Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 26, 2010 6:24 PM

May 2009
Laughed pretty hard a few times during the episode, so no problems here. References were fun too, even if the episode was overloaded with them.

Feel bad for Shimada. Having the value of her picture reduced down to a toss-in freebie for buying Hideyoshi pics is so wrong. LOL.

This is the second consecutive episode that has ended on a touching, sweet note. Is this something that they're going to keep doing? Not complaining as I like the Shouko smile-head tilt combo as much as the next guy.
ArcticMechFeb 26, 2010 7:29 PM
Feb 26, 2010 6:33 PM

Sep 2009
Soo many eva references. I tend to miss some gundam regerences since I have yet to see any of the series....(one day I will). Himeji's summon is a treat..
Feb 26, 2010 6:52 PM

Feb 2009
so much parody...
Feb 26, 2010 7:25 PM

Jul 2008
when did the pervert get geass? so the only way for akihisa to get a huge score is simple problems, and he only won b/c her score was 0, lol
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 26, 2010 7:41 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't think this one was all that funny.
But I did like it for the most part, it was cute.
Ah, I really loved the Code Geass reference, even though it was badly placed (:
Feb 26, 2010 8:14 PM

Feb 2010
werr-y said:
francismeunier said:
That was Evangelion reference. They always use that kind of cross looking explosions.
francismeunier said:

Probably Spice and Wolf?

Overall, this episode was full of references :D

gloryfy said:
Somehow it remind me of Evangelion.........
Of course it does...
CEOBallin said:
Only 5 episodes left!?

Makes me sad

Hope there is a 2nd season
Even if there is one it would take at least an year.
Yukari_Hiwada said:
Did not make me laugh much but pretty entertaining episode.

Did not care with the references, I only knew few. Shouko was cute at the end, joining everybody with the supplementary lessons. I guess next episode would be interesting, judging from the title (Kiss, Bust and Ponytail). I hope for more Minami.
I hope so too. I kind of prefer Minami to Himeji.
Ryushi said:

Also, Akihisa's bracelet was supposed to make a SMALL field, so how could he reach the computer room, if it was distant?
He was just outside the room, so only a wall separated him from the cable.
Sherr said:
"The Power Glove. It's so fucking suck it fucks.."
Kinda like this episode.
I just don't find this show funny anymore. :|

The only good parts were:
THIS, THIS, and THIS.
*Ahem*
True. This episode was probably the worst yet. There were some funny things though, not much, but there were.
Hideyoshilover said:
Maximatum99 said:
Hideyoshilover said:
Maximatum99 said:
This show does not do references well... disregarding the other things it doesn't do well.

If it took half the references from Evangelion, why not a mind fuck ending?!

Shittiest episode thus far.

*sigh*

It kind of sucks that I don't like it as much as you, "Hideyoshilover".

Just showing my love for the best show of the season!
I seriously doubt that statement. This is far from the best show of the season.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO LIKE!
Feb 26, 2010 9:11 PM

May 2008
Code geass reference PWNSSSS

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 26, 2010 9:23 PM

Apr 2008
rawrs ... pretty funny as usual ...

Feb 26, 2010 10:04 PM

Feb 2008
dear lord is there any anime they missed in this episode? i lost count.
Feb 26, 2010 11:09 PM

May 2007
werr-y said:
ShiroiRyu said:
Bah ... Durarara is not the best show this season for me.
After four episodes, i dropped. XD
Well, I am not surprised, considering your anime preferences... You have given all pokemon and digimon animes 10s. At least you got Spice and Wolf right ^^

Though I find it strange that you liked katanagatari, but didn't Durarara.
The only thing wrong here is you thinking you are actually someone to judge someone's opinion as right or wrong.
Like ShiroiRyu said,
ShiroiRyu said:
So the taste and the colors of each ... hum ? :)

I belive belittling someone opinion just because that person rated pokemon high is just ridiculous.
Feb 26, 2010 11:46 PM

Oct 2009
Weird I actually just started watching Evangelion, and then this episode has a CRAP-TON of Eva references!XD I also loved the geass and Darkstalker reference parts. This episode was overall enjoyable and funny for me. Hideyoshi, Voyer, Minami, and Yoshi was awesome as usual.
Feb 26, 2010 11:57 PM

Nov 2008
The poison swamp and feeling numb may be reference to Demon's Souls 5-2 stage.
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Feb 27, 2010 12:08 AM

Feb 2010
After all this laughter and things, they decided to make a "full" episode of summoned beings. They could do of course without half of the references of (almost) EVERY other anime that exists but still same as always. I can't wait to see the next episode (and since you've said that it's gonna be an episode for Minami I can't wait even more!!)

