Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
May 26, 2017 9:01 PM
Aug 2016
I am not a volume anime watcher, I am picky and few animes interest me but I haven't been as enthralled into an anime series since full metal alchemist brotherhood. Parasyte The Maxim has a great story and superb character development that has kept me continuously wanting to watch the next episode. This has not happened to me in years. I do not have Uverse or any other type of T.V package, and I haven't in years, I just use apple TV, so I don't know what is shown on T.V anymore, so I am not even sure if this airs on some American network. It is pretty brutal and disturbing, I doubt they would show this on a kids channel.

The American dubbing is excellent too, I usually prefer to watch anime in it's original Japanese but I don't feel the need to this time. What a great show this Parasyte anime is. Is it even well known yet?
May 26, 2017 9:04 PM

Oct 2013
AnimeMan33 said:
Is it even well known yet?
if you check on the ranking and popularity then by MAL standards it is yes
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22535/Kiseijuu__Sei_no_Kakuritsu
May 26, 2017 9:06 PM
Oct 2013
It's one, if not the hottest anime during its airing period. Watch it til the end.

And yes, it's quite popular.
May 26, 2017 9:09 PM
Aug 2016
I'm picky with anime, very picky, but I know a masterpiece when I see it.
May 26, 2017 9:31 PM

Nov 2014
why's there nothing on your account :O
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
May 26, 2017 9:34 PM

Nov 2011
It was super popular when it aired, but pretty much everyone stopped talking about it after it finished airing.

I heavily doubt it's forgotten; it just didn't gain longstanding relevance in the community.
May 26, 2017 11:53 PM

Oct 2015
well with this site you're on rn, called mal you can clearly see

it is ranked 79, and is 45th most popular series,

>can see a masterpiece
>inb4 turn out sao is a masterpiece
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 27, 2017 12:05 AM

Nov 2016
Parasyte the Maxim is very good I agree. I may give it a rewatch in the future. I only rewatch series I give a 8+
May 27, 2017 12:16 AM

Dec 2013
As I recall it was one of the most popular shows when it aired. Interesting concept and beginning but nosedived after the halfway mark imo. I much preferred the less action-oriented episodes. And omitting the romance would have been an improvement. Wasn't bad for what it was, I guess.
DouluoMay 27, 2017 12:21 AM
May 27, 2017 12:48 AM

May 2015
I found it to be horrible. Only the EDM soundtrack saved it. It's basically a superhero story with a harem sub-plot, a sex bomb who's gonna save the world.

Not really interesting.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 27, 2017 2:37 AM

Nov 2016
No it's a hidden gem you just discovered :D

I'm glad that you have fun with it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2017 2:42 AM
Mar 2011
its amiher bad adpaation for reason i have explained many a time
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 27, 2017 2:46 AM

Feb 2017
It's pretty well known and it was aired on TV a few years ago (or maybe it was last year? I'm not really sure) on Adult Swim/Toonami.

I did really like it, aside from the fact that the romance felt somewhat unnecessary.
May 27, 2017 2:48 AM

Jul 2015
Yes, it is extremely popular, and I agree with Gymtaka and TheBrainintheJar said, minus "the EDM soundtrack saved it" because it was one of the worst use of a soundtrack I saw in a while.I was bored out of my mind every time that sad piano track played.

Superb character development? You mean, the MC's new haircut? Also, the action scenes. Instead of doing interesting stuff with the parasites, it's all tentacles fighting at supersonic speed à là DBZ while the characters stand still.
May 27, 2017 2:51 AM
Aug 2015
No, you're the first and last to discover it. Also, it's pretty terrible in the second half.
May 27, 2017 6:17 AM

Jul 2015
Read the manga, it's spookier and Murano is slightly less annoying in it.
May 27, 2017 6:25 AM

Jun 2008
I dislike how they never truly told us WHY the parasytes came to earth and what their ultimate goal was.

Or maybe they did and it was 3deep5me?

I really don't know.

