Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 27, 2017 7:35 AM

May 2017
What do you guys expect of the anime adaptation of Citrus? I'm not sure how they will make it work or how it will turn out as a shoujo ai because of all of the straight up yuri. But I'm excited and I hope that Citrus is actually developed into an anime that is done properly.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 2017 7:36 AM

Apr 2016
Well i'll watch it for the plot so...
May 27, 2017 7:48 AM

Jan 2017
the girl in the manga are hot but in the key visual given to us they look awful so this will make it less exiting to me .
so with bad visuals and the manga having a good-decent plot witch become bad after a while his anime won't be so good but the lovely characters may save it
AkerakaaaaiMay 27, 2017 8:18 AM
May 27, 2017 8:14 AM

Aug 2016
kikyo1hinamora said:
the girl in the manga are hot but in the key visual given to us they look awful so this will make it less exiting to me the manga after a while
so with bad visuals and the manga having a good-decent plot witch become bad after a while but the lovely characters may save it

I agree that the visual looks ugly, very sad.

I'm assuming it will be coming in fall as summer is soon approaching and there hasn't been anything new about it for some time.

About anticipation, I am quite interested in watching it, hope it will be good.
May 27, 2017 8:40 AM

Sep 2015
I'm not exactly a fan of this genre, however I did like the manga of what I read so far. I'm actually pretty exited for this
May 27, 2017 12:23 PM

Jun 2015
I'm excited, personally. This was my first Yuri manga and I really like it. I wouldn't take the "Shoujo Ai" tag too seriously at this point since there's no way MAL could really know with so little to go on, but I would certainly be disappointed if any of the more intimate scenes were watered down. Especially since I have high hopes for Saburouta to eventually take the relationship all the way, like Morinaga did with Girlfriends.
May 27, 2017 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
My friend (who has read the manga) said a lot of good things about this series, so I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking of Key Visuals, the Key Visuals or at least what we have for now don't look that bad in all honesty. Compared to what I saw from the manga which are the covers tbh, for that it looks okay.
May 27, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2017
Symphyon said:
My friend (who has read the manga) said a lot of good things about this series, so I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking of Key Visuals, the Key Visuals or at least what we have for now don't look that bad in all honesty. Compared to what I saw from the manga which are the covers tbh, for that it looks okay.

i think that and thatand thisare better than this[/spoiler]and now that i looked at the key visuals again it looks even more awful
AkerakaaaaiMay 28, 2017 4:35 AM
May 27, 2017 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
kikyo1hinamora said:
Symphyon said:

and now that i looked at the key visuals again it looks even more awful

I think differently on it. OF COURSE it could have been better but for me? It looks fine. I do get a bit for the manga art but for what it works it works I guess. Yet to see a PV or something to see through. Plus anime can't really keep much detail nowadays compared to manga art.
May 27, 2017 4:07 PM

Jul 2009
Like what I read of the manga so far. Will be looking forward to this.
Jun 3, 2017 9:38 AM
Sep 2015
One thing i care for the most is animation, should be top notch to be able to justify the manga.

HYPED AF BTW
Jul 4, 2017 5:59 PM

May 2017
Citrus is my favorite manga and Aihara Mei is one of my favourite characters of all time. I have high hopes for this... It will probably be 13 episodes, however, I wish it was 26 episodes with each episode being 23 minutes long.
Dec 3, 2017 4:33 AM

Aug 2013
Y know what guys y'all can fuck off with your (actually kinda bad looking) Key Visuals, I'M SO DAMN EXCITED THIS WAS THE LAST MANGA THAT I THOUGHT WOULD GET AN ADAPTION AND IT'S MY FAVOURITE YURI MANGA OMG sorry
Dec 5, 2017 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
One month to go; I'm quite excited for this. I'm still baffled that we haven't heard anything about a Girlfriends adaptation, since it seems to me like a no-brainer from a financial perspective, but this was the other Yuri manga I was sure would get a full-length adaptation. Bloom Into You probably will as well, it's just not far enough along yet.
Dec 5, 2017 9:36 AM

Sep 2013
I hope they fast forward through the start with the teacher cause that's horrible.
Dec 17, 2017 8:32 PM

Feb 2016
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dec 17, 2017 8:45 PM

Oct 2014
I honestly cant wait for this, im looking forward to it
Dec 17, 2017 9:05 PM

Oct 2015
Loved the manga and the premise. Yuri + step sisters <3
Dec 17, 2017 9:40 PM

Nov 2007
I am just anticipating all the distressed Hibike! Euphonium fans will find some sort of solace through this. Good for you guys!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 19, 2017 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
So to the ones who know both, how will this compare to Strawberry Panic?
Dec 19, 2017 7:13 PM

May 2010
Sury said:

Is this a joke? Citrus is infinitely better than this, Yuzu is way more realistic than Nagisa.

