Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 23, 2010 3:23 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ahhh....such a beautiful episode, tears in my eyes...
I'm dreading but restless for the next few episodes..... D:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2010 4:12 PM

Jul 2008
Noooooooooooooooooooooo, I don't want Fujimoto and Kobato to be a couple! You could just see Domoto think "YOU FUCKING BITCH!" when Kobato was talking about Fujimoto.
Feb 23, 2010 4:22 PM

Nov 2007
IS THAT SERIOUSLY WHO I THINK IT IS ON THE EP20 PREVIEW!?

CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP!!!!!!
Feb 23, 2010 4:25 PM

Nov 2009
Well, at least we learned some background information on Fujimoto. Furthermore Koboto isn't collecting candy which i guess can be a good thing depending on who she is obtaining it from.
This show while really slow can indeed pull touching moments out of their hat, although i have to say even if your really happy do you usually break into song? Oh well, Koboto is i'm talking about i guess.
Just asking but can Koboto learn another song? I mean i love it, but still...
Feb 23, 2010 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
Man, I'm really surprised at this show. At first, I thought this was just going to be another cutesy anime, but this is quickly turning into one of the better anime of fall 2009. This episode was really nice; I loved every moment of it. We had a lot of Fujimoto development here, and the last scene was really nice. You can tell that we are approaching the climax.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 23, 2010 5:47 PM

Apr 2009
Nice looking episode, but meh.

Fujimoto is an awkward Santa. He could've at least done more effort to hide his hair.
That part made the kiddies (except that smart one!) look bad.
Other than that, it's a change to see Fujimoto being more personal and real..
But I still think he's a flat character.

I wished that they made more songs for Kobato to sing.
It was nice when it first debuted, but now its getting redundant and overused.
Feb 23, 2010 6:00 PM

Sep 2009
Sherr said:
I wished that they made more songs for Kobato to sing.
It was nice when it first debuted, but now its getting redundant and overused.

I think so too~ It's a nice song, yes, but its been sang four or five times now and it just isn't as pretty as the first time.
>_> I was also aching for a Fujibato moment, even though I like Domoto x Kobato better.
I'm dreading the end of this show.
When I first started watching this, I had thoughts of dropping it after the third episode. I'm glad I stuck to it.

Feb 23, 2010 6:08 PM

Feb 2009
game8910 said:

FAI!!!!! <3333 I did a double take and had to go back and watch it again. XDDD

Can't wait for the next episode now!!! :D
Feb 23, 2010 6:11 PM

Nov 2008
Meh, this episode was a bit on the cheesy side. I'm still waiting to see if Kobato will get all her candy and make a wish for world peace or something. Her sadness is not proportionate to the crying souls all over the world!

In that preview... a mere reference can't save this anime from the depths of Hades. (ok, I'm exaggerating)

However, apparently a certain someone liked this episode:

Maximatum99Feb 23, 2010 6:20 PM
Feb 23, 2010 8:56 PM

Jul 2007
MallyMalMal said:
game8910 said:

Yes, its ... that guy .. from tsubasa whatever.

Actually I was able to recognize him and I didn't even watch Tsubasa

But I have a question for people who watched most of anime's based off CLAMP'S manga .. do I have to like watch them all to understand the plots for each one? Like I know the characters from one anime appear in another (e.g. do I need to know the plot of xxxHOLIC or card captor sakura to be able to understand tsubasa chronicle?)
Feb 23, 2010 9:10 PM
Oct 2007
Fai, Mokona, and I think even Kurogane! Whoa, that's gonna be a crazy crossover.

Anyway, this Fujibato moment is too cheesy for me. It was touching at first but then Kobato started twirling and I was like, "She's gonna sing. She's so gonna sing." Yup, I was right.

Poor Doumoto!!!
Feb 23, 2010 9:19 PM

Aug 2008
neverless said:
MallyMalMal said:
game8910 said:

Yes, its ... that guy .. from tsubasa whatever.

