Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Zaregoto Series
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2017 8:15 AM

May 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
another chapter adapted in a great way imo + A JOJO REFERENCE!!!
May 30, 2017 6:19 PM
Feb 2016
Where did u find it? Need to watch asap!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2017 8:44 AM
Mar 2014
Wew...this episode can make me feel so intense even if I have read the LN. Good one and looking forward to next episode...next month orz
Jun 2, 2017 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
aquaspirit39 said:
Wew...this episode can make me feel so intense even if I have read the LN. Good one and looking forward to next episode...next month orz
lol nope

we hit anothe delay, next episodes

2017/8/30
2017/9/27

I would be angry but i rather have great quality over rushed production. So i am fine with it

Jun 2, 2017 8:32 PM

Oct 2012
Finally had time to watch this.

This episode revealed a lot of things that were previously not known. Also, some info from the past episodes were also revealed(eg: the error in the painting).

Gonna collect my mind, watch the episode again a few times to put the pieces into place.

Can't wait for the last 2 episodes...........which is 2 months away.

I hope this gives Shaft enough time to do both Owarimonogatari S2 and the remaining 2 episodes of Zaregoto nicely.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jun 3, 2017 12:41 PM
Nov 2015
Where did you watch it? I'm assuming you bought a copy of the ova.
Jun 4, 2017 1:43 AM

Oct 2012
nomorehiatusplz said:
Where did you watch it? I'm assuming you bought a copy of the ova.

I bought the BD.

Isn't it obvious enough? o.O
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jun 7, 2017 7:52 AM

Jul 2012
Decent episode, quite a lot information was revealed. That talk with Teruko was so weird, such a strange character. While watching had a thought why the chef is in this series and well seems like her role is for the last episodes. Still hope to see amazing Aikawa-san.
Jun 7, 2017 9:12 AM

Feb 2016
welp that was quite a cliffhanger (It was me or they changed the ED visuals?)

I think I've gotta do a marathon once the last episode airs so I can watch it all with no interruptions with better understanding
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 8, 2017 6:34 AM

Jan 2014
Even though they had an extra month of working on this episode, it felt so unrefined and unbearable to watch at times. Especially that scene when Yayoi enters the room or when Teruko is dragging ii-chan around.
Jun 8, 2017 1:15 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
animehm said:
Even though they had an extra month of working on this episode, it felt so unrefined and unbearable to watch at times. Especially that scene when Yayoi enters the room or when Teruko is dragging ii-chan around.

I wouldn't say unbearable but for a monthly project this episode could've looked a tad better imo.

That said I liked it alot. Ii for the most still connecting the dots, wondering who could've cause the murders. Still as entertaining as it was when it started, glad Shaft is doing a good adaptation for the most part. Excited to see the final two episodes!
Jun 8, 2017 9:37 PM

Oct 2011
the pieces are coming together nicely.
Jun 10, 2017 10:50 AM

Sep 2015
Finally was able to watch this. I was really excited to see it too, this is one of my favorite chapters. And Teruko's crazy little freak out did not disappoint. I love that scene. How it utilizes a hither-to indistinct character. And in a short span of time makes your theories you're coming up all seem shaky. Way to jerk the readers/viewers around. I love it. When I read this scene I imagined it in a simple dark closet. With Teruko up in Ii-chan's grill. But Shaft is never content with such small minded visuals. So instead they take a trip through the psychedelic airlock from 2001. And it's wonderful. The animation there and the handling of one of my favorite scenes, is enough to make this episode worth the wait.

The ending of this episode has a lot of crazy revelations in rapid succession. As Ii-chan and company finally map things out and start to draw serious conclusions about the case. Yayoi the Chef has a particular bombshell, she's been sitting on since damn near the beginning. All in all it seems like Ii-chan by the end has figured out who the killer is. He seems pretty damn confident. But having read the book there are some twists and turns before him yet. Before he can say the case is done.

On a final aesthetic note, I really dug the different outfits in this episode. I particularly liked Yayoi's almost sailor uniform look. And Kunagisa with the collared shirt under the sweater looked very nice. As did her crazy braided hairstyle Ii-chan gave her in the second half. Hope we don't have to wait an eternity for them to finish this up.
Jun 13, 2017 4:35 PM

Oct 2012
Maan, Gotou Yuuko still sounds bad, and Teruko is pretty weird character too - is she notoric lier perhaps with all her past words being false (even though she haven't talked much so far).

