Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 1, 2017 9:08 PM
Jul 2016
Wait, so is satori and warabi both dead? Or they will magically some how be revived
Jun 2, 2017 5:55 AM

Jan 2017
Amou is so frickin badass!
Amou x Fudou FTW!

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jun 2, 2017 6:43 AM

Mar 2013
Seems like we finally got the identity of the masked girl... Also Tamaba and the sister backstory in addition with Tamaba's crying expression in the last moment when battling Amou are kind of sad.

Amou is dangerous and OP af, both in Attack and Defense. Next Episode will be interesting, Nomura vs. Inaba and maybe Amou vs. other five swords. And I kinda want to know the principal's identity.
Rio-Jun 2, 2017 6:46 AM
Jun 2, 2017 7:56 AM

May 2012
bobtrollinski said:
Wait, so is satori and warabi both dead? Or they will magically some how be revived

I doubt that they are dead. They are just injured and will probably get hospitalized
Jun 2, 2017 8:19 AM

Mar 2013
BigGilis said:
FinalFlash18 said:
Weird. Really weird episode.

Amou targeting Satori was another out of place scene. And there only one original photo so how did she got it? Though I enjoyed her badass scenes.

Check time 0:52, there was a letter envelope with a mask printed in it, the same mask Satori squad used, meaning SHE IS THE ONE who sent that photo to Amou, provoking her.

(not?) Satori is really crazy, and dangerously smart too. She realized not only Rin and Mary liked Nomura, but Amou too. So in order to fight Amou she just sent that last photo to her, leaving her furious (the bedroom was a mess).

(not) Satori's had that "just as planned" smirk when Amou went after her at the roof. She just forgot to considerate how OP the empress really was!

Damn. Dunno how I missed that scene. But still, on what basis she was sure that sending that photo will bring Amou to her? I don't recall her seeing Amou and MC interacting at all. So yeah, it felt forced indeed.
Jun 2, 2017 4:13 PM

Oct 2014
FinalFlash18 said:

Damn. Dunno how I missed that scene. But still, on what basis she was sure that sending that photo will bring Amou to her? I don't recall her seeing Amou and MC interacting at all. So yeah, it felt forced indeed.

Well, we can't deny Nomura is the only TRUE MAN in that entire school a girl could hope to fall in love with, right? :P

Still, like you said there were really few interactions between Amou and Nomura or (not) Satori before this episode. Some i remember are: During the Five Swords reunion (ep.1), during Warabimpiads reunion (Ep.4) and right after he defeated U.Choka and Amou saw his d**k (ep.3) ... maybe that's the moment she fell in love with him?! :D

Maybe there's other interactions in the original manga who were left out of the anime.
Jun 2, 2017 4:19 PM

Dec 2015
It's amazing how they wasted half an episode on a wig search, fucking ridiculous.

Only 3 more episodes to suffer through...I gotta hang in there.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 2, 2017 8:27 PM

Jan 2011
Jack_Corvus96 said:
winddevil1 said:
@Jack_Corvus96
how...can...you...not...love...the...way...satori...talks? =D
she is my 2nd favourite here after rin tbh

well... I... Just... dont... like... the... way... she... talks... its... way... too... irritating... =D

If having an annoying way to talk doesn't answer that question, I think it is just a matter of likes
Good lord that makes two of us. That bulshit bubble-headed ace sword/gun/fighting/magical girl trope is so fucking tire...and it seems to only be done worse and worse with each show that comes out with it.
Jun 2, 2017 8:36 PM

Feb 2016
QWERTYFish25 said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:

well... I... Just... dont... like... the... way... she... talks... its... way... too... irritating... =D

If having an annoying way to talk doesn't answer that question, I think it is just a matter of likes
Good lord that makes two of us. That bulshit bubble-headed ace sword/gun/fighting/magical girl trope is so fucking tire...and it seems to only be done worse and worse with each show that comes out with it.

