Forum Settings
Forums

Chinese Animation 'Huyao Xiao Hongniang' to Broadcast in Japan

New
May 26, 2017 9:40 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Haoliners Animation League has opened an official wesbite and announced that Chinese net anime Huyao Xiao Hongniang (Fox Spirit Matchmaker) is slated to broadcast in Japan under the title Enmusubi no Youko-chan. The series is scheduled to premiere on July 1 at 9:00 p.m. on Tokyo MX1. Unlike the ONA series, the TV version will have a total of 25 episodes, with a runtime of 24 minutes per episode.

Synopsis
In a world where spirits and humans coexist and can fall in love with each other, the spirits can only see their loved one dying before them, as their life expectancy is superior to that of human's. Even when that human is reborn, the previous memories of the past life are erased from their memory. However, it is said among the spirits that a certain "service" is spreading. This "service" is provided by the "Fox Spirit Matchmakers," who can revive the lost memories of their former lover. When the spirits lose their lover, they can purchase the "service" of the "Fox Spirit Matchmakers" so that they could attempt to regain their former lover memories and start over a new love story. This story follows a young Fox Spirit Matchmaker who tries her best to restore lost memories and spread love. (Source: Press Release, edited)

Cast
Tushan Susu: Kana Asumi (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san)
Bai Yuechu: Watari Hatano (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei)

Staff
Director: Wang Xin
Assistant Director: Dong Yi
Character Design: Jin Rongfan, Shen Qiche (Animal Yokochou animation director)
Sound Director: Wu Ting (Freezing Vibration in-between animator)
Japanese version Sound Director: Takumi Itou (Tantei Team KZ: Jiken Note)
Color Setting: Jin Zhongmin, Cui Shunyi
Art Director: Li Yunhao, Jin Yingcai
Director of Photography: Huang Zhihuan
Editing: Aya Hida (Gin no Guardian)
Sound Production: Woo Sound Studio
Japanese Sound Production: Half H.P Studio
Music: Fule Studio
Producer: Tang Yunkang
Animation Producer: Han Chengjie
Key Visual: fiodo
Title Logo Design: Nachi Kio (Imouto wa Ore ni Te wo Dasuna! light novel)
Studio: Haoliners, Emon

Fox Spirit Matchmaker is the anime adaptation of the webmanga Huyao Xiao Hongniang by Xiao Xin serialized by Tencent. The number of cumulative previews for the comic exceeded 7.36 billion in May 2017. The net anime has reached 120 million playbacks on Chinese streaming platform bilibili, and the total number of internet broadcast exceeded 1.2 billion.

Official site: http://enmusuyouko.com/
Official Twitter: @enmusuyouko

Source: Moca News
arsonalJun 8, 2017 11:12 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 26, 2017 9:42 PM

Sep 2009
Whew, China's really ketchupping on the animu eggsportz
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
May 26, 2017 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
Well huh. I remember seeing this around on a YT channel that I'm subbed to. But never had the chance to check it out, but this is pretty neat or something.

Might go and try to go and check this out somewhere if there's available or something.

Edit: Oh so this is a two cour TV series instead of an ONA series. Huh. This is actually pretty nice then, might be fun too.
removed-userMay 26, 2017 10:15 PM
May 26, 2017 9:50 PM

Sep 2013
MAL now has to change it's stand to mean Asian animation, not that big a deal since manhwa and manhua are already allowed.
May 26, 2017 10:05 PM

May 2015
Huh...you know...I was looking for a concept that was just like this. Welp, more Chinese Cartoons for us...
May 26, 2017 10:14 PM

Feb 2010
I hope it flops, like seriously
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 26, 2017 10:14 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Damn 2-cour ?
Even if im still traumatized by my experience with chinese cartoon so far (havent tried that one everyone is crazy about this season) i might try at least the first episode.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 26, 2017 10:15 PM

Dec 2015
U know what? That synopsis sounds cool.

I still dont trust chinese animation so for now atleast ima let it slide

However I do hope its a success, especially if its 2 cour
May 26, 2017 10:23 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Chinese cartoon?

Pass..............

