Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 23, 2010 12:48 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite the emotional one with Ryuu x Chizuru but also with Chizuru and her friends Sawako/Ayane. Liked how Ryuu grabbed Chizuru's arm=>
but Chizuru clearly blew up in this episode. Not only that but the most emotional was probably this part=>
apart from that I liked Kazehaya's wise word around this part=>
Other than that I clearly would have liked Ryuu to confess but clearly he is getting more hurt with Chizuru's words. Also my dear cried too much in this episode....she has clearly developed too much her emotions and this might a consequence of it. Why do I have the impression the art is a little bad in this one....I don't mind it but wondering what others think about that.
francismeunierFeb 23, 2010 10:25 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 23, 2010 1:44 PM

Aug 2009
The voice part for Chizuru did a great job a crying! It didn't sound fake to me. Made me really feel for her :)

Just as Yano-chin said though, I really can't tell Chizuru's true emotions. She was pissed off at him, but gave him his birthday present. huh O.o? Poor Ryu, it's just getting harder and harder for him to tell that he likes her :s
[right]

Feb 23, 2010 5:59 PM

Oct 2009
I laughed at Sawako holding it in to the point of looking scary, and Ayane and Sawako's reaction when Chizu threw a temper tantrum. Haha. Kazehaya is right, as long as they're there for Chizu, even if there are no words, everything will be fine. And Ryuu. And bread. Lots of it. xD

I think I.G. stepped up the animation this time around (after a particularly disastrous episode 19, art-wise). I wish they didn't have to drag this on, though. I love Ryuu/Chizu (and will be impatiently waiting for my most favorite scene ever in the next ep), but I think I.G. could've easily just gotten rid of the flashbacks and quicken the pacing a bit.

porkypink said:
She was pissed off at him, but gave him his birthday present. huh O.o?

Well, she threw the present to his face. XD Man, Ryuu's insensitive remark (and that was before she even got the chance to give him his present...lol, really, Ryuu....)
Feb 23, 2010 7:43 PM

Apr 2009
I hate how they're constantly teasing the idea of pursuing romantic relationships, but such is a shoujo anime... At this rate, I really hope that there's a 2nd season, after all, there's been some good conflict going on in the manga.
Feb 23, 2010 9:29 PM

Feb 2008
meh...the only thing i like about this show is the various faces the characters make. right now i am just committed and gotta see it through.
Feb 23, 2010 9:35 PM

Oct 2009
ferrywoman said:
porkypink said:
She was pissed off at him, but gave him his birthday present. huh O.o?

Well, she threw the present to his face. XD Man, Ryuu's insensitive remark (and that was before she even got the chance to give him his present...lol, really, Ryuu....)
That's the thing I don't get about Ryuu is why is he so calm when he is supposed to be expressive towards Chizuru....she obviously needs a slap in the face (not a real one just form of expressing) of Ryuu really loving her and declaring it.

Feb 23, 2010 10:05 PM

Nov 2008
It sure seems that there will be a second season. Good episode, but one thing that just itches a bit is the "humor" from the exaggeration of reactions.

It crapped it up a bit.
Feb 23, 2010 10:28 PM

Jan 2009
eh it was alright, i want something to happen between kazaheya and sawako :S
Feb 23, 2010 10:58 PM

Aug 2008
I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Chizuru is so adorable! And Sawako and Yano! I love them so much! To me, this show ranks in the all-time greats in adorableness, right behind Nodame Cantabile and Lucky Star.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Feb 23, 2010 11:38 PM

Jun 2008
Ryuu is really insensitive
Perhaps it was a good thing he made Chizu cry, so she can get over it, but still..
Feb 24, 2010 12:03 AM

Dec 2008
I agree with you about Sawako going a bit overboard with the crying in this episode. ^_^;; I thought it was a bit much in the last episode too, but it is good character development.

