final episode is one hell of an emotional ride and the music is wonderful.

Psycho-Pass 2 would be another case.
May 13, 2019 10:00 PM

Mar 2018
Charlotte. Every time it gets brought up people do nothing but hate on it and, while I get why people might dislike the ending, I think that the quick pacing of it shows how everything blurred together for Yuu and I enjoyed it a lot.

Edit: Fairy Tail, also. Not sure why people hate on it at all, bc it shares a lot of the same issues that most big shounen have. Just because it's similar to something that already existed doesn't mean it's bad
May 13, 2019 10:04 PM
Sep 2017
Is not my favorite in fact I think is pretty bad but I still like it, Black Bullet. I think is cause I love AOT, also guns and a opening that I really love.
May 13, 2019 11:16 PM
Oct 2018
I really enjoy Asterisk despite how many dislike ive seen on it. Also Baka no Test.
May 13, 2019 11:47 PM
Jul 2018
probably oreimo, Himouto! Umaru-chan, and sao alt
May 14, 2019 12:12 AM

Feb 2016
Kodomo no Jikan

I thought I would be jumping into something similar to Mitsudomoe(which it was) but at times I felt like I was watching borderline loli hentai. Not my proudest completion but the show made me laugh, cry, and cringe(the crying and laughing made it worth).

Here are some quotes from BlobbertMcN's review of the manga

"Imagine you had a friend named Bob. Bob is a great guy, nice, interesting, and you like having conversations with him. He's also a non-active pedophile. What do you think of Bob? Do you disregard all his good points because of this TERRIBLE thing? Or do you continue associating with Bob because those good points outweigh his disgusting side?
This is what I struggle with when thinking about Kodomo no Jinkan, there is a reason why this manga is controversial (And the controversy is what made me want to read it). However, at the same time, it's actually quite well written, well thought out, and brings up some interesting questions."

"~Enjoyment~
I guess I enjoyed it. I mean, all the sexualisation of young girls (Still can't stress that enough) made me feel a bit uncomfortable - and I can't help that they could've done the same manga with less overt sexual imagery. But I guess they wanted it to sell, and the only way was to... sexualize little girls... *sigh*
But still, yeah, I guess I enjoyed it."

I want to read the manga but I'm not down the with whole nude loli thing. Borderline nudity in the anime already made me uncomfortable. So pursuing the rest of the story/extra detail probably isn't worth it.

I completely agree with his point about the controversy, it's actually what made me want to watch it to begin. I found Kodomo no Jikan in a post called 10 taboo anime you wouldn't want to be caught watching or something along those lines.
The picture of the anime had the MC holding up a sign saying "I hope you cream inside me," this coming from a 3rd grader is completely outrageous. If they took this anime and put more emphasis on the jokes and the pranks they pull on their virgin teacher, rather than showing so many sexual scenes, it could have been a lot more enjoyable.

The first season has a 6.98 rating. The manga has a 7.97
I want to say it's because the plot but I know it's because the PLOT(if you know what I mean)

The fact that Kodomo no Jikan has more members than Mitsudomoe actually scares me, but I guess dirty jokes from children isn't as appealing as dirty half naked ones.

I needed to cleanse my soul after watching this one.
Kurgo said:
What does "everyone dislikes it" qualify as, though? Of those named in these pages I've pretty much seen only stuff with scores of 7+ (which is good, no matter how one scores anime) so I'm a bit confused as to how the general hatred for an anime would be quantifiable, exactly. Shows like sao may get bashed on a tiny vocal echochamber like mal but considering how huge their fanbases are, it'd hardly be a case of "everyone dislikes them but me", would it?
People are just post farming. You can't even say things like SAO on a thread like this. Similar to saying Gintama. Kodomo no Jikan has a pretty high rating but I think for the wrong reasons. I saw someone post saying their two favorite characters in this show were "Kyouko Houin and Mimi Usa," both well endowed. Mimi is 10. See the problem?
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
May 14, 2019 12:41 AM

Nov 2018
Psycho Pass Season 2:
==============
Because it couldn't be as good as season 1, many people hated it.
For me it was still interesting, and not as bad as the movie.

One Punch Man Season 2:
================
I really don't get the hate.
I didn't bother to compare the animations and the visuals. For me it's still very fun and enjoyable show.

Erased:
=====
Amazing show, no idea how people can dislike it.
May 14, 2019 12:47 AM

Sep 2008
eva.
I can't wait for the netflix dub so all the normies will watch and hate it. then the general opinion will shift and it'll be cool to like eva again.

fuck rebuild3 however, it made me unable to stomach anything eva for a really long time. fuck all the rebuilds in fact,
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
May 14, 2019 4:37 AM
May 2019
I will strongly answer here one of my old favorite anime which is Mad Bull 34. According to some reviews and comment on it, it's a terrible and worst anime which is made. But not in my own perspective. It got a good gore, some sex scenes, and an adult jokes in it which I truly appreciated in this anime.
May 14, 2019 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
My hero academia but at the time I get annoyed for the same story being repeated without no risk.
May 14, 2019 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
Hiki_Tani said:
I would say most of my friends dislike Free! They think it is too gay to watch, but I really enjoy and love this anime. It is one of my top favorites.