So now we have come to the point when the Poirot Boku got all the clues and knows everything but the viewer is still left in the dark. I kinda wonder if the killer is Aikawa afterall (present even now on the island but not introduced yet). Also, with neck cuts and many hints on it with maids, I still wonder if my theory of some presumed killed people still being alive in disguise of someone else could be true.

Well, with Shaft being Shaft with deadlines, now to wait three more months for final two episodes.
Jun 14, 2017 10:27 PM
Jan 2013
Haha the Japanese viewerbase seem pretty pissed off with the fact that even with the month delay this episode was pretty much tv quality. Also not to mention the 2 month delay for ep7. They're not gonna be able to do the other books if they keep this up.
Jun 24, 2017 4:24 PM

Dec 2013
Ok. I'm really trying to accept the "Shaftiness" that Shaft is putting on Zaregoto, but... Really, it doesn't mix up. Also in the Novel there wasn't any decontamination center. lol Zaregoto isn't a story that should do those things, y'know, put EXTRAVAGANT THINGS on the background or do those insanely strange movements with the camera. Dont misunderstand me, I like those Shaftiness, but in Zaregoto that is pretty horrible, Zaregoto is a story that should be told in the most peaceful and insane manner possible. Zaregoto's crazyness isn't something extravagant like Monogatari, it's something more subtle that comes from WORDS, not actions.

Also, Shaft pretty much showed that they REALLY didn't look carefully at the novel. You know that part they said about Kunagisa is unable to do *dramatic vertical movements*? Well, some episodes back, she did a backflip to get out of a chair.

And in this episode she *jumped* from her bed. *KUNAGISA TOMO* *JUMPED* and she wasn't hurt by that. I'm not even gonna say anything else, ANYONE that read the novel can understand what the hell is wrong with that.

The problem is that as a adaption it's very good, but it's those tiny little details that pile up and show that Shaft isn't paying attetion and just wants to show some "cool scenes with cool backgrounds". :/

I really wanted to appreciate more of the adaption, really. But... I can't, and I am really sad because of that...

Anyways... 4/5 for the episode.
Jul 2, 2017 5:04 PM
Sep 2016
Ryouri said:
Ok. I'm really trying to accept the "Shaftiness" that Shaft is putting on Zaregoto, but... Really, it doesn't mix up. Also in the Novel there wasn't any decontamination center. lol Zaregoto isn't a story that should do those things, y'know, put EXTRAVAGANT THINGS on the background or do those insanely strange movements with the camera. Dont misunderstand me, I like those Shaftiness, but in Zaregoto that is pretty horrible, Zaregoto is a story that should be told in the most peaceful and insane manner possible. Zaregoto's crazyness isn't something extravagant like Monogatari, it's something more subtle that comes from WORDS, not actions.

Also, Shaft pretty much showed that they REALLY didn't look carefully at the novel. You know that part they said about Kunagisa is unable to do *dramatic vertical movements*? Well, some episodes back, she did a backflip to get out of a chair.

And in this episode she *jumped* from her bed. *KUNAGISA TOMO* *JUMPED* and she wasn't hurt by that. I'm not even gonna say anything else, ANYONE that read the novel can understand what the hell is wrong with that.

The problem is that as a adaption it's very good, but it's those tiny little details that pile up and show that Shaft isn't paying attetion and just wants to show some "cool scenes with cool backgrounds". :/

I really wanted to appreciate more of the adaption, really. But... I can't, and I am really sad because of that...

Can you explain a bit better about Tomo's jumping and not getting hurt, I didn't read the novels so it's pretty hard understanding these bits, they seemed odd at best.
Jul 5, 2017 9:05 AM

Dec 2013
Jaa81102423 said:
Ryouri said:

Can you explain a bit better about Tomo's jumping and not getting hurt, I didn't read the novels so it's pretty hard understanding these bits, they seemed odd at best.

Well, it's a little spoiler from vol 1, so if you really want to know, just read the spoiler. I don't know if Shaft will put these in the end, because it's something from the very beginning/middle of the novel, so read at your risk.