Gladly we have shows like Seikaisuru Kado that are quite refreshing, sadly it gets underrated because there isn't boobs dancing around
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 2, 2017 9:44 PM

Dec 2009
Jack_Corvus96 said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

Gladly we have shows like Seikaisuru Kado that are quite refreshing, sadly it gets underrated because there isn't boobs dancing around

That's not really the point. For example, K-ON is one of the most highly regarded anime of all time in japan, yet as a show on it's own, it's not really all that special, just relatable to regular japanese school girls. Many other deeper and more artsy series often have viewership limited to people who're enveloped in the akiba culture regularly, or fancy themselves high-class.

A show like this actually gets underrated more than something like Kado, which just doesn't have popular appeal, as a show like this inevitably gets hammered on because of the ecchi stuff, and thus people miss the precision of the martial arts presentation in principle and so on.

People gripe about archetypal characters and claim it to be "lazy" or "poorly done" when in actuality, these archetypal appearances are intentional artistic choices. In reality people are bitching about preferences, as opposed to objective consideration.

This show is already refreshing in it's own right, for being both a dark violent plot, and a flash back to good old ecchi-blob series, and having quality swordplay. I say i have been impressed by a series that i though was just going to have weapon girls as gimmick and gag, instead of actually taking it seriously. I was under the initial impression that the spring season of anime this year was just gonna be a bunch of run-of-the-mill mediocre stuff, but i'm happy to have been proven wrong.
GenesisAriaJun 2, 2017 9:51 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jun 3, 2017 12:51 AM

Aug 2016
Sukebe14 said:
My reaction to first few minutes:

I got baited as well...

Tamaba getting rekt was satisfying in a sadistic way. The reveal of the sisters could've been done better but it gives a short gist of it which is enough for context of the scene.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 3, 2017 4:48 AM

Feb 2015
Could someone clarify something to me? The short-haired sister said there was only one photo, and that's the one from MC's jacket pocket, how did it end up at Satori so that she'd send it to Amou?
A diamond will always end up being concealed into the shadows~
Jun 3, 2017 7:26 AM

Feb 2016
GenesisAria said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:

That's not really the point. For example, K-ON is one of the most highly regarded anime of all time in japan, yet as a show on it's own, it's not really all that special, just relatable to regular japanese school girls. Many other deeper and more artsy series often have viewership limited to people who're enveloped in the akiba culture regularly, or fancy themselves high-class.

A show like this actually gets underrated more than something like Kado, which just doesn't have popular appeal, as a show like this inevitably gets hammered on because of the ecchi stuff, and thus people miss the precision of the martial arts presentation in principle and so on.

People gripe about archetypal characters and claim it to be "lazy" or "poorly done" when in actuality, these archetypal appearances are intentional artistic choices. In reality people are bitching about preferences, as opposed to objective consideration.

This show is already refreshing in it's own right, for being both a dark violent plot, and a flash back to good old ecchi-blob series, and having quality swordplay. I say i have been impressed by a series that i though was just going to have weapon girls as gimmick and gag, instead of actually taking it seriously. I was under the initial impression that the spring season of anime this year was just gonna be a bunch of run-of-the-mill mediocre stuff, but i'm happy to have been proven wrong.

I agree but Disagree: yeah, the swordplays and violent stuff in this anime is quite refreshing (Specially the MC that at least has the guts to confront a girl), but I can't just stand the girls, the annoyance is really high that the only satisfaction I get is when the MC wins over them, that aside the cringe-y comedy this has (and cringe moments too, I.E today's bath scene) this show is 50/50 for me

PD: K-on is way too misleading for me, I will never see what's so good about it
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 3, 2017 11:12 AM

Jan 2011
Jack_Corvus96 said:
QWERTYFish25 said:

Barely boobs in here and it wouldn't do well given the stiff feeling of animation. Oddly enough the animation from Konosuba really made the fanservice feel "fleshy".
Jun 3, 2017 4:47 PM

May 2015
Lol, things surely turned into a mess.

