Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2017 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
I'm glad I powered through the shitty first season, the second season is so much better and I'm hella hyped to see Guts fighting in his berserker armor.
May 27, 2017 1:39 PM

Sep 2016
GangsterCat said:
color coded subtitle make this episode better, I'll never watch berserk from horriblesubs again lol

where do you watch it from?
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 27, 2017 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Haytin said:
the second season is so much better

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz its the same shit ur eye just got used to it

wurst ep so far i think. their voice didn't match to their lips in some scenes and the x1000 zoom on zodd omg .-.

@luizcourret do u seriously believe that they make 1 episode in 1 week?
removed-userMay 27, 2017 2:18 PM
May 27, 2017 3:28 PM
Jul 2011

This fucking one, dude. It's goddamn hilarious. I couldn't believe it when I saw that shit in the episode; I genuinely thought my video file was corrupted. It's just wonderful.
May 27, 2017 3:41 PM

Aug 2015
I don't even know what to say... what the fuck happened. This episodes animation was just absolutely horrible, especially the apostles.

May 27, 2017 4:36 PM

Apr 2013
Can't believe they dropped the balls in what is one of the most defining moments in the series, especially after this season had been quite decent.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 27, 2017 5:41 PM

Dec 2013
The art/animation was really meh in this episode which is disappointing. I hope they step up their game next episode.

This moment was pretty done tho
May 27, 2017 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
just like everyone else, was feeling sad about the animation quality in this episode

not the issue of cgi or not, simply bad animation...
May 27, 2017 11:31 PM

Apr 2013
I wonder if they are saving up the animation budget (time and money-wise) for the next part where we will see more of

If that is so, I can forgive them cutting edges on this episode.

May 27, 2017 11:32 PM

Aug 2013
Jack_100HP said:
Haytin said:
the second season is so much better

wurst ep so far i think. their voice didn't match to their lips in some scenes and the x1000 zoom on zodd omg .-.

I'm so confused what did you actually expect? Half the people on this thread are complaining about the animation but they've seen 21 episodes of the show now so why is it news to anyone that the animation in this series is bad. I got over the shitty animation after the first 5 episodes of watching the show because I'm adaptable (unlike most of the people in this thread), I was talking about the content of season 2 being better.
May 28, 2017 12:54 AM

Oct 2008
Behold! The Berserker Armor Greatness!
5/5!

May 28, 2017 3:45 AM

Jun 2013
@11:00 some intern accidentally keyed puck's animation too early so he's just randomly shaking, funny shit.

Lots of animation errors here.. reminds me of freshmen animation student projects from uni, and bad ones at that.

This show could look so much better with decent lighting and post processing, like the models aren't even bad. It's literally just the (lack of) lighting.
May 28, 2017 10:20 AM

Apr 2009
While still ugly, I thought season 2 made some improvements over season 1. Better pacing, atmosphere, music choices, etc. that allowed me to enjoy it more and appreciate the story. And it's never had great action or animation, but the quality really cratered these last two episodes and they dropped the ball at key moments. Real shame.
May 29, 2017 1:14 PM

Mar 2013
This episode animation in a nutshell...

May 29, 2017 1:21 PM

Apr 2010
julianobouken said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/iAPrIO4.gif[/img

That would actually be an improvement.
May 30, 2017 10:31 AM

Mar 2009
Well, that explains the 10k retweeted gif I keep seeing over and over again on twitter.

Basically what @Tarotist and @Teufel said. I've come to terms with the CG animation in the new Berserk and I honestly don't think it's that terrible, but man...production really fell off here. It's a shame. This is a huge episode with big moments and so much of it fell flat. Disappointing.
MormegilMay 30, 2017 10:36 AM
Jun 1, 2017 5:01 AM

Dec 2016
julianobouken said:

That's the funniest thing ever. Kudos!
Jun 2, 2017 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
Seems to be recap stuff today with witch collections.
Jun 2, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 2015
Stark700 said:

STUPID RECAP IS A WASTE OF MONEY. Why do they even do this?
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 2, 2017 10:00 AM

May 2010
yeh that recap can go fuck right off
Jun 2, 2017 10:13 AM

Feb 2008
Tony_SansNom said:
Stark700 said:

So they can save money, and have enough time, to animate the rest of the episodes. Its a staple on a lot of shows recently.
Jun 2, 2017 10:49 AM

Aug 2015
Kayro said:
Tony_SansNom said:

So they can save money, and have enough time, to animate the rest of the episodes. Its a staple on a lot of shows recently.