Yoshii-kun:
"No, this cant be happening.
Stop this, please.
Stop it!
Yuuji! Hideyoshi! Minori! Himeji-san! Dad!
Stop!
Make it stop!.......
------------------------------"

Truly LOVED this part!
Feb 27, 2010 1:09 AM

Sep 2008
So was there a reference for every minute of the show? I lost track after the first 5.

Was still pretty interesting over all though, enjoyed it as much as the last episode~
Feb 27, 2010 1:33 AM

Jan 2009
Wow this episode had Evangelion throughout and may other references

3:38 Geass

4:15 Evangelion

12:19- 12:46 Evangelion

13:09 Evangelion ep Half way point

15:10 - 15:22 Mario world

19:00 - 19:17 Evangelion
Feb 27, 2010 2:50 AM

Aug 2009
SEED MODE!
Feb 27, 2010 3:33 AM

Sep 2007
Like Ryushi said, you can like what you want, i can like what i want.
We are in democracy, no ? XD
I can't give a shit for Haruhi because that don't suit my tastes but i love Pokemon & Digimon because i always liked "monsters" animés.
So Monster Ranch or others is more my tastes.
I love fantasy world, demon and other creatures like you can love more brainstorming animes, it's good for you. :]

And don't be afraid, i'm not ashamed to love Pokemon & Digimon. (It's two "things" i loved when i have been like 10 years old and now, i'm 22 years old. It's just like someone love football from their childhood)

And i'm not ashamed to love oppai, hentai animes too.
We can create a flamewar with the consoles too if you want ! Like, i prefer a Wii, some others prefer the PS3 or XBOX360. :D
Feb 27, 2010 7:54 AM

Oct 2009
ShiroiRyu said:
I can't give a shit for Haruhi because that don't suit my tastes but i love Pokemon & Digimon because i always liked "monsters" animés.
I love fantasy world, demon and other creatures like you can love more brainstorming animes, it's good for you. :]

And don't be afraid, i'm not ashamed to love Pokemon & Digimon. (It's two "things" i loved when i have been like 10 years old and now, i'm 22 years old. It's just like someone love football from their childhood)

We can create a flamewar with the consoles too if you want ! Like, i prefer a Wii, some others prefer the PS3 or XBOX360. :D

I will butt in on this and just say that whatever you choose to watch....all you got to do is just accept the fact that the person likes going back on the subject most people I will assume like this show for its comedy/ecchi/perhaps good references and original summon battle thing but other series will like for other elements like me for example although I hate the vampire element in Dance in the Vampire Bund I absolutely like the action, struggles and little love that was between werewolf and a female human. Regardless accepting the other and not judging is best for me....just putting in my view.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 27, 2010 8:05 AM

Jan 2010
ShiroiRyu said:

Now, now. What I only meant was that is normal for someone who likes Pokemon not to like Durarara, since they are completely different animes. I am not judging anyone, nor am I telling you what to watch...
Feb 27, 2010 8:15 AM

May 2009
All the Evangelion, Geass and SEED references were pretty cool. Entertaining episode.
Feb 27, 2010 8:52 AM

Nov 2007
They're trying to recover for last week's Shoukanjuu-less episode.

