Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
May 26, 2017 8:50 AM

Jan 2017
I don't think I've seen such polarizing opinions about an anime before , It's either a 3/10 or a 10/10 for pretty much everyone. I've seen almost nothing in between.
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 26, 2017 8:52 AM

May 2017
Why do you think is an 3/10? I liked the story, but the final was a little bit expected and that's why I gave him 8/10. The final was awful....
Kawaii,Kaori !
May 26, 2017 8:52 AM

Sep 2016
Nah, that title is either for SAO or Evangelion.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

May 26, 2017 8:53 AM

Apr 2016
OP, almost every anime will have polarizing views. Just go and check the stats of any anime. There will always be that one a-hole who has given a score below 4 or 5 to a really good series or movie.
May 26, 2017 8:55 AM

May 2017
You gave it 7/10, almost like me...And most of your anime were rated 5/10. Well, that's weird..It means you don't have good tastes in anime.
Kawaii,Kaori !
May 26, 2017 8:57 AM

May 2017
THERE WILL BE HATERS
@Omkar_Nagwade
Kawaii,Kaori !
May 26, 2017 8:59 AM

Jan 2017
Noesnecesario said:

Well , I haven't met many people who likes SAO , But people have a lot of different opinions about Evangelion tho
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 9:01 AM

Jan 2017
JogaBenito said:
You gave it 7/10, almost like me...And most of your anime were rated 5/10. Well, that's weird..It means you don't have good tastes in anime.

Why does giving 5/10 mean I have bad taste in anime lol.
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 9:01 AM

Apr 2016
JogaBenito said:

Nah man, OP is a critic. He has to find every single fault in something. He can't enjoy anything.
May 26, 2017 9:02 AM

May 2017
Because mainly you watch bad anime instead of going for recomandations..
Kawaii,Kaori !
May 26, 2017 9:03 AM

Jan 2017
Omkar_Nagwade said:
JogaBenito said:

Nah man, OP is a critic. He has to find every single fault in something. He can't enjoy anything.
I'm no critic lol , I don't give 5 as bad. 5 is average.
I'm just a casual watcher.
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 9:04 AM

Sep 2014
I'd say it would be SAO, most people are either a massive fan or absolutely hate it, though I'm somewhere in the middle personally. Either that or the mech genre as a whole.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"

May 2017
@Omkar_Nagwade
He is a hater, if he gives 5/10 to most anime, I just don't understand why he is still watching them...
Kawaii,Kaori !
Jul 2018
3/10 is not really that low of a score to begin with..... I would defo say that EVA is the most polarizing anime there is.

JogaBenito said:
>implying a 5 is supposed to be a bad rating.

JogaBenito said:
@Omkar_Nagwade
He is a hater, if he gives 5/10 to most anime, I just don't understand why he is still watching them...
please tell me you're joking....
May 26, 2017 9:05 AM

Jun 2013
Noesnecesario said:

Pretty much this. Either you worship or shit on it. There is no middle ground. Funny thou OP's avatar is Shinji. Evangelion is like the very definition of it.
May 26, 2017 9:05 AM

Jan 2016
An another one is Your Lie in April imho.

May 26, 2017 9:07 AM

Apr 2016
Darek said:
3/10 is not really that low of a score to begin with..... I would defo say that EVA is the most polarizing anime there is.

JogaBenito said:

JogaBenito said:
@Omkar_Nagwade
Implying that 5 isn't supposed to be a bad rating.

Ah, the "don't like don't watch" argument, a retarded argument for that pleb to use, eh?
May 26, 2017 9:08 AM

May 2017
@Darek
Why would you continue to watch average anime? besides he is a casual watcher.
Kawaii,Kaori !
May 26, 2017 9:12 AM

Jan 2017
JogaBenito said:
@Darek

lol man , 5 is not supposed to be a bad rating. On the site itself it says 5 is mediocre. Mediocre is not bad.
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 9:15 AM

Jan 2017
Johnnyd3rp said:

Hmm.., haven't noticed that. I haven't watched it yet but I thought almost everyone have pretty positive opinions about it.
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 9:15 AM

May 2017
@AnjuRatty
I ve seen that most of your 1/10 rated anime are rated below 3/10 on MAL. Why would you bother watch that kind of anime?
Kawaii,Kaori !
May 26, 2017 9:16 AM

Jul 2013
The most polarizing anime of it season? Probably. The most polarizing anime ever created? Nah. It wasn't even the most polarizing anime of its year.
May 26, 2017 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
How? It's scored over 8 on MAL so it's not very polarized. It just has vocal haters. Same with Mirai Nikki.

SAO is probably more polarized but if you want something really polarized it's School Days. That's truly 50/50 love/hate right there.

