Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2017 5:21 PM

Mar 2013
lol, Shindou, I had the same expression when I saw her shirt
And that Saraka family misunderstanding-- Shindou is oblivious xD

Uh oh... not liking that smirk at the end. zaShunina, what are you really thinking?
KilikcliaJun 6, 2017 1:19 AM
Jun 2, 2017 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
I can't help but think shit is going to hit the fan next week. The suspected change in attitude is sort of unexpected from his character though. He had no concept of evil or negative intent in previous episodes. Something tells me the books and other human media have influenced him and instilled a sense of evil.
Jun 2, 2017 6:56 PM
Jan 2016
Honestly felt as if Sekken was taking the best direction in all of this. Saraka seems a bit selfish with her reasons of keeping Humanity away from the AntiS.
Jun 2, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, a bit creepy at the end. It would be nice to follow up on the global impacts free energy and no sleep has had so far.
Jun 2, 2017 7:40 PM
Jun 2016
havn't watched full, but I really hate her kind of thinking, to me it's arrogant, selfish, and egotistical.

Now there are good reasons to say no to this technology, I get that, but this, "I want humanity to grow naturally." kind of thing always bothers me, YOU want this, who are you to decide for everyone else what should be true or not.

People should have the right to decide for themselves, not have choice foisted on themselves by those that feel themseleves the arbiters of it. If that makes sense?
Jun 2, 2017 9:27 PM

Nov 2011
zaShunina read too much book. It won't be surprising if he started to change after learning more and more about humans.

Jun 2, 2017 10:04 PM

Sep 2015
Im scared ZaShunina might turn evil or some shit. If so, he seemed like a really cool char ;-; dont want to see him all evil next episode because of this ending.
Jun 3, 2017 1:45 AM

Apr 2016
And here we got a good illustration of Japan's history. Isolationism like in the Edo period : "avoid any contact with the exterior", "let's live on our own", all personified in Tsukai's mentality.
It's real. That was once Japan.

On the other hand, another part of Japan's history is at play here : it looks like the book zaShinina is reading was supportive of the Japanese expansion (and atrocities?) during world war II (I got that from wiki, I didn't read the book, so beware!) and written by a guy, which supportive brother was an ambassador in NAZI Germany. Interesting! :)

After the cliché date, I'm still waiting for an onsen episode and some more Japan's negotiator's ace's nude action and still wonder what's the story with the ring if she was without boyfriend all her life like her family implies.
Jun 3, 2017 2:20 AM

Nov 2009
Another slightly creepy scene at the end to imply that the anisotropic being's goals are still very much unknown and that what he's doing may not be all that good, in the end.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 3, 2017 2:51 AM
Jun 2011
wolfwing said:
havn't watched full, but I really hate her kind of thinking, to me it's arrogant, selfish, and egotistical.

Now there are good reasons to say no to this technology, I get that, but this, "I want humanity to grow naturally." kind of thing always bothers me, YOU want this, who are you to decide for everyone else what should be true or not.

People should have the right to decide for themselves, not have choice foisted on themselves by those that feel themseleves the arbiters of it. If that makes sense?
i agree and i think what you said about decide for themselfs is what the being mean by the "right answer
Jun 3, 2017 2:56 AM
Jun 2016
elior1 said:
wolfwing said:

i agree and i think what you said about decide for themselfs is what the being mean by the "right answer

yeah and looking at preview for next week, there may be reasons we should reject such a offer but they arn't, "It isn't right." but what are his motives heh.
Jun 3, 2017 3:15 AM

May 2016
wolfwing said:

It's a tough choice. I'm not sure I remember correctly, but I believe she was supposed to be representing Earth. Or at least she said she had the people of Earth's safety in mind. You are right to pose that question, though. She doesn't get to decide what's best for humans, but then again... who does? There's absolutely no one representing humanity (and I don't think there should be). So how do we decide this? Do we conduct a global poll? Is democracy even the right way to do this (is it moral if the minority has these changes applied to them against their will?).
Jun 3, 2017 4:34 AM
Jun 2016
Vinyet said:
wolfwing said:

It's a tough choice. I'm not sure I remember correctly, but I believe she was supposed to be representing Earth. Or at least she said she had the people of Earth's safety in mind. You are right to pose that question, though. She doesn't get to decide what's best for humans, but then again... who does? There's absolutely no one representing humanity (and I don't think there should be). So how do we decide this? Do we conduct a global poll? Is democracy even the right way to do this (is it moral if the minority has these changes applied to them against their will?).

it's one of those moral questions, I see this come up with religion or science and such, some say we shouldn't tell people about science that contradicts beliefs, because some need it, my feeling is, it's arrogant to think they don't deserve to know because WE think they need something, I feel let them know and they can decide to reject or not.

