Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2010 11:39 PM
Jun 2010
At episode 23 I was itching to finish this and immediately rate it a 10, then that ending happened....

So all the other characters get to lead happy lives and the two you root for the entire anime don't even get together :/ Perfection would have been something heartwarming after the cape scene but nope. Oh wells. It was great while it lasted.
Oct 10, 2010 7:42 PM

Apr 2009
DarkBlue said:
RoadLord said:
The ending was kinda disappointing because Satou and Misaki aren't together (they don't say so anyway).

Exacly, why are almost all animé endings like this!? It's so frustrating! It's not like the creators will die from drawing a little more happieness! Or maybe the storywriters are like Satou and think it's to embarassing to write about things like them kissing or something.

When I watch animé I do it because I want to escape the depressing reallity, so make more happier endings damn it!!!

Otherwise this series was great! :P

I feel the same way. When it comes to endings, I would like to know if the people ended up together or not. It's not that hard...

Anyways....I enjoyed Welcome to the NHK a lot more than I initially thought I would. I enjoyed it a lot, even if I wasn't a particular fan of some of the cast. The series certainly had its enjoyable moments.
Oct 11, 2010 3:29 AM

Jul 2009
ender650 said:
I loved the ending- an overly happy ending wouldnt fit this anime, and this ending was pretty happy in my opinion.

agreed!. loved the series. one of my favorites.
Oct 12, 2010 9:58 AM
Jun 2010
this was shit
i feel like i wasted my time. The ending was so crap. THey could have atleast kissed. That would be good. Fucks sake
Oct 26, 2010 8:38 PM
May 2010
One of the best endings in all anime. Perfect just the way it is.
Oct 26, 2010 8:39 PM
May 2010
Oct 26, 2010 8:39 PM
May 2010
Oct 27, 2010 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
Now im done with this show.... What can i say? its the second anime (first is elfen lied) that actually affected my emotional state from time to time... they really managed to make things overdramatic in a realistic way...

This episode started of as kickass and had me on the edge of my seat, untill after the house scene... after that it was okay i guess
Oct 31, 2010 9:12 AM

Sep 2010
I really hate the way this anime ended. It left a bad taste from the whole anime and I gave just 7/10 for this even though most of the anime was great.
NiniusNov 1, 2010 7:51 AM
Oct 31, 2010 10:40 PM
Jul 2009
That was okay I guess.
Nov 1, 2010 1:12 AM
Jan 2009
DarkBlue said:
RoadLord said:

When I watch animé I do it because I want to escape the depressing reallity, so make more happier endings damn it!!!

Otherwise this series was great! :P

You truly made me laugh! XD!!!
Nov 7, 2010 8:59 AM

Mar 2010
It was great, maybe could have ended it a bit happier, but it's still great.
Nov 10, 2010 11:48 PM

Jun 2009
I finished rewatching this last week and it only made me appreciate Welcome to the NHK even more. It's definitely the series that defines the young people of today.
Nov 21, 2010 4:30 AM

Dec 2009
It's not easy to mix the depressive elements of reality and comedy into one bowl. NHK does this very well. A definite masterpiece.
Doubt Doubt.
Nov 23, 2010 9:57 PM

Oct 2008
Hee, just finished it.

I really loved this series though the whole suicide scene type thing wasn't the highlight of the series to me. I like the open-endedness though. They seem to be pretty close and it feels like they're just taking baby steps towards a better future. Sato has a job and Misaki is going to go to college. It's all fine and dandy to me - it's already a happy ending in itself.

