Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 7, 2017 3:43 PM

Jun 2007
Choostopher said:
d388 said:

In case you didn't know:

Both stories were written by the same person. :)

WOW great reveal on that, completely loved Hotarubi no Mori e and actually only heard about it and watched it from MAL recommendations..... Anymore series/OVAs/movies of this quality/nature?

I would say watch Mushishi, but you've already seen it.

Barakamon also has a mature story, great characters, and lots of feelings, and is also a hilarious comedy.
Jun 7, 2017 3:51 PM

Aug 2015
I didn't expect them to adapt this chapter.
Another excellent episode featuring a romance between a human and a youkai, it reminded me of the movie "Hotarubi no Mori e" but the end is less sad.

I really enjoyed it at the end when Natsume wonders if one day he will be in the same situation as Aoi.

Anyway, I'll see the next one tomorrow. Good night!

5/5
Jun 8, 2017 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
What a beautiful love story! Kaoru's character is phenomenal, I admire her determination and her mood. This episode was also great.
Jun 8, 2017 1:25 PM

Nov 2014
d388 said:
Choostopher said:

WOW great reveal on that, completely loved Hotarubi no Mori e and actually only heard about it and watched it from MAL recommendations..... Anymore series/OVAs/movies of this quality/nature?

I would say watch Mushishi, but you've already seen it.

Barakamon also has a mature story, great characters, and lots of feelings, and is also a hilarious comedy.

Mushishi was completely amazing, anymore supernaturally lovely Anime like these?
Jun 9, 2017 12:09 AM

Jun 2007
Choostopher said:
anymore supernaturally lovely Anime like these?

I wish!

But no. Not according to my knowledge. So here's hoping they will keep animating Natsume forever :)
Jun 9, 2017 4:21 PM

Nov 2014
d388 said:
Choostopher said:
anymore supernaturally lovely Anime like these?

I wish!

But no. Not according to my knowledge. So here's hoping they will keep animating Natsume forever :)

Ok it's not on the same level but between Natsume and Mushishi seasons can I recommend you try:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32696/Fukigen_na_Mononokean

IMO it's Natsume light
Jun 10, 2017 3:28 AM

Apr 2009
So.... once again I was wondering if Tanuma and Taki are actually dating?...
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Jun 10, 2017 12:55 PM

Jun 2007
Choostopher said:
d388 said:

I wish!

Ok it's not on the same level but between Natsume and Mushishi seasons can I recommend you try:

IMO it's Natsume light

Thanks, will check.
Jun 13, 2017 3:55 PM

Nov 2014
d388 said:
Choostopher said:

IMO it's Natsume light

Thanks, will check.

Oh yeah and hope you have been watching the Ancient Magus OVAs?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/32902/Mahoutsukai_no_Yome__Hoshi_Matsu_Hito
Jun 16, 2017 7:01 AM

Jul 2015
Wow! A romance episode of Natsume Yuujinchou that didn't have a very bittersweet or tragic ending. The relationship between Aoi and Kaoru (?) was very well done and felt natural, they both interacted with one another so no surprise that they fell in love.
Jun 19, 2017 10:21 PM

Oct 2012
Damn. Finally another person who can see youkai!

I hope she sticks around in the series. Such a wonderful person as well, so much so if she doesn't stick around it feels like a pity.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jun 21, 2017 4:38 AM
Nov 2013
Pknoctis said:
Yeah, I was surprised to see Aoi aging like a human, but maybe there's an explanation? E.g. bird youkai have shorter lives?

I was also surprised to see them actually going through with the human x youkai romance subplot. I don't think this has ever happened before in the series... lol

I think that by "there will be more tears" he meant his tears. He knows that he will outlive her by whole eternity so that's why he hesistated. Actually... we don't have a confirmation that he chose to be with her. I really like how they handled this plot. And how Natsume wasn't sure if they want them to be together or not.

I wonder if Kaoru was a man Aoi (by the way.. Natsume is hopeless at recognizing youkai... even I knew he's one the moment I saw him, lol) would still fall in love. In first episode Madara said that youkai don't care about gender.

Speaking about episode 1 - I have a question to you, manga readers - is there any chapter with Madara's backstory? How he was sealed for example? We're getting a lot of backstories recently but no Sensei one.
Jun 28, 2017 7:58 PM

May 2012
Very impressive episode, so cute and touching at the same time! Really loved it! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 4, 2017 9:04 PM

Oct 2012
OnoD and HiroC in one anime❤
Excuse my fangirl reaction, but this is really beautiful xD

Komatsu Mikako's character is a yandere for sure, but I still love her xD

It's Aoi's tears
She'll leave him alone, bittersweet end again I guess :(
Though it's sweet.. for now
"Signature removed"
Jul 14, 2017 10:27 PM

Dec 2011
I didn't expect the series to tackle a youkai/human relationship, but in hindsight I guess it was bound to happen. I often wondered if maybe Reiko had something similar happen to her on her encounters with youkai... considering she wasn't interested in people and we only know a little about her backstory. Like others have mentioned, I got major Hotarubi no Mori e vibes. Maybe the creator wanted to give a nod to her previous work or give her fans an alternate, happier closure.
Jul 17, 2017 8:48 PM

Oct 2007
Orange said:
Felt like a shorter, Natsume version of Hotarubi no Mori e. I love it.