Same with this, though I wouldn't do it over TV, as you have those that will want to watch out of curiosity heh

I'm reminded of that scene from one of the scary movies, where they are like, "There is a video that if you watch it, you will die in 7 days...and were going to broadcast it for the next week straight."
Jun 3, 2017 4:36 AM
Jun 2016
Vinyet said:
wolfwing said:

and just to clarify when I say the choice hoisted I mean in the, "Were not letting you have access to this advancement because I don't think we should be given it."

Now the preview hints that maybe chosing no was the right answer, or maybe it wasn't, but thats different from it's wrong to advance this way.
Jun 3, 2017 4:43 AM

Feb 2013
I feel unsafe after the last scene and preview D:
MyAnimeList』 『』 『MyMangaList
Jun 3, 2017 6:52 AM
Sep 2009
Of course shit had to hit the fan at some point. And in this show it's gonna be next week.

I just hope the climax and resolution are going to be as convincing as the show has been so far. Definitely show of the season for me.
Jun 3, 2017 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
Shindou having a change of heart at the end was incredibly dull & predictable.
Jun 3, 2017 7:07 AM
Sep 2009
F_Barbarossa said:

We don't know yet if it was a complete change of heart or if there's more to it under his skin. I bet there's more to it, he's a lot more calculated than to be swept off by some... chestnuts. :P
Jun 3, 2017 7:15 AM

Jan 2015
EvilDragon said:
F_Barbarossa said:

We don't know yet if it was a complete change of heart or if there's more to it under his skin. I bet there's more to it, he's a lot more calculated than to be swept off by some... chestnuts. :P

Valid point. Hopefully it was not a complete about-face by Shindou. We shall see what happens.
Jun 3, 2017 8:02 AM

Feb 2016
Saraka's argument and its (likely) possibility to move Shindo will make zaShunina the antagonist (but not an evil one) of this show.

But that smirk makes me wanna doubt zaShunina's kindness.

I wish he'll be the "good" antagonist and not the usual evil one.

I hope SETTEN will not be the major antagonist here tho.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jun 3, 2017 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
Wow, that smirk at the end was grim. I think zaShunina wanted to show Sansa to the people for some other reason than helping them.
Jun 3, 2017 1:18 PM
Jul 2014
So what's with the ring she had, is she engaged and not telling her family thus the misunderstanding with his dad ? :D
Jun 3, 2017 2:15 PM

Mar 2016
There is a real creepy vibe at the end of this episode...I'm starting to get the feeling that Yaha-kui zaShunina's true intentions haven't been revealed yet and that he may have a goal in mind that doesn't align with the goals of humanity. The prime minister seems wary of this possibility and even Shindo seems to have a different vibe to him since talking to Saraka...there is an eery aura that looms over the main plot line in this anime and I'm anxious to see it all unravel
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 3, 2017 2:57 PM
Apr 2011
In the history of heartfelt speeches, that must have been the worst one yet. Every single part of it made no sense whatsoever. What the hell is the dignity of humanity and who are you to determine this universe belongs to us?

Anyway, nice episode. Could have done without the blatant foreshadowing though.
Jun 3, 2017 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
Tokoya said:
All of the moments with Saraka in the first half of this episode was beautiful and her family is pretty funny xD

Yeah, and totally unfit for this series. I would certainly do without it.

They are trying to do a show that's serious yet at times they let characters act based on anime archetypes, adding comedy in between, how consistent is that? I wouldn't mind this fanservice in every other rabukome series but it's very counterproductive here.

Other that that, the episode was fine, although I also didn't liked that smirk on Yahakunin zaShunina's face towards the end. Don't tell me they are trying to imprint human emotions on him, making him a villain. Don't tell me he had changed just by reading human books...