Jun 3, 2017 7:56 PM

Dec 2009
Jack_Corvus96 said:
GenesisAria said:
I agree but Disagree: yeah, the swordplays and violent stuff in this anime is quite refreshing (Specially the MC that at least has the guts to confront a girl), but I can't just stand the girls, the annoyance is really high that the only satisfaction I get is when the MC wins over them, that aside the cringe-y comedy this has (and cringe moments too, I.E today's bath scene) this show is 50/50 for me

K-ON is a difficult subject because objectively isn't not a profound series or anything (i personally am struggling to see anything significant about it), but it struck all the right nerves at the right times, leaving an impression of divine simplicity which spoke to the hearts of schoolgirls, and guys who've seen schoolgirls be themselves, and in turn it is a notably accurate depiction of such a thing. At the same time, i was not getting into my anime-watching prime, expertise and wisdom at the time i first watched this series, and have gotten so many of the values it would have given me, from series that game later, which for various reasons i prefer. (ps: k-on's writer actually has extremely multi-cultured and unique artistic interests)

I've always enjoyed archetype characters and hyperbole depiction of said archetypes, so that not even remotely bothers me. I find it entertaining. The plot is all ham-fisted, it's obvious, and it's mostly just contrivance for a bunch of martial arts nonsense. Archetype characters are indirectly resultant in character studies of particular traits, and mixed together to see what would happen, almost like a messed up social experiment. With that thinking, i find archetypal (either pre-existing or inventing a new archetype) characters preferable to ones that are too"realistic normal human" as they tend to get dull and monochromatic... Like when you stick too many things into a blender, you just get a horrible intermediated mush.

I just mentioned K-ON as an example of popularity, which also differs from the west. Something that is regarded as amazing here, might be very niche over there, like Cowboy Bebop for example. Something huge over there might be regarded as even off-putting in the west, like Kemono Friends. If anything should be said, is to treat every anime as it's own animal (no pun intended) and try not to drag your precepts into it.

QWERTYFish25 said:
Barely boobs in here and it wouldn't do well given the stiff feeling of animation. Oddly enough the animation from Konosuba really made the fanservice feel "fleshy".
Konosuba actually had a lot of passion and effort put into it's sloppy-goofy look. Despite how slap-together it seems, it was done intentionally, and often scenes were frame-by-frame drawn.
GenesisAriaJun 3, 2017 8:09 PM

Jun 3, 2017 8:11 PM

May 2010
LOL, the comments on the last page calling this a feminazi anime!

The protagonist of this show is a dude, who so far has handily beaten all the antagonists who happen to be girls. How is one dude beating the shit out of some girls, who proceed to follow him around like lost puppies, even remotely feminist, let alone femi*nazi*?

The girls are all moe, their appeal is the same as tsundere/yandere archetypes. They are otaku fetish objects through and through! That's not to say I don't like them, but don't pretend for a second that this show isn't about a superior male building a harem through sheer domination.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 3, 2017 8:19 PM

Dec 2009
@Seabury
We'll have to see if he can even beat the last boss, or if she'll remain the femdom and set him as #2 in the school hierarchy...

Jun 3, 2017 8:36 PM

Jan 2011
GenesisAria said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:

K-ON is a difficult subject because objectively isn't not a profound series or anything (i personally am struggling to see anything significant about it), but it struck all the right nerves at the right times, leaving an impression of divine simplicity which spoke to the hearts of schoolgirls, and guys who've seen schoolgirls be themselves, and in turn it is a notably accurate depiction of such a thing. At the same time, i was not getting into my anime-watching prime, expertise and wisdom at the time i first watched this series, and have gotten so many of the values it would have given me, from series that game later, which for various reasons i prefer. (ps: k-on's writer actually has extremely multi-cultured and unique artistic interests)

I've always enjoyed archetype characters and hyperbole depiction of said archetypes, so that not even remotely bothers me. I find it entertaining. The plot is all ham-fisted, it's obvious, and it's mostly just contrivance for a bunch of martial arts nonsense. Archetype characters are indirectly resultant in character studies of particular traits, and mixed together to see what would happen, almost like a messed up social experiment. With that thinking, i find archetypal (either pre-existing or inventing a new archetype) characters preferable to ones that are too"realistic normal human" as they tend to get dull and monochromatic... Like when you stick too many things into a blender, you just get a horrible intermediated mush.