I'll probably read the manga though since the anime seems to be lacking a lot of its elements.
Nov 26, 2010 9:00 PM

Nov 2010
xElement said:
It's not easy to mix the depressive elements of reality and comedy into one bowl. NHK does this very well. A definite masterpiece.

my thoughts exactly. there were scenes that were so depressing yet still had me laughing out loud. one of my favorite series.
Nov 27, 2010 11:39 AM

Sep 2009
On the topic of the last episode, it was pretty disappointing since like many, I would have preferred Misaki and Satou to have a closer relationship than the one they just forged now. But oh well, overall, this show was the most engaging thing I've seen in a long time. I laughed, I was depressed, I felt extreme roneryness. A good 9/10
Dec 1, 2010 10:08 PM

Apr 2009
I actually thought the ending was pretty fitting. I don't think a mushy romance between Satou and Misaki would've been fitting and with both of them in a currently unstable psychological state, I like the fact that they left it with them kind of taking life's journey together. I think it was satisfying because, like the rest of the anime, it seemed realistic.
Dec 1, 2010 10:19 PM

Nov 2010
I thought the ending was fitting. I never really thought Satou would stop being a Hikikomori, so seeing him basically stay the same was natural. Moreover, despite Misaki's clear feelings for Satou, this wasn't a romance anime, so that there wasn't an official relationship was natural as well. I do think it would have been nice if they got closer to an actual relationship, but I think they way they are at the end is just fine. Most notable, all lose ends were tied up. It was a satisfying ending for sure.
Dec 6, 2010 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
This was one of the best ends I've seen till now, it wasn't forcefully made "happely ever after" and it wasn't out of theme so it was really good. When Satou was trying to do a suicide I really felt for him but the end was really touching. I liked it quite a lot and this finale pisode made the whole anime for me, really well done. It shows the different side of society, not only the good/fun moments but also the people with a hard life etc, it was good for a change :)

9/10, I don't think I'll find an anime like this again ^^
Dec 17, 2010 6:07 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome series, really refreshing watching something like this after taking a pretty long break from anime like I have. Makes me want to get back into it again. Overall pacing of the show was pretty good and the ending, although it still feels empty, really fits into the anime. Problems like Satou's dont fix themselves over a the course of months, so it would have been weird to see him of living in his own house with Misaki or something. Also loved that whole discrimination-to-make-oneself-feel-superior message lol, and along with the whole conspiracy idea stuff this show made some pretty dam relevant points.

They could have defintely cut down the number of arcs and make the remaining ones much more detailed and indepth, or at the very least pay more attention to misaki's arc instead of the whole torotorotoro thing which they pretty much repeated with Satou anyway (the hikky gets hungry-->goes to get work thing).

Loved the originality of the series tho, also the eps also had me pretty hooked, 8/10 from me =)
Dec 17, 2010 9:45 PM
Oct 2010
Wow, I just finished the series yesterday, and I already have urges to rewatch the whole thing!

And I think the two having a closer relationship by the end wouldn't have been too unrealistic, I mean they fell in love when Sato(u) knew nothing about Misaki, and now that he does know, a stronger relationship can be formed.

Also, contrary to others, what I took from the ending was that Sato did cure his Hikky lifestyle; he got a job, and if you remember his little monologue about Hikky's, he says that Hikky-ness is a luxury spawning from no need to work. However, he is still a little socially inept, but that wouldn't be an issue with the mutal support of Misaki.
Dec 24, 2010 4:45 AM

Jan 2010
I disliked the ending...
Though I really did want to cry bitch tears when he caught Misaki. LOL
That NHK speech really fucking killed the mood, I was pretty annoyed.
Erk, not as great as I thought it'd be for me personally,
I had set my expectations unreasonably high which has affected my enjoyment dramatically.
Sucks to say, I'll give this an 8, though I want to give it a 7.
Jan 5, 2011 12:37 AM

Nov 2010
Just wish they kissed or something at the end woulda made the ending good.
It was not written in the stars that we be together.
Jan 9, 2011 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
Loved this series, but I'm sad to say I'm part of the "wtf no kiss?" camp.

I mean, I'm not asking for a kiss specifically, but really any sort of PDA before the fade to black, or even after the credits. A hug, holding hands, something? I know it's obvious what they feel etc etc, but I still like to see it at the end of a show i loved watching.
Jan 9, 2011 3:44 AM

Aug 2010
Bladin said:
I don't know what to rate this anime.