Also, they're trying to be like SHAFT with their reference, crazy art and comedic things and like that~

Feb 27, 2010 9:00 AM

Jan 2010
underMebius said:

Also, they're trying to be like SHAFT with their reference, crazy art and comedic things and like that~
Yeah, but no one can be like SHAFT, that's why their animes are unique... This episode failed in more than one aspect...
Feb 27, 2010 10:19 AM

Mar 2008
Oh wow, EPIC! So many references, that was really fantastic !
Feb 27, 2010 11:31 AM

Feb 2008
I quite enjoyed this episode. Sure there were too many references for anything, but it was still entertaining. My favorite references were the Geass and Mario Bros. This series can always make me laugh. :)
Feb 27, 2010 12:01 PM
Sep 2009
I think it is kinda sad that people would watch a comedy like this and not expect to see some references and some serious plot holes. I personally love all the references! I think the greatest thing about this show is being able to watch it and laugh and say oh wow! That was totally an eva reference! Also all the stereotypes this show makes fun of just keeps me coming back. If you are any kind of otaku then you should all know better than to watch a show like this and look for a serious plot line...so don't disappoint yourselves and bring down the mood of the message board.
Feb 27, 2010 12:11 PM

Dec 2009
Lol, I thought everyone dropped the plot for the comedy this show has to offer haha. References were shown obviously but good ones nonetheless. Still made me laugh so good episode.
Feb 27, 2010 2:55 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting episode. I am awfully good at overlooking things in general. The fact that even in the non-sensible world of this show there were plot holes didn't bother me. Guess it was good to see a whole episode where they implement the battle system.
I personally like picking out references since it makes you feel that your abundance of anime knowledge is useful.
Feb 27, 2010 6:17 PM
Feb 2010
this is why they change the Coffee table on first place and changing class teacher...
to do this
u forgot MGS reference the obvious reference
Ironman Love Box...
he Got skill to be join Foxhound Unit
oh its Just a BOX!
Feb 27, 2010 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
underMebius said:

Like half the staff working on this show is originally from SHAFT.
Feb 27, 2010 10:31 PM

Jun 2009
I really thought Yoshii would want Shimada's pic.. (scene)
Tsuchiya and Yoshii trade converstion lol!!!!

The ESB system were Yoshii being is summoned randomly but poor him he always get the multiple pain from other people

Himeji's grown up version being.. FTW thats Lilith?? LOL Shimada's version

FTW Tsuchiya bullying Himeji ; Hideyoshi's being aswell

What's with Ironman, its and emergency and still the supplementary lesson is ongoing

Everyone's for the S.Lesson.

BEST EP since the last 2 ones. I bet ep 9 will be fun.
ZinvyFeb 27, 2010 11:17 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 28, 2010 12:16 AM
Jul 2009
Hahaha.

Summoning battles?
Check.
References to NGE, Code Geass, Darkstalkers, Super Mario, and RPGs?
Check.
A little fan service?
Check.

Pretty good episode.
Feb 28, 2010 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode as always.
And oh how I just love Himeji <3
Hideyoshi's not any less cuter but I can't love him cause he's a he after all TT___TT oh bummer XD

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Feb 28, 2010 11:46 AM
Jun 2009
good, it was a great episode...i lol'ed at beggining when they were showin hideyoshi's pics....lol
Feb 28, 2010 1:18 PM

Aug 2009
The best and most ridiculous episode I've seen so far! :P
Mar 1, 2010 12:38 AM

Aug 2009
This episode doesn't make sense.

and, that's the major reason why I loved this episode... :P
Mar 1, 2010 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
Wut? Uh.. That's some weird summoning (°_o)
And what the crap? Dude something's seriously wrong here ( ̄ー ̄)
So first Voyeur's got a Geass ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
And then that random dude tries to hack into NERV? ( ¯‿¯)
NGE all over the place ( ゚ ー ゚)
Dude, that's like.. Over 9000~ ┐('~`;)┌
Though it was incredibly predictable, it was actually good. ◔ ◡ ◔
Guess this is what I'd call Win. (‐^▽^‐)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 1, 2010 12:20 PM

Apr 2009
I'm going to go ahead and make a bunch of logical assumptions that might be able to cover some plots holes. lol.

Ryushi said:

Summoned being cannot exist if the owner is not inside the summon area, therefore instead of getting a 0 grade, all they had to do was exit school.

It seems that after the first summoning, the being became disconnected from the summoner (as shown by the summoners not being able to control what the being did, and where it appeared in summoned fashion throughout the school). So there's a big chance that walking out of the school wouldn't have made them disappear. (However, the point systems for the beings doesn't seem to be in the same database (I guess it makes sense for the points and stats to be stored in one system, and operations in another), which is why the beings' stats were altered so easily.)