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 26, 2017 10:36 PM

Dec 2015
Dear China, fuck off! Nobody needs your low quality and garbage anime.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 26, 2017 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
Why is everyone bitching? Is it because it's made in China? It's not a bad show.

removed-userMay 26, 2017 11:24 PM
May 26, 2017 11:25 PM

Jan 2009
China is starting to do business on anime now too lol

its only a matter of time when everything will be made by China!
May 26, 2017 11:29 PM

Mar 2016
Why do I have a feeling that in 10 years time , all we'll be watching is chinese cartoons and an actual japanese anime is something out of the norm.
inb4 MyChineseCartoonList
May 26, 2017 11:35 PM
Jul 2018
OhTaKuSo said:
Why is everyone bitching? Is it because it's made in China? It's not a bad show.

Well when you think about it in some sense I can't blame those people for seeing some of China's stuff which are considered as bad for them. But just because they have some shows that are bad it doesn't mean they will be the same thing.

I heard positive about To Be Hero for example and that was mainly chinese from what I recall. Then there's some others I watched which I personally thought were decent. It's the matter of them getting better as well which I've noticed that a bit.
May 26, 2017 11:36 PM
Aug 2016
Seiryus said:
Why do I have a feeling that in 10 years time , all we'll be watching is chinese cartoons and an actual japanese anime is something out of the norm.
don't underestimate the power of weebs
and I'm sure no one beside the Chinese would want to watch Chinese anime with their ear-raping voice actors and unfunny sens of humor
May 26, 2017 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
ClickBaitBuster said:
Seiryus said:
and I'm sure no one beside the Chinese would want to watch Chinese anime withe their ear-raping voice actors

Even if it is the case it is their language of course, so yeah. Just saying. Not arguing even honestly.
May 26, 2017 11:49 PM
Nov 2013
The Chinese are taking over!!!
May 27, 2017 12:21 AM

Aug 2016
So they're remaking it, and will be different from the ONA?
May 27, 2017 12:30 AM
Aug 2016
Symphyon said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
and I'm sure no one beside the Chinese would want to watch Chinese anime withe their ear-raping voice actors

Even if it is the case it is their language of course, so yeah. Just saying. Not arguing even honestly.
Well, their language kind of sucks. so...
May 27, 2017 1:43 AM

Jan 2016
Good good, i just hope one day they will make a cartoon out of Song of the Long March.
Johnnyd3rpMay 27, 2017 1:50 AM
May 27, 2017 1:50 AM

Apr 2016
Read the Synopsis... thanks i'll pass..
May 27, 2017 2:22 AM
Nov 2010
I'll be keeping an eye on this one, I found the ONA pretty interesting.
May 27, 2017 3:19 AM

Nov 2014
Lolicon otakus doesn't care.
May 27, 2017 3:22 AM

Dec 2015

joe_g7 said:

Get use to it. China will now invest a shitton for their "animus"
May 27, 2017 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
Robiiii said:

joe_g7 said:

Get use to it. China will now invest a shitton for their "animus"

Especially when they want to kind of be more involved within the medium, that's not necessarily a bad thing in all honesty. But oh well.

And tbh some people might be interested but that is just minor. That just focuses on outside of Chin. Maybe China itself is interested or anything to be fair.
May 27, 2017 3:35 AM

Jul 2015
I really can't stand Chinese voice actors ...
We need a jap dub for Chinese cartoons
May 27, 2017 3:42 AM

Dec 2013
joe_g7 said:

It's fine to pass on a show because it doesn't seem personally appealing, but to attack the country behind a show for trying its hand at animation, for trying to improve on its performance, is a dangerous way of thinking. It snuffs creative expression and damages the animation medium's ability to grow and evolve with the times.

It's ironic that modern anime fans gripe at Miyazaki and Anno's comments that anime is dying when those same "fans" attack anything that pushes the boundaries of the medium. The community loved it when classics like Cowboy Bebop and experiments like Shelter challenged expectations that came with experiencing Japanese animation. Pushing such boundaries was what anime great in the first place.

In an era bogged down by lifeless adaptations and creative flops, we need a hero. We need something, or someone, to reinvigorate the industry...

If anything, China might just be who we need to MAKE ANIME GREAT AGAIN.
May 27, 2017 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
LilGreasyKid said:
joe_g7 said:

It's fine to pass on a show because it doesn't seem personally appealing, but to attack the country behind a show for trying its hand at animation, for trying to improve on its performance, is a dangerous way of thinking. It snuffs creative expression and damages the animation medium's ability to grow and evolve with the times.