Actually I was able to recognize him and I didn't even watch Tsubasa

But I have a question for people who watched most of anime's based off CLAMP'S manga .. do I have to like watch them all to understand the plots for each one? Like I know the characters from one anime appear in another (e.g. do I need to know the plot of xxxHOLIC or card captor sakura to be able to understand tsubasa chronicle?)

no, not at all. What Clamp does is reuse characters but still keeps the plotline unique for each story. But its still fun to see characters from an anime you watched come back to life in another anime; in this way Clamp's characters never die. oh, but the animes that reuse characters might spoil what happened in their original animes, so its always good to watch from old to new, if you're planning on going into Clamp's works...

munya, need to finish tsubasa chronicles before watching the next episode. i think it spoiled a bit for me when it showed Watanuki with wicked eyes in episode 18, and i haven't even watched the second season
Feb 23, 2010 10:20 PM

Nov 2007
My favorite part of this episode was when Fujimoto said, "I think the snow is really pretty." That was so code for "Kobato, I'm in love with you" n_n

Worst moment: Domoto at Fujimoto's stand staring at the sky. Talk about getting the short end of the stick :( It's too bad he doesn't end up with Kobato, they would be absolutely adorable!
Feb 24, 2010 12:59 AM

Sep 2009
Woah...can't wait to see Fai again.

I enjoyed this episode...but I want something big to happen already.
Feb 24, 2010 5:08 AM

Nov 2008
FaiXDXD KobatoxFujimoto->They don't have any romantic sceene in the anime, but in the manga...
I still can't wait for the next episode*.* FaiX333
Feb 24, 2010 5:32 AM

Aug 2009
Oh, The Fujibato-ness <333

A beautiful episode for the Fujibato. I would like that they would move the plot already.
OMG, IT'S FAI and Mokona next! Can't wait. Oh CLAMP, I love you.
Feb 24, 2010 6:35 AM

Feb 2009
2-D said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo, I don't want Fujimoto and Kobato to be a couple! You could just see Domoto think "YOU FUCKING BITCH!" when Kobato was talking about Fujimoto.

I TOTALLY agree!!!
Feb 24, 2010 6:48 AM

Nov 2007
Cannot wait for next ep. when Tsubasa gang comes in.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 24, 2010 7:11 AM

Oct 2008
beautiful episode, seriously, this anime has gotten way much better. at the start I was totally disappointed but now I'm loving it :D Can't wait for the next ep, I think the other 2 besides Fai might've been syaoran and kurogane,YAY^^
Feb 24, 2010 7:48 AM

Sep 2008
What a pretty episode, with snowflakes fluttering down.

When she clasped her hands together, I knew she would start to sing THAT SONG again. orz
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Feb 24, 2010 9:29 AM

Oct 2007
Wow just how much money did they just throw in this episode?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 24, 2010 9:42 AM
Nov 2008
It finally occurred to me this episode, I'm over any charm that this show has. Just doesn't do it for me anymore. We've pretty much seen the same stuff over and over again. It was enjoyable for a while, but now it's just boring. I feel like I know everything there is to know about all of the characters, and I have every reason to believe that the nursery will be saved. All that's really left for me to keep going is the mystery aspect. What's under Kobato's hat, and what happens when the jar is filled. And honestly, at this point, I'm not expecting much...

...and then the preview reminded me, I like the Clamp crossovers too XD
Feb 24, 2010 9:45 AM
Feb 2010
It really was a beautiful episode. I love Kobato's singing. :)
I felt bad for Doumoto though, he's a really great friend to Kobato.

I can't wait for the next episode~~
I cannot believe Fai is featuring in it either!
^^
Feb 24, 2010 11:48 AM

Dec 2007
DOBATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
Feb 24, 2010 12:42 PM

Jun 2008
did you see that hint with Kobato - like 'not existing'? i mean at the end when Ioryogi said something about 'have to part with Kobato' and scene Fujimoto&Kobato under umbrella - there are only Fujimoto footsteps!

