Forum Settings
Forums

Info SJWars: Far Cry 5 attacks Christians!

New
Is Far Cry 5 Anti-Christian Propaganda?
Yessum
16.7%
No sir
83.3%
18 votes
May 26, 2017 8:08 PM

Dec 2012
https://www.infowars.com/villains-in-upcoming-video-game-are-white-christian-right-wing-extremists-from-montana/

Excerpt (albeit it's a short article)

A graphic for the latest installment of the video game series Far Cry indicates white Christian Americans from Montana will be the antagonists.

“Far Cry 5 will tell the story of a militant Christian cult, if a piece of artwork released today by publisher Ubisoft is any indication,” reports gamer site Polygon.
A shocking promotional illustration features a group of flannel-wearing bearded rednecks sat around a table in poses similar to that of “Jesus’ Last Supper.” (see below)

Far Cry 5 stands out as it’s the first in the series to let gamers mow down Americans (albeit fictitious), not mutants or foreigners.
“Previous Far Cry games have been set in remote locales crawling with fictional villains (and even mutants at one point—how far it’s all come) and were easy to dismiss as pleasantly distant and fully fictional,” PC Gamer notes.
The latest Far Cry follows a growing trend in video games to cast Americans as the enemy, according to The Verge:

“Resident Evil 7 sets its hero against a pseudo-zombified white family in the American bayou, while Outlast 2 draws horror from an American religious cult. Mafia 3 follows Lincoln Clay, a mixed-raced Vietnam vet, who takes revenge on the Italian mob in 1970s Louisiana after the assassination of his father figure, the leader of the black mob. And an episode of Hitman, called “Freedom Fighters,” has the titular killer assassinating targets on a Colorado compound that seemed to take at least some inspiration from the real-world incident in Harney County.”

And then (he starts at 1:09):

In short, it could have been dismissed as just one writer's opinion until Mike Cernovich, a prominent figure for alternative media, condemned Far Cry 5 as part of a wider conspiracy to take down Christianity and western civilization via video games while live on the Alex Jones Show. He even went on to blame George Soros.

I mean wowza. This is great stuff. I'm impressed. I never imagined that after all that they've said about 9/11, Sandy Hook, 3 million illegals voting, and Satanic globalist pedophile guilds that this would be the place where I finally stop and say "Woah woah woah, that's nonsense. What are ya, crazy?"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 26, 2017 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
Much more better idea: Far Cry set in Florida. No plot/factions, just trying to survive Florida.
May 26, 2017 8:18 PM

Nov 2008
Soros has nothing to do with this. He needs to lighten up and realize the really fringe fundamentalists in remote areas are dangerous people that don't represent Christians in fact 99.9% of Christians condemn their actions.

May 26, 2017 8:21 PM

Nov 2008
Neane93 said:
Much more better idea: Far Cry set in Florida. No plot/factions, just trying to survive Florida.

Florida is a mess heck they have child marriages there and not by Muslims either unlike in many cases, they're basically the really fringe Christian fundamentalists who do this.

May 26, 2017 8:22 PM

Jul 2015
wow fictionals chars a bad
big deal

also
-christain
-cannibals
lol
May 26, 2017 8:38 PM
Mar 2014
This is hilarious. Not that this kind of thing is new though.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
May 26, 2017 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
Salvatia said:

-christain
-cannibals
lol

From what I've seen from the trailers the bad guys are just gonna be a Personality Cult like thing that uses Christianity as some of fake cover, and there is going to be an actual Christian to either play as, or who has a major part of it.

In other words, until we get some actual stuff...this whole is retarded.
May 26, 2017 8:49 PM

Jan 2015
Did he attack Outlast 2 as well?
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

May 26, 2017 8:52 PM

Nov 2009
UAC_DeltaCompany said:
Did he attack Outlast 2 as well?
Yes, err, well the author mentions it as another example.

So basically from what I can gather, Infowars is part of the people dealing in victimhood bucks? Shouldn't be surprised though, their idol is Trump - Arguably the most whiny president the US has ever seen.
May 26, 2017 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
This entire thread is retarded and seeing OP fall for the infowars bait just to start an SJW vs AntiSJW clash is embarassing.
May 26, 2017 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
omfgplzstop said:
Yeah it reminds me of the Jack Thompson era. Alex Jones has also hinted at his disdain for video games, often calling it "trendy" as he rants about how he had sex with 150 women when he was 16.