I'm also still waiting for Ryuu to confess... I waited this whole episode to see if he would,and the series is ending soon since there's only 24 episodes, I believe. DX
Feb 24, 2010 12:54 AM

Oct 2007
I like Chizu and Ryuu a lot, but...
If the Chizu arc hasn't end... then when will there be time for Sawako and Kazehaya? D:
Feb 24, 2010 1:00 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Very well done! I'm glad they're going to leave the rest of this arc for another episode. Makes the chance of a second season much higher!
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Feb 24, 2010 1:11 AM

Oct 2009
Lovely episode, the Chizuru and Ryuu happenings worked really well, and it was showen perfectly how close and comfortable Sawako is with them now.

Gahh, can't believe it's a WHOLE WEEK 'till the next episode.
Feb 24, 2010 1:29 AM

Sep 2009
Great episode. It's kinda cool noticing how much more social Sawako has become since before.
Feb 24, 2010 1:32 AM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
That's the thing I don't get about Ryuu is why is he so calm when he is supposed to be expressive towards Chizuru....she obviously needs a slap in the face (not a real one just form of expressing) of Ryuu really loving her and declaring it.

Errr...I think you understand more of Ryuu's personality and the overall situation. He's calm because that's how he is. He's quiet and is probably just as perceptive as Yano. Also, he's obviously not the kind of guy to just up and say something like that when Chizu's going through a rough time ("Are you worried about me? Is that why you didn't tell me Tooru's coming home?"), especially since the situation involves another person who happens to be his brother. IMO, he bids for his time, probably waiting for when Chizu's already over Tooru. The "slap in the face" Chizu needs is exactly what she's gotten from Ryuu this time: "Yeah, glad that's over and done with, I can finally relax, you didn't stand a chance anyway, poor you." Adding, "Good for me, because I'm in love with you," is just too inconsiderate and insensitive, even for Ryuu.
Addendum: And when one thinks about it, it's no good anyway. The most it'd do is either piss Chizu off or scare her away, both of which Ryuu wouldn't want. (Well, at least, the latter.)
Feb 24, 2010 3:06 AM

Sep 2008
Maximatum99 said:
It sure seems that there will be a second season. Good episode, but one thing that just itches a bit is the "humor" from the exaggeration of reactions.

It crapped it up a bit.
Good shoujo anime have a great track record of kicking the bucket after 1 season don't they?. I'm still waiting for NANA... and Skip Beat... and I bet people want FruBa and Ouran...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2010 3:17 AM

Jul 2008
Damn, I've been waiting for Ryuu to confess for a good while now. I've just felt like the classic situation to spring that information has surfaced many time already. Maybe I'll be treated with what I want next episode.
Feb 24, 2010 4:04 AM
Apr 2009
Ryuu rocking the Red Hot Chili Peppers hat.
Feb 24, 2010 4:12 AM

Jun 2009
Just 4 more episodes :'(.
I hope they're gonna make a 2nd season!
Feb 24, 2010 4:13 AM

Apr 2009
Pretty good episode. Kaze always has some sort of Jedi master advice.

I'm so glad that this wasn't an overly sad/serious episode.
It feels like a conclusion will happen next week. Ryuu, do something!
I loved the Chizu pouting scene. It's a such a reliever from the last ep.

I thought Ryuu was the jerk at first, but he's just being bluntly honest.
It's just that he's pretty horrible at showing affection.
mell4444Feb 24, 2010 4:20 AM
Feb 24, 2010 4:18 AM

Oct 2009
ferrywoman said:
francismeunier said:

Errr...I think you understand more of Ryuu's personality and the overall situation. He's calm because that's how he is. He's quiet and is probably just as perceptive as Yano. Also, he's obviously not the kind of guy to just up and say something like that when Chizu's going through a rough time ("Are you worried about me? Is that why you didn't tell me Tooru's coming home?"), especially since the situation involves another person who happens to be his brother. IMO, he bids for his time, probably waiting for when Chizu's already over Tooru. The "slap in the face" Chizu needs is exactly what she's gotten from Ryuu this time: "Yeah, glad that's over and done with, I can finally relax, you didn't stand a chance anyway, poor you." Adding, "Good for me, because I'm in love with you," is just too inconsiderate and insensitive, even for Ryuu.
Addendum: And when one thinks about it, it's no good anyway. The most it'd do is either piss Chizu off or scare her away, both of which Ryuu wouldn't want. (Well, at least, the latter.)
Yeah I agree with you but Ryuu must find a way to declare he loves her and so far it obvious Chizuru's words hurt him a lot but he did like the gift just does not show it off like someone who is very expressive.....but I can see he really likes it. Ryuu is hard for me to figure other than what you mentioned about him.....that I understand about him no problem.....just don't take it into account.

