Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 28, 2017 1:09 AM
Sep 2016
Do you guys know someone who has seen lots lots of anime and is still active? I've read this today and I got curious.

I've noticed that spacecowboy is still active but most people were doubting if they were legit and I too am not really sure.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 28, 2017 1:15 AM

Sep 2014
Did you not notice that the thread was locked because there was no actual discussion? And you've just gone and created the exact same thread.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
May 28, 2017 1:22 AM
Sep 2016
Menzo- said:
Did you not notice that the thread was locked because there was no actual discussion? And you've just gone and created the exact same thread.

it doesn't mean that can't be one now, almost 4 years had passed so maybe people could be interested in it again now.
May 28, 2017 1:30 AM

May 2013
Probably some really old Japanese guy that's been watching since the 60s
May 28, 2017 1:31 AM

Sep 2015
There is this one: https://myanimelist.net/profile/DateYutaka
But pretty hard to believe. That would mean he spent every minute he was awake (with 6 hours of sleep a day) watching anime in the past 8 years and even at this, we ignored the twice as much time spent on manga. That's just physically impossible to consume this much even in 20 years. That would mean you literally don't do anything else, but watching anime and reading manga.
May 28, 2017 1:37 AM
Sep 2016
Heldengeist said:
But pretty hard to believe. That would mean he spent every minute he was awake (with 6 hours of sleep a day) watching anime in the past 8 years and even at this, we ignored the twice as much time spent on manga. That's just physically impossible to consume this much even in 20 years. That would mean you literally don't do anything else, but watching anime and reading manga.

5265 days are 14 years and half, it indeed seems to be kinda fake-y.
May 28, 2017 1:38 AM

Feb 2008
This guy : https://myanimelist.net/profile/spacecowboy
An this one too, with a much lesser number compared to the previous suggestion, but still quite a lot by my standards ( he's also the news section mod): https://myanimelist.net/profile/Stark700

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
May 28, 2017 1:42 AM
Sep 2016
SailorKagome said:
This guy : https://myanimelist.net/profile/spacecowboy
An this one too, with a much lesser number compared to the previous suggestion, but still quite a lot by my standards ( he's also the news section mod): https://myanimelist.net/profile/Stark700

Even I beat Stark, I meant more people like spacecowboy.
May 28, 2017 1:52 AM

Sep 2015
Jaa81102423 said:

Fake as fuck. With only 8 hours a day spent on anime alone would be 15 years tho achieve this. And then I assumed that on top of the 6 hours sleep time he had at least a part time job and miscellaneous activities when he couldn't watch. A consistent 8 hours every single day is still unbelievably high.

And then, there is the manga which brings up that to around 40 years. Someone who's that much of a shut in otaku for that long would just die.
May 28, 2017 1:55 AM

Jan 2014
That's not normal, if they really watched so many animes then they probably are hikikomori.
Taito10May 30, 2017 11:35 AM
May 28, 2017 1:56 AM

Mar 2015
the currently most legetimate that already proven legit and even save every anime he watch is lanblade...

https://myanimelist.net/profile/lanblade

you can take a look to "elits"

https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=70007
KumaMay 28, 2017 2:01 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 28, 2017 1:58 AM
Sep 2016
Heldengeist said:
Jaa81102423 said:

Fake as fuck. With only 8 hours a day spent on anime alone would be 15 years tho achieve this. And than I assumed that on top of the 6 hours sleep time he had at least a part time job and miscellaneous activities when he couldn't watch. A consistent 8 hours every single day is still unbelievably high.

And then, there is the manga which brings up that to around 40 years. Someone who's that much of a shut in otaku for that long would just die.

I checked their list and it's way too much mismatches.

Kuma said:
the currently most legetimate that already proven legit and even save every anime he watch is lanblade...