Ryushi said:

Also, Akihisa's bracelet was supposed to make a SMALL field, so how could he reach the computer room, if it was distant?

It was only the summoning that Yoshii had problems with. "It's because you tried to summon it in a corrupted field." Which means that aside from summoning, everything else for Yoshii should work fine in a corrupted field that encompassed the entire school.

Y/N?
Mar 1, 2010 1:38 PM

Dec 2009
I liked this episode. This whole series is basically like some weird guilty pleasure of mine. I feel like it’s one of those “it’s so bad it’s good” type of things.

ilikeyouevenmore said:
francismeunier said:
highlight of the ep :3

I loved that bit. (I liked the all the grown-up beings, really.)

What was with the one instructor wearing the empty orange box on his head though? : /

francismeunier said:
Yeah but I wish someone would translate exactly what was said in that part since my Japanese reading = 0% to understand.

Here's what the subs I had said:

OnyxEyes3Mar 1, 2010 4:49 PM
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Mar 1, 2010 3:00 PM

Sep 2009
francismeunier said:
Darkstalkers as in Morrigan/Lilith?=>

looks more like ToLOVERu to me
Mar 1, 2010 3:07 PM

May 2007
hikoghert said:
It seems that after the first summoning, the being became disconnected from the summoner (as shown by the summoners not being able to control what the being did, and where it appeared in summoned fashion throughout the school). So there's a big chance that walking out of the school wouldn't have made them disappear. (However, the point systems for the beings doesn't seem to be in the same database (I guess it makes sense for the points and stats to be stored in one system, and operations in another), which is why the beings' stats were altered so easily.)

Makes sense to me. I'll go with that.

hikoghert said:
It was only the summoning that Yoshii had problems with. "It's because you tried to summon it in a corrupted field." Which means that aside from summoning, everything else for Yoshii should work fine in a corrupted field that encompassed the entire school.
I'm quite sure the writters didn't plan that, but your explanation is very valid.
Mar 1, 2010 4:50 PM

Dec 2007
On the whole, I don't like this show.

But this episode is more or less the best Eva parody I've ever seen.

This episode: 5/5.

The series: 5/10.
Mar 2, 2010 6:36 AM

Dec 2007
Average episode. Most of the humor was taken out for plot >_>.

Fan service +1
References -1
Mar 2, 2010 9:04 AM

May 2007
Man a non-harem episode and everyone complains, I liked the change of pace we can only have so many lesbian jokes before they get old(heck they still had one). I liked the subtle Eva references, like the symbol with Baka.

I just wish I knew what the guy at the beginning was doing, who knows, continuing story.
My anime list
Mar 2, 2010 1:44 PM

Jan 2009
Code Geass + Mario + Evangelion.

A work of art indeed.
Mar 2, 2010 2:08 PM

Jun 2009
I wasn't really impressed... the whole idea of putting some "plot" didn't work out well for me. Decent episode.
Mar 2, 2010 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
epic parody on NGE & Geass....

Mar 2, 2010 4:41 PM

Oct 2009
OnyxEyes3 said:
Here's what the subs I had said:

Oh my! O_O Yuji you are so insisting aren't you? Which subs did it like this BTW?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 3, 2010 8:02 AM

Dec 2007
So much Eva in this episode it almost felt like I was watching an episode from the tv series not that that's a bad thing. The Code Geass and Super Mario references were nice add ins too xD along with every ones malfunctioning summoned beings. Definitely one of my favorite episodes so far.
Mar 3, 2010 1:15 PM

Nov 2007
BEST. EPISODE. EVER.
PERIOD.
Mar 3, 2010 5:12 PM

Sep 2008
this was the first boring episode of the series imo. Hope they get back on track, it was not funny enough
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

uis - Jan 6, 2010

235 by aronbebop »»
Apr 19, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 31, 2010

218 by Karva1 »»
Feb 9, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 17, 2010

140 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 3, 2010

160 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 10, 2010

176 by Karva1 »»
Feb 8, 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.