Erased isn't even close to being most polarized though, it's received acclaim from most fans, and by a huge margin.
May 26, 2017 9:19 AM

Sep 2016
Well, according to the MAL stats, most people gave it a good score:

People who dislike it are probably just more vocal than the majority of people who do like it. I also remember seeing several reviewers with pretty sizable audiences breaking it down critically, and it not holding up in many areas (though I've never seen it myself).
Overall, it's definitely not the most polarizing. It's just a misconception since the loudness of the critics isn't caused by many voices, only a vocal few of them. It's that way with a lot of anime, especially popular stuff, and makes them seem more hated than they really are~

May 26, 2017 9:19 AM

Mar 2008
I don't think so. Any recent and popular anime will be polarized as much as Erased was, you just need to make an interpretative end.
May 26, 2017 9:20 AM

Jan 2017
JogaBenito said:
@AnjuRatty
I ve seen that most of your 1/10 rated anime are rated below 3/10 on MAL. Why would you bother watch that kind of anime?

Because it's fun to watch Train Wrecks ? And I wouldn't consider 4 anime as most of the anime I've watched.
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
JogaBenito said:
@Darek
average does not mean bad. So what he is a casual watcher?

And even if it meant bad the answer is because why not?

What does it hurt you if someone gives your favorite cartoon a bad rating? Stop being butthurt, people can watch bad anime all they want, there is many reasons to do so.

No drop policy, simple curiosity, wanting to review the anime for example, hating on something and seeing the fanboys cry is fun as well.
CodeBlazeFate said:
Darek said:

Implying that 5 isn't supposed to be a bad rating.

Ah, the "don't like don't watch" argument, a retarded argument for that pleb to use, eh?
well to each their own but the assumption that it or anything below a 7 must be a bad rating is stupid. I have seen people who used a 3/10 rating as an average for their own reasons like for example it being easier and more preferable to distinguish between the anime you liked than the ones you disliked, I for one have 3 positive ratings and only two negative because I feel more comfortable that way.

Yeah I never understood the "do not like it do not watch it" argument myself either. Why do people care about others' watchig habits that much? *sigh*
May 26, 2017 9:22 AM

Jan 2017
martiooo said:
How? It's scored over 8 on MAL so it's not very polarized. It just has vocal haters. Same with Mirai Nikki.

SAO is probably more polarized but if you want something really polarized it's School Days. That's truly 50/50 love/hate right there.

Erased isn't even close to being most polarized though, it's received acclaim from most fans, and by a huge margin.

I have not watched School Days but are there people who like it ? I've heard nothing but negative opinions about it.
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 9:23 AM
Sep 2015
I don't think so, there are so many other series that divided the fans opinions. My brother was lot of time recommending me this anime until I finally saw it a couple o weeks ago. Personally gave it a six, was a correct series, with an intereseting plot, but I did not felt identified with the protagonist, I didn't like his behavior, he was like a child and you maybe will come and tell me that he became into his child version when he back in time, but I remember "17 Again", movie in that movie Chandler become into Zak Effron and he doesn't know how to behave as a teenager, but this man of 29 year old accustom to fast to be a kid again and that gets me out of the story, and the guy it's so idealistic that upsets me, not to mention the deus ex machina
. Anyway Eraser it's never a bad series, only it's not excellent, but it begins to enhace from the chapter 10, the last three episodes are the best, but three chapters are not enough to give it a 7
May 26, 2017 9:23 AM

Feb 2013
according to The Witch Effect's 726 user sample size, the most polarized anime are in this order:
boku no pico trilogy
narutaru
maken-ki season 2
garzey's wing
mars of destruction
midori shoujo tsubaki
shitcom
school days

http://witcheffect.com/mal/ under "Global Stats"
May 26, 2017 9:24 AM

Aug 2008
Only 0.3% people rate it 3/10.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31043/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi/stats

Large majority give it 8-10.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Jun 2012
Its the effect of popularity.

And the most polarized thing is anime itself, no need to specify a title.

Jan 2017
straysocks said:
Well, according to the MAL stats, most people gave it a good score:

People who dislike it are probably just more vocal than the majority of people who do like it. I also remember seeing several reviewers with pretty sizable audiences breaking it down critically, and it not holding up in many areas (though I've never seen it myself).
Overall, it's definitely not the most polarizing. It's just a misconception since the loudness of the critics isn't caused by many voices, only a vocal few of them. It's that way with a lot of anime, especially popular stuff, and makes them seem more hated than they really are~

That's a good explanation xD
Yes I've seen people like Digibro and Bob thrashing it while people like Chris Stuckmann adoring it
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 9:26 AM

Jan 2016
AnjuRatty said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

Hmm.., haven't noticed that. I haven't watched it yet but I thought almost everyone have pretty positive opinions about it.

People who looked past the forced """"tearjerk"""" pretty much hated it like Anohana. Personally i don't hate it, i totally despise it. It's one of the shows where you gave a 8-10 or a 4-2.
At least Anohana was just forced melodrama while i find Shigatsu even offensive.
May 26, 2017 9:28 AM

May 2016
No, I say Erased was just one of those seasonal shows that blew up and so you have people either calling it the best or worst. It has been a year and I haven't seen any heated arguments brought up by it recently because people moved on to the next show. Re:Zero and Yuri on Ice are other shows like it.