They indeed seem to be very legit, thank you for sharing it!
poosh_inkMay 28, 2017 2:38 AM
May 28, 2017 2:58 AM

Feb 2013
Jaa81102423 said:
Heldengeist said:

Fake as fuck. With only 8 hours a day spent on anime alone would be 15 years tho achieve this. And than I assumed that on top of the 6 hours sleep time he had at least a part time job and miscellaneous activities when he couldn't watch. A consistent 8 hours every single day is still unbelievably high.

every once in a while, the episode count of a database entry is changed.. all those in that screenshot are likely culprits
this can happen due to a variety reasons, and the bigger your list is, the harder it is to notice or care
May 28, 2017 3:43 AM

Mar 2012
I've spoken with DateYutaka on a number of occasions. That guy knows his shit. I wouldn't be shocked if he'S watched the most. I've seen hundreds of anime and even I can't hold a candle to him.
May 28, 2017 4:37 AM

Oct 2014
Holy shit, and I thought my 6k hours on Dota 2 is a lot.
May 28, 2017 4:45 AM

Sep 2015
Toucanbird said:
I've spoken with DateYutaka on a number of occasions. That guy knows his shit. I wouldn't be shocked if he'S watched the most. I've seen hundreds of anime and even I can't hold a candle to him.

Yeah, but IF your list is up to date, you don't have an insane number. Less 1.5 completed anime a week since you registered here. There are some longer stuff, 23 anime longer than 30 episodes, but also over 100 that are 6 episodes or shorter to compensate. The rest (~200) is mostly average 12-26 episodes long TV anime. That means 1.5 hours a day on average.

We are talking about someone who mathematically had to watch 5 times as many hours a day as you did for almost 2 decades. I can easily accept that he is well over 1 or 2 thousand, that would already give him way more than average experience with anime. But near 7k anime with over 14k manga? Over 14 years worth of content? Maybe if he is around 50 years old and consuming japanese media is directly related to his carreer.
May 28, 2017 4:50 AM

May 2012
Heldengeist said:
But pretty hard to believe.

Maybe he's one of those savant syndrome people and can watch everything at x10 speed.
May 28, 2017 4:56 AM

Dec 2015
Kuma said:

Woah, dude even has a hentai account... with 1000+ entries.
May 28, 2017 7:52 AM

Jul 2014
Probably speedwatchers or attention whores fluffing up their list.
May 28, 2017 8:01 AM

Apr 2016
Jaa81102423 said:
Heldengeist said:

Well, I've also been watching anime for the last 14 years and I'm not even close to that number.
May 28, 2017 8:02 AM

Oct 2012
May 28, 2017 8:09 AM
May 2015
This thread gave me motivation

ANIME TIME
May 28, 2017 8:16 AM

Jan 2017
jeikobu11 said:

ANIME TIME
jeikobu11 said:

ANIME TIME
i can't consider that u completed more than 200 anime since u watch anime at 3.5x speed so the only anime u can understand are most harem and shonen and echi centered anime
May 28, 2017 8:19 AM

Jan 2017
is spacecowboy really borne in 1930 that will mean he is 87 years old
May 28, 2017 8:19 AM
May 28, 2017 8:21 AM
May 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:
jeikobu11 said:

ANIME TIME

i can't consider that u completed more than 200 anime since u watch anime at 3.5x speed so the only anime u can understand are most harem and shonen and echi centered anime

lol you have no idea how fast I can process things. Ahaha this made my day.
May 28, 2017 8:27 AM

Jan 2017
jeikobu11 said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

saying that won't change anything i watched mirai nikki at that speedor 4x don't remember and i understood it all but i didn't put it in my list until i watched it again normally because it will be unfair for the people who have to watch it normally and making those 20 min ep need a lot of money so i should watch each min so don't show off if u reach 10000 anime with that speed because any one would be able to do that with that speed like now i can watch anime on 3 tv at the same time with a speed of 4x and i will probably beat you
and by the way how do u even read sub that fast i understood mirai nikki because i watched in dub
May 28, 2017 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
I don't even think that there are more than 500 anime out there atm I WANNA watch.
May 28, 2017 8:31 AM

Jun 2014
As has been already mentioned, "lanblade" has the most, and is 100% legit.

Spacecowboy's list is fake.

May 28, 2017 8:34 AM

Sep 2015
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Well, I've also been watching anime for the last 14 years and I'm not even close to that number.

