Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 25, 2017 3:43 PM

Jul 2016
As you can see in Anime, it represents women very well, it portrays their traits and characteristics in a very realistic way.

Your view on the matter.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 2017 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
The bigger the titties, the more woman it portrays. That's good representation, really, I don't get why people complain.
May 25, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2014
Women haven't been portrayed as "Realistic" in Anime since the 1980s.

May 25, 2017 3:47 PM

Jul 2016
metadata said:
The bigger the titties, the more woman it portrays. That's good representation, really, I don't get why people complain.

My point exactly, far more representation than they get in the West.

Aug 2016
yeeeeeah, i'ma just leave this video here and i'll be on my way

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Jul 2016
Seiya said:

Ya must be mistaken, they are portrayed far more womanly now.
May 25, 2017 3:50 PM

Jun 2014
Onyx-Sentinel said:
Seiya said:

They're certainly not.

Most Anime girls now either look like children, or have ridiculously oversized breasts that bounce everywhere.

May 25, 2017 3:51 PM

Jun 2015
I have noticed that here in the West we don't see a whole lot of female representation. It is my belief, in fact, that women in the West are unjustly censored and that this is hurting society as a whole.

Trump, it's up to you.
May 25, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2014
Exactly. Women need to get over themselves and realise this is what you should look like.
May 25, 2017 3:53 PM

Jul 2016
Seiya said:
Onyx-Sentinel said:

or have ridiculously oversized breasts that bounce everywhere.

Exactly, they're more womanly, now.
May 25, 2017 3:53 PM

Oct 2014
Fanservice is especially good for women when it's made for them.

Also, putting male targeted fanservice in shoujo anime would be as bad as Barbie. Don't teach little girls they have to be sluts to get boyfriends.
May 25, 2017 3:54 PM

Jun 2014
Onyx-Sentinel said:
Seiya said:

or have ridiculously oversized breasts that bounce everywhere.

That's not womanly, that's ridiculous.

You're only a kid, so perhaps when you get older, you'll figure it out on your own.

May 25, 2017 3:54 PM

Jan 2008
Seiya said:
Onyx-Sentinel said:

You're only a kid, so perhaps when you get older, you'll figure it out on your own.

https://youtu.be/oC2HqRS1qjo?t=10m7s
May 25, 2017 3:56 PM

Jun 2014
Paul said:
Seiya said:

https://youtu.be/oC2HqRS1qjo?t=10m7s

Holy crap man, that's just disturbing.

May 25, 2017 3:59 PM

Jul 2016
zombie_pegasus said:

Nah, you've completely missed da point bro.

Fanservice is good for women, when its made for guys.

RuneRemMay 25, 2017 4:04 PM
May 25, 2017 4:02 PM

Jul 2016
Seiya said:
Onyx-Sentinel said:

That's 100% womanly, bro.
Ridiculous, would be flat chests, bro.

Dude, ya misunderstood. I'm 19.
May 25, 2017 4:06 PM

Jun 2014
Onyx-Sentinel said:
Seiya said:

Oversized and flat are both ridiculous.

Also, 19 is a kid. I'm 29, and you're a kid to me.

May 25, 2017 4:07 PM

Jul 2016
Seiya said:
Onyx-Sentinel said:

Nah, oversized is natural.

No difference bro.
May 25, 2017 4:10 PM

Aug 2015
zombie_pegasus said:

Also, putting male targeted fanservice in shoujo anime would be as bad as Barbie. Don't teach little girls they have to be sluts to get boyfriends.
*applauds on the great comment*
This is very true

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
May 25, 2017 4:12 PM
May 2017
Anime is fantasy for me, even when it try to portray real life, it's still a desired version of it.
I myself never felt offended by how women are portrayed in anime, not even when they are very sexualized, in fact, it just makes me try to be the best of me, it makes me want to be better ^_^
May 25, 2017 4:12 PM

Jun 2014
Onyx-Sentinel said:
Seiya said:

No difference bro.

How exactly is oversized "Natural?"

You need to watch some old school Anime, and see how much better Anime girls looked in the past.

Take an awesome OVA like "Bubblegum Crisis" and give it a try. It's awesome, and the girls in it are hotter than any modern Anime girls.

May 25, 2017 4:20 PM

Jul 2016
AdoSama said:
zombie_pegasus said:

This is very true

But its bad for them, when its not made for them?
May 25, 2017 4:25 PM

Jul 2016
TeaAndWind said:
Anime is fantasy for me, even when it try to portray real life, it's still a desired version of it.
I myself never felt offended by how women are portrayed in anime, not even when they are very sexualized, in fact, it just makes me try to be the best of me, it makes me want to be better ^_^

Interesting perspective on the matter. I have similar views, when animes shows guys who are better than me, I try to better myself as well.
May 25, 2017 4:28 PM

Jul 2016
Seiya said:
Onyx-Sentinel said:

No difference bro.