It's ironic that modern anime fans gripe at Miyazaki and Anno's comments that anime is dying when those same "fans" attack anything that pushes the boundaries of the medium. The community loved it when classics like Cowboy Bebop and experiments like Shelter challenged expectations that came with experiencing Japanese animation. Pushing such boundaries was what anime great in the first place.

In an era bogged down by lifeless adaptations and creative flops, we need a hero. We need something, or someone, to reinvigorate the industry...

Except for the last two sentences, basically this comment right here ^
May 27, 2017 5:24 AM

Aug 2015
Well why not, Though I'm not expecting something. Japan tend to make shit things shittier.

Hopefully China overtakes Japan in the animation industry too.
SeijiroUshioMay 27, 2017 5:29 AM
May 27, 2017 5:28 AM
Aug 2010
Symphyon said:
LilGreasyKid said:

Except for the last two sentences, basically this comment right here ^

I might give chinese animation a try if they dub it to japanese or anything else, chinese sounds like shit.
May 27, 2017 5:43 AM

Feb 2012
Oh man look at the ass of that fox girl.

China is going to beat Japan in their own game if they continue like this.
May 27, 2017 5:44 AM
Jul 2018
Cool more chinese stuff
May 27, 2017 6:13 AM

Aug 2008
Stop watching Chinese cartoon.

Me: Trigger. I'm not watching..oh wait

But seriously though, we often heard how animators in Japan work like slave, if only illegal downloading/streaming gone and people actually pay for it, then maybe things for Japan anime industry can change but sadly, that doesn't happen.

If China takeover Japan anime industry, don't blame China, blame yourselves for being pirate. Those animators that work like slave are desperate for China's investment. I just hope they make Feng Shen Ji anime.

ClickBaitBuster said:
Seiryus said:
and I'm sure no one beside the Chinese would want to watch Chinese anime with their ear-raping voice actors and unfunny sens of humor

Weeb has never been relevant market to Japanese anime industry. Most weeb download/stream anime illegally. Losing pirates view won't hurt Japan anime industry in the first place. It wouldn't bother them if weeb choose not to watch those Chinese anime.

Weebs, you reap what you sow.
ZapredonMay 27, 2017 7:31 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 27, 2017 6:42 AM

Jan 2015
Jesus Christ they took the Chinese cartoons meme literally. I dont want red commie chinos making my goddamn anime
LilGreasyKid said:
lmao like inserting making muh glorious CPC party cartoons? Or egdy shit children's shows with "fuck kkkapitalism" as moral? yeah, no. Chinese dubbing will always be shit anyways
DiginarcissaMay 27, 2017 6:50 AM
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
May 27, 2017 7:00 AM

Nov 2016
Dunno how I should reply in the future, if my mom tells me to stop watching chinese cartoons.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2017 7:08 AM

Aug 2008
AIDSKrillex said:
Jesus Christ they took the Chinese cartoons meme literally. I dont want red commie chinos making my goddamn anime

Your anime? Did you paid or download/stream anime illegally?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 27, 2017 7:10 AM

Dec 2013
Zapredon said:

But seriously though, we often heard how animators in Japan work like slave, if only illegal downloading/streaming gone and people actually pay for it, then maybe things for Japan anime industry can change but sadly, that doesn't happen.

If China takeover Japan anime industry, don't blame China, blame yourselves for being pirate. Those animators that work like slave are desperate for China's investment. I just hope they make Feng Shen Ji anime.

Tbh, I used to think that, too. Although it is true that pirates are hurting the industry, the industry itself is following an unsustainable business model that relies on overpriced Blu-Ray sales, not streaming revenue, to judge popularity and, more importantly, make a profit. In a high-choice media environment, the anime industry needs to rethink how it gets its money. Crowd-sourcing to help grow animation budgets may help studios evolve with the times. If the Japanese animation industry can learn how to better tap into its fan base and not just see us as cash cows, then we'll start getting higher quality shows...

And complete seasons of Attack on Titan.
May 27, 2017 7:12 AM

Dec 2015
@Robiiii How come the thing they're investing a shit ton of money has made nothing but disasters, my current opinion is based on the things they've made until now, which are appalling to say the least.