At least despite the hysteria, they don't try to ban the game or vilify anyone who plays it. Live and let live, even if you think my tastes in anime are shite.

PeenusWeenusCaim said:
This entire thread is retarded and seeing OP fall for the infowars bait just to start an SJW vs AntiSJW clash is embarassing.
Well I hope you're red in the face then. It's up to you where you take this discussion. Don't blame the OP for your negligence to contribute in a meaningful way.
ZekkenshinMay 26, 2017 8:57 PM
May 26, 2017 8:57 PM

Aug 2013
There are countless games where you can kill Nazis , communists and there is a Muslim Massacre game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Massacre_(video_game) so white American redneck Christians is something fresh.
May 26, 2017 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
The real crime here is that there's another far cry coming out.
May 26, 2017 9:13 PM

Jan 2009
hardcore christians and their persecution complex, nothing new
May 26, 2017 9:22 PM

Jan 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
omfgplzstop said:
Yeah it reminds me of the Jack Thompson era. Alex Jones has also hinted at his disdain for video games, often calling it "trendy" as he rants about how he had sex with 150 women when he was 16.

At least despite the hysteria, they don't try to ban the game or vilify anyone who plays it. Live and let live, even if you think my tastes in anime are shite.

PeenusWeenusCaim said:
Well I hope you're red in the face then. It's up to you where you take this discussion. Don't blame the OP for your negligence to contribute in a meaningful way.
There's nothing meaningful to add to a shitty thread made by a desperado who is trying so so hard to spur another dumb SJW vs. Anti-SJW clash with a poorly-researched info wars opinion piece as his only reference.

Americans (in the sense that they represent one of the many stereotypes from red neck christian to rough military dudebro) being the enemy in the main narrative of a game is not a new concept. You killed an American general in Modern Warfare 2 as a British operative. Red Dead Redemption's finale involves you exacting revenge on an American FBI agent. In the Metal Gear Solid games, some of the big bad masterminds are the Americans.

All these clearly anti-American games have existed for years now but none of them have received controversy during their time of release.

Again, there is no recent trend in American enemy games. They've always existed long before SJWs. The fact that you've only taken notice now because of a shitty infowars article shows you're miles up your own ass in this silly anti-sjw vs sjw debate.
PeenusWeenusCaimMay 26, 2017 9:31 PM
May 26, 2017 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
@PeenusWeenusCaim - Timeout. You sound paranoid (and mad) as all hell. I occasionally make threads out of amusement. Aside from the cheap pun in the title, it's really just about gauging the hysteria towards video gaming, which this time just happens to come from an alt-lite figure. I like to keep my threads relatively open, however, and don't try to force a specific direction or topic.

I've seen your type before though. You're the kind of user who posts "K w/e...30charlimit..............." to put yourself on a make believe intellectual pedestal. If you want to derail my thread into a degenerate shit storm, you have only yourself to blame. Or is it "blaim", according to your oh so eloquent username?
May 26, 2017 10:31 PM

Jun 2012
Well I guess if you can't beat the SJWs, join them (in a manner of speaking). This complaint is obviously horseshit, but hell maybe if the nutbars who constantly complain about sexism/racism in fictional media read this they'll see how ridiculous they look to the rest of us. A character being a villain is not sexist/racist/anti-religion. A character being killllable/killed is not sexist/racist/anti-religion. A character not wearing a shirt is not sexist/racist/anti-religion. A character being insulted in the story by another is not sexist/racist/anti-religion unless the insults are explicitly portrayed as correct by the author. Ect...

Anyways the game actually looks pretty hype. Backwoods American cultists are a specific type of unsettling you can't get anywhere else. Funny how you've got CM Punk as the boss man, and a general set up that looks like the Wyatt family turned up to eleven. Looks much better than Primal.
May 26, 2017 10:32 PM

Jul 2013
This is not the reason why I'm not gonna buy this though. I'll wait for the inevitable goty edition, when it's discounted. Also in every entertainment medium, anime, movies, video games, comics or whatever, it's been fairly common that the religious people are the bad guys. I'm used to it.
May 27, 2017 12:28 AM

Jul 2014
The fact that a game which hasn't even come out yet has caused this much of a stir is ridiculous. I mean, both the left AND right are bitching about it for the dumbest of reasons.
LoveLikeBloodMay 27, 2017 12:31 AM
Take care of yourself

May 27, 2017 12:30 AM

Mar 2014

i'm gay jason moore
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 27, 2017 1:27 AM

Jun 2008
I see this is a gaymer thread thingy...