I hope they keep the original VA for this
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 20, 2017 1:24 AM

Dec 2009
do we know yet whether it's a 12/13-episode season or a 20+ episode season?
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Dec 20, 2017 1:36 AM

Oct 2016
Sury said:

I can say that Citrus is hotter
Dec 20, 2017 4:14 AM

Jan 2017
Crusader_8 said:
do we know yet whether it's a 12/13-episode season or a 20+ episode season?

I think it's a 12-episode season because manga is not so long. But who know
Sorry for my english
Dec 20, 2017 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
Confucius said:
Sury said:

Is this a joke? Citrus is infinitely better than this, Yuzu is way more realistic than Nagisa.

I hope they keep the original VA for this

No joke. Since I don't know the Citrus manga, how am I supposed to know? That's why I asked.
Dec 20, 2017 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
I super excited for it. Citrus is one of my favorite manga, and I'm glad it's getting an anime. The animation as seen in the preview isn't great... definitely not as good as the art in the manga. But it's passable. I just hope they don't botch it. Which sadly I won't be surprised if they do. Still, I hope for the best.

It's a little disheartening when you think about what a train wreck NTR was. Seeing as how both that and Citrus were supposedly the first two "legit yuri anime" (which I'm not entirely in agreement with, but hey it's whateves.) But the NTR manga is kinda trash too, so the fact that the anime wasn't that good didn't surprise me.

Let's just hope for the best.

Dec 21, 2017 4:23 PM

Aug 2015
I'm sorry.. but this is the anti - non anticipation participation reply... while very yuri and sumsuch...

the manga story went on for months and did nothing but show such an angggggggsty super sister brunette...
Dec 21, 2017 5:17 PM

Dec 2012
It's a pretty slow story imo, I doubt that they'd be able to adapt even a small part of the currently available manga in 12 episodes, the manga's pretty gucci though I'm not gonna lie
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 21, 2017 10:36 PM

Sep 2017
citrus anime adaption will cover until volume 4.

Dec 21, 2017 10:45 PM

Oct 2015
@Alfond Gimme that yuri boi

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Dec 21, 2017 10:51 PM

Mar 2013
LofnEdda said:
@Alfond Gimme that yuri boi

Whoa slow down there I have to read it myself first. I'll probably end up liking the manga and the anime though.

As a sidenote, I invited you to a yuri club if you're really interested lol.

Dec 22, 2017 3:10 AM

Sep 2017
PV 2 of citrus

MeinokoibitoDec 22, 2017 4:59 AM
Dec 22, 2017 11:37 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The second PV is way better.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 22, 2017 3:12 PM

Feb 2016
I don't get the complaint that it's slow. It's only a bad thing if there is no emotional payoff. Slow build-up is really good if it builds character and gives us a reason to care about these characters and understand their motivations and struggles.

Strawberry Panic, as weird as it is, actually developed romance and character far beyond many yuri-related anime I've seen, which is why the moment when the characters actually kiss and face their feelings is that much more rewarding.

Let's just hope they establish the characters well, tell the story in a way that makes sense, and don't screw up the romance angle of the story. Please. I need a good yuri anime for once.

Dec 22, 2017 4:46 PM

Sep 2016
I can't wait for this anime, I needed another full on Yuri anime after the brilliance of Yuri Kuma Arashi. Hopefully, it won't turn out as bad as NTR was, that thing was shit honestly, couldn't enjoy any of it.

Since it's going to cover to volume 4, I guess most of us manga readers know that there would be a good climax for the final episode. Honestly I have high hopes for this but at the same time I'm lowering my expectations.
Dec 23, 2017 1:30 AM

Sep 2015
anyone know if this will be an actual yuri.. or just a shoujo ai still stoked for it thoo
Dec 23, 2017 3:58 AM

May 2015
I don't have that much of an issue with the character designs to be honest. Sure not as beautiful as in the manga, but I like it. Guess it's just another simple matter of preferences.

The only thing I am is super excited for this to come. Without a doubt the one show I'm looking forward to the most next season! Hopefully it'll turn out to be a decent adaptation as well!

ali11747 said:
anyone know if this will be an actual yuri.. or just a shoujo ai still stoked for it thoo

Oh definitely a yuri.

Dec 23, 2017 4:16 AM
Dec 2017
Reverberate said:
I don't have that much of an issue with the character designs to be honest. Sure not as beautiful as in the manga, but I like it. Guess it's just another simple matter of preferences.

The only thing I am is super excited for this to come. Without a doubt the one show I'm looking forward to the most next season! Hopefully it'll turn out to be a decent adaptation as well!

ali11747 said:

Oh definitely a yuri.
no I think it is a shoujo ai there was no actual sex scenes .(I stopped reading when the girl with headphones showed up)
Dec 23, 2017 4:58 AM

May 2015
kirakiii said:
Reverberate said:

Oh definitely a yuri.
no I think it is a shoujo ai there was no actual sex scenes .(I stopped reading when the girl with headphones showed up)

To be honest, it's actually more of an in-between. It's not as "tame" as shoujo-ai, but neither does it go anything beyond kissing, holding hands and stuff. At least, so far.