Let's start with a base of 5.
+3 for strong characters
+3 for well done drama
+2 for some decent comedy moments
+2 for being realistic in most situations
-1 for the annoying personifications of his mind(furniture coming to life)
-1 for bad animation/drawings at times
-2 for forgetting the romance in the beginning and at the end not resolving it.
-2 for a entire worthless middle, the game section, company section, and brother section, all felt added on, and basically by the time it was over everyone seemed to forget his crush on Misaki. It helped him get over his neet a bit, but that could easily have been handled by Misaki. They teased us with the almost kiss in the beginning and went with the "screw you anifags we aren't going to do anything with this"

so 9 overall? Kinda feel like it should be around a 6 because of the ending but it wouldnt be fair to rate it down that low due to the middle and final ending sequence

I guess this is basically what I'm trying to say. He admitted many times that he was in love with her, but they just refused to make it happen. Just a bummer.
Jan 15, 2011 6:34 PM
May 2008
I am a huge fan of the light novel, and so I've put off watching the anime adaption for awhile feeling it would be inferior. I finally watched the adaption and can say that it was a lot better than I thought it would be, despite a few discrepancies and unnecessary bits added it was fairly satisfying adaption. 8/10

Also, for the people complaining about Misaki and Tatsuhiro not technically becoming a couple, you have clearly missed the point of the ending. Essentially what binds Misaki and Tatsuhiro is not a final kiss, but the N.H.K. contract.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 16, 2011 3:31 AM

Feb 2009
great series. i enjoyed it very much.
might read the manga when i got time.
Jan 16, 2011 5:33 AM
May 2008
bonkler said:
great series. i enjoyed it very much.
might read the manga when i got time.

I would recommend going with the light novel.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 25, 2011 2:48 PM

Sep 2010
The tension in the last 5 episodes again quickly escalated similar to the first arc. At the near end we finally get to find out Misaki's plight and the truth behind her project.

Funny how Satou's hikky ways disappeared as soon as his livelihood was challenged. That strategy would have been so much more effective than the fail lessons (which were fail).

Next up was the N.H.K. boss, which was more or less random and did not really help with the atmosphere. w/e

Although the abandoned house scene was good.

Personally, a kiss at the end might have been nice too. While without it the romantic aspect is somewhat lacking, the contract does suggest their eternal companionship, which is indeed very heartwarming.

+ IMO, the beginning was slow-paced, but the ending for both arcs were strong and the story and each person's psychological behavior was so mundane.

- The whole game production + distribution seemed like futile effort ... very depressing T.T

8/10 for me

Feb 8, 2011 4:02 PM
Feb 2010
I'm a fan of open endings, so this was alright. Open endings are more realistic. The only definite ending that happens in real life is when one's own life ends.
Feb 14, 2011 8:44 PM
Jul 2008
Petty good ending. I was disappointed satou kun and misaki didn't kiss at the end. I would like to see their feeling for each other being developed in loved. At least yamazaki is happy to be with his long time childhood friend Nanako.
HellobeeFeb 14, 2011 8:53 PM
Feb 23, 2011 10:16 AM

Jun 2010
Well the last contract that Misaki handed to Tatsuhiro and he signed pretty much bound them together and they do begin a relationship with each other. I wish the anime would have shown us that far but the manga goes further and you will definitely see the relationship that happened in the end. Also Hitomi and her boyfriend that proposed to her have a strong relationship as well but was not shown because it takes place after the events in the end of the last episode. So please people settle down and read the manga or novel if you want to see what happens after the anime.
Mar 2, 2011 2:31 AM

Aug 2010
A good series ruined by a bad ending. I found the end to be quite lacking. I'm okay with open endings and such, but why tease the viewers in the beginning of the series with all those hints that lead to a certain "romance" between Satou and Misaki. It's like the feelings Satou had for Misaki were completely forgotten midway through the series and he just feels indifferent towards her now. Oh well, still a good series even though I expected a more romantic/happy ending. 8/10

Not sure if I should watch the manga for some better closure.
Mar 5, 2011 3:21 AM

Sep 2010
Great series. I expected something else at the end, but whatever. I was pleased the whole way through.
Mar 11, 2011 11:57 PM

Jul 2010
welll it was a depressing anime, but it was realistic, and none of this bullshit "happy endings" dont happen in real life. at most, like the anime said, nothing really got resolved, they havent really gotten better, but they havent gotten worse either.
as for character progression, satou's is really good, though he somehow got back to the piarnoid basics, and recruited a new member, senpai must be happy.

