Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 27, 2017 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I gotta admit, some of the other universe world has some strange technology and machines like no other.

First half of this episode was more thrilling than I had expected with the buildup.

Caulifla going Super Saiyan was dope. Female Super Saiyan looks badass!
May 27, 2017 5:25 PM

Jan 2012
So Buu really did get sidelined...again. Immensely disappointing, but hardly surprising at this point.
May 27, 2017 5:35 PM

Oct 2011
do fans still give a fuck bout frieza?

female broly looks dope

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
May 27, 2017 6:02 PM

Jul 2015
Hyped for next ep with female Broly. They kept us waiting for that one. Golden Frieza still looks retarded no matter how I look at it. Guessing it's the way the gold looks like expired mustard or some shit lol. Kinda wished it was Buu in the tournament. What was the point of making him skinny..
May 27, 2017 7:18 PM

Sep 2015
Goku: u mad i lie everthing will be erased if we lose?
Krillin: "we" are friend right bla bla bla
Goku: oh and i am the one responsibility don't mind kay
Other: what?

Oh Frieza i forgot about that monkey
Into the Internet!
May 27, 2017 7:28 PM

Nov 2015
Yo finally something to look forward to. Even through non-filler weeks I've been sleeping through DBS for ages. Hopefully Frieza can add some more interesting dynamics. We haven't seen the Z fighters have to cooperate with an enemy for prolonged periods for a long time, if ever. Don't wanna get my hopes up cos it's DBS but...not gonna lie, this twist has gotten me p hype fufu. I was expecting a letdown filler ep about waking Buu up, got this instead. Came out of nowhere. Let's goo~
May 27, 2017 7:33 PM

May 2015
BUT MUH BUU TORIYAMA Pls ;;
owell next ep looks hype asf.
May 27, 2017 7:37 PM

May 2015
F...fffffrieza! Nah, you have to be kidding me... I'm really liking this kind of twist in this arc, even if Frieza doesn’t compete by considering him... is already making this more enjoyable (as if this arc wasn’t)…
May 27, 2017 7:43 PM

Feb 2013
Another good episode. I love Caulifla, she's awesome. And NEP seems awesome with Freeza and Kale's transformation
May 27, 2017 7:43 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Aw. I'm disappointed that Buu got sidelined especially after all the hype of the Universe 7 lineup when this arc has been announced. I never imagined Frieza would get recruited as the 10th warrior. Since Frieza is evil, I think it would be difficult to make him cooperate with the Universe 7 team. Moreover, I wonder what are his conditions for him to agree to join them.

Either way, I'm really hyped for the upcoming episodes and a "Heel-Face Turn" for Frieza would be very interesting to see. I'm not really rooting for Frieza, but it's still surprising to witness this turn of events.

Also, can't wait to see Caulifla and Kale fight in the tournament. :) Female super saiyans are awesome!
May 27, 2017 7:51 PM

Dec 2015
Yup, Vegeta you're banned xD

Beerus always makes me laugh, he's constantly nervous and yelling now that the galaxy is at stake.

So Kale is the name of the Legendary SS eh? Looking forward to her transformation in the next episode!!
joe_g7May 27, 2017 7:55 PM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 27, 2017 8:16 PM

Dec 2014
well so much diversity...I just hope that the fight is upto the hype....
May 27, 2017 8:36 PM

Feb 2013
So looks like Caulifa will go ssj2 next episode holy shit.
Does that already make her stronger then Kale since ssj2 is stronger then LSSJ?

Im honestly rooting for Caulifa now wow.
Wont be long till she reaches God.

May 27, 2017 8:44 PM

May 2016
I didn't like the ease as Caulifla turned into ssj, seemed forced. But I want vegeta fighting it, it sure will be cool vegeta showing its superiority to others of its race.
『  』
May 27, 2017 8:58 PM

Jan 2016
Caulifla is officially the first canonic female Super Saiyan to ever appear in the anime series (without counting openings and trailers). Geez Toriyama, it wasn't that hard to just give the SSJ hairstyle to a girl instead of more mass muscle lol At least with this phase, we know what is coming with this newly introduced Kale.

The U3 part was interesting, with the all the heavy machinery and advanced technology, it reminds me a lot of the Tuffles planet in DBGT.