And you shouldn't be. That 14 years is a continous total play+read time, meaning to achieve that in 14 years, you must read manga and watch anime in every minute of your life for 14 years without sleep, going to work or school or even to the bathroom.
May 28, 2017 8:37 AM

May 2012
jeikobu11 said:

kikyo1hinamora said:
[...] so the only anime u can understand are most harem and shonen and echi centered anime

I would say "understanding" or even "watching" anime is pretty relative in that case. There's a reason why something is made to be 20/40/90 minutes long. By speeding that up you're not experiencing the work the way it's intended to be seen.
It's like driving through a museum with a moped and bragging about having seen more paintings than everybody else.
May 28, 2017 8:40 AM
May 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:
jeikobu11 said:

saying that won't change anything i watched mirai nikki at that speedor 4x don't remember and i understood it all but i didn't put it in my list until i watched it again normally because it will be unfair for the people who have to watch it normally and making those 20 min ep need a lot of money so i should watch each min so don't show off if u reach 10000 anime with that speed because any one would be able to do that with that speed like now i can watch anime on 3 tv at the same time with a speed of 4x and i will probably beat you
and by the way how do u even read sub that fast i understood mirai nikki because i watched in dub

My mind absorbs the words quicker than the average person and my eyes gotten used to the speed. I can understand 8x perfect thanks to this.

btw you don't have to watch 20 min of a 20 min episode, just understand and remember it. I always make sure I know the story very well.
May 28, 2017 8:45 AM
Nov 2015
Jaa81102423 said:
Heldengeist said:

Kuma said:

They indeed seem to be very legit, thank you for sharing it!

Wow so they made a special club like a billionaire club with certain special conditions for membership :D

Maybe one day I can join them :D
Nah just kidding too busy with life and stuff, maybe when I grow old ;D
May 28, 2017 8:50 AM

Jul 2014
mfw watching anime for years but not even crossed 2 months of it
May 28, 2017 8:51 AM

Jan 2017
jeikobu11 said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

My mind absorbs the words quicker than the average person and my eyes gotten used to the speed. I can understand 8x perfect thanks to this.

btw you don't have to watch 20 min of a 20 min episode, just understand and remember it. I always make sure I know the story very well.
so i watched an anime ep of 24 min with a 8x speed which made the ep ration 3minutes and 2 sec
this sentence in the sub 'he doesn't understand a thing about the greatness or value of magic' took 5.6 sec to end
but with a speed of 8x it took 0.67 sec to end
there are no way u could read that in 0.67 sec and even if u could you wouldn't be able to concentrate on the movement or action of the character at the same time

May 28, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
honestly though it scares me, how the fuck can you have so much time on your hands to cross a shitload amount of days watching anime and reading manga, fuck im not that obsessed my life takes priority
May 28, 2017 9:01 AM
May 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:
jeikobu11 said:

so i watched an anime ep of 24 min with a 8x speed which made the ep ration 3minutes and 2 sec
this sentence in the sub 'he doesn't understand a thing about the greatness or value of magic' took 5.6 sec to end
there are no way u could read that in 0.67 sec and even if u could you wouldn't be able to concentrate on the movement or action of the character at the same time

I said I can understand 8x, I didn't say I watch anime in 8x all the time. From watching that 3 min, I can understand the episode as a whole. It's the fact I remember it and know what happened. When you have goals that you want to fulfil in limited time, a few missed lines isn't important. I'm not a perfectionist who just has to read every single line in normal speed.
May 28, 2017 9:03 AM

Jul 2008
I think Stark or Tsubasa or users like that are probably the top? People who seem to watch most airing shows and be the first to post discussion threads about them.