Really wonder what's the last and final device he is going to offer. He will probably give them a way to become immortal inside anisotropic, to merge into collective being.

Easy way to harvest just another civilization and knowledge. Don't need to say how twisted is that.
Jun 3, 2017 6:10 PM

Dec 2015
elior1 said:
wolfwing said:

It is right that people should decide their choice themselves but what Tsukai did here is just persuading people , considering this is a large scale of course it will affect her in some way(maybe ppl around her starting to change / act differently, we dont know what samsa really is and dont know the full effect) she just want things around her to stay the same < its only my opinion though

i feel an evil presence in zaShunina in this episode , well we'll see more
ExeternaJun 3, 2017 6:13 PM
Jun 3, 2017 8:48 PM

Dec 2016
Very well done episode. The tone of this show seems to be shifting. Anxious to see what happens in the next episode after the unsettling ending.

Watching this show as it is currently airing really increases the drama and anticipation for each week. I think anyone who watches this later will be missing out on that tension and the mystery of it all. Cheers for simulcasting!
Jun 3, 2017 9:11 PM

Apr 2013
Finally, an episode focusing on Tsukai and Shindo's relationship. zaShunina's starting to show his scary side.

So it will be Shindo vs zaShunina in the end. Fourth device? Immortality? :o

Jun 4, 2017 12:35 AM

Jul 2015
zaShunina's smile at the end though -- gave me the chills
Jun 4, 2017 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
I love the part with Saraka showing more of her past. They should just get married.
That smirk at the end oh shet please don't tell me it was wrong all along.
Jun 4, 2017 10:57 AM

Feb 2014
This episode shows us how dangerous half knowledge of things can be. Za Shuina is more than what it seems. An enigma to the core.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 4, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2007
Oh god, please don't turn Yaha-kui evil ;w;

For me the beauty about this series is about humanity finding ways to co-exist with the unknown in a friendly setting. Shows where aliens are coming to destroy us already exist by the hundreds of thousands. I didn't sign up for that at all when I started watching Seikaisuru Kado

Tsukai raises a good point about humanity advancing on its own instead of relying on an outside force, except there is nothing wrong with accepting help and I don't like the way she phrased it. Human dignity? Bitch don't just decide things for everyone simply because you don't like change. If part of being a good negotiator is understanding both sides, don't blatantly push away one side in favor of the other. Especially since she didn't even try to understand Yaha-kui and the anisotropic dimension

I also loathe the Shindou/Tsukai ship because forced pairings really aren't my thing. Like, if you ship it that's fine, but I think there are many people merely pushing them together because MAN and WOMAN means MUST SHIP and I fucking hate that
HiinaJun 4, 2017 2:07 PM
Jun 4, 2017 3:09 PM

Apr 2015
Wow?! Wuttt...

Did zaShunina just turn evil?!
Jun 4, 2017 4:43 PM
Sep 2016
I don't think zashunina is evil, but he has certainly been hiding his intentions and being very vague. Wish this show was longer so we could get more gifts.
Jun 4, 2017 7:43 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
People are free to make their own choice but can be easily persuaded due to imperfect information and the lack of analytical and critical thinking. It's a mistake to think that every human being are actually capable of making a decision with enough thinking in the first place.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 4, 2017 8:42 PM

Jul 2012
That smile tho.
I don't think zaShunina is evil.I don't even know if he can understand what is to be evil. Is his concept of evil the same as mine, I wonder...Well, he was reading those books...maybe he got some ideas from them?

Jun 4, 2017 9:36 PM

Oct 2008
I smell something fishy with that smirk of Yaha-kui zaShunina...OH NO, if that's what i'm thinking...humanity is DOOMED!
Saraka Tsukai is extremely bueautiful this episode especially on that date with Shindou...
4/5.

Jun 5, 2017 7:25 AM

Mar 2009
I knew he was evil all along.
Jun 5, 2017 9:58 AM
Jan 2015
I don't think zaShunina has turned evil or anything I just think that he wants Shindou to become more like him an anti being who will then branch out to other worlds.
Jun 6, 2017 11:37 AM

Feb 2016
What is the "right answer"?

