Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 25, 2017 5:18 PM
Feb 2016
So,

A while back I made a thread on MAL about a hypothetical anime that centers around a certain time period or historical setting. This is kinda similar to that, but instead focusing on a specific historical figure.

TLDR: Are there any historical figures that you would like to see be made an Anime around?

I think it would be cool to see an Anime made about either Gaius Julius Caesar, Billy the Kid, or Peter the Great.

May 25, 2017 5:29 PM

Dec 2016
Obligatory Hitler

Seriously though, a Nazi anime would be pretty interesting...

What's the difference?
May 25, 2017 5:29 PM
Feb 2016
While I would love Frederick the Great the most, I think Alexander the Great, Belisarius, or Hannibal Barca would be the best choice for a show. While Frederick the Great is a strategic genius, I doubt it would be as fun to watch line battles like Leuthen rather than something like Cannae.
May 25, 2017 5:34 PM

Apr 2016
Well maybe Drifter would fit the bill but the setting is way too much of a mess.

Fate/Stay Night could also be a good choice but they alter the characters quite a bit.

However, if you can take manga i'd highly recommend Kingdom as it is the best thing when it comes to historical to me.
May 25, 2017 5:36 PM

Mar 2017
Kublai Khan.

I can't wait for him to be genderswapped and wearing g-strings, or be a loud-mouth shounen moron MC ala Kingdom. Because it's Japan. With the exception of Junketsu no Maria, when have they ever made a good medieval battle centric anime without magic or g-strings or shounen loudmouths?

Too many Natsus. Too little Shiroes. F*ckit. All of it.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
May 25, 2017 6:53 PM

Jul 2013
Napoleon would be interesting animated since it was said he was very short...

Alexander Hamilton maybe? lol the musical was great but I'm not sure how Japan will treat American figures...

An anime about vikings would be very interesting!
May 25, 2017 10:17 PM

Feb 2015
i would like to see a anime about Emperor Franz Joseph of the house of Habsburg

the man led an interesting life to say the least, came into power amid strife and died amid the great war, and his life was a series of tragedies.
May 25, 2017 10:42 PM

Feb 2015
Hansa said:
While I would love Frederick the Great the most, I think Alexander the Great, Belisarius, or Hannibal Barca would be the best choice for a show. While Frederick the Great is a strategic genius, I doubt it would be as fun to watch line battles like Leuthen rather than something like Cannae.

ya Frederick the great would be cool, i would like to see the Silesian wars.

i would like to see a whole LOGH style anime about the second Punic war, so Hannibal would be amazing to see
May 26, 2017 2:44 AM

Feb 2013
^+1 to that
but only if it also has my cifvu, queen dido
May 26, 2017 3:10 AM

Jan 2016
An anime about Ching Shih would be cool.

- pirates
- strong female lead
May 26, 2017 3:46 AM

May 2012
Gohdhand said:
Obligatory Hitler

Seriously though, a Nazi anime would be pretty interesting...

Well in Fullmetal Alchemist you have:
- A fuehrer
- The blonde hair blue eyes thing
- Race Extermination
- Human Experimentation

I think an attempt at an accurate historical depiction of the Nazi regime and Hitler in anime would be a massive catastrophe. But I wouldn't mind being proven wrong..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2017 4:03 AM
Nov 2013
I'd get a good laugh though seeing Ben Franklin be as perverted as Issei or something, since he apparently loved whores.

None though really, because while I like how drifters injected historical figures, an anime centered around one in their time period is not going to be created by a historian or anyone who really knows there shit, so it will be a clusterfuck. The one's about Japanese history don't bother me because I know jack shit about it (ex. Imagine a WWII anime where Stalin and Hitler are 14 year old girls......lol not good.)
May 26, 2017 4:13 AM
Jan 2016
SkyFullOfStars said:
Napoleon would be interesting animated since it was said he was very short...

Alexander Hamilton maybe? lol the musical was great but I'm not sure how Japan will treat American figures...

An anime about vikings would be very interesting!

Are you even serious? Napoleon wasn't short, he was of average height for his time. It's just that his personal guard was super tall so he looked short in comparison. Height was even an official requirement to be picked.
May 26, 2017 4:13 AM

Jul 2015
Just go watch Drifters already, it's a fun ride. It's got Hitler, Jeanne D'Arc, Anastasia Romanov, Hannibal and of course lots of significant people from Japanese history.
May 26, 2017 3:37 PM

Jun 2016
I would absolutely watch an anime about Genghis Khan. I would really just love more historical anime in general.
May 26, 2017 3:40 PM

Sep 2016
An anime about El cid would be amazing. (Despite it existing already, but it's pretty bad)
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - 40 minutes ago

7 by Otakupervert890 »»
5 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

36 by Vendicator »»
7 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Yesterday

36 by inim »»
10 minutes ago

» What animes/manga where you suprised where made by the same creator?

Lol1268 - 9 hours ago

18 by MichaelJackson »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - 5 hours ago

19 by Vendicator »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.