Anyways, Info Wars isn't a good source period.

These people still believe 9/11 was an inside job.
May 27, 2017 3:21 AM

Sep 2012
Picture is wwe parody? C. M. Punk, Daniel brayan, Roman reigns, may be I am paranoid.
May 27, 2017 6:24 AM

Jul 2015
What an obvious bait from the game developers. I hate this anti-white attitude MSM has adopted as much as anyone else with a brain, but in cases like these it's better to just ignore the game and carry on. They want outrage, they're asking for it so hard. They know that the more people are upset by it, the more headlines the game will make and the more copies anti-white people will purchase as protest.
May 27, 2017 7:00 AM

Nov 2013
I saw a bunch of people having an autistic fit over this. It's just more of the toxic victim complex that seems to be infecting everyone these days. Then a day later they show that the good guys are also christian and that one of the cultists in the trailer is black. People were so eager to be angry and stupid.
Seems like Ubisoft purposefully baited for publicity.

I can see you

May 27, 2017 7:47 AM

Oct 2014
Infowars/The Alex Jones Channel is an entertainment youtube channel, similar to Keith Olbermann, i.e. it doesn't qualify to be together with all the other opinion sources like fox, reuters, cnn, etc.

Yes, I said "opinion", not "news". A so-called "news" organisation doesn't exist anymore. Well, maybe C-Span qualifies as news reporting, but that's it.
May 27, 2017 8:20 AM

May 2016
Lol, christian SJWs are a thing now?
May 27, 2017 8:30 AM

Nov 2016
I remember when Resident Evil 5 came out. There was an uproar because you went around Africa as a Big Buff White Guy and killed African tribesman zombies.

Games are supposed to be fun. I wish people would stop trying to push some sort of agenda. America has a rich history of crazy stuff.

Farcry 5 sounds interesting, but I still got play Primal.
May 27, 2017 10:30 AM

Feb 2015
May 27, 2017 10:33 AM

May 2012
May 27, 2017 11:48 AM

Dec 2012
Kotoneko-chan said:
They've been around for a while. Jack Thompson was a lawyer who led the fight against GTA much over a decade ago. It used to be the Christian fundamentalists & Bible Beaters who were trying to regulate all aspects of fun. Just goes to show that thin skinned people need no creed to be.

MasterGlyth said:
I saw a bunch of people having an autistic fit over this. It's just more of the toxic victim complex that seems to be infecting everyone these days. Then a day later they show that the good guys are also christian and that one of the cultists in the trailer is black. People were so eager to be angry and stupid.
Seems like Ubisoft purposefully baited for publicity.
That's splendid then if they did, albeit I wouldn't have noticed any "controversy" had no one mentioned it. It's just wholly cringe worthy when non-gamers try to analyze video games. ESPN is already ruining sports with politics, I just want gaming and anime to be escapes from that toxicity.
May 27, 2017 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
NudeBear said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Lol, christian SJWs are aThat's splendid then if they did, albeit I wouldn't have noticed any "controversy" had no one mentioned it. It's just wholly cringe worthy when non-gamers try to analyze video games. ESPN is already ruining sports with politics, I just want gaming and anime to be escapes from that toxicity.

The fuck did you just time-travel from late 90s to 2017 or something? Gaming journalism has already turned your fears into reality, making social and political commentary on niche or extravagant game titles is the norm now; has been for quite awhile. The best way to deal with this is just to ignore it.
For the most part I have. I should probably reword that - I meant to say that I don't want games to be reflections of politics. I.e. play a mission where you have to go beat up a Christian baker who refused to make a cake for a homosexual couple. Or you play as Based Stickman and smack a bunch of protesters until the cops charge you with battery.
May 27, 2017 12:05 PM
Feb 2016
Neane93 said:

So like GTA: Vice City, except climbing more towers?