Jun 6, 2017 7:00 PM

Oct 2007
Clearance said:
I find Saraka's way of thinking regarding the anisotropic to be extremely flawed, and maybe even rather selfish of her.
Still, it seems that ZaShunina really does have some ulterior motives for progressing humanity - he didn't answer the question for what 'the right answer' clearly, either. Alien Jesus is going to mess things up.

Jesus is by definition an alien. There is no alien version of an alien.

I have the feeling the ending and preview are just leading the viewer to the wrong conclusions. Next episode will probably be a reveal of some utterly controversial advancement, but nothing actually destructive as claimed by a character's opinion.

So with this brain thing broadcast people somehow got to see themselves in multi-dimensions and not need sleep anymore.
What if now people get the ability to see their entire life spawn at once and because some would avoid all the bad choices others would be forced with them? Just a guess based on the fact that this anisotropic guy is multidimensional.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2017 11:05 PM
Jun 2017
While I can see the point of view of Tsukai I still dislike the fact that her way to persuade someone has to be reliant on her family history. Like she is supposed to be a top negotiator but she can't accept or even see the other side. I was on the edge about her character but now i like it less. Specially with that cliche date setting. I guess we'll see next week.
Jun 8, 2017 4:35 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode.

While i share some of Sara's concerns and looking at the human races past record i can see why she thinks that the race is not ready for the gifts ultimately its not her decision to make. Still its interesting to see this side of her though. While professional and skilled at her job as a diplomat it can also be seen that she also cares a great deal about the human race as well probably as a result of what she had seen over the years. Its also nice that we got to meet Saraka's family and see a different side to her character as well. Seeing her father's reaction to Shindou's visit though was interesting and funny as was hearing about her fathers opinion of her as well. Still it was funny seeing them actually believe that Shindou was actually Saraka's suitor. Still i don't think that will be a bad idea actually. They look like they might make a good pair. The insight into Saraka's personality and family i felt was interesting as we get to see more of her normal personality and her beliefs. I also like the contrast in this episode between Saraka's more personal story and the one with the TV and the broadcast about the new gift as well. Using her personality as a basis to make clear her concerns to Shindou was a nice move and manage to not only enhance her character but also make me understand her more. Despite being on opposing sides its nice that they manage to have this talk. Its also nice to see that while she doesn't oppose the gifts she just is of the belief that everything should be natural and not made by someone else. Im really surprised that Saraka cares so much about the human race though. Truly she is a interesting woman.

The Tv side of the story though is interesting but i still don't trust this CEO at all. Still its interesting to see what they can do to help spread the new gift. With Setten's help though even if they wanted to stop the broadcast they couldn't anyway. I like the talk the the prime minster gave to shindou as well and how he explained all the roles that they must play for this event thats unprecedented in history. Really tells you just how many people are working here to make things go smoothly doesn't it. The faith that not just the prime minister but also everyone else has in Shindou and the wish that he stay neutral and non aligned was surprising but man thats one hell of a responsibility there. But man the anticipation of the broadcast is pretty real thats for sure. Its nice that they broadcasted a warning before the broadcast begun though. Hmm the broadcast while doing a good job of introducing Sansa also revealed some interesting things about ZaShuNina's purpose as well. What other problems does he want to solve though i wonder. As expected it did have various effects on people. Saraka especially looks rather angry when it was shown. It also nice that we get to see the worries of the PM as well regarding this new gift as well as the fact that the media is now helping ZashuNaina as well. Still it looks like the changes this time have gotten a bit too far as even Shindou is starting to have doubts as well. Hmm the final scene where ZaShuNina looks at Shindou though has a malicious side to it though. I wonder is he really actually a bad guy. Anyway can't wait till next episode as things seem to be heading to the conclusion.