But they are not saving money. I think they are doing the opposite. Even if they do not create new content per se, they are still wasting money. Why? Because the manipulation of already existing content also burns money. Animation is not the only thing that has to be done and paid in an anime. Even in a recap, you have to pay people who are thinking "this scene is important, let's put it in, while this scene is irrelevant, oh and let's put this music there". You also have to pay those who do the actual cut and paste of this montage. But in the end, you are not showing anything new, and you are not any closer to the end.

Also, if they wanted to have more time, they could have announced that there would be no episode whatsoever this week with a message like "although what will come next week will be epic in order to compensate". Easy as pie.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 2, 2017 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Damn recap ep

-____-
Jun 3, 2017 10:10 AM

Sep 2009
I enjoyed this since the start of the season but this episode was seriously horrible animation, amateur level, how was this allowed to air.
Jun 4, 2017 6:24 AM

Jul 2009
antonn said:
I'm impressed that the animation actually managed to get worse.

Yes, this part was so so bad...

Poor Schierke, seeing her master die like that...and we finally got Berserker armor!
Jun 4, 2017 1:57 PM
Jan 2012
Haytin said:
Jack_100HP said:

I'm so confused what did you actually expect? Half the people on this thread are complaining about the animation but they've seen 21 episodes of the show now so why is it news to anyone that the animation in this series is bad. I got over the shitty animation after the first 5 episodes of watching the show because I'm adaptable (unlike most of the people in this thread), I was talking about the content of season 2 being better.

Because we like the manga/story it doesn't mean we have to like the animation style
You only get one life, don't waste it.
Jun 4, 2017 1:59 PM
Jan 2012
Tony_SansNom said:
Kayro said:

But they are not saving money. I think they are doing the opposite. Even if they do not create new content per se, they are still wasting money. Why? Because the manipulation of already existing content also burns money. Animation is not the only thing that has to be done and paid in an anime. Even in a recap, you have to pay people who are thinking "this scene is important, let's put it in, while this scene is irrelevant, oh and let's put this music there". You also have to pay those who do the actual cut and paste of this montage. But in the end, you are not showing anything new, and you are not any closer to the end.

Also, if they wanted to have more time, they could have announced that there would be no episode whatsoever this week with a message like "although what will come next week will be epic in order to compensate". Easy as pie.

You're not wrong there, having a recap episode increases the episode count which they have to pay for regardless of reusing old footage, it still takes time to edit and employees to pay.
You only get one life, don't waste it.
Jun 6, 2017 5:20 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap just what the hell is that armor?
Aug 16, 2017 1:42 PM

May 2016
I see a lot of people still complaining about the animation seriously just stop we all now that's not good but what can we do and the one who paid this money to this the series is dying only hardcore fans watch this season, you should be a little grateful.

Anyway next episode gonna rock Gut's finally, got that armor I was waiting for this.
Aug 22, 2017 2:24 PM

Jun 2017
Raizel said:
you should be a little grateful.

Grateful? For what? If they didn't want to be arsed to do a proper adaptation, they didn't have to. The manga is still there for those who want to know what happened after the Golden Age and Eclipse. It's not like it was going to disappear into oblivion if no one adapted it.

There's a scene in an old Jet Li movie where a bad guy deliberately steps on a steamed bun, then shoves it in Jet Li's face and tells him to eat it. Jet Li responds by stuffing it back in the guy's mouth and beating the crap out of him and his lackeys. Every time I see someone defend the new Berserk series like this, I think of this scene because it illustrates the situation so perfectly: Jet Li is the Berserk viewers, the animation studio is the bad guy, and the steamed bun is the new Berserk series. I picture some audience members cheering on Jet Li, while others are saying "I don't see why he's reacting like that, the guy was just trying to feed him! He should be grateful! I would have just eaten it, it's still food!"

(the movie, if anyone wants to know, is Twin Warriors/Tai Chi Master, depending on whether you get the dub or sub)
Aug 22, 2017 3:29 PM

May 2016
LunaLena said:
Raizel said:
you should be a little grateful.

Grateful? For what? If they didn't want to be arsed to do a proper adaptation, they didn't have to. The manga is still there for those who want to know what happened after the Golden Age and Eclipse. It's not like it was going to disappear into oblivion if no one adapted it.