Yes, so this. And so happy with the ending. Someone turn off the waterworks...
Sep 4, 2017 9:46 PM

Mar 2015
Oh I really really hope we see more of Aoi and Kaoru !!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 6, 2017 1:58 AM

Mar 2012
What Kaoru doesn't get is that it will be really painful for Aoi to watch her grow old and pass away : /
Sep 10, 2017 7:50 PM
Aug 2014
Surprise surprise a yokai and human story that didn't end in a sad/tragic way. I demand an update episode if there is a season 7.
Apr 11, 2018 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
Love is great, it doesn't matter if he is a youkai and she is a human girl.
I'm sure she will die before him, but they can be happy many years.
Aug 21, 2019 8:49 PM

Sep 2018
I love this!!! Aoi looks so cool and handsome! I'm so happy that for the first time there's couple (youkai-human) in this series. I thought they will say goodbye too.. but I know "more tears later" for Aoi T___T

I want to know after what happen to them, I hope it mentioned in manga or next season (hopefully)
May 2, 2020 7:27 AM

Sep 2019
Holly frick that was a fantastic episode. At this point I don't have a perfect word to describe this masterpiece. Each episode is a sweet memorie to me. I'm glad I watched it and enjoyed it to my fullest.
May 5, 2020 11:09 PM

Oct 2016
Yare yare daze! I knew Aoi's voice sounded familiar
Jun 11, 2020 4:31 AM

Nov 2013
"There will be more tears later" - Yeah, the girl really is stupid :(
Why can't she understand that there is no future for her.
She won't have kids.
Everyone around her will think that she has no interest in having a family or any kind of relationship. She'll grow up to be a lonely woman who sometimes speaks with an "imaginary" friend.
She will die eventually, while the guy remains young forever.
It's very sad and i believe it would have been better if the youkai dude rejected her in the end. It would have been very painful for her for some time, but she would eventually move on i suppose...

I don't know...maybe if you love someone too much, you just don't care about anything else, but it still is sad and will be sad...
Nov 22, 2020 2:29 PM

Nov 2018
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
"There will be more tears later" - Yeah, the girl really is stupid :(
Why can't she understand that there is no future for her.
She won't have kids.
Everyone around her will think that she has no interest in having a family or any kind of relationship. She'll grow up to be a lonely woman who sometimes speaks with an "imaginary" friend.
She will die eventually, while the guy remains young forever.
It's very sad and i believe it would have been better if the youkai dude rejected her in the end. It would have been very painful for her for some time, but she would eventually move on i suppose...

I don't know...maybe if you love someone too much, you just don't care about anything else, but it still is sad and will be sad...

Totally agree about it, but that what makes this episode so good and bittersweet in my opinion.
Not the generic "right" decision or some "miracle" to make things happy.
Jun 12, 2021 2:49 PM

Jan 2021
I hope they will be happy
May 18, 2022 9:17 AM

Feb 2020
Another romance episode in a row. And this one was my least favorite episode in this whole series. I want to see more exciting, creepy, and funny episodes instead of these boring romances.

SerafosApr 4, 4:07 AM
May 25, 2022 12:30 PM
Nov 2020
The tears that aoi-san means is when kaoru is gonna leave the world the one that gonna cry is aoi-san
Jul 11, 2022 12:55 PM

Jul 2016
A youkai in love with a toxic tsundere? No, thanks.
Like for real, it really seemed like the idea of Aoi watching in pain how Kaoru grows old and eventually passes away never crossed the dumb girl's mind.

Terrible episode.
Nov 29, 2022 10:55 AM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
I tend to like every episode in this series. This one really made me think of Kamisama Kiss because there are crow youkai in that show, and it's romance-y, although the MC didn't have a romantic relationship with them in the end.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐼𝒻 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒,
𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎’𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔. *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Dec 31, 2022 3:06 PM

Apr 2020
this episode was really well written. Really loved the romance in the episode, the characters were nice too
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

109 by Nakuy »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:11 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 13, 2017

37 by Nakuy »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:43 AM

» Season 7 announced

MegamiRem - Jun 30, 2023

13 by Cammedham »»
Jul 3, 2023 7:39 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

119 by helennaaj »»
May 17, 2023 11:51 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 9, 2017

82 by JebaUzumaki »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.