Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 27, 2017 12:31 AM

Aug 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

- This thread is only about this episode. If you want to discuss (future) events from the manga, please use the manga board.
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting/abuse/harassment will not be tolerated.

For more information see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
ArdanazJun 2, 2017 11:28 AM
May 27, 2017 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
So they're basically trapped until night arrives because of the titans from below...

I'm not surprised at how Eren acts towards those fucking traitors Reiner now. A lot of talking but I like the mind games going on. Obviously, no one can really be trusted in Eren's case from where he is now.

Eren looked like he wants to rip Reiner's head off lol
The part where they discuss the Beast Titan was also interesting. Pretty dialogue heavy episode but I'm alright with it.
Stark700May 27, 2017 9:43 AM
May 27, 2017 6:30 AM
May 2016
Considering pretty much all of the dialogue is new and we're further getting to learn about Reiner, Bertolt and Ymir, I think this episode was pretty damn interesting.

That small flashback scene though, damn...

Oh well, now we wait for the usual mass of "WHERE'S THE ACTION WHY IS THERE STORY IN MY MIKASA-SLASHER ANIME?!" comments.

Also, anime-original Ymir flashback next week?
ModernoirMay 27, 2017 6:34 AM
May 27, 2017 6:33 AM

Oct 2013
That was a good episode, also that preview is showing Ymir when she is young :O I guess we will see glimpses of Ymir when she was young.

@Metal_Ice786 I can say I called it :), just as I predicted they would show a few glimpses of the scene and end it where Reiner mention Marco.

Though, it could've work if they had shown the full flashback, but I would rather it stay like this, because I want Anime only to be guessing just as much as us when we were at those chapters in the manga.
May 27, 2017 6:44 AM

Aug 2012
Episode 34 End Card illustrated by Kana ITO

May 27, 2017 6:52 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm, I wonder which chapter this season is going to end at. This episode only adapted one chapter and looks like next episode's gonna have the same pace

May 27, 2017 7:06 AM

Apr 2017
full of talking but it didn't make me bored. good episode! i didn't see ep 10's preview tho. sad to say only 3 episodes left for this season. i'm not really into manga cus i feel dizzy (lmao) but i guess i have to do it or wait for 5 years before another season lol

still life: pink roses
May 27, 2017 7:09 AM

Oct 2013
sunako199 said:
full of talking but it didn't make me bored. good episode! i didn't see ep 10's preview tho. sad to say only 3 episodes left for this season. i'm not really into manga cus i feel dizzy (lmao) but i guess i have to do it or wait for 5 years before another season lol

There will be a snk event in October, I think that is when they will announce a season 3. I wouldn't be surprise if we get a season 3 in 2018.
May 27, 2017 7:14 AM

Mar 2013
what happened to marco's flashback ?
May 27, 2017 7:15 AM
May 2016
Dark_Soul_ said:
what happened to marco's flashback ?

They showed it but kept it ambiguous so it was mostly condensed, guessing they'll show the full thing later when it's meant to be shown.
May 27, 2017 7:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
sim0n2170 said:
Episode 34 End Card illustrated by Kana ITO

Fukken saved

But I wonder how they're gonna handle the Marco thing from here =/
May 27, 2017 7:39 AM

Apr 2017
keragamming said:
sunako199 said:

There will be a snk event in October, I think that is when they will announce a season 3. I wouldn't be surprise if we get a season 3 in 2018.
i'll wait till october before reading the manga then xD thanks for the info

May 27, 2017 8:00 AM

Aug 2015
Good episode, Eren is f**ked btw :v
4/5

Hyped for the next episode "Children" <3
May 27, 2017 8:03 AM

Mar 2016
i love dialogue episode. that marco flashbACK I NEED MORE

this episode confirmed it ymir is best girl (i am sorry mikasa)
May 27, 2017 8:07 AM

Dec 2016
So, we got:
-teaser of RBA Marco flashback
-Eren being Eren
-Ymir being mysterious
-Reiner's split personality that will probably confuse some anime-onlys until Bert explains
-Ymir's past next episode?
-Calm before the storm episode that still has some interesting convo and great development
-I can see how people would be conflicted about Bert, he looks so sad and silent but you know he's the Colossal, that's still so weird.
-Kinda wish the flashback showed more, at least where we see Annie being conflicted about it
-Good episode as usual
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”

-Donquixote Doflamingo, One Piece
May 27, 2017 8:08 AM

Feb 2013
Reiner is too fucked up.
I support Eren with his plan of torturing them to death.
May 27, 2017 8:10 AM
Apr 2017
Great episode. Definitely feeling a bit of a Winter Soldier vibe with Reiner with the word "Warrior" snapping him out of his Soldier personality.
May 27, 2017 8:11 AM

Dec 2016
Eren looked so pathetic today
May 27, 2017 8:16 AM

Aug 2013
I though Eren's eyes were going to pop out from the way he was staring.

A good episode. Pretty much a dialogue episode.

May 27, 2017 8:23 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

There was a lot of interesting conversations this episode, though nothing too big in terms of revelations. Just more hints and mystery build up, pretty interested in the Marco flashback.