There's a scene in an old Jet Li movie where a bad guy deliberately steps on a steamed bun, then shoves it in Jet Li's face and tells him to eat it. Jet Li responds by stuffing it back in the guy's mouth and beating the crap out of him and his lackeys. Every time I see someone defend the new Berserk series like this, I think of this scene because it illustrates the situation so perfectly: Jet Li is the Berserk viewers, the animation studio is the bad guy, and the steamed bun is the new Berserk series. I picture some audience members cheering on Jet Li, while others are saying "I don't see why he's reacting like that, the guy was just trying to feed him! He should be grateful! I would have just eaten it, it's still food!"

(the movie, if anyone wants to know, is Twin Warriors/Tai Chi Master, depending on whether you get the dub or sub)
Damn this was really hilarious, I won't forget this trust me this was one of the funniest quote I have ever got, although this makes me the bad guys friend, anyway thanks for putting the sause I watched a lot of his movies back in the day but I don't remember that scene maybe I haven't watched.
Aug 23, 2017 8:37 AM

Jun 2017
Raizel said:
Damn this was really hilarious, I won't forget this trust me this was one of the funniest quote I have ever got, although this makes me the bad guys friend, anyway thanks for putting the sause I watched a lot of his movies back in the day but I don't remember that scene maybe I haven't watched.

Heh, glad you liked the analogy. Going a bit off-topic now, but it's a pretty typical 90s Jet Li movie, definitely worth a look especially since it also stars Michelle Yeoh and was directed by Yuen Wo-Ping. If you decide to watch it, I strongly recommend finding Tai Chi Master with English subtitles. The dub in Twin Warriors is godawful, they cut out a few scenes relating to Buddhist and Taoist philosophy, and changed some of the music to extremely cheesy sound effects. On the plus side, Twin Warriors is on YouTube, though, so at least it's easy to find.
Aug 24, 2017 12:51 PM

Apr 2017
Raizel said:
only hardcore fans watch this season, you should be a little grateful

I'd consider myself a hardcore fan and that's why I can't watch it. It's too painful.
Sep 10, 2017 8:13 PM
Dec 2014
Raizel said:
I see a lot of people still complaining about the animation seriously just stop we all now that's not good but what can we do and the one who paid this money to this the series is dying only hardcore fans watch this season, you should be a little grateful.

The studio and the production committee should be thankful that hardcore fan watch the anime despite this terrible animation,without those fans it would be no Berserk manga and no Berserk anime.
Nov 21, 2017 3:36 PM

May 2012
That was very impressive, quite loved that ending! Let's see what's next!
Dec 20, 2017 7:05 AM

Mar 2015
Oh man, Guts emerging with the newfound armour on was so badass!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 18, 2018 8:24 AM

Apr 2014
Dude.

It's time for the most badass guts to date.
Mar 19, 2019 7:22 AM

May 2016
They barely got out alive after that whole troll situation but they can't take a break just yet because of The Band of the Falcon deciding to pull off a dastardly attempt to completely destroy the lair of the Witch of the Spirit Tree and they actually succeeded even when they faced off against both Guts and the Skull Knight.

The Mistress of the Spirit Tree's time has come and her last request was to bestow Guts the legendary Berserker Armor and see if he'll end up taking up the same path as the Fallen King Gaiseric. Loved that last shot!

Dec 22, 2019 5:55 PM
May 2019
Hmm, decent episode, but god the animation in this was just plain. I must say though, that ending was quite epic.
Jun 26, 2021 1:49 PM

Apr 2012
The sequence between Flora and Shierke was quite emotional.

Also lots of twists this episode, seems like the season will finish with a bang.
Oct 3, 2021 7:04 PM

Jan 2021
The berserker armor looks awesome
Nov 8, 2021 8:52 AM

Jun 2020
This was a freaking awesome episode!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
RKASHYAP621Nov 8, 2021 9:54 AM
Apr 26, 2022 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
matias067 said:
Behold! The Berserker Armor Greatness!
5/5!

And the order of the Hawk drop.

Guts going to go mental.
Aug 2, 2022 3:31 PM

Oct 2013
As for episode whose scenes were often used in various memes about Berserk 2016-2017 anime (along with scenes from the first episode of season 1), I must say that as an episode it was not that bad.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

85 by Revanant1999 »»
Jan 25, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2017

65 by KonokoAsada »»
Jan 20, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2017

65 by KonokoAsada »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:08 PM

Poll: » Berserk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 18, 2023 1:02 AM

» 3rd season?

Arddaa52 - Jul 5, 2021

19 by Amirsalar88 »»
Jul 15, 2023 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.