@LilGreasyKid I guess it's my mistake thinking that it would've been obvious that in my post by 'Dear China' I meant the people there that produce and invest in those monstrosities they call animation. In not attacking any nation in general.
May 27, 2017 7:19 AM

Aug 2008
LilGreasyKid said:
Zapredon said:

Tbh, I used to think that, too. Although it is true that pirates are hurting the industry, the industry itself is following an unsustainable business model that relies on overpriced Blu-Ray sales, not streaming revenue, to judge popularity and, more importantly, make a profit. In a high-choice media environment, the anime industry needs to rethink how it gets its money. Crowd-sourcing to help grow animation budgets may help studios evolve with the times. If the Japanese animation industry can learn how to better tap into its fan base and not just see us as cash cows, then we'll start getting higher quality shows...

And complete seasons of Attack on Titan.

Yeah, the bluray are overpriced.CR is cheap way to support the industry. Crowd funding might change things but for now,I guess we just have to suck it up.

May 27, 2017 7:23 AM

Dec 2015
Zapredon said:
I just hope they make Feng Shen Ji anime.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33758/Wu_Geng_Ji Aren't they already making it with their 'quality' studios? Or do you already know, but prefer to think this never existed?
May 27, 2017 7:24 AM

Dec 2013
joe_g7 said:
@Robiiii How come the thing they're investing a shit ton of money has made nothing but disasters, my current opinion is based on the things they've made until now, which are appalling to say the least.

@LilGreasyKid I guess it's my mistake thinking that it would've been obvious that in my post by 'Dear China' I meant the people there that produce and invest in those monstrosities they call animation. In not attacking any nation in general.

Thank you for clarifying, although I already understood that to be the case. Your comment, however, is targeting at the animators and investors of the specific country in question.

China's foray into the Japanese anime market is relatively new, even amateurish. It's a painful transition time, even if we ignore the borderline xenophobia from within the community that the Chinese studios need to overcome while they experiment with new techniques. However, once the animation leaders in China refine their techniques, the market will finally have the competition it needs to drive the industry forward.

May 27, 2017 7:28 AM

Dec 2015
LilGreasyKid said:
joe_g7 said:

Thank you for clarifying, although I already understood that to be the case. Your comment, however, is targeting at the animators and investors of the specific country in question.

China's foray into the Japanese anime market is relatively new, even amateurish. It's a painful transition time, even if we ignore the borderline xenophobia from within the community that the Chinese studios need to overcome while they experiment with new techniques. However, once the animation leaders in China refine their techniques, the market will finally have the competition it needs to drive the industry forward.
I understand where you come from, but honestly, I won't be holding my breath till that time comes.
May 27, 2017 7:38 AM

Jan 2015
Zapredon said:
AIDSKrillex said:

fuck off streamfag. The only thing you can contribute to your Japanese cartoon industry is to buy unsubbed shit from Japan directly
May 27, 2017 7:40 AM

Aug 2008
AIDSKrillex said:
Zapredon said:

fuck off streamfag. The only thing you can contribute to your Japanese cartoon industry is to buy unsubbed shit from Japan directly

Don't be salty pirate. You reap what you sow. Now go back watching CHINESE cartoon.

May 27, 2017 7:45 AM

Jan 2015
Zapredon said:
Don't be salty pirate. You reap what you sow. Now go back watching CHINESE cartoon.
dont be so cocky my Crunchyrollfriend. You unironically think you are supporting Japanese cartoons through streaming in Crunchyroll? Lmao the only fucking thing Crunchyroll would do is to pay licensing fees. Any additional income gained by Crunchyroll would be owned by itself so your muh support in teh industrie is fucking useless unless you actually buy overpriced untranslated BDs from Japan which is I think you dont even do. If japanese people are eager to sell their shit, they must allow to distribute it on my region which they seldom do
May 27, 2017 7:47 AM
Jul 2018
Well this song basically sums it up for you

Since everything is basically made in China, like the tech to MAKE anime.

Also, stop shitting on China's parade. A lot of animation companies animate anime and you can't see the names of them correctly since it looks like Kanji.
May 27, 2017 7:49 AM

Aug 2008
AIDSKrillex said:
Zapredon said:
dont be so cocky my Crunchyrollfriend. You unironically think you are supporting Japanese cartoons through streaming in Crunchyroll? Lmao the only fucking thing Crunchyroll would do is to pay licensing fees. Any additional income gained by Crunchyroll would be owned by itself so your muh support in teh industrie is fucking useless unless you actually buy overpriced untranslated BDs from Japan which is I think you dont even do. If japanese people are eager to sell their shit, they must allow to distribute it on my region which they seldom do

Most of your money goes straight to the industry

Gao couldn’t reveal to me how much of your Crunchyroll payment goes back to anime publishers because of nondisclosure agreements. But he did say that publishers are “ecstatic” about the revenue they receive, and that publishers probably wouldn’t agree to work with Crunchyroll in such large numbers if they were getting such a bad deal.

