Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 25, 2017 5:12 PM

Apr 2015
I am a huge fan of the Fate anime series, but I have no plan on ever reading the visual novels. Do you visual novel readers think that ufotable can make a proper adaptation of Heaven's Feel in three movies that are each 2 hours long?
May 27, 2017 3:10 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah, a trilogy seems perfect imho.
May 27, 2017 3:27 AM

Apr 2016
Never ask fate fag if the anime studio can properly adapt fate route, you will start war with that.

To your question i think it's very good decision to make movies instead of TV series. Just western watchers will wait year or more to be able to watch it, that sucks.
May 31, 2017 7:42 AM

Mar 2016
Swagernator said:
To your question i think it's very good decision to make movies instead of TV series. Just western watchers will wait year or more to be able to watch it, that sucks.
we can always have them camrips from china + subs tho if someone still wants to watch it in 2017
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jun 17, 2017 7:25 PM
Apr 2016
3 movies are morre or less 18 chapters, UBW was well adapted with 25 chapters, and i heard heavens feel is a longer route... so im afraid things might need to be cut out. On the other hand, the last time ufotable made a movie series was Kara no Kyoukai, and KnK is ridiculously fcking amazing, so i trust this adaptation.
Jun 24, 2017 9:56 AM

Aug 2016
Three movies two hours long = 6 hours.

UBW was 9 hours (considering the extra long prologue episode).

Heaven's Feel, however, is supposed to be noticeably longer than UBW. Say, 30%. That's 11.7 hours.

Overall, I'm going to wait til I actually finish the visual novel before I watch Heavens Feel.

I just feel (lol) like I'll appreciate the movie trilogy more if I've read the visual novel, considering Heavens Feel will at least be slightly rushed.

Honestly, I have no idea why they aren't just making another TV series out of Heavens Feel.

I'd much prefer it. -_-
Jun 24, 2017 10:43 AM
May 2017
idontknowwhat said:

Heaven's Feel, however, is supposed to be noticeably longer than UBW. Say, 30%. That's 11.7 hours.

Overall, I'm going to wait til I actually finish the visual novel before I watch Heavens Feel.

I just feel (lol) like I'll appreciate the movie trilogy more if I've read the visual novel, considering Heavens Feel will at least be slightly rushed.

Honestly, I have no idea why they aren't just making another TV series out of Heavens Feel.

I'd much prefer it. -_-

Maybe given the tonality of the plot of that plot arc, there are things that with a movie can skip some restrictions that would have imposed, if they had transmitted as an anime series. And a movie format can give them more time to work.
Jun 24, 2017 8:58 PM

Jun 2015
The thing about Heaven's Feel is that the middle portion of it has a lot of filler (so...much...cooking) so there is a good amount they could cut to make it a more smooth experience. If paced well enough, three movies should be fine.

Jul 2, 2017 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
I think a trilogy is perfect for Heaven's Feel as long as it's 2 hours or more in length. They could cut out the cooking scenes lmao.
Jul 3, 2017 12:42 AM

Feb 2014
I think honestly it will fit great in three movies. There's a lot of fluff with some of the home sequences that they can easily cut. They'll keep the main ones like some of the sex scenes, some of Sakura slowly losing it, MAPO TOFU, some Shirou and Illya bonding, and then the rest will probably focused on the thick of the plot.

I'm not too worried about the content of the adaptation, but its execution. I was disappointed with the UBW anime, I think Miura did a bad job directing it and it just had the wrong focus with it trying to make it so action oriented and taking the focus off of Shirou. Fate/Stay Night really isn't like that. It's very psychological, world building, and exploring complicated themes and especially exploring Shirou's path of heroism in each route.

Judging by the trailers, it seems like they're going to be focusing on the disturbing nature of the route and try to build up the conflict which should be great. Honestly approaching Heaven's Feel more like KnK than Fate/Zero is the right way to do it.
Jul 4, 2017 12:11 PM

Nov 2009
LoomyTheBrew said:
They'll keep the main ones like some of the sex scenes

Oh hell ya, finally...some action. Alright folks I'm officially hyped now. Here's a visual representation of my feelings towards the franchise before and after learning this news:

Jul 5, 2017 11:08 AM

Feb 2014
xenovibe said:
LoomyTheBrew said:
They'll keep the main ones like some of the sex scenes

Oh hell ya, finally...some action. Alright folks I'm officially hyped now. Here's a visual representation of my feelings towards the franchise before and after learning this news:

Hey you never know, maybe we'll get Part 3 of Dolphins.....
Jul 7, 2017 5:47 PM

Nov 2009
LoomyTheBrew said:
xenovibe said:

Hey you never know, maybe we'll get Part 3 of Dolphins.....

Love it.
Gotta admit that my expectations for this trilogy are sky high right now. Sure hope that it won't disappoint unlike Unlimited Boner-kill Works...
Sep 7, 2017 7:07 PM
Oct 2016
I hate the Type-Moon fandom despite loving Fate/Stay Night. I look forward to the inevitable whining about whatever is cut from this route.
Sep 13, 2017 7:48 AM

May 2016
idontknowwhat said:

I'd much prefer it. -_-
Visual adaption won't be like text reading. It's not like we're gonna have scenes like Nine Live Blade Work for 30 minute or something, it's gonna end with 3 seconds. 3 s.e.c.o.n.d.s. Mark my word.

Sakura is a proper waifu with skills that got trained by both wormcrest-chan and Shinji, maybe even Zouken. How can a TV series, with plenty of censorships, possibly give justice to her?
Oct 21, 2017 1:01 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
KingOfSherous said:
The thing about Heaven's Feel is that the middle portion of it has a lot of filler (so...much...cooking) so there is a good amount they could cut to make it a more smooth experience. If paced well enough, three movies should be fine.

Exactly, but I still enjoyed all those cooking scenes!
Oct 22, 2017 4:37 AM

Oct 2014
HF: 2h each movie at least= 18 episodes

UBW: 25 episodes - the first three episodes (prologue of Shirou, meeting Kirei in the church, Saber vs Berseker) - the epilogue episode (filler) - the Caster master episode (filler) = 20 episodes
And UBW have more filler that I dont remember.

HF can be adapted in a triology with a good pace (the big problem is if they can adapt it well)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

500 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:43 PM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

32 by ZachyMoof »»
Nov 14, 2023 6:44 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.