Feb 24, 2010 4:56 AM

Nov 2009
I really love Ryuu and Chizu, but it took more than I thought I cannot imangen how the anime will end

Spiritsoul said:

I really hope that too...
Feb 24, 2010 5:12 AM
Nov 2008
Ah damn it,such a sad episode.I feel so sorry for Ryuu, even though he said those words that seemed mean to chizu , he actually meant that he was relieved not because he pitied her,but because he loved her and wanted her to stop suffering,and instead ,chizu cried and complained about ryuu's mean remark....That probably hurt ryuu even more,that he made the girl he likes cry....>_<...4 episodes left..DAMN IT...definitely need season 2 since the manga is ongoing.
Feb 24, 2010 5:37 AM

Jul 2009
<3 Ryuu x Chizu!

Ryuu is definitely one of my favorite characters so far...even though he doesn't appear to be very expressive. I can totally sense the sort of sad longing and patience with which he looks at Chizu. Kills me everytime. =(
Feb 24, 2010 5:55 AM

May 2008
Very well done! I'm glad they're going to leave the rest of this arc for another episode. Makes the chance of a second season much higher!
Feb 24, 2010 6:29 AM

Aug 2009
A really good Chizu and Ryuu episode. Kazehaya's advice is <33
Feb 24, 2010 7:06 AM

Jun 2008
Ryuu: " If this is how it is, I can finally relax. Because then you can give up on my brother."

aaah I hoped that he would confess in this scene >.<
Also liked the scene when Ryuu grapped Chizu-chan :D

Chizu's voice actress is really good. How she cryed sounded so real.

Spiritsoul said:

I really hope that too.
Feb 24, 2010 9:42 AM

Oct 2009
I don't know why but in this episode I can safely say now that understand it with the emotional impact.....made me tear up T_T than before when it did not. Some episodes it got to me rather quickly but this one with the understanding it was necessary...so when Chizuru burst out.....I started to T_T and yes it was almost as real as some movies try to get when it came to Chizuru's crying. Her emotions finally reached me fair and square is what I can say. Also, I would be very happy too like Chizuru here=> if it came to Sawako in this matter.

Feb 24, 2010 9:54 AM

Aug 2008
Ryuu is so blunt but calm, lol.

Anyways, this is starting to turn into another shoujo anime for me. I'm not liking it as much as I liked the first few episodes :<

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 24, 2010 9:56 AM
Nov 2008
Ah, a return to the classic KnT misunderstanding! Been a while, good to see it back. I like how Ryuu was (seemingly) happy at the end. This should work out well. Can't wait till next week!
Feb 24, 2010 10:48 AM
Dec 2007
Emotions-filled episode, and a great one at that.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 24, 2010 10:52 AM

Oct 2007
I like how they handle the situation in this episode in KnT way of doing thing. LOL @ Ryuu, instead of taking the chance to confront her and confessing his love. He went ahead and made her angry so that she could take it out on him and lost the chance he shouldn't lost. You are way too good Ryuu. You are happy enough just by seeing her smiling? You had my approved.

P.S. it seems like due to the cost of the sparkle and bubble version3 in this episode making this episode has the most bad art in the series so far.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 24, 2010 11:04 AM
Apr 2009
Another great episode =]

Spiritsoul said:

The manga has a lot of stuff for another season still. They can't end the series without the main couple ever confessing!
Feb 24, 2010 11:09 AM

Oct 2009
xxMoonlightxx said:
eh it was alright, i want something to happen between kazaheya and sawako :S

My thoughts exactly. As much as I love Chizu, I love Sawako 10 times more.
TWITTER: @tales_of_nerdia
INSTAGRAM: tales_of_nerdia
PSN: ChrisRocSolid
YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrHxoI94pnv6t8-ndG5VjBA
Dec 2009
Honestly, it was one of my favourite episodes. I even prefer ChizuruxRyuu to SawakoxKazehaya. And Ryuu's my favourite character so far (not to mention how great voice Yuichi Nakamura has, perfect for Ryu).