Hmm so Saraka feels that Humanity is not ready for the gifts and advances that ZaShuNina has brought eh. Given the human race's past track record im inclined to agree. Man that american CEO looks like a villain though lol. Besides public opinion regarding him is starting to change as well. Hmm im still not really sure on the newest gift though. Sure it will boost humanity's efficiency as it will eliminate the need to sleep but what about possible side effects. Since the test was only done on three of them i still worry about the effects that it could have on people. After all everyone is different. Hmm its also interesting to see the opinions of Setten's boss as well in this. He does seem to be a decent person as he asks for the opinions of others as well. Gonno is right about the purpose of a information network though. Be it the internet or Tv its purpose is to share information. Naturally they will have to take responsibility for the info thats broadcasted and even more so in this case. Hanamori is as overworked as always lol. Hmm so Saraka ended up borrowing Shindou for the day because she wanted to negotiate with him eh. Still its nice to see that while Ritsu is reluctant Hanamori is willing to shoulder the work while Shindou and Saraka talk.

Hmm both Saraka and Shindou are veteran Negotiators from their respective ministries and both can be considered to be the aces of them as well. This talk should be really interesting. Hmm so this more like a casual conversation eh. Hmm Saraka looks pretty different in civilian attire lol. Nice T shirt as well lol. Hmm so the talk is going to be at her parents house eh. Visiting her parents already lol. Hmm so it seems that Saraka doesn't bring people home that often eh lol. Lol Saraka getting displeased that Shindou is getting more recognition that she is from her family. Lol it looks like her family completely got the wrong reason for Shindou's visit though. Lol Saraka's reaction to this was just hillarious and man her face was just so red when she tried to deny it lol. Still its nice that the misunderstanding was sorted out. Hmm its always funny seeing Saraka blush when Shindou is praising her though lol. Hmm so Saraka's family are metal fixture decorators eh. Interesting career that also has a deep history as well. I didn't realize they were handmade actually. But as Saraka said its a career thats slowly vanishing with time. Still i like the fact that this episode allowed Saraka and Shindou to have a talk outside of their jobs when they can't express their true feelings as readily. Surprisingly outside of her job Saraka is a bit of a free spirit eh one that likes to learn, explore and imagine things from what she learned. She also seems to believe that evolution should be natural as the animals on Earth was.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2017 7:06 AM

Jun 2013
Holy crap I could see that misunderstading from a mile away, and I'm confident everyone else did as well. Surely, there would be a very good reason why that whole thing was included; it definitely wasn't just padding or hamfisted fanservice, right? Right? Even if it was supposed to be symbolic of traditions, I think the scene with the artifacts that Tsukai's family has been making for generations would have been enough for that.

Anyways, everything else was alright. But zaShunina has more tricks up his sleeve, apparently.

Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
And here we got a good illustration of Japan's history. Isolationism like in the Edo period : "avoid any contact with the exterior", "let's live on our own", all personified in Tsukai's mentality.
It's real. That was once Japan.

Great point. I don't agree with her but I can see where she is coming from.
LeeTailorJun 8, 2017 7:18 AM
Jun 8, 2017 4:08 PM

Mar 2016
I really don't understand how this anime only has 7.41! I mean, this anime is very good... For each question there's a great explanation and the way characters interact and develop is amazing!
We need more like this... :D
Jun 8, 2017 5:03 PM

Dec 2008
zaShunina got really creepy at the end there. I'm uncomfortable and, after seeing the previews, scared to watch the next episode.
Jun 15, 2017 12:15 PM
Jul 2015
Sorry double post.
Walker-VargasJun 15, 2017 12:20 PM
Jun 15, 2017 12:20 PM
Jul 2015
I'm pretty sure someone who has to deal with the worlds problems, would give a different answer, than a wealthy, healthy, first world government worker. I honestly don't think she's measuring improvement from the starting line, most of the world is at. She's probably not even thinking about that view point, rather than intentional disregarding it. BTW that's what you call privilege.
Jun 24, 2017 3:19 PM

Feb 2013
I find the way this "broadcast" was handled to be very irresponsible, yet probably very realistic.

They advertised the event to gain viewers without prior detailed disclosure. Of course most will be watching! (funny scene with people ready to vomit) This is also realistic because of the ad-revenue etc. Basically an information arms race. It's not surprising someone intended to win that race without regard to the consequences.

Alien dude smirk at the end...
This anime has always had an eerie feeling, that things aren't going to end well. We shall see.

Also, that was a lovely date they had.
Jul 11, 2017 10:31 AM

Jan 2014
I want more Saraka x Shindo!

next ep gonna reveal more mysteries
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

226 by StarryNight157 »»
Jan 7, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2017

71 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.