The most polarizing anime has to be one where people are still furiously debating it years after. I'm not the most knowledgeable on this subject, but I think Evangelion and SAO are good examples.
TakenMalUsernameMay 26, 2017 9:53 AM
May 26, 2017 9:35 AM

Jan 2017
Johnnyd3rp said:
AnjuRatty said:

People who looked past the forced """"tearjerk"""" pretty much hated it like Anohana. Personally i don't hate it, i totally despise it. It's one of the shows where you gave a 8-10 or a 4-2.
At least Anohana was just forced melodrama while i find Shigatsu even offensive.

I have not watched Anohana either and I wasn't aware that it had much negative criticism.
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 9:36 AM

Feb 2015
Erased started well but than it dropped quality, hard.
Also reminder to not use MAL scores to define the overall opinion on anime quality.
May 26, 2017 9:37 AM

Jan 2017
takenMalUsername said:
No, I say Erased was just one of those seasonal shows that blew up and so you have people either calling it the best or worst. It has been a year and I haven't seen any heated arguments brought up by it recently because people moved on to the next show. Re:Zero and Yuri on Ice are other show like it.

The most polarizing anime has to be one where people are still furiously debating it years after. I'm not the most knowledgeable on this subject, but I think Evangelion and SAO are good examples.

Hmm.., I have seen debates about Re:Zero and Yuri On Ice.
I guess there's an anime like that every season :D
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 9:48 AM

Nov 2016
Not really majority of people (over 60%) rated it either with a 9 or a 10. And not even 1% with a 3 or below.
There are also SOME people who gave it a bad score at the end just because the ending wasn't on pair with the rest. That's really stupid.

thread/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 26, 2017 9:51 AM

Oct 2014
Omkar_Nagwade said:
JogaBenito said:

It's about personality. Some people feel like rating a bit lower and having to actually their anime over before rating them helps add a bit of enjoyment to the experience and also helps them understand anime as a whole better. He probably enjoys anime more than you do.

OT:
http://witcheffect.com/mal/

This site says Boku no Pico is the most polarizing, but that might be because people rate bad anime in very different ways.
May 26, 2017 9:53 AM

Dec 2015
Blah blah blah, numbers numbers NUMBERS! Dat shit aint important
May 26, 2017 9:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
We actually have a polarity command in our Discord bot at the Anime Guild which measures vast discrepancies in scores between the members

Currently the most objectively polarizing anime entry on MAL according to that is the original Mirai Nikki OVA from 2010, followed by a bunch of shorts and then the Oreimo ending specials

For longer TV-series then amongst the most polarizing ones were Akame ga Kill and Tokyo Ghoul Root A. Erased is actually relatively average in comparison

Of course this is only from a small sample size but still some fun numbers
May 26, 2017 9:59 AM

Jan 2017
zombie_pegasus said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

It's about personality. Some people feel like rating a bit lower and having to actually their anime over before rating them helps add a bit of enjoyment to the experience and also helps them understand anime as a whole better. He probably enjoys anime more than you do.

OT:
http://witcheffect.com/mal/

This site says Boku no Pico is the most polarizing, but that might be because people rate bad anime in very different ways.

Thank you

And I'm still trying to figure out how that site works lol
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 10:00 AM

Sep 2015
JogaBenito said:

I rated 130 anime a 5/10. 6 times as many as your entire list and it's my 2nd most common rating and you sent me a friend request a few hours ago. Saying that the average anime is average is the sing of bad taste instead of the sing of clear judgement?

Also, most of his fives that I can confirm are fair or understandable (and what I can't confirm are mostly believable).

And why do you think average is bad? Average is not bad. Average is enjoyable enough to worth a watch.
May 26, 2017 10:03 AM

Jan 2017
HaXXspetten said:
We actually have a polarity command in our Discord bot at the Anime Guild which measures vast discrepancies in scores between the members

Currently the most objectively polarizing anime entry on MAL according to that is the original Mirai Nikki OVA from 2010, followed by a bunch of shorts and then the Oreimo ending specials

For longer TV-series then amongst the most polarizing ones were Akame ga Kill and Tokyo Ghoul Root A. Erased is actually relatively average in comparison

Of course this is only from a small sample size but still some fun numbers

Interesting , OVA's are almost always love it or hate it kind of a deal. Mirai Nikki series itself is receives pretty mixed reviews.
-Madara Uchiha

May 26, 2017 10:04 AM
Aug 2014
There is no way that there is even close to a 1:1 ratio of "good" to "bad" anime.
May 26, 2017 10:06 AM

Mar 2017
In terms of popular discussions, SAO was a one-sided beatdown. So no.

I nominate Mayoiga.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
May 26, 2017 10:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
le_halfhand_easy said:
In terms of popular discussions, SAO was a one-sided beatdown. So no.

I nominate Mayoiga.
That was more polarizing in the sense that some people thought it was "so bad it's good" whereas the rest just thought it was plain shit. Almost no one genuinely thought Mayoiga was good though
May 26, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2013

If you look at the recent scores for School Days it's pretty polarized...
May 26, 2017 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
Actually, look at the boku no pico rating. Some people are trolls though...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1398 by Layreur84 »»
Today, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

581 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2016

616 by bakakisima »»
Apr 10, 1:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.