I just mentioned K-ON as an example of popularity, which also differs from the west. Something that is regarded as amazing here, might be very niche over there, like Cowboy Bebop for example. Something huge over there might be regarded as even off-putting in the west, like Kemono Friends. If anything should be said, is to treat every anime as it's own animal (no pun intended) and try not to drag your precepts into it.

QWERTYFish25 said:
Konosuba actually had a lot of passion and effort put into it's sloppy-goofy look. Despite how slap-together it seems, it was done intentionally, and often scenes were frame-by-frame drawn.
This. Honestly I would pick that animation over Grandblu or the Tales animation almost any day. No, looking back on the final battle scene, when deen really puts their shit up they blow those unlimited budget works out of the water.
Jun 3, 2017 10:32 PM

Oct 2008
wow this is getting a little bit interesting!
Amou suddenly bringing down Satori effortlesly and even Warabi is struggling!
and as for Nomura he'll fight the strongest of the five swords which is Inaba!
5/5!

Jun 4, 2017 5:45 AM

Dec 2009
QWERTYFish25 said:
GenesisAria said:
This. Honestly I would pick that animation over Grandblu or the Tales animation almost any day. No, looking back on the final battle scene, when deen really puts their shit up they blow those unlimited budget works out of the water.
I'm actually not a fan of Konosuba's animation. The goofly-sloppy thing is not for me. They didn't beat UBW no, ufotable has been setting precedents for tv anime for some time now. I personally prefer more care and resolution put into important keyframes even if animation lacks a bit. I never noticed Konosuba's care for animation until i saw some frame-stepping. They tried so hard with the sloppy style that it looks almost like just bad tweening (which it is occasionally - perhaps what they did is do some bad tweening then fix it up). This show isn't lazy on the animation (the keyframes are average), but they try to be efficient, like with most mid-range productions.

I haven't studied Granblue's animation frames, but it's art style is definitely enjoyable, as a sort of blast from the past - an attempted aged style. I'm not sure what their method is, because it's very difficult to find technical sakuga info in english.

...Anyways, always appreciate A for A. Everything has merits.
GenesisAriaJun 4, 2017 5:55 AM

Jun 4, 2017 9:21 AM

Oct 2016
So, Satori was killed in this episode?

I thought this episode was way darker than the ones before.
Jun 4, 2017 12:09 PM

Jan 2011
GenesisAria said:
QWERTYFish25 said:
I'm actually not a fan of Konosuba's animation. The goofly-sloppy thing is not for me. They didn't beat UBW no, ufotable has been setting precedents for tv anime for some time now. I personally prefer more care and resolution put into important keyframes even if animation lacks a bit. I never noticed Konosuba's care for animation until i saw some frame-stepping. They tried so hard with the sloppy style that it looks almost like just bad tweening (which it is occasionally - perhaps what they did is do some bad tweening then fix it up). This show isn't lazy on the animation (the keyframes are average), but they try to be efficient, like with most mid-range productions.

I haven't studied Granblue's animation frames, but it's art style is definitely enjoyable, as a sort of blast from the past - an attempted aged style. I'm not sure what their method is, because it's very difficult to find technical sakuga info in english.

...Anyways, always appreciate A for A. Everything has merits.

It's quite nice but it doesn't speak to me. It isn't serile feeling like LN VN pre-2010 shows but it just feels...out of place at times. Like even for the so far (I'm only at ep 3) light hearted story it doesn't match. But then again I'm rarely for cutesy anime now a days.
Jun 4, 2017 10:34 PM

Aug 2013
It was good to see the empress cleaning the garbage.

But still... so many scenes where it clearly shows this is a low budget anime...
The battle was poop, i felt like i was watching a duel on wich someone removed half of its scenes :I

Overral i feel like it will be a 6 out of 10 depending on the rest of the show.
(Theres people giving it nines already, i wonder if they have a bad sight, it could explain such score)
Still disapointed, even school days had better animations, heck, even some 90s anime looked better....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2017 9:05 AM

Jan 2011
GenesisAria said:
Shit. This got pretty intense pretty quick. At first we had an absurd yet entertaining series, but now it's getting real.