And the evil emperor is back, for the third time! I hardly believe that guy will obey Goku's instructions but who knows xD At this point, anything can happen.
THANKS SENPIEX
May 27, 2017 9:13 PM

Feb 2013
sirYuki said:
I didn't like the ease as Caulifla turned into ssj, seemed forced. But I want vegeta fighting it, it sure will be cool vegeta showing its superiority to others of its race.

It was nothing contradictory tho. Goten and Trunks transformed in an inferior age without any explanation. In here we have for the first time a explanation to how the saiyans are able to transform with Cabba explaining to her and Caulifla as a genius (with was stated before) were able to transform in minutes with this trick in mind plus her ability. It was about skill, not rage.
May 27, 2017 9:25 PM

May 2016
caio_ken said:
sirYuki said:

It was nothing contradictory tho. Goten and Trunks transformed in an inferior age without any explanation. In here we have for the first time a explanation to how the saiyans are able to transform with Cabba explaining to her and Caulifla as a genius (with was stated before) were able to transform in minutes with this trick in mind plus her ability. It was about skill, not rage.

Thinking of the Goten case and Trunks you're really right, but I was thinking of Goku's case in his first transformation, it seems that a ssj no longer has the power it should currently... But if it turns into ssj2 without suffering any pressure like Gohan, I honestly find it very strange
『  』
May 27, 2017 9:50 PM

Jan 2009
damn the first canon female super saiyan is here! and next week will be the female Brolly debut
May 27, 2017 9:50 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
SSJ Caulifla looks pretty cool. I see nothing wrong with her transforming.

Smh at Goku. Asking Bulma for money/ True she can easily give everyone money, she doesn't Goku to rely on her for that only.

Beerus savage like always.

May 27, 2017 9:56 PM

Jul 2014
So we officially have our first ever Female Super Saiyan transformation there, more to come with Kale showing off her legendary born talent, I'm so eagerly waiting for that.
And finally it seems like the Resurrection F arc from Super will have some sort of relevance now that Frieza is being reintroduced.
AGAIN.
karlstein12May 27, 2017 9:59 PM
May 27, 2017 10:11 PM

Aug 2015
Freezer the tenth warrior? Wtf why ....

May 27, 2017 10:28 PM
Dec 2015
Frieza! They should swap out one of the humans and replaced him with Perfect Cell then if they're talking about skills and tactics.
May 27, 2017 10:33 PM

Apr 2012
Califla the first ever female super saiyan?
I don't think so...
In my opinion Kale is the one who's first, she keeps it a secret for reasons we have yet to discover.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 27, 2017 11:15 PM
Apr 2011
I'd vote Babidi or even Cell in the team even over some of the existing choices if they're going to even add Frieza in.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
May 27, 2017 11:41 PM

Jan 2016
I hope we see Frieza vs Frost in the tournament of power!
May 27, 2017 11:48 PM
Sep 2016
I'm kinda looking forward to Frieza vs Frost
May 27, 2017 11:52 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode I guess, does feel like they're really dragging out the pre-tournament stuff.

Caulifa transforming was the best part if you ask me, her design in SSJ form looks great.

Vegeta destroyed the place again. xD

Sad to see Buu being sidelined again but he's still there in the mid episode card so maybe there's some hope left?
While replacing Buu with Frieza seems like a step down to me especially considering how many times we've seen Frieza already, I suppose it's not a bad thing. Funny how no one even bothered to consider Yamcha. XDD

Looking forward to female Broly next episode.
May 28, 2017 12:25 AM

May 2011
ReguIus said:
Kinda wished it was Buu in the tournament. What was the point of making him skinny..

To get us mad lol... they did so well building up our expectation as well sigh.

Suddenly crossed my mind... if it's a battle royal, is fusion allowed? Honestly I think Vegito's strength alone is able to wipe one universe team out if a universe were to gang up on him. I can't remember if Vegito used Kaioken in Zamatsu arc
May 28, 2017 12:31 AM
Sep 2016
I don't think we would see vegito because the Potara earrings maybe be consider seperate and not allowed. I doubt we'll see go get a either. Pillin would be funny though
May 28, 2017 1:20 AM

Feb 2013
Janethan23 said:
Califla the first ever female super saiyan?
I don't think so...
In my opinion Kale is the one who's first, she keeps it a secret for reasons we have yet to discover.