Don't get me wrong, I did like it and all....but it still bugs me a bit.
May 27, 2017 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
Ah, so you've encountered the power of Engrish and the most obnoxious female character in the history of anime.

I kid, it's still a good anime.
May 27, 2017 8:34 AM

Jun 2015
_Lightsbane said:
Ah, so you've encountered the power of Engrish and the most obnoxious female character in the history of anime.

Why does everyone hate poor Murano? :'(

I mean yeah, she's a bit overemotional at times but she still has a well-rounded personality compared to most other tsunderes.
AltoRoarkMay 27, 2017 8:38 AM
May 27, 2017 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
@AltoRoark

Izumi-kun, you've changed recently.
Izumi-kun, your eyes are weird.
Izumi-kun, you're different.
Izumi-kun, you're not being yourself.
Izumi-kun, you're like a completely different person.
Izumi-kun, did you change because of your friends?
Izumi-kun, who can change like that without trying?!

Holy shit...
Bitch, don't like it? Stop whining and move out of the way, so "Best Girl" can step in.

May 27, 2017 9:02 AM

Mar 2016
AnimeMan33 said:
it was a popular seasonal and like all seasonals they die out pretty quickly
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
May 27, 2017 11:57 PM

May 2015
AltoRoark said:
_Lightsbane said:

I mean yeah, she's a bit overemotional at times but she still has a well-rounded personality compared to most other tsunderes.

She's annoying?

I was more annoyed that the MC had nothing to offer but perfect morality and super-sexiness.
May 28, 2017 2:49 AM

Nov 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:
AltoRoark said:

She's annoying?

I was more annoyed that the MC had nothing to offer but perfect morality and super-sexiness.

At least the MC had a cool hand though amirite?
May 28, 2017 3:08 AM

Nov 2014
TripleSRank said:
It was super popular when it aired, but pretty much everyone stopped talking about it after it finished airing.

Like any other seasonal anime when it finishs broadcasting. And sometimes not even that.

Aure0lin said:
AnimeMan33 said:
it was a popular seasonal and like all seasonals they die out pretty quickly
May 28, 2017 4:02 AM

Nov 2011
BlancaXLobo said:
TripleSRank said:

Like any other seasonal anime when it finishs broadcasting. And sometimes not even that.

Shingeki's first season was talked about for like a year or two after it aired, and there has jever really been a pause in the talking about One Punch Man. Being seasonal doesn't mean the popularity always dies after it finishes airing. Even SAO was a seasonal a mere five years ago, which isn't that long ago in all honesty.

There are even a number of shows that weren't "crazy popular" when they aired that still get brought up relatively often-- Ping Pong the Animation, for example. Thus I think whether or not a series remains in the community consciousness is worthy of some note.
May 28, 2017 4:25 AM

Nov 2014
TripleSRank said:
BlancaXLobo said:

Shingeki's first season was talked about for like a year or two after it aired, and there has jever really been a pause in the talking about One Punch Man. Being seasonal doesn't mean the popularity always dies after it finishes airing. Even SAO was a seasonal a mere five years ago, which isn't that long ago in all honesty.

There are even a number of shows that weren't "crazy popular" when they aired that still get brought up relatively often-- Ping Pong the Animation, for example. Thus I think whether or not a series remains in the community consciousness is worthy of some note.

Right, they are exceptions, like you have said, but they are always the fact that most of the fandoms tend to go quitier when a show stop airing. And I'm not talking about just anime.

Also, i found funny that one of the titles you said, Sword Art Online, because it's most remenbered as a snark bait than a good show.
May 28, 2017 4:29 AM

Apr 2016
AnimeMan33 said:
I'm picky with anime, very picky, but I know a masterpiece when I see it.

"Masterpiece" is 100% subjective, though.
May 28, 2017 5:14 AM

Jul 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:

He must have the most awkward fapping sessions ever :/.