To each their own, but if someone is watching anime at an increased speed, that doesn't count for me (at least in a competition sense. If they enjoy it they can do that, but I wouldn't consider them as having "seen the most").
May 28, 2017 9:05 AM

Sep 2015
jeikobu11 said:

I really doubt your brain can absorb words even at normal speed.
May 28, 2017 9:06 AM

Jan 2017
jeikobu11 said:
kikyo1hinamora said:

I said I can understand 8x, I didn't say I watch anime in 8x all the time. From watching that 3 min, I can understand the episode as a whole. It's the fact I remember it and know what happened. When you have goals that you want to fulfil in limited time, a few missed lines isn't important. I'm not a perfectionist who just has to read every single line in normal speed.
i watched all the ep in 8x speed and 3.5 speed and i guess u were right you can understand the ep as a hole but still some important scene may be missed and those can be extremely important at least watch anime at a speed of 2.5 not 3.5
May 28, 2017 9:08 AM

Jun 2012
Heldengeist said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

And you shouldn't be. That 14 years is a continous total play+read time, meaning to achieve that in 14 years, you must read manga and watch anime in every minute of your life for 14 years without sleep, going to work or school or even to the bathroom.

To lessen your doubt, It is possible to read a manga in school, or watch a few episode of anime. Assuming he had the device on the old days.
May 28, 2017 9:18 AM
May 2015
kikyo1hinamora said:
jeikobu11 said:

i watched all the ep in 8x speed and 3.5 speed and i guess u were right you can understand the ep as a hole but still some important scene may be missed and those can be extremely important at least watch anime at a speed of 2.5 not 3.5

This is my speed, if I slow down I will cringe. Anyway I disagree with everything your saying.
May 28, 2017 9:26 AM

Sep 2015
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
To lessen your doubt, It is possible to read a manga in school, or watch a few episode of anime. Assuming he had the device on the old days.

But you probably didn't. Tablets and smartphones like today just didn't exist 14 years ago. You had to bring a physical copy of manga with yourself. Anime is a bit easier. The cellphones like this one were able to play videos at the time, but their built in memory were laughable and the memory cards you could buy couldn't hold more than a few episodes. Back then I had this with a 256MB MMC card and this was far from low-end. And cellphones fully capable of this weren't a thing until around 10 years ago. And even then, only high-end. So it had to be a laptop or nothing, and that's much bigger so it's unlikely that he can watch or anything during class unnoticed.
May 28, 2017 9:27 AM

Apr 2016
Heldengeist said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

Sooooo....... In conclusion, it's fake I guess ?

I could've also watched more than 5000 anime, but unfortunately I had a World of Warcraft addiction 7 years ago.
May 28, 2017 9:30 AM

Apr 2016
Heldengeist said:
jeikobu11 said:

I really doubt your brain can absorb words even at normal speed.

Dude, just don't bother with him. He doesn't actually watch anime. He just wants to show off his (fake) list.
May 28, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2014
personally i dont think ppl have time looking at other ppls stats...and much rather prefer to watch anime or read manga instead....
May 28, 2017 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
10.000+ anime completions... how the soul has descended into the deepest night. Let us take a moment of silence to consider the pain and horror of this.
May 28, 2017 10:12 AM

Jul 2015
Depending where you live it would be possible to spend more than 10 hours a day watching illegal streams wihtout a job. But That also means your life is non existent and also I dont believe these people watch their stuff with high concentration and just let the TV/PC monitor on being in a lethargic half coma state.. Also some people are too self centered and dont contemplate that there are people older than 30 and 40 still watching anime.

But, unless you dont speak Japanese I think its impossible to have watched a lot before the mid 90s. Because the data transfer rate was too low (just google when it was possible to burn CDs) fan sub groups didnt have a big market, so not much was translated, also it wasnt easy to manage without PC technology. My first HDD had about 1000 MB. Thats not really much space for digital videos with a decent quality. Thus Subbing was done by pros.

What Im trying to say is, that you really couldnt have gained a Wide knowledge of animes before that time, at least not without much effort. That means the main part of someone's anime knowledge must come from the last 20 years, which reduces the possible "watched time".
May 28, 2017 10:21 AM

Oct 2015
me, but not current me, a future version of me that might or might not exist in a maybe-or-maybe-not-so-dark timeline
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 1 hour ago

3 by Ri-KoRin »»
2 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 34 minutes ago

1 by Lhundrup »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 6 hours ago

26 by BlueBullet178 »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 7 hours ago

15 by Jonas-K »»
10 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - 7 hours ago

11 by Ten »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.