No, she isn't. The first time will be in the next week
May 28, 2017 2:19 AM

Oct 2015
Nice episode. Frieza was quite expectable, even if we already knew it from the titles.
I wonder what his conditions are for entering.

So time-chamber no longer has use for people on level of Vegeta and Goku, because they can easily break it. I still wish they threw Buu into the chamber so he could wake up in time, or they could have dragged their hidden potential out. Each of them could have spent 24 hours there with the old kaioshin without having any trouble.

I can't find new titles, but I hope in 2-3 weeks the tournament will begin. After recruiting Frieza, I don't know what else they could be doing, other than fillers.
May 28, 2017 2:20 AM

Nov 2009
Finally! I've waited years to see a female Super Saiyan be canon.

Caulifla looks amazing in that form too.

Think I've got a new Dragonball waifu! XD
May 28, 2017 2:45 AM

Sep 2014
Multiple complains here
- why no fit boo? I was actually looking forward to this! With his magic powers it could have become really cool.
- why frieza? Why not cell? Atleast cell never was really evil. Also hes more used to tournaments ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- after trunks and goten becoming super saiyan because half human and what not, now you just become one by focusing your energy at your back? The fuck is this?
They just made this a big joke. So far I could ignore all the garbage, but this is a big big no for me.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 28, 2017 3:03 AM

Nov 2016
Poor Vegeta got permanently banned!

Wow, Caulifla sure is a genius. It was amazing. I loved her interactions with Kyabe. I ship it. Can't wait to see more about Kale.

Not a fan of Frieza but it'll be interesting to see how he fits in the team.
May 28, 2017 3:17 AM

Sep 2016
this should be filler episode. freeza is so overused, just let buu fight ffs
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 28, 2017 3:36 AM
Jun 2011
Comander-07 said:
Multiple complains here
- why no fit boo? I was actually looking forward to this! With his magic powers it could have become really cool.
- why frieza? Why not cell? Atleast cell never was really evil. Also hes more used to tournaments ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- after trunks and goten becoming super saiyan because half human and what not, now you just become one by focusing your energy at your back? The fuck is this?
They just made this a big joke. So far I could ignore all the garbage, but this is a big big no for me.
if you think about it she transformed as much as fast as trunks and goten to SSJ
May 28, 2017 3:53 AM

Sep 2014
Universe 3 is the most interesting by far to me. The Universe 6's female Saiyans trying to transform into SSJ. Everyone finally learned the truth about the tournament. Frieza is going to to take Buu's place.
May 28, 2017 3:58 AM

Jul 2016
Comander-07 said:
Multiple complains here

1. Toriyama have no idea how to giving Buu a decent fight in ToP because his ability was too overpower, through I really hope it will end up with Buu awaken in last minute in next episode instead of this garbage.
2. Because Toriyama love Frieza so much so that's why Frieza join ToP, and Toriyama hate Cell so much because of his design. (Through it wasn't as much as he hate Vegeta did)
3. No idea.

I think I will stop watching if Frieza really joined the ToP in next episode because it is ruined Frieza's character and making the whole ToP concept useless, through Frieza meet Frost was indeed an nice idea.
May 28, 2017 4:03 AM

Sep 2014
elior1 said:
Comander-07 said:
Multiple complains here
if you think about it she transformed as much as fast as trunks and goten to SSJ
jeah but like I said, trunks and goten where half saiyans. This always works as an excuse. Also we actually never saw the first time they transformed. Maybe something special was happening (or just the 2 of them fighting like always). But this time she just saw it and few seconds later she turned super saiyan? Not even by remembering something hard but just like this?
Im really pissed about this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 28, 2017 4:17 AM

Feb 2013
If they get Frieza on the team this tournament will be awesome!
May 28, 2017 4:19 AM

May 2015
Meh. I think that Cell is better warrior then Freeza. ;(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 28, 2017 4:20 AM

Jul 2016
Well, looks like Buu's going to take a big dirt nap.......GREAT!!(You do know that this is sarcastic, right?) Well Universe 3's got cyborgs, OH GOLLY GEE, I hope they're waterproof. And then there's the legendary scene where we finally have a female super saiyan,

