Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 2017 7:16 AM
Dec 2016
What an amazing game . 6 hrs into the game .
If you haven't played it , hey I just recommend it . Music is great , gameplay is unique , lovable characters etc .

On a side note , I am struggling to defeat last Bel in devil survivor . I am at lvl 64 . HELP 😨😨😨
"You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny. " -Brihdaranyak Upanishad
May 27, 2017 8:50 AM

May 2017
I so need to replay it. It has been like 9 years :)
May 27, 2017 9:52 AM

Mar 2013
I used to play it on my android. Game was great, but touch controls weren't so much.
May 27, 2017 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
Funny.

I just bought my own copy of TWEWY a week or so ago, but then put it on the sidelines once Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia came out.

Of course, once I finish FEE:SoV, I'll return to playing it as well as a number of others that I also need to finish/complete.

That being said, I must agree that the music, characters and gameplay are phenomenal. :)

P.S.
I played TWEWY once before, with my significant other's copy of it on my 3DS. It was surprisingly fun and new - even though I couldn't really get the hang of the controls but, maybe once I get back to it, that'll change.
removed-userMay 27, 2017 11:25 AM
May 27, 2017 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Indeed, the game is really good. One of the best DS games in my opinion.
May 27, 2017 11:40 AM

May 2012
Underrated. I would argue it is better than kingdom hearts, especially in the story aspect.
May 27, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
Eh

Main character was a sasuke-tier prick so I lost motivation to play further and shelved it.
May 27, 2017 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Eh

Main character was a sasuke-tier prick so I lost motivation to play further and shelved it.
Indeed, that's how he is when the game starts. But the game has a fuckton of character development.
May 27, 2017 3:13 PM

Sep 2012
Lord_Sithis said:
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Eh

Indeed, that's how he is when the game starts. But the game has a fuckton of character development.

Yeah, this.

I think concentrating in a particularly small cast did a lot with this game. Even the "worst" characters are decently written or memorable/charismatic enough to be enjoyable.
May 28, 2017 7:41 AM

Oct 2012
The game was really good and the mechanics are really interesting, enjoyed all of it and farmed a lot for the special pin you can get in end game, Joshua was such a OP top screener xD
May 28, 2017 8:17 AM

Jul 2009
One of my first DS games! Strangely, I didn't really enjoy it back then, but I'm thinking of giving it another chance now that my taste in games have changed over the years.
May 28, 2017 9:24 AM
Dec 2016
CheekyPenguin said:
One of my first DS games! Strangely, I didn't really enjoy it back then, but I'm thinking of giving it another chance now that my taste in games have changed over the years.

I dropped this game after 10 min when I first started playing DS games on pc some 5-6 years ago . Now I am loving it ^_^ and I am playing it on my 7 inch tablet .
"You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny. " -Brihdaranyak Upanishad
May 28, 2017 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
I can't really praise it for anything, having not played it, but at least you can still buy it brand new for like twenty bucks thanks to the Square Enix store.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282549/the-world-ends-with-you-ds
May 28, 2017 8:34 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Eh

That's exactly how I felt at first, but he ended up being a really good and well developed character.
May 28, 2017 10:23 PM

Mar 2017
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Eh

You need to at least wait until Joshua arrives. It's a complete uphill ride from there.

The DS version has shorter and incomplete OSTs but great gameplay (for SOS).
The mobile version has complete set of OSTs but shitty gameplay.
Overall I like both the versions but none of them are perfect.

As for the other aspects, the characters are stereotypical but their character developments make them stand out. The setting is interesting but it looses its replay value after a few tries (unless you want to collect all reports). The minigames are fun and so is grinding.

It's a must play for any JRPG fan.
May 29, 2017 1:22 AM

Dec 2011
I don't know about "lovable characters" but it's definitely one of the most innovative and fun games of last gen, and it's from Square Enix of all people.
May 31, 2017 12:56 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, the game was amazing. I never finished it but really had fun with it, it was definitely unique. Should get back into it one of these days.
Jun 6, 2017 10:28 AM

Jun 2017
I played it for the first time a couple months ago and absolutely loved it! I grinded a lot just because I loved the gameplay so much.
Jun 6, 2017 10:42 AM

Jul 2013
PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Eh

Caim yet again showing how much of a pleb he is. Not surprised.
Feb 12, 2021 5:41 PM
Dec 2017
Its really one of the greatest jrpgs of all time!

Feb 12, 2021 7:48 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
This game is now my favorite Nintendo DS game of all time.
That's no easy feat considering I love a lot of games on the DS. Pokémon SoulSilver took that spot for a long time until I picked this gem up nearly 5 years ago. Love the gameplay even if I suck at it, love the characters, love the art style/presentation..... it's so zetta good. Can't believe it's getting a sequel later this year... doubt I'll play it though because this game already ended on such a good note, I don't even have any of the consoles it'll be released on, and Square Enix... well... their current quality aside, they've always had some history of releasing some weird sequels that may or may not mess with the characters and kinda divided their fanbases as a result lol. That aside, yeah TWEWY is one of the greatest JRPGs out there.
Shit, I'm gonna replay this before the anime adaptation starts airing in April. Hopefully I'll finish it much faster than the first time.

PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Eh

I know this is an old post, but yeah, some people do have a problem with him... I imagine even more will when the anime starts airing; can't wait for at least one thread to pop up just to complain about why so many people put him on their Profile Favorites lmao

More topics from this board

» How to play Sports Video Games?

TheSunLife - Apr 3

10 by Jensenessy »»
5 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Apr 17

29 by loligoth666 »»
6 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

28 by Timeline_man »»
7 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3716 by Jeritorias »»
Yesterday, 9:57 AM

» 2 questions about Danganronpa series

Bright_Horn - Apr 19

3 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Apr 21, 10:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.