Jul 5, 2017 11:40 AM
Sep 2016
Ryouri said:
Jaa81102423 said:

Well, it's a little spoiler from vol 1, so if you really want to know, just read the spoiler. I don't know if Shaft will put these in the end, because it's something from the very beginning/middle of the novel, so read at your risk.

Jul 6, 2017 12:44 AM
Jul 2017
Jaa81102423 said:
Ryouri said:

I think u are mussing something in ur explanation because as I recall in volume 2 of The book she dies something far crazier (see spoiler) but I agree from what we know she should not be able to carry her own weight and do that flip. It a bit confusing.

animelvr11Jul 6, 2017 1:02 AM
Jul 6, 2017 2:28 PM
Sep 2016
animelvr11 said:
Jaa81102423 said:

I think u are mussing something in ur explanation because as I recall in volume 2 of The book she dies something far crazier (see spoiler) but I agree from what we know she should not be able to carry her own weight and do that flip. It a bit confusing.

She does, not she dies

For a very moment there I myself wanted to die
Jul 7, 2017 3:45 AM
Jul 2017
Jaa81102423 said:
animelvr11 said:

She does, not she dies

For a very moment there I myself wanted to die

No, don't worry about it. It was not anything major, it happened at the very end when the whole conflict was resolved. Sorry I got u worried it was my fault for not explaining properly.
Jul 7, 2017 4:29 AM

Oct 2012
Okay, after rewatching multiple times, I still can't zero in on the killer.....

I'm kinda suspecting Ii-chan to be an unrealiable narrator and that some info are still withheld by him which will unveil in the next episode.

If that's not the case, can someone enlighten me? I don't mind spoiler tags or PMs.
Jul 10, 2017 1:21 AM
Jul 2017
Jiharo said:
Okay, after rewatching multiple times, I still can't zero in on the killer.....

I'm kinda suspecting Ii-chan to be an unrealiable narrator and that some info are still withheld by him which will unveil in the next episode.

If that's not the case, can someone enlighten me? I don't mind spoiler tags or PMs.

No in this case he is not an unreliable narrator and he is not holding back any information. Don't stress or man it really hard to guess is so don't worry.
Jul 11, 2017 1:10 AM

Dec 2013
For your question, Jaa, see this below:

Also for your answer, animelvr, see this below:

And Jiharo, don't worry, the case IS pretty hard to understand, and Shaft is cutting almost the entire narration of Ii-chan, so yeah, even with the narration in the novel is hard, and without it? Pretty much impossible to solve it. lol
RyouriJul 11, 2017 1:17 AM
Jul 15, 2017 7:45 AM

Apr 2014
I read Zaregoto years ago and because of the anime I decided to reread it along side the episodes. Lucky they spit the chapters up by episodes with the exception to 1 chapter fairly well.

Rereading it along side really shows that this adaptation is pretty faithful. Almost beat for beat. Some rearrangement during the earlier episodes.

Stylistic choices dont really change the narrative. Everything that isnt explicitly told is hidden within tension. A book and a show are 2 different mediums and they cant or should not just reveal everything.

Things like Tomo jumping really means nothing. You will soon see why they are emphasizing why she cant walk up stairs more than why she is frail.
Jul 19, 2017 8:26 AM

Apr 2017
I'm so overflow with much information about the heinous act of a killer

Scenes where They discussing about calling the police won't solve anything all througout purposes, About the scar on her hand tells that she already killed someone before he got invited in one set of the genius inside of it.As He merely called her a human failure means biasedly how some of his words wavered right off the bat about confusing her onto something so crucial. Teruko is way more kind of a lack of sense than Himena since her casual petty talks about Ii-chan can't be pinpoint everything since Himena's taunting is way more off the mark from the last episodes. (No one could hate that Psychic more than they do cause she's an interesting and gives Ii-chan some heavy point clue on how nonsensical he was)

Connecting to the scene where Akane got locked out is a mere false of logic since the culprit doesn't serves the right to just blame someone even Himena should later on be inside this tactical mess.

Continuing to the last puzzle, Ii-chan deserves to be more of a praise since his nonsensical path opens up with a clear point of view where he's been the one will get the overall faces of some geniuses which directly solve the hidden pieces.