You need to watch some old school Anime, and see how much better Anime girls looked in the past.

Take an awesome OVA like "Bubblegum Crisis" and give it a try. It's awesome, and the girls in it are hotter than any modern Anime girls.

Oversized is as natural as normal size. Just better. I checked out da OVA, just from the cover art, I can see what makes them hotter, it's their outfits, which doesn't count.
May 25, 2017 4:29 PM

Jun 2014
Onyx-Sentinel said:
Seiya said:

Oversized is as natural as normal size. Just better. I checked out da OVA, just from the cover art, I can see what makes them hotter, it's their outfits, which doesn't count.

You're from a different generation than me, so I guess you won't understand.

May 25, 2017 4:34 PM
May 2017
Onyx-Sentinel said:
TeaAndWind said:

Interesting perspective on the matter. I have similar views, when animes shows guys who are better than me, I try to better myself as well.

Right ? just from way back then when I started watching anime, sometimes I would try to look a certain way just because of certain characters.
Now that I'm older, I always try to keep healthy to look at least ok when I feel like shining a bit ^_^

And it's not just about the looks, my personality too, and how I react are also very influenced by Anime characters I guess, be it a good or bad thing.

May 25, 2017 4:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
not sure if shitpost, but i know plenty of girls who like male oriented fanservice.. especially with how popular Keijo was among women

anyway, all that matters is what my penis tells me

@_Ako_

amirite?

oh and thats good.. i don't want them to be realistic.. the best part is that theyre not.. idealization ftw

physics defying tits are some of the best fap material

May 25, 2017 4:42 PM

Oct 2014
Onyx-Sentinel said:
AdoSama said:
This is very true

Women already have the mentality to be as attractive as possible so setting the standards impossibly high just makes things worse. It's like telling a gambler "if you can't earn at least $100,000 from gambling then you're a failure". It's not helpful.

Most guys aren't even attracted to large breasts yet most women want to have large breasts because they're told that men like them. Do you see how this is a problem?
May 25, 2017 4:53 PM

Jul 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
Onyx-Sentinel said:

Women already have the mentality to be as attractive as possible so setting the standards impossibly high just makes things worse. It's like telling a gambler "if you can't earn at least $100,000 from gambling then you're a failure". It's not helpful.

Most guys aren't even attracted to large breasts yet most women want to have large breasts because they're told that men like them. Do you see how this is a problem?

Seems there has been a misunderstanding. I'm not meaning for this standard to be applied in real life. I would say most guys are attracted to women with large breasts, but are more than content with women without large breasts.
May 25, 2017 5:01 PM

Jan 2016
zombie_pegasus said:

You're totally assuming that the shoujo demographic is comprised of prepubescent girls.
May 25, 2017 5:02 PM

Nov 2008
Male orientated fanservice is good for women and can be made by any gender but then you have ultra rapey yaoi which is not good for women and is made by women and a lot more of it exists. In short more women are making unhealthy fanservice for women than men make for men.

May 25, 2017 5:09 PM

Oct 2014
shnmy said:
zombie_pegasus said:

You're totally assuming that the shoujo demographic is comprised of prepubescent girls.
Shoujo is 8-18. They're not all little kids, but they're still at an impressionable age.

Onyx-Sentinel said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Seems there has been a misunderstanding. I'm not meaning for this standard to be applied in real life. I would say most guys are attracted to women with large breasts, but are more than content with women without large breasts.

I would guess that the average man likes women with average breasts. Most polls and randomly asking people back up this statement. There's also a stereotype that women like tall guys, but if you ask 100 women how tall they like their men they're not going to all like tall men. There are also a lot of men who don't care what a woman's cup size is since they put far more value in her butt.
zombie_pegasusMay 25, 2017 5:12 PM
May 25, 2017 5:10 PM

Oct 2016
Yes it is good for women because many of them just have fun watching it.
May 25, 2017 5:15 PM

Mar 2017
Since we're all just sh!tposting...

Flat is justice. B is Best. F*ck you, fight me.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
May 25, 2017 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
I think it's a good representation of female style, humor, and eccentricity. Of course, the breasts are exaggerated, but it's humor. And moreover, it's media, almost all media is exaggerated. Western media has made far worst exaggerations that almost remove female attributes from media:

-hardly casting them as heroines
-making them talk in a ridiculous low voice the entire time(goes for men as well, but this removes female charm especially)
-constantly arrogant or disinterested attitudes(and the arrogance doesn't even add to the story)

Anime has a pretty good representation of females comparatively. It's no wonder so many females identify with anime's females to a large degree, but rarely even talk about western cinema females. They hardly exist there. It's even more apparent when you realize anime is niche. That's a good job.
May 25, 2017 5:47 PM

Jul 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
shnmy said:

Shoujo is 8-18. They're not all little kids, but they're still at an impressionable age.