@TheBrainintheJar the attempts at being "deep" or whatever were laughable. I couldn't take anyone seriously except maybe that teacher woman. I think I heard MC-kun and his hand talking about edgy teen grey morality more than enough.
May 28, 2017 5:29 AM

Jun 2015
_Lightsbane said:
@AltoRoark

Izumi-kun, you've changed recently.
Izumi-kun, your eyes are weird.
Izumi-kun, you're different.
Izumi-kun, you're not being yourself.
Izumi-kun, you're like a completely different person.
Izumi-kun, did you change because of your friends?
Izumi-kun, who can change like that without trying?!

Holy shit...
Bitch, don't like it? Stop whining and move out of the way, so "Best Girl" can step in.

I was never annoyed by this to be perfectly honest. It's understandable for her to be worried about the well-being of someone she cares about, is it not?
May 28, 2017 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
AltoRoark said:
I was never annoyed by this to be perfectly honest. It's understandable for her to be worried about the well-being of someone she cares about, is it not?

All she should have said was: "Look, I can tell you've been through some traumatic event that you're not ready to talk about. Just know that I'm here if you need me."

And she would have been a great character.
This shit is so easy. I swear these studios make annoying characters on purpose just to keep us talking about their shows, long after they're done.
May 28, 2017 6:17 AM

Jul 2015
What _Lightsbane said. Her incessant bikering was just a cheap way to had cheap drama with no real other intent than filling some eps. Parasyte kept repeating the same thing again and again ad nauseam, including its soundtrack. That's not good. Cut all the redundant scenes in it, and you're left with a skeleton of a show that never does anything with its characters.

Except teacher-sama, but she really looks like an UFO in that show. "Wow, someone actually said something that grabbed my attention!"
DeathkoMay 28, 2017 6:26 AM
May 28, 2017 6:39 AM

Oct 2015
from what i hear, they altered its second half and the manga version should be better, so i'm more interested in reading it than finishing the show. it's alright, but nothing that amazing. better than a lot of generic stuff, yes. but not spectacular.
as for its popularity, yes its very popular and well praised
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
May 28, 2017 6:41 AM

Mar 2016
I certainly loved it the first time I watched it.
After that... eh.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

May 28, 2017 6:45 AM

Nov 2016
While I can understand that some people were annoyed by Murano, I think that her behaviour was pretty much normal.

I mean teenage girls are generally very clingy, at least most I know. Have one day you act a little bit different and your girlfriend will annoy the shit out of you.
And Shinichi changed drastically, no wonder she was worried, on top of that her character seemed quite sensitive to begin with.
Maybe that's not great writing, but it's acceptable.

Or maybe I'm just sugar coating it, because Parasyte is one of my favorite anime :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 29, 2017 12:04 AM
Aug 2016
sakamoto-kun said:
No it's a hidden gem you just discovered :D

I'm glad that you have fun with it.

Absolutely, a hidden gem, that's what it is.
May 29, 2017 12:32 AM

May 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

She's annoying?

It was cool for 3 episodes but then it became repetitive, so I'm not sure.

Clebardman said:
Pixel_Vapour said:

He must have the most awkward fapping sessions ever :/.

@TheBrainintheJar the attempts at being "deep" or whatever were laughable. I couldn't take anyone seriously except maybe that teacher woman. I think I heard MC-kun and his hand talking about edgy teen grey morality more than enough.

For a few episodes there was some vegan moralizing. I wish they kept that. It was simplistic as hell - 'how disgusting! we eat animals! animals are perfect and cuddly!' but at least it was something.
May 29, 2017 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
Wow le hidden gem... half a million viewers on MAL, rated 8.5, I still see the blu-ray in sale in my local stores.

@TheBrainintheJar Hahahahaha I agree with you, but I spent too much time with PETA weirdos in music school, they get on my nerves quickly.
May 30, 2017 1:01 AM

May 2015
Clebardman said:
Wow le hidden gem... half a million viewers on MAL, rated 8.5, I still see the blu-ray in sale in my local stores.

@TheBrainintheJar Hahahahaha I agree with you, but I spent too much time with PETA weirdos in music school, they get on my nerves quickly.

I'm always close to veganism, but I need the evidence that animals can understand ethics and perhaps sit through a class of Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals.

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Yesterday, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.