Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 27, 2017 8:55 AM

May 2012
Another really great episode with some lovely character development! Looking forward to see what's next, but having a different ED song sure made it lovely :3
Jun 27, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2013
Masamune not giving up on her love just because of one turn down and elf is like big sister to izumi :)
After party with some new guy and yukatas, sagiri will be an imouto for his brother for now.
Jul 17, 2017 12:44 AM

Apr 2012
Kuroneko! Tatsuya! Holo! & Kirito! just hit me hard with nostalgia
Sep 17, 2017 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
damn so many references this ep. All the girls too tsun lul.
Oct 20, 2017 7:33 AM
Jul 2017
yet another great ep!!

Kokoro Connect <3
Nov 13, 2017 9:15 PM

Dec 2015
Everything was actually somewhat interesting and entertaining but now it's pretty blatant how the characters are forming a harem - YUCK!
~
Nov 26, 2017 9:39 AM

Sep 2012
@AvidAnimeViewer

issue is he keeps misunderstanding her, she said he is in love with some1 & he automatically thinks its not him cause she didn't say its him hes just way to tense its not even funny anymore

AvidAnimeViewer said:
My problem is the uncertainty of Izumi's love. On the one hand he says "I love you as a little sister", on the other hand he can't date other girls because he says, "I'm already in love with someone." You wouldn't reject a girl because you love your little sister as a sister, it's because he loves her as a woman. And it isn't just because he doesn't want to hurt Sagiri's feelings, he genuinely has romantic feelings for her. At no point does he say he feels both brotherly and romantic love (is that even possible?) so which is it? The show doesn't focus on any conflicted feelings he might have about it, it just puts it out there with no further explanation because it's too busy boosting its wish-fulfillment factor by adding more girls to the mix who somehow have no problem with a guy loving his sister. Also, Izumi constantly switches from being aware and oblivious to Sagiri's feelings, so that gives less of a reason to think that they're even fully aware of each other's feelings..
LoomyTheBrew said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

My problem is the uncertainty of Izumi's love. On the one hand he says "I love you as a little sister", on the other hand he can't date other girls because he says, "I'm already in love with someone." You wouldn't reject a girl because you love your little sister as a sister, it's because he loves her as a woman. And it isn't just because he doesn't want to hurt Sagiri's feelings, he genuinely has romantic feelings for her. At no point does he say he feels both brotherly and romantic love (is that even possible?) so which is it? The show doesn't focus on any conflicted feelings he might have about it, it just puts it out there with no further explanation because it's too busy boosting its wish-fulfillment factor by adding more girls to the mix who somehow have no problem with a guy loving his sister. Also, Izumi constantly switches from being aware and oblivious to Sagiri's feelings, so that gives less of a reason to think that they're even fully aware of each other's feelings.

Bingo. You read my mind. I hate how he's trying to tie the line between brotherly and romantic love, you can't have both. That's a big problem with this show: it doesn't know what it wants to be in general.

cause of misunderstanding her he think she rejected him & cause of that he acts like this like one time he says he loves her & then wants to be her brother hes torn in to two + what remechan said

remechan said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

Bingo. You read my mind. I hate how he's trying to tie the line between brotherly and romantic love, you can't have both. That's a big problem with this show: it doesn't know what it wants to be in general.

Sagiri: I have someone I like
Izumi: Gets sad hearing the fact and ends up with the idea he's just liking her as a sister.

Let's put this into perspective - Izumi AND Sagiri both aren't confident. I mean sure Izumi is a published author but recently he's been knocked down so many times on his work submissions that he was about to give up (if not for Elf). You have to remember that he literally thought Eromanga Sensei would leave him immediately after Elf showed up. You can say they're both delusional and maybe it looks obvious to you but not to them.

Heck, Izumi's been trying to get Sagiri out of the room for the past year and failed. And now this same girl actually likes me? Yeah right... It's called self conditioning (to make oneself feel better). No I only like her a sister because it's impossible.

p.s. totally agree the last few episodes are bad. It went on a light novel tangent. I rather have the Megumi episodes than this. Whoever that came out of nowhere and hit on Izumi was ehhh. At least Elf was cool. She even played the piano.

this

Djidji said:
@AvidAnimeViewer @LoomyTheBrew @remechan

Well, Masamune is torned between is love for Sagiri as a girl and as a part of family. He chose to favor his love for her as a brother's one because having a family is way more important for him due to his past, having lost her mother once then lost his father after he married again, he years for a family.
But Masamune is like Muramasa, it's not because his love got denied that he will stop loving her so easily. And would he morally accept dating someone else while still having those feeling? I don't think he would.
What matters is knowing if the girls will change him or not.

Also, the show made it clear that Sagiri love Masamune (that's why she doesn't want to act as his sister) by focusing a lot on Sagiri's facial expressions and reactions, but that doesn't mean it's as clear for Masamune.
Plus, Masamune know Sagiri only as a "little sister" while the anime hinted Sagiri know Masamune for a while and loved him first as a writer who got his story published later. (Hints are her reaction when Muramasa came in their house and the art she was drawing when younger.)