Onyx-Sentinel said:

I would guess that the average man likes women with average breasts. Most polls and randomly asking people back up this statement. There's also a stereotype that women like tall guys, but if you ask 100 women how tall they like their men they're not going to all like tall men. There are also a lot of men who don't care what a woman's cup size is since they put far more value in her butt.

I'd say guys prefer women, with prominent womanly traits over normal women (In real life and anime).
Do a poll on it, if ya don't believe me.
Although we're mainly talking about women in fiction, where they can be drawn as busty as the Creator wants.
May 25, 2017 6:04 PM

Oct 2014
Onyx-Sentinel said:
zombie_pegasus said:

I'd say guys prefer women, with prominent womanly traits over normal women (In real life and anime).
Although we're mainly talking about women in fiction, which the norm doesn't have to be the norm.
Tomboys are a common fetish and so are flat chests. Some people like women that look very feminine, but not everyone does. As long as you can still tell they're girls then it doesn't really matter. There are plenty of tomboys who are more attractive than more feminine girls.
May 26, 2017 2:41 AM

Feb 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
Onyx-Sentinel said:

Although we're mainly talking about women in fiction, which the norm doesn't have to be the norm.
Tomboys are a common fetish and so are flat chests. Some people like women that look very feminine, but not everyone does. As long as you can still tell they're girls then it doesn't really matter. There are plenty of tomboys who are more attractive than more feminine girls.
tfw no tomboy christmas cake monster girl anime
May 26, 2017 2:43 AM

Jan 2016
That's some next level shitposting.
May 26, 2017 2:44 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah sure, ehmm.. especially in hentai. I couldn't agree more.
May 26, 2017 2:48 AM

Jan 2013
Fanservice is good for us only when we can see our unrealistic boys. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
if we're not gay of course

Anime women are way too far from that realistic look so I guess this post is just a

or you're not the smartest human alive but I don't wanna be mean so shhh

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 26, 2017 2:55 AM
Apr 2013
TeaAndWind said:

Phew, you nearly blinded me there with your optimism. And I meant that as a compliment.
May 26, 2017 3:08 AM

Jul 2015
le_halfhand_easy said:

The real mvp of this thread feelsgoodman

May 26, 2017 3:34 AM

Sep 2015
Seiya said:

The generic art style have changed, but is it really less realistic or just unrealistic in a different way?
Is this applies to everything or just some you chose?
May 26, 2017 3:53 AM

May 2012
Fanservice is good for women (?), bad for plot/story development.Though I do have to appreciate those shows that know where it's worth lies and completely and unashamadely toss any semblance of a cohesive story out the window (Highschool DxD, MonMusu etc.)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2017 3:53 AM
Jul 2018
Heldengeist said:
Seiya said:

The generic art style have changed, but is it really less realistic or just unrealistic in a different way?
Is this applies to everything or just some you chose?
he is just a hipster or perhaps it is just a some sort of weird persona he decided to roleplay as, he say everything retro was better (well not literally) that does not apply to anime only but to music, video games and so on as well, take my advice and for the most part just ignore him.

le_halfhand_easy said:

indeed, flat is justice.
May 26, 2017 3:55 AM

Feb 2015
It does about as well as bishounen represent men.
May 26, 2017 3:57 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
le_halfhand_easy said:

B as in B cup?

Too big, must go full cutting board tbh

True flat purity is key to achieving the ideal - a class-based society where the proud flat master race stands above all, as it rightfully should.

Soon, this will not be just a dream or an opinion, but actual doctrine:

SMALL OVER ALL

NO BREASTS BEST CHESTS

The world belongs to flat chests by right, and it is our solemn duty to ensure that this divine will is carried out.

May 26, 2017 4:31 AM

Oct 2015
@rvbrick gunbuster is what started the jiggle

OT: women can't be portrayed realistically in anime, because the kitchen would be a pretty boring place to set an anime
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
May 26, 2017 4:37 AM

Oct 2015
rvbrick said:
Sjo said:
@rvbrick gunbuster is what started the jiggle

The Jiggle was created in the interest of realism. (and was actually first used in the Daicon IV opening animation) It can be interpreted as fanservice, but it's realistic. Breasts bounce. Not to the disgusting degree often seen in modern anime (mostly ecchi and even some other Gainax stuff) but it's a thing that happens.

The bath scene, as pointless as it is does realistically portray the female figure to a reasonable extent, something the majority of modern anime don't like to do.

was it in daicon 4 too? i can't remember.
as for gunbuster, i wouldn't say anything was pointless in gunbuster. but that's just me.
as for portrayals, well, to each their own. i think there's a little bit of something for everybody
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

24 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
4 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - Today

20 by Oofmastre9000 »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

20 by AverageRiceFan »»
21 minutes ago

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 2 hours ago

3 by AverageRiceFan »»
25 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.