Driugen said:
Actually no. If you watched enough Martial Art films, this is an ability that often comes up the Iron Body technique. They simply just turned up to the maximum. I mean we have the MC who can send out shockwaves from his hand. This is the Martial Arts genre at it's finest.
The hand-shockwaves is a qi-based art, it actually starts at the ground, not the chest; it's akin to the 1-inch punch. It's heavily exaggerated in this series, but you can cause organ-scrambling blows without an accelerated limb. It's longitudinal force, you literally resonate a pressure-wave through your body starting from a kick to the ground.
"Spirit" is a reference to qi. "Bullet" is a reference to the speed in which it happens.

Watching this show has made me review some martial arts stuff, and this has been pretty damn good. It's hard to come across series that reasonably demonstrate the strategy and tactics of exchanging blows in actual fights (by that i mean not in sports, but combat with the intent of killing or incapacitating your enemy) especially with weapons, particularly swords, involved.

up next: some battou-jutsu...

(if anyone knows rurouni kenshin, this should all be very familiar)

Fun fact: The Katana isn't as strong as it is made out to believe, or is only as strong as its wielder. A careless swipe can break the sword.
Jun 6, 2017 3:03 PM

Dec 2009
QWERTYFish25 said:
Fun fact: The Katana isn't as strong as it is made out to believe, or is only as strong as its wielder. A careless swipe can break the sword.

In anime, especially ones with fantasy elements, swords are often canonically impervious to physical damage, and are only susceptible to special damage.

They're not THAT delicate; i've seen plenty of amateurs swing them around like clubs without them breaking. Breaks come from accumulated damage, like the "cutting a sword in half" trope, or from significant force applied laterally.

Jun 7, 2017 9:13 PM

Dec 2013
The show has gotten my attention now. Ever since Satori showed up things have been getting better and the Empress steered this episode into an interesting direction.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jun 21, 2017 7:35 AM

Jun 2013
Damn this episode got pretty dark!
Jul 18, 2017 9:34 AM

Aug 2016
Bitch better not hurt the bear...
Nanika ga Okashii
Aug 16, 2017 9:16 PM

May 2012
Oh shit that ending! Pretty intense episode, looking forwards to see what's next.
Dec 6, 2017 1:59 AM

Sep 2012
Seabury said:
LOL, the comments on the last page calling this a feminazi anime!

The protagonist of this show is a dude, who so far has handily beaten all the antagonists who happen to be girls. How is one dude beating the shit out of some girls, who proceed to follow him around like lost puppies, even remotely feminist, let alone femi*nazi*?

what can u do there are dumb ppl in this world who haven't learned what feminist means :)
Dec 21, 2017 7:39 AM

Mar 2015
Aww man I liked Satori!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 1, 2018 10:12 PM

Mar 2017
Can’t see a reason to remove the sisters from the anime when it’s “ five swords “
Apr 17, 2018 1:42 AM

Sep 2013
Holy fuck this is stupid. Now the kids are outright killing each other. Once again, I know this is anime and not to be taken seriously. I know I'm supposed to suspend my disbelief and just enjoy the ride...but come on! We've got kids torturing each other, killing each other, riding fucking bears in the hallway and no adults anywhere. WTF is this supposed to be? Why did they bother trying to make it a school setting? Why not make it a prison and turn it into a survival game anime or something like that.

I just can't get past my ever-present thought that a school like this would simply never exist...ever. The same story would be so much better in a different setting.

This whole thing is just so damn stupid.
Maelstrom184Apr 17, 2018 1:49 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 2, 2019 7:40 AM

Apr 2013
Unexpected focus on Amou, I thought the white-haired girl would be next and the Empress would come after that.
Jul 27, 2023 5:24 AM

Aug 2019
what even happened this episode? other than literally everything :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2017

176 by ishudamor124 »»
Feb 21, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

102 by Talamare »»
Jan 2, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

132 by Ziggy0258 »»
Nov 9, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2017

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 27, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

51 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 27, 2023 4:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.