Dec 23, 2017 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
kirakiii said:
Reverberate said:

Oh definitely a yuri.

If it's a legitimate (as opposed to implied) romance between girls, it's yuri.
Dec 23, 2017 9:37 AM
Dec 2017
AltoRoark said:
kirakiii said:

If it's a legitimate (as opposed to implied) romance between girls, it's yuri.
shoujo ai =Romance between girls
The difference btw yuri and shoujo ai is that shoujo ai is more tame
So this Anime is not yuri but a shoujo ai
Dec 25, 2017 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
This anime already disappointed me with the seiyuu casting, so I hope it turns out decent because Citrus is one of the best shoujo-ai / yuri manga I've ever read and I absolutely LOVE it.
Dec 25, 2017 11:49 PM
Jan 2016
So the MC is a gal in a yuri, kinda incest romance. Am I getting this right?
Dec 26, 2017 1:24 AM
Dec 2017
Anyone remember "The World God Only Knows",,?

"Citrus" is Kanon chan's school idol group with 3 members. But, after Citrus dispersed, then Kanon chan make single debute. Am I wrong,,?
Dec 26, 2017 1:40 PM

Jun 2013
Citrus is like the Attack on Titan of yuri. Oh boy.

I'd like to remind everyone to the fact that yuri and shoujo ai are literally the same thing, so it makes no sense to debate "which one" Citrus is going to be. "Shoujo ai" was coined by Western fans to describe yuri that isn't sexually explicit, and in Japan, the phrase "shoujo ai" is instead related to p*dophilia. Also in Japan, yuri is usually marketed as "Girls Love", and sexually explicit material simply gets the R-18 tag like any other sexually explicit anime or manga, doujin, VN etc. Wikipedia

Back to the subject at hand: I'm more interested in how the adaptation will choose to tell the same story. Will it adapt only the first four volumes? If it doesn't, how far will it go? Will the first episode set up the series in a less ham-fisted way than the manga did? How likeable or "hateable" will Mei be?

But I agree that it won't be to the anime's benefit if the intimate scenes are watered down, as they are the main selling point of the manga. Unlike most stories in the yuri genre where the emotional aspect is emphasized, Citrus is very h*rny (for better or worse) and isn't very concerned with "substance" (again, for better or worse), so I'm not sure what the point of the adaptation would be if it didn't stick close to the source in that regard. (The lack of substance of the manga isn't why I think it isn't good, but I don't want to get too off-topic.) I think a better question is how much sakuga there will be in the scenes in question.

Not_Important said:
This anime already disappointed me with the seiyuu casting

Traitor! Ayana Taketatsu is perfect for Yuzu (and she's the only character I care about anyways). That aside, which casting choice do you have an issue with?
LeeTailorDec 26, 2017 2:10 PM
Dec 26, 2017 3:23 PM
Jun 2013
So why is the manga rank N/A, the fuck
Dec 26, 2017 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
LeeTailor said:
Citrus is like the Attack on Titan of yuri.

Not_Important said:
This anime already disappointed me with the seiyuu casting

Traitor! Ayana Taketatsu is perfect for Yuzu (and she's the only character I care about anyways). That aside, which casting choice do you have an issue with?

Actually, Taketatsu Ayana is the only seiyuu that I'm fine with. I just don't know if Tsuda Minami is going to be able to do a good job as Mei and the other VAs seem like odd choices for their characters, they just don't sound right.

I mean, Ueda Kana as Yuzu and Mei's mom? Don't get me wrong, she's one of my favorite VAs and I love her voice, but she doesn't fit this kind of character. It feels like they're trying to make up for something by getting some big name VAs into the anime while disregarding the fact that they don't match the characters very well or at all.
Dec 27, 2017 5:27 PM

Jun 2013
Not_Important said:
Actually, Taketatsu Ayana is the only seiyuu that I'm fine with. I just don't know if Tsuda Minami is going to be able to do a good job as Mei and the other VAs seem like odd choices for their characters, they just don't sound right.

I mean, Ueda Kana as Yuzu and Mei's mom? Don't get me wrong, she's one of my favorite VAs and I love her voice, but she doesn't fit this kind of character. It feels like they're trying to make up for something by getting some big name VAs into the anime while disregarding the fact that they don't match the characters very well or at all.

I understand your concerns. Still, it may be bet to reserve judgment on the voices until you've seen the first episode at least. The voice actors might just surprise you yet. It's their job to adapt to a role, after all.
Dec 27, 2017 10:27 PM
May 2017
I've waited years
I've waited years
I've waited years
I've waited years
I've waited years

I've waited years
Dec 27, 2017 10:33 PM

Jul 2017
Only hoping Passione will do good on this to give me hope that HS DxD S4 won't be fuccced

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.