“This season, we have over 40 simulcasts—more than we’ve ever had. And most of those shows are coming from repeat publishers who’ve been with us from day one. Publishers get the majority of the money [from your subscription] and they’re very happy with what they’re getting.”

The thing is, Crunchyroll makes revenue in a lot of different ways aside from your subscription payment, or ads if you have a free account. That frees up the money you give to Crunchyroll to go right back toward the industry. Basically, hiring more employees and other business costs don’t take away from the portions that anime publishers receive.

https://www.otakujournalist.com/where-your-crunchyroll-dollars-really-go-an-interview-with-the-ceo/

Without CrunchyRoll, there will be no HorribleSubs.

May 27, 2017 7:55 AM

Jan 2015
Zapredon said:
Most of your money goes straight to the industry

Gao couldn’t reveal to me how much of your Crunchyroll payment goes back to anime publishers because of nondisclosure agreements. But he did say that publishers are “ecstatic” about the revenue they receive, and that publishers probably wouldn’t agree to work with Crunchyroll in such large numbers if they were getting such a bad deal.

“This season, we have over 40 simulcasts—more than we’ve ever had. And most of those shows are coming from repeat publishers who’ve been with us from day one. Publishers get the majority of the money [from your subscription] and they’re very happy with what they’re getting.”

The thing is, Crunchyroll makes revenue in a lot of different ways aside from your subscription payment, or ads if you have a free account. That frees up the money you give to Crunchyroll to go right back toward the industry. Basically, hiring more employees and other business costs don’t take away from the portions that anime publishers receive.

https://www.otakujournalist.com/where-your-crunchyroll-dollars-really-go-an-interview-with-the-ceo/

in short, Crunchyroll owns your money while paying a fraction of that shit to licensing fees. This is why you should NEVER pay to a third party if you wanna support the industry directly for fuck's sake. Pay your overpriced BDs and buy directly to Japan if you have a heroic complex to save muh Japanese cartoons. Also, isnt hypocritical that Crunchyrollfriends are so cocky nowadays where in fact your beloved webpage started as an illegal Kissanime tier streaming site for east asian dramas and japanese cartoons.
May 27, 2017 8:01 AM

Aug 2008
AIDSKrillex said:
Zapredon said:

in short, Crunchyroll owns your money while paying a fraction of that shit to licensing fees. This is why you should NEVER pay to a third party if you wanna support the industry directly for fuck's sake. Also, isnt hypocritical that Crunchyrollfriends are so cocky nowadays where in fact your beloved webpage started as an illegal Kissanime tier streaming site for east asian dramas and japanese cartoons.

A fraction? Do you understand the meaning of 'publisher', 'most' or 'majority'?

Publishers get the majority of the money [from your subscription] and they’re very happy with what they’re getting.”

Feel free to come up with excuse as much as you want,just don't whine and complain in case China takeover Japan animation. You reap what you sow.
ZapredonMay 27, 2017 8:07 AM

May 27, 2017 8:06 AM

Jan 2015
Zapredon said:
AIDSKrillex said:
in short, Crunchyroll owns your money while paying a fraction of that shit to licensing fees. This is why you should NEVER pay to a third party if you wanna support the industry directly for fuck's sake. Also, isnt hypocritical that Crunchyrollfriends are so cocky nowadays where in fact your beloved webpage started as an illegal Kissanime tier streaming site for east asian dramas and japanese cartoons.
Publishers get the majority of the money [from your subscription] and they’re very happy with what they’re getting.”
Jesus Christ how can you even trust this man or this article if they cant even give details other than "we gib majority of your shekels to the japanese but I cant tell you the actual details lol xdddd trust me goyim"? Seriously, Americans trust their companies too much
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

4 by _MushiRock11_ »»
16 minutes ago

» Manhwa 'True Beauty' Gets Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Nov 17, 2023

47 by nightjasmine »»
6 hours ago

» 'Trapezium' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Shirayukin »»
8 hours ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Reveals Lead Cast, Production Staff, First Promo for Summer 2024

Vindstot - Mar 17

9 by mshfqtny »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by DrHizzle »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.