All that said, damn, Reiner metal state is basically in chaos. Eren just can't digest how Reiner and Bertholdt act and even he's pretty much in rage mode, he'd have probably transformed into a titan if he could have despite the danger around him.

The scouts are drawing close, next episode should be pretty intense.
May 27, 2017 8:41 AM

Apr 2017
Leo_10 said:
I though Eren's eyes were going to pop out from the way he was staring.
that's me everytime tho

May 27, 2017 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, mentioning a lot of new things!

I was kinda expecting at some point it would be revealed how Marco died, but the flashback here caught me by surprise. Especially seeing Annie cry there was unexpected.

Still a lot of mystery about the "enemy" and the Beast Titan, but that's one of the thing that I like about SnK!
May 27, 2017 8:46 AM

Dec 2016
Anime-only watchers must be so confused right now... ha

And Eren being Eren: "..I gotta suppress my emotions" (2 minutes later) "I'll make sure you die in the most painful way pOSSIBLE!!11"
May 27, 2017 8:47 AM
Dec 2016
okay there was some different things...they changed the story...this was not pure manga...with Marco...and next ep Ymir... i hope there will be no more differences...in the other hand...this was a great episode too
May 27, 2017 8:48 AM

Apr 2016
Two words... dilated pupils
SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!SPLAT! SPLAT!
May 27, 2017 8:51 AM

Apr 2013
So Rainer mostlikely has schizophrenia
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?

Mar 2015
omg guys, srsly that scene with Marco...WHY GOD, WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME :'(

ALSO, baby horseface Jean made an appearance again (BUT IT WAS TOO SHORT), and can we also appreciate how amazing Historia/Krista looks <3

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
The Séance

Jul 2016
Eh...

1/5.

Boring af.

My smol ansgty anger child looks bored af lmao.

Also can we just take a moment.

DRAW ME LIKE YOUR FRENCH TITANS EREN.

I CANNOT.

THESE DAMN TITANS AND THEIR DAMN POSES I AM DONE.

Nah.

Nahhhhhhh.

Nah.

NAH REINER YOU'RE JUST CONFUSED OKAY.

THAT'S NOT MARCO.

IT'S JUST SOMEONE WHO YOU THINK IS MARCO.

BUT IT'S NOT MARCO.

I DON'T SEE MARCO'S FACE.

SO I AM STILL LIVING IN DENIAL.

IT'S NOT MARCO AND MY SON IS FINE AND HE'S JUST FINE SOMEWHERE ELSE OKAY? THANK YOU.

I will continue living in denial.

Marco is fine.

STFU REINER.

Eren.... HAVE YOU SEEN YOURSELF LOL.

I'm pretty sure you killed loads of people when you threw Titan-Annie on that church last season, and you stabbed those guys years ago, and you're semi responsible for like all of Levi's squad...

Idek man I'm pretty sure you're the same :')

*le cri for angry smol angsty Eren*

Anyway hopefully next week is better... looks more... action-y? Idek man.

Yup.
Jun 2016
This was a good anime episode but boy was I pissed when this chapter was released 4 years ago.

I thought we were going to get some answers but instead got confusing hard to follow dialogue after waiting a whole damn month with all the actually interesting dialogue coming out the next week.

But again, the voice acting was superb in this episode. Really did a great job conveying the emotions of this scene and Reiner's or mental issues with the things he's done. Really liking the close up shots too. Also liked how they incorporated the Marco flashback here even if it was more of a teaser than the full thing.

Looks like Ymir's flashback is also being moved up. I remember it from the manga just can't remember when it actually happened.
May 27, 2017 8:52 AM

May 2017
Eren is such a shitty birdbrain MC
May 27, 2017 8:53 AM

Mar 2015
H
pgmhecateii said:
Mostly just talking and thinking this ep...Beast Titan is still a mystery. A whole lotta secrets must´ve already been revealed in the manga. Is Reiner gonna get split personalities or something?

HAHAH OMG SAME. I loved that scene so much! This guy is such a bloody legend xD

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2017 8:56 AM

Aug 2012
its annoying how they have to put mikasa every episode worried about eren, I get it you are trying to stretch it since you are covering just 1 chapter, but cant you just add another filler. The point is I am really worried how they going to adapt the chapter 50, at this point I expect anything from those directors.

Apart from that this episode showed how a episode based entirely on dialogue can be great
May 27, 2017 8:58 AM

Jul 2013
That Marco flashback tease. I need to know so more - hope we find out this season.

Ymir's a mystery and seems like she's been won over by the duo. Christa is a pretty string waifu card to play~

Eren acts logical for once and understands he needs to get information. Ends up screaming madly anyway. I mean it's totally understandable considering he's facing the two people responsinle for the fall of his mum (and Shiganshina) but it was a bit funny.

Reiner's dual personalities make sense, and intrigues me a lot. Bertholdt seemed confused AF for having to put up with it.

I was kinda hoping we get to see the Survey Corp vs Colossal & Armoured this episode, but the buildup here was really solid. I do wonder what they meant by 'there's no future'; perhaps humanity is doomed with or without the Titans...?

Either way. Looking forward to the next episode!