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5669/kobato19large36.jpg
Feb 24, 2010 12:43 PM

Aug 2009
kato3k said:
did you see that hint with Kobato - like 'not existing'? i mean at the end when Ioryogi said something about 'have to part with Kobato' and scene Fujimoto&Kobato under umbrella - there are only Fujimoto footsteps!

Omg o___o I hope it's an animation error... D:
Feb 24, 2010 1:00 PM

Jun 2008
im not so sure about that error (but i hope it is^^). i watch it a few times and its look like they shown it like it has some meaning..? and she has place when 'she needs to go' so i won't be suprised if its heaven or so^^
Feb 24, 2010 1:00 PM
Mar 2008
Jumperboy333 said:
kato3k said:

She was singing there from long. Probably the falling snow covered her footsteps.
Feb 24, 2010 1:36 PM

Aug 2009
kato3k said:
im not so sure about that error (but i hope it is^^). i watch it a few times and its look like they shown it like it has some meaning..? and she has place when 'she needs to go' so i won't be suprised if its heaven or so^^

Maybe she's an angel, like Kohaku. Remember in the first episode. Ioryogi-san said ''Singing is the only thing Kobato's good at. That's what makes her like Kohaku.'' or something.
That's another hint! XD
Feb 24, 2010 2:17 PM

May 2008
I always like watching the falling snow in animes and this was beautiful as well. And finally we got some Fujimoto x Kobato moments which I especially appreciate.
Really touching ep and somehow I feel how the story takes a turn to a more serious way... I have been waiting for that...
Feb 24, 2010 3:26 PM

May 2008
Ahhh....such a beautiful episode, tears in my eyes...
I'm dreading but restless for the next few episodes..... D:
Feb 24, 2010 3:37 PM

Dec 2008
FAI! <3
I'm kinda looking forward to the next episode, if only for the crossover aspect. Is that a good or bad thing, that the crossover is what I'm looking forward to (rather than any progression of the plot)?

Anywho, pretty good episode, if rather cheesy and contrived. They sure know how to pull off a beautiful scene regardless, though. I, too, want to hear Kobato sing a different song - after the Kobato x Kohaku duet, I was hoping it would be the last time we hear that song >.>
Feb 24, 2010 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
Aeterna said:
FAI! <3
I'm kinda looking forward to the next episode, if only for the crossover aspect. Is that a good or bad thing, that the crossover is what I'm looking forward to (rather than any progression of the plot)?

Anywho, pretty good episode, if rather cheesy and contrived. They sure know how to pull off a beautiful scene regardless, though. I, too, want to hear Kobato sing a different song - after the Kobato x Kohaku duet, I was hoping it would be the last time we hear that song >.>

That duet was pure lulz. Kohaku was like ''Ah, what a beautiful song. But I don't know the lyrics, so I'll just ruin it by screaming LALALA while Kobato's singing. :D''
Feb 24, 2010 6:47 PM

Jun 2007
kato3k said:

You mean she wasn't a "spirit" to begin with? I thought they covered that in episode 1 o.O?
Feb 24, 2010 7:13 PM

Dec 2008
I don´t know what to said for the next episode

a fail or a good move, Kobato joins the crew sounds so stupid and retarded, clamp has no more ideas for this anime

I hope they announce a new tsubasa ova in the next episode and not only syaoran meeting kobato and making stupid things with mokona ¬¬
Feb 24, 2010 7:47 PM

Dec 2007
Obvious plot development is obvious.