May 27, 2017 12:52 PM

Jan 2011

its just a bunch of pixels, who cares?
i just hope these rednecks had a better AI than the typical Ubisoft games

DrGeroCreation said:
There are countless games where you can kill Nazis , communists and there is a Muslim Massacre game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Massacre_(video_game) so white American redneck Christians is something fresh.

we ve been killing American Christians in videogames for a while, just the previous month we had Outlast 2, nothing new about it
May 27, 2017 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Alex Jones & infowars sure are an insane buncha loonies
May 27, 2017 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
spuukiebuugi said:
Never forget
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 27, 2017 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
-Ouro- said:
Neane93 said:

Every enemy would be a methead in their underwear shrieking while charging at you with semen dry ice bombs and baby alligators.
May 27, 2017 1:07 PM

Dec 2012
spuukiebuugi said:
There was a comment on it about how supposedly "woke" (ugh, that word...) people can no longer enjoy anything. Everything is out to get them.
May 27, 2017 4:16 PM

Aug 2009

Infowars is a loony conspiracy website.Alex Jones might as well change the name of that site to Weekly World News, National Enquirer or some other fake bullshit paper.

Different groups of people in various video games have been portrayed as antagonists. Just in the Far Cry series there are Africans,Indians, Pacific Islanders and others are portrayed as antagonists. So this idea that the creators are attacking Christians is ludicrous.
May 27, 2017 5:43 PM

Feb 2010

@Ratohnhaketon where the wahhh the faaa? poll option

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

May 27, 2017 7:13 PM

Nov 2016
Are there still people taking SJWs seriously? Come on, the Far Cry series always fights against a certain group.

Between the SJWs and their complaints, Info Wars and Alex Jones, this just makes me cringe.
"Estamos en la mierda joder" -DJMaRiiO
May 27, 2017 11:19 PM
Feb 2016
Neane93 said:
-Ouro- said:

Every enemy would be a methead in their underwear shrieking while charging at you with semen dry ice bombs and baby alligators.

The real question is, can you ride the alligators?

May 27, 2017 11:43 PM

Sep 2013
If someone made a pro Christian game where they kill evil and do good deeds, people would go batsht insane.

Ratohnhaketon said:
spuukiebuugi said:
There was a comment on it about how supposedly "woke" (ugh, that word...) people can no longer enjoy anything. Everything is out to get them.

It's true thou, this world is so controlled and fake it's disgusting.
May 28, 2017 5:10 AM
Apr 2013
Who cares? Far Cry has been shit since 3.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
May 28, 2017 6:01 AM

Jul 2015
Will wait for mod that will turn christians into muslims and blacks lol (not that I have any intention to buy this anyway).
May 29, 2017 1:57 AM
Jul 2018
Sukebe14 said:
Will wait for mod that will turn christians into muslims and blacks lol (not that I have any intention to buy this anyway).

It would be the perfect Radical Islamic USA Invasion simulator if they did get turned into Mudslimes.
May 29, 2017 2:19 AM

Dec 2015
Kotoneko-chan said:

Christians have been acting as moral police for about 1700 years and counting.
May 29, 2017 8:31 AM

May 2016
Bobby2Hands said:
Kotoneko-chan said:

Christians have been acting as moral police for about 1700 years and counting.

Well, I have always put SJWs and christians at different levels, specially because a lot of SJWs seem to be against christians, so it's kinda weird for me to read things like "christian SJW" lol I personally call that kind of people christiantards or fanatics xD
May 29, 2017 11:06 AM
Feb 2016
I really, really don't get the whole controversy. How is a fictional depiction of a clearly insane fundamentalist cult an attack on all of Christianity?

May 30, 2017 4:34 AM

Mar 2009
The way I see it, the game is neither anti-christian nor anti-white. What I figured from the trailer, for the most part, white people (and very likely christian too, since in these areas people tend to be so) are the victims of this antagonist group.
This guy at the trailer who modded the minigun on his plane? Well, he's obviously one of the good guys, white and rural patriotic American through and through, very likely christian as well, and extremely cool on top of it all. So no, this certain group of people isn't being vilified.

And Far Cry has been fair so far. We fought mutants, African Warlords, Pacific islander pirates, crazed Himalayan dictators, why not take a crack at religious nut jobs too?
If you have to complain every time white people are antagonists, you're not better than those dumb SJW's.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
May 30, 2017 6:20 AM
Feb 2014
Neane93 said:

Florida might as well just be a Fallout setting
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.