May 27, 2017 8:59 AM

Jul 2011
eventho this was a dialogue heavy episode...... it was...... still intense!!!!!

I haven't read the politics arc of the manga yet but i heard people said it was a dialogue heavy arc, but if it was as interesting as this one, i've got no problem with that.

The portrayal of Reiner's mental illness is one of the best i've seen in anime series yet, without the "over the top maniacal laugh" or something like that, we could still see and felt something is absolutely not right with Reiner's head, besides this, the only anime with a realistic portrayal of mental illness that i've seen so far was only perfect blue by satoshi kon.

awesome.
May 27, 2017 9:02 AM

May 2010
what a boring episode. If they don't have enough content they should just makes less episodes....
May 27, 2017 9:06 AM

Jun 2015
Everyone is trapped until it's nightfall. Lots of talking going on. Eren is very pissed at Reiner. He wants them to suffer the worst possible way.
May 27, 2017 9:07 AM

Jan 2015
So for now Eren's choice is whether go with the flow, hear Reiner's story, have a debate and some flashback until the night. Or wait for Mikasa and the Squad to arrive, soon.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online

May 2016
Akai_Yami said:
So Rainer mostlikely has schizophrenia

That's not what schizophrenia is. If anything, it's dissociative personality disorder, when the person creates a new personality to cope with a traumatic and stressful situation. There's "warrior Reiner" and "soldier Reiner".

Jun 2014
Not surprised to see some people in this thread calling this episode boring......all talking with no mindless, flashy, Titan-killing action doesn't always = boring. In fact, in my opinion, if this show was all action every episode without taking time to, you know, fucking develop the characters or provide information about various elements of the story (past, present, or future), THAT would be boring. Go watch SAO or something.....

This episode provided a deeper look into Reiner and how fucked up he is mentally, and it was actually pretty intense for a "boring" episode of all talking. Also, I'm surprised they teased the Marco flashback, I know that doesn't come until much later so I can't wait for the full thing to be shown.
thebrentinator24May 27, 2017 9:11 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 27, 2017 9:09 AM

Mar 2013
The episode felt really slow today. Ymir is a lost cause now. What would she gain by concealing the truth at this point of the game?
May 27, 2017 9:09 AM

Nov 2016
Didn't like that part much in the manga, but somehow the anime version did a good job at keeping me entertained during the whole episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2017 9:10 AM

Apr 2016
gubruikertje said:
what a boring episode. If they don't have enough content they should just makes less episodes....

This may disappoint you even more but those are exactly the same scenes from manga except the marco flashback which is the most exciting thing in this episode by far. And the editing isn't even slow.

Manga does have pacing problems. You either hate it or tolerate it to wait for the next big moments. Because that's kind of what AoT is about.
May 27, 2017 9:13 AM

Apr 2016
great and interesting episode.

Berthold seems so weak to me.
On the other hand, I m a only-anime watcher and I still don't see what is going on at all.

Marco must have been a titan, too, but why could not he heal? Does it have anything to do with the titan-power?
Another thing surprised me. Eren was able to grow his entire arm by the titan-force, why not now? Because he was wounded as a titan?

Who is the real enemy? I put my guess precautionary in spoiler.

May 27, 2017 9:17 AM

Jan 2016
Boy people are hating on this episode and the previous one, what will they do when the next season arrives
May 27, 2017 9:19 AM

Sep 2016
Pretty average epoisode, nothing interesting happened >.> (eren's anger moments were good tho)
May 27, 2017 9:24 AM
May 2017
thebrentinator24 said:
Also, I'm surprised they teased the Marco flashback, I know that doesn't come until much later so I can't wait for the full thing to be shown.

So that short-flashback wasn't in the manga at this time, but a whole flashback some time later? How much later, this season?
May 27, 2017 9:24 AM

Jan 2014
anime only watchers are salty because there's no action he he

5/5

cry more kids, your tears are delicious
May 27, 2017 9:25 AM

May 2010
lunarxlunar said:
Manga does have pacing problems. You either hate it or tolerate it to wait for the next big moments. Because that's kind of what AoT is about.

Why keep the pacing problems when adapting into an anime? I mean I don't dislike talking (I actually prefer it over action scenes) but this was 20 minutes of talking about nothing.
It's almost as bad as season 1 where it took Eren 3 episodes to move a boulder from A to B.
May 27, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2014
Kitiko123 said:
thebrentinator24 said:
Also, I'm surprised they teased the Marco flashback, I know that doesn't come until much later so I can't wait for the full thing to be shown.

So that short-flashback wasn't in the manga at this time, but a whole flashback some time later? How much later, this season?

I would estimate that the full flashback won't be shown until season 3 (if it happens, and it'd probably need to be 25 episodes) or possibly even season 4 (again, if it happens, and this would be the case if S3 is only 12/13 episodes again). To put it into perspective though, this episode adapted chapter 46 and the flashback happened in chapter 77. So it'll be a while.
thebrentinator24May 27, 2017 9:42 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 27, 2017 9:30 AM
Sep 2014
OMG!!!!! the suspense is too much man. who is this enemy!! I knew the beast titan was behind all of this though. I had a feeling
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.