Pff I watched the whole Free! series without shipping any characters and then I realized how famous it is around fujoshis. I really didn't find anything gay about this.
May 14, 2019 11:13 AM
May 2019
Musaigen no Phantom World. I feel like people expected more of it because of that unadapted volume of its light novel and its KyoAni, but I went to it without any high expectations and it became one of my favorite KyoAni works ever. It is indeed just some standard harem-type shit, but Phantom World is just so enjoyable that I forget that this is supposed to be some ecchi-harem-magic school kinda thing.
May 14, 2019 11:30 AM

Apr 2015
operasinger said:
My hero academia

I hope you're joking. I see it everywhere on anime sites with high scores.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 14, 2019 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Tropisch said:
operasinger said:
My hero academia

But I hear nothing but criticizes about it
May 14, 2019 11:36 AM

Apr 2015
operasinger said:
Tropisch said:

You see more of that because of how popular it is, it blows up and popularity, and more critics appear, nothing new.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 14, 2019 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
Tropisch said:
operasinger said:

You see more of that because of how popular it is, it blows up and popularity, and more critics appear, nothing new.

Ah I didn't know but glad it is that way
May 14, 2019 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
Fairy Tail. I'll admit I didn't like the second series much,but I thought the first one was actually good. For me some of the characters are just really fun to watch.
May 14, 2019 3:11 PM

Oct 2015
probably the end of evangelion, i've seen quite a lot of people say how much they hated it.
⠀‧⠀

May 14, 2019 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
Impossible. Whoever mentions an anime in this thread is a liar.

Edit:Just noticed he said “seems”, hmm. Oh well, I guess you people are no longer considered liars in my head:)
removed-userMay 15, 2019 5:07 AM
May 14, 2019 6:22 PM

Feb 2019
Eromanga sensei, sword art Online, Fairy Tail & mahouka koukou no rettousei

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 15, 2019 2:48 AM

Apr 2010
Just one?! I have so many...

Okay, I'm surprised Bakumatsu is so unpopular...

May 15, 2019 3:20 AM

Oct 2008
Thank you for adding the "seems"
Well here goes:

Pupa
Hellsing tv
School days
Berserk 2016
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Sword Art Online
Btoom

And others.
May 15, 2019 3:39 AM

May 2015
Kings game/ Osama game. Literally it even has a 5/10 score
My Candies:
May 15, 2019 4:22 AM

Jul 2017
This has to be the one in my opinion: Evil or Live. Idc, i actually liked that show.

I could name some others, but i don't feel like making a list lol.
May 15, 2019 4:45 AM

Jan 2009
two in particular come to mind, and both of them are usually (harshly) criticized arguing that "the vn is better than the anime" which is literally force memed as a mindless rhetoric, first one being Shingetsutan Tsukihime, which I didn't find praiseworthy either, for many reasons, but saying that it outright didn't exist, I mean, what the hell are you on about, they went for "Near Side Moon" what were you expecting? also saying that the vn was better is a blatant exaggeration, I read that, it was an early TYPE-MOON release for comiket, not exactly a masterpiece either, I'd go as far as to say that Fate's vn was better, and I wouldn't be wrong on that.

and the other one is Chaos;Head, same as before, I don't personally see any of them being better than the other, the storyline is a carbon copy of the vn, up to the events of the fight against the Nozomi group and the "real" Takumi, take out a couple of "delusions" that appear in the game and not in the anime, but that's about it, everything else is the same, but then I'd say that the storyline wasn't great either, it's just a typical pseudoscience bizarre acid trip, if you aren't into that of course you're not gonna like either of them.

I guess the only argument left is that they didn't animate the "delusions" that they wanted to see animated, but seriously?
May 16, 2019 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
I dont think SAO is as bad as people make it out to be. Its certainly no master piece but I would argue that its half good.
sure Alfheim is a complete train wreck, but sword art online arc is good, and gun gale is fine
and i hear people like the cancer girl arc.
Aliziation or how ever it is spelled is mostly fine too. The author just needs to give up on explaining things he doesnt understand like the concept of the soul, or how computers work and the show would greatly benefit by leaving certain things mysterious
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
May 18, 2019 9:16 AM

Jul 2016
Caligula - It's Bad but i Liked this.
Sword Art Online Season 2.
May 18, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
fullmetal alchemist: brother hood, Steins;gate, code geass. Idk why people hate it but i enjoy it

May 18, 2019 9:25 AM

Jan 2016
Ulysses: Jehanne Darc to Renkin no Kishi; the smutty Jeanne d'Arc X Gilles de Rais fanfiction that no one asked forーit’s a wicked ride & has a rock violin OST that sounds like Lindsey Stirling composed it.
EggheadLunaMay 18, 2019 9:28 AM
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
May 18, 2019 9:32 AM

May 2008
BATTERY

its average score is 5.77 but i liked it

MAL should remove the sports tag tho, its misleading and im pretty sure a lot of people were disappointed cause they expected something like haikyuu or free!
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Frieren fans, let's settle for the best couple

epsilono - 56 minutes ago

5 by Adnash »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform?

Dije - 25 minutes ago

4 by Horizon248 »»
8 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

74 by MitsukiHimeka »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime characters you find attractive that many people won't agree with

IssyBoy - Apr 13

42 by mshfqtny »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime Time Capsule

eli_shmeli - 6 hours ago

16 by Adnash »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.