However that doesn't stop it from being awesome.
Feb 24, 2010 11:01 PM

Oct 2009
Jumperboy333 said:
kato3k said:

Ah! I hope she's not actually a ghost XD That would make such a bittersweet ending. I'm hoping that she's an angel like Kohaku XD I really want to see her and Fujimoto together in the end.
Feb 24, 2010 11:32 PM
Feb 2010
DOMOTO IS A SAINT
Feb 25, 2010 12:58 AM

Dec 2008
WOAH! ...this ep was great! Made me cry! xD
U can totally tell something bigs gunna happen soon! OwO
....OMG FAI! And mokona!
One day, I'll get a cool sig. x3 Untill then...
Heres prussia...taking over your vital regions:

Feb 25, 2010 5:12 AM

Apr 2008
pretty episode =D

omg ... the next episode got the characters from tsubasa xD

Feb 25, 2010 10:01 AM
Feb 2010
kato3k said:

I hadn't noticed that. o:

But I am sure that it is only because Kobato had been stood there a rather long time, before it began snowing. I feel like rewatching the episode now. Thanks for pointing it out, I wonder whether that explains a few things.
Feb 25, 2010 10:53 AM
Jan 2010
I wish it was Tuesday again right now. Tsubasa is awesome :D
Feb 25, 2010 11:19 AM

Aug 2007
Nice episode: So beautiful!! A domoto x Kobato or Fujimoto x Kobato?

5 more episodes and kobato will end O.o
Feb 25, 2010 1:45 PM

May 2008
OMG FAI. Kobato is just one big CLAMP troll show xD

This episode was beautiful. Simply breath taking.

I feel bad for Domoto...he realized Kobato might be starting to like Fujimoto and had to give her up T^T Aww. Fujimoto's probably starting to feel something too.

But anyways.

FAAAAAAAAAIIIIIII.

Feb 25, 2010 8:42 PM

Apr 2009
beautiful episode. i'm sad this is coming close to the end.
Feb 25, 2010 9:54 PM

Jan 2008
wow... this is one of the best episodes i've seen in anime in a while. still will check out the manga after this is done and i loled at the fact that the tsubasa gang will show up XD poor domoto and well, it's cute to see the random romance in there o_O;
Feb 25, 2010 11:38 PM

Nov 2007
Jumperboy333 said:
That duet was pure lulz. Kohaku was like ''Ah, what a beautiful song. But I don't know the lyrics, so I'll just ruin it by screaming LALALA while Kobato's singing. :D''

XD! My thoughts exactly!

I hope it wasn't an animation error. It makes Kobato seems mysterious.

Also, next episode was personally written by Nanase Ohkawa (I think?) Well, CLAMP wrote it anyways.

ALso, Kamiya Hiroshi was using his Araragi voice this episode. <.<;;
underMebiusFeb 25, 2010 11:43 PM

Feb 26, 2010 12:15 AM

Jan 2010
I love this episode. This anime do have touching moments, and it seems like Kobato is starting to have feelings for Fujimoto.

And for some reason, my heart ached when Ioryogi said "I'll part from Kobato". It felt so sad.

And I'm waiting for the next episode! It seems that Syaoran and the others traveled into Kobato's dimension.? XD

Will most likely change this soon. || PNCH || PPFC || Anime Familia || EHC
Feb 26, 2010 9:19 AM

Nov 2009
I don't want Kobato and Fujimoto to by couple... Kobato is maybe 15 and Fujimoto about 23. Think who you're pairing. Sorry but I pair Domoto and Fujimoto to the end of world ^_^

It was cute that Ginsei blushed ^_^ KYAAA!!!

BUT ABOUT NEXT EP: I am going to love it!! Fay and Kurogane and Syaoran!!! And Mokona XD So cool and awesome!!! I'm so happy to see them!!!!!!!! I have missed them specially Fay and Kuro-pun!!! * crys from happpiness*
Feb 26, 2010 4:19 PM

Dec 2007
It was nice to learn background information on Fujimoto. It was beautiful episode so far, and I loved that scene where Kobato sang with snowflakes fluttering down.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

236 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 29, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 2, 2010

115 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 26, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.