5/5
-HippySnob-Jul 19, 2017 8:32 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Aug 4, 2017 4:02 PM

Sep 2007
Argh these goddamn cliffhangers

I think I'm gonna get the book before this OVA is finished (well, I was going to get it either way, but this waiting is killing me)
Aug 6, 2017 12:37 PM

Feb 2009
LOOKS LIKE NEXT EPISODE'S GONNA BE A CYCLONE

Aug 27, 2017 8:07 PM

Aug 2016
Good episode, hope they can animate the next scenes really well. A lot of quality drops throughout the episodes though.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Oct 19, 2017 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
So intense! And yet, I still can't detect the killer, everyone's suspicious af.
Nov 11, 2017 9:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Boku knows the assessin and the wy, but the problem is he hasnt proofs!!!
Dec 30, 2017 3:49 AM

Dec 2010
Does the ending mean the heads were missing from the crime scenes? Because that's something that's been bugging me since the beginning. If the bodies aren't those of the victims, then the "dead" could do stuff like breaking Tomo's computer.

Also, the ED sequence was awesome.
Jan 31, 2018 2:01 AM

Dec 2012
Boys have knives and girls have pistols.
Rei oppai.
WTF is up with Teruko?
Ilia is a twin.
Akane.
Rei wasn't there?
lol at Ii telling Yayoi to be quiet because he's thinking.
Dat jump.
Time to fight back.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 6, 2018 6:19 PM

Dec 2016
I don't think I've ever hated anime characters as much as I hate glasses maid cunt and mind reading blonde cunt. They are just so fucking annoying, and the maid only just talked for the like the first fucking time!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 22, 2018 9:55 PM

Mar 2015
These cliffhangers are insane!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 9, 2018 9:25 AM

Mar 2012
I was suspecting Shinya all along but after the new info revealed by the chef girl I might be wrong. I still find him more suspicious than the others.
Aug 11, 2019 9:43 AM

Oct 2012
Wait Tomo, she can climb the stairs by herself? Along with dragging Akari?

I believe there are lot of things worse than killing/murder

Damn that Teruko, she's so savage
I like her already xD

So Iria eat other head's to become genius?
I mean false conception/idea like that exists
Guess when you're paranoia everything is acceptable reasoning

Time to counter attack!
"Signature removed"
Sep 2, 2019 5:03 AM

May 2018
So that's is the reason why Ilia doesn't want to call the police. Almost all of the characters here are straightforward, and basically makes Ii-chan a useless character. Basing on what Yayoi said, if Ilia is indeed the one who command to kill someone, then it means Ilia is not a genius. The next episode should be the episode that I have been waiting for, the conclusion of the mystery.

Dec 9, 2020 8:44 AM

Jul 2017
"Boys have knives, girls have pistols". That moment with Tomo and Boku was nice ngl. Rest of the episode was fine, mystery's coming together slowly now that there's only 2 episodes to go.
Jul 21, 2021 9:32 PM
Dec 2017
Wish i could get a copy of this on blu ray.

Mar 30, 2022 10:22 PM
May 2021
Oh many mysteries are solved in this episode but I'm still confused because those green maids looks so similar.
Aug 10, 2022 1:05 PM

Jan 2020
NoBoDY-5 said:
Oh many mysteries are solved in this episode but I'm still confused because those green maids looks so similar.

I agree. They tried their best to make each different but to me it still looks the same...

well, I posted my assumptions in the previous episode
Meritas said:
Does the ending mean the heads were missing from the crime scenes? Because that's something that's been bugging me since the beginning. If the bodies aren't those of the victims, then the "dead" could do stuff like breaking Tomo's computer.

you could technically be right because we never saw the heads of the victims... I hope this won't be the conclusion though, but let's see

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kubikiri Cycle: Aoiro Savant to Zaregototsukai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mugi__nZk - Sep 27, 2017

90 by Coyole »»
Jan 9, 11:24 AM

» Where should i start? And more questions

dicloflom - Oct 29, 2023

6 by dicloflom »»
Oct 30, 2023 1:02 AM

» Why Don't Anybody talk about this masterpiece

Hikari5849 - Nov 13, 2022

19 by HigherLvLThinker »»
Aug 31, 2023 11:05 AM

» Season 2 ?

kaiki_fan_boy - Feb 19, 2021

10 by DyceAverruncus »»
Jul 17, 2023 1:03 PM

» Is it known whether the next volumes of the noveel will be adapted?

Menacek - Jun 24, 2017

8 by theslickasian »»
Apr 25, 2023 10:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.