Otherwise, romcom (and particularly harem ones) still are romance, but it's unlikely to be more "real" than the other one. It's not because the romance is not the main focus of the serie (as a genre) that there is no romance at all. :o

true but u got one thing wrong the part where u said Masamune know Sagiri only as a "little sister"

he said it he fell for her at first site & i knew it sins EP1 beginning when he went close to her & looked her i was like WTH lol u just fell for her how can she become ur sister then (a right there is a thing called denial that can help u)

IceTiger_Zenpia said:
Ahaha I ship it so hard... idc if people say it's incest, their still an incredibly cute ship and I would love for it to come true!!! sagamune anyone?!?

well they don't know what incest is

incest is a biological term for two closely blood related ppl example siblings having sex!!!!!
this 2conditions half to be met to call it incest!!!!
Sugram22Nov 26, 2017 10:54 AM
Dec 20, 2017 8:48 PM

Sep 2013
Elf is still best of the lot

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 10, 2018 1:23 PM

Apr 2015
"What was that?"
"A poltergeist."
"Okay."

Sagiri upstairs during the part pissed me the fuck off. Your "brother", who you ignored for over a year, is not your property.

Did I see Holo in Elf Yamada-sensei's fantasy? I approve.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 6, 2018 6:55 PM
May 2017
Sagiri is so cute. And Elf looked so beautiful in her yukata.
Apr 10, 2020 4:59 PM

May 2013
Main girl is worst girl.

At least she finally admitted her true feelings.
Aug 13, 2020 5:40 PM

Sep 2016
"I want to become the wife of the man I love"
Way to go Sagiri! Now cle...

"I'll pretend to be your sister for a while"
...ah. When are you planning to tell him you didn't reject thim, and try to win him back? :S

"I went further than I expected"
And then you backpedaled hard with the sister stuff :S

GIMME WINCESTTTTTTTT D:

Ok, all the characters are cute and there all super funny but is anyone else starting to feal like they are about to cross the line. I've watched yosuga no sora and I know how this can end up

That's the best part.
bruh
Jan 27, 2021 1:16 PM

Dec 2012
Another good episode

Apr 16, 2021 7:15 PM

Nov 2010
Aw, that was a nice wholesome episode I guess. Muramasa was cute this episode and she was hilarious too. Nice cameo from Ruri. I was wondering when she'll finally appear. And how I wish I was a good cook like Masamune.

23:35 *insert FBI open up memes*
May 3, 2021 11:12 PM

Jan 2010
Masamune is just a magnet for...well...everything, huh?

Anyways, it's subtle, but I think the art and animation had a slight bump for this episode. The visuals seem a bit more lively.
Jun 15, 2021 11:29 PM

Jan 2017
You were so close Sagiri, so close... :/
Nov 10, 2021 11:29 PM

Jul 2017
Bruh, all I can hear is Kirito and Eugeo between Masamune and Shidou lol

Nov 20, 2021 5:30 PM

May 2020
Oh many crossover in here. It's been a while didn't see Kuroneko. Thought I know this cartoon similar to Ore no Imouto kawaii konna ni wake ga nai. This time watching firewoks from home, though it feel not bad at all because my room also can see fireworks outside when festival. This time Sagiri struggle to get Masamune, interesting.
May 29, 2022 4:48 AM

Jun 2019
Uhhh... Idk what to say. This is getting weirder and why am I watching this in the first place. So many amazing girls and this mf falls for his little sister and so does she. Well, good for them.

LMAO, Also, I saw Kirito and some other references. LOL
Nov 8, 2022 12:45 AM
Aug 2022
J'ai franchement adoré cet épisode ou on peut remarquer la romance entre Sagiri et Masasume surtout à la fin de l'épisode ou sa m'a quand même pas mal touchée
Mar 23, 2023 10:25 AM

Aug 2019
different ed for somereason?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2023 3:14 PM
Feb 2023
The whole sibling love thing keeps being weird to me, even though they aren't blood related technically. I mean, the age gap still makes it weird, I guess when they're older in the future it won't matter as much anymore tho, but still
Imo Yamada would deserve ending up with Masamune if he didn't fall for his lil sis, Muramasa a bit less considering I felt her whole play to get Masamune to write for her was a bit selfish.
Also, sibling zoning is crazyy.. but it might actually be better for your dating chances knowing how this weird dude works...
Jul 11, 2023 8:55 AM

Jan 2023
I feel bad for Sagiri ....

Jul 11, 2023 10:03 AM

Dec 2022
Plenty of references and even a cameo in this episode. If Kuroneko appeared, will Kirino show up too? Or even Kyousuke or Ayase?

Shaded Horizon

Jul 11, 2023 6:20 PM

May 2022
I am loving watching this anime

This final scene was so good to see

All Masamune wants is a family ;-;
Rezete_01Jul 11, 2023 6:42 PM
Jul 27, 2023 9:46 AM

Jul 2021
the post-credit haha. well she's the one who suggested acting like imouto afterall. still she's gooten even farther than earlier in being his girl. all because she coulndn't be honest at the beginning.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 1, 2023 6:51 PM

Nov 2023
I kinda got confused a little bit into this episode
Feb 13, 9:07 AM

Apr 2021
a neutral episode but with cute scenes. She likes him a lot but she doesn't want him to say it otherwise she'll say stupid to him.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

330 by AkihitoZero1224 »»
Jan 28, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

165 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 27, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.