Truly this is a glorious dawn. Oh, and apparently the 'shadow of envy''s name is Kale. Kale? I thought it was going to be something related to Brussels Sprouts.
Well, Goku FINALLY spills the beans and tells everybody of the REAL consequences of the Tournament of Power. But there's still the issue of Buu sleeping. How are we going to.....Wait......Yuh-huh......Uh-huh.........YEAH-HUH.......WHAT?!?!?!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it seems that the leak held true and Goku's actually considering to bring in Frieza to the tournament. Now, before we rage comment and curse this development (Like REAL gentlemen, no less) let's see why this is a good thing, and a BAD thing:

• Why this is good:

1. We can now explore and see how far the Golden Frieza form can reach and how much ass this form can kick.
    2. Frieza has been a fan favourite, so seeing Frieza finally enter a tournament and find out that there are more universes to set his eyes upon, opens new horizons. Thus giving potential to another arc. Who knows, Frieza might end up paying Universe 6 and the Saiyans there a visit and meet.........the other guy (Sorry, I forgot his name)
    3. Frieza was severely underplayed in the anime, mainly due to the animation bugs. We have the movie sure, but now we can see Frieza fight outside that arc and REALLY fight. I mean, when we watched the Golden Frieza arc, we knew he was going to lose.

• Why this is BAD:

1. There SO MANY OTHER OPTIONS, GOKU!!! There's Cell, there's Dabura, and there's even Boja....oh wait. Point is, WHY FRIEZA?!?!
    2. And pay attention to this, Frieza will NEVER join the Z fighters unless there was a painful catch. Cell, on the other hand, is evil but at least he's a team player. In fact, weren't there robots in this tournament? He could use them to his advantage. I know he's limited to the androids but I was living on a prayer here! In the case of Frieza, he'll likely to be brought back to life with universal diplomatic immunity. NOBODY wants that!!!
    3. I was about to say 'because spoilers' but then a thought occurred to me, this would be a BAD idea even without the spoilers. So, the third reason being, Toei's getting a little predictable. I mean, whatever fits their market bill is fine and all, but, with DBZ Abridged around, you could've at least capitalized on Cell. I mean, look at the numbers! Everyone's beginning to love the guy. So instead of staying with Frieza, keep him fresh by using Cell/Someone else, otherwise the Frieza shtick will end up getting stale.

Holy SHIT! That's a long list.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
May 28, 2017 4:29 AM

Sep 2013
rather than go to frieza and asking if he wants to join or not, why not using dragon ball and wish that buu to wakes up. lol
May 28, 2017 4:32 AM

Jun 2015
So frieza really is the tenth member.
May 28, 2017 4:51 AM

Nov 2010
Okay a female super Saiyan is now officially canon.that's very odd considering toriyama wanted the female version of super Saiyan to look different from the male counterparts and the whole focusing your energy on your back to spark a tingly like effect to achieved super Saiyan feels pretty cheap

Beerus being as shallow as everTrying to destroy things for very shallow reasons.never liked him.

Lmao goku not hesitating to recruit frieza as the tenth fighter for universe 7 or telling his friends there is no prize on the line for them after the top until Bulma changed her mind
The_Nut_CrackerMay 28, 2017 4:57 AM
May 28, 2017 4:56 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I'm just waiting for either Frieza tries to backstab Goku or Frieza picks a fight with Frost.

Both would be interesting.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 28, 2017 5:02 AM
Apr 2017
nice look but going ssj with that back thing is so fucked.
May 28, 2017 5:11 AM
May 2017

I know my photoshop skills are not the best. But called it
May 28, 2017 5:21 AM

May 2017
This episode... Sigh... Overly stupid anime logic everywhere. Feels so unneeded. Is there seriously nothing Whis can do for example to wake up boo? I mean, he did after all speed up Bulma's pregnancy? Weird as hell. And then the whole SSJ thing in Universe 6... I mean, Cauli might be a prodigy but surely it should've been written in a much better way? Can't believe SSJ has been reduced to a "tingly feeling in your back". Not sure why Toriyama has totally screwed power levels, was one of the best things about DBZ.
The -e y e s- tell you everything.
May 28, 2017 6:05 AM

Nov 2009
Li0n said:
Can't believe SSJ has been reduced to a "tingly feeling in your back".

Taking into consideration how easily Goten and Trunks reached super saiyan, I see nothing wrong with Caulifla reaching it easily.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

95 by Daninokuni »»
Yesterday, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

285 by AnimeGuardAngle1 »»
Apr 14, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

58 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 11, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2015

72 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 11, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

72 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 9, 10:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.