Apr 6, 2011 5:05 AM

Jul 2010
What the hell!? I feel feel emotionally ripped off!!! I know it's cliche but I feel a love scene would be the reward for sticking with the series. -____-

Anyway it was still a great anime with a disappointing ending.
Apr 7, 2011 8:53 AM

Jan 2010
Disappoiting ending, but I like this anime :] 9/10 for me
Sorry for my bad english ;c
Apr 20, 2011 11:22 PM

Dec 2007
The higher the expectations, the bigger the disappointment :/ 6/10 I enjoyed about half of the show....
Apr 21, 2011 6:00 PM
Jun 2010
I really enjoyed watching this series. It was a good laugh and also got deep at times, especially these last couple of episodes. It was interesting how Satou spent the whole time against the NHK only to sign up for it. I'll miss Pururin most of all ^ . ^
May 2, 2011 1:23 PM
Apr 2011
The ending was not dissappointing to me, I want the anime to go a little further with the Sato-Misaki relationship but I understand that the show is mainly about sato's misery and that the anime wouldn't want Sato to have even one satisfactory moment in the entire show. Oh well, I give the show a 7 out of ten though an 8 would also be appropriate. Not interested in the manga, so I guess this is good bye NHK. Don't let the conspiracy get you....
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

May 5, 2011 6:43 PM

Dec 2009
For me it was a great, dramatic story about people who can`t find their place in life. And such optimistic ending, with happy ends to all main characters - it was a great disappointment for me...
May 6, 2011 2:47 PM

Sep 2010
Time to list my complaints (most are opinions)
1 all the good aspects (things i personally liked) were drained out of this
2 The ending sucked (combined alot of my most hated endings)
3 This was supposed to be sad but no one died or stayed permanently insane (which for me tragedies are usually comedies (i am a sadist))
4 They try to set up a happy ending yet all the soul has already been released from the anime.

section two the ending

1 wtf he jumps off a cliff due to a hallucination

2 the game never sells well really i looked good

3 yamazaki never came back

4 misaki is alive (i liked her but she is even lower than me and deserves to die (started hated her in the later episodes))

5 bad ending styles fused leaving a permanent hole in my very soul

Like or don't like my opinions feel free to discuss it with me
May 8, 2011 10:57 PM
Mar 2010
I personally read the manga first, and I was here expecting something similar to it. But the plot is COMPLETELY different after about the middle.
Anyway, a great series nonetheless. Can't decide between 9/10 and 10/10...
May 11, 2011 8:42 PM
Oct 2010
It was a little bit disappointing that all of Sato's friends got married and had kids and Sato still didnt get involved in a romantic relationship with Misaki. Its not like Sato is going to meet anyone else anytime soon, Misaki is the best person for him and they can both help each other out in the relationship.
May 17, 2011 9:07 AM

Jan 2010
Just finished watching the whole series.

LOL. I give it 9/10 because I really relate to this anime. From being a NEET to getting addicted to online games and getting involved into that multi-level marketing sham. Damn it's like I was watching my life documented. :)) Fortunately though, I'm not a hikikomori. :) Sure I find it troublesome to go out at times and prefer to just stay home and relax but at least I'm not afraid of socializing or being in a huge crowd. :))
May 17, 2011 4:45 PM
May 2011
amazing anime , this kind of comedy i rlly missed, from the era of kabamaru :P

could u guys recommend me another anime like this one , this kind of comedy, or NEETs and hikikomori themes
May 20, 2011 1:03 AM
Jan 2011
It's breauriful!!!
May 24, 2011 9:35 AM

Jan 2010
ending wasnt bad but i feel like it could of been better. overall 9 out of 10
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Juliab - Apr 29, 2008

121 by narkotenshi »»
Today, 3:33 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Feb 6, 2008

213 by hanakocheeks »»
Apr 12, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

113 by TenmaLeftNut »»
Apr 7, 5:41 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

179 by CheeseBrie »»
Mar 31, 2:44 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Mar 2, 2008

143 by slugbait »»
Mar 28, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.