I just can't wait for next episode... ;(

Second season, probably.

Oct 2009
Siva said:
P.S. it seems like due to the cost of the sparkle and bubble version3 in this episode making this episode has the most bad art in the series so far.
You too Siva though the art was worse?

Feb 24, 2010 11:15 AM

Dec 2007
Ryuu is such an awesome character.
Feb 24, 2010 11:23 AM

Jan 2010
C'mon Ryuu, just confess already! It'd be great to see the reaction from Chizu as she hasn't got a clue about it. Hope it happens in the next episode...
Feb 24, 2010 11:24 AM

Jul 2009
Wow is it me or is the animation getting worse? Great episode I give it that 5/5
Feb 24, 2010 12:18 PM

Nov 2007
LMFAO @ EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ART. i think this is just because of the fact that we've been seeing a lot of chizu lately... /chinstroke. I DO AGREE ABOUT THE ~SHOUJO BUBBLES~ THOUGH, they were a little over the top.

ANYWAY. i feel so bad for ryuu even though he acted like an idiot in this episode. it feels like he never got the chance to say the things that he wanted to say to chizu. :[ /cheers him on

ps, oooh, got the 3rd page. AWW YEAH. 8)
Feb 24, 2010 12:20 PM

Aug 2009
Sawakos expressions were just hilarious. I'm not sure if I was supposed to but I totally cracked at the part where both Sawako and Yoshida were crying :D A great episode once again.
Feb 24, 2010 12:33 PM

Sep 2007
Same like Bocca ...
When Chizuku began to cry ... I have been in tears.
Feb 24, 2010 12:35 PM

Oct 2007
jog said:
LMFAO @ EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ART. i think this is just because of the fact that we've been seeing a lot of chizu lately... /chinstroke. I DO AGREE ABOUT THE ~SHOUJO BUBBLES~ THOUGH, they were a little over the top.

TBH, I don't want to destroy your and the other people dream who were watching this episode but anyway. Here you go:

Who is that orange hair girl?

Errrr... Peter Griffin from Family Guy?

And there is still a lot them with Sawako too but some of them are pretty funny to see.
SivaFeb 24, 2010 12:42 PM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 24, 2010 1:48 PM

May 2008
Everybody says that how Ryu is unconsiderte and he's at fault, but nobody notices who was almost the most hurt in this conflict. Yeah, he should have confessed already, but knowing how Chizu was in love with his brother...
I liked the episode very much, and I can't wait for some development for Kazehaya and Sawako...
Feb 24, 2010 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
Hmmm. I love this show, indeed, however, this arc with Chizu and Ryuu's brother is just...bleh. To me, it just seems annoying that she would even think their relationship would work. I just wanna jump in the screen, tell her to get over it and go for Ryuu. That pairing is a lot more favorable for me. :P
But a good episode nonetheless, just not high on my enjoyment factor.

HawthorneKitty said:
Maximatum99 said:

It crapped it up a bit.
Good shoujo anime have a great track record of kicking the bucket after 1 season don't they?. I'm still waiting for NANA... and Skip Beat... and I bet people want FruBa and Ouran...

That's for sure...unfortunately....
Feb 24, 2010 6:25 PM

Dec 2009
seems like another chizu x ryuu episode next. i want more sawako x kazehaya. oh well. hope theres gonna be a second season!
Feb 24, 2010 6:25 PM

Feb 2008
Did they change producers or something? The humor seems forced and not nearly as good anymore. And as much as I like Chizuru and Ryuu I'm missing All the SawaxKaze I initially adored about this anime. Where did it all go? Will there be a season two? They can't just conclude it without us ever seeing them get together; not after everything that happened with Kurumi...
Feb 24, 2010 8:11 PM

Aug 2008
I just didn't care for this episode too much. It felt like it didn't go anywhere until the end, and even then, it wasn't much of anything worth a full episode's time.
Feb 24, 2010 8:27 PM

Feb 2010
lmao gr8 ep. Who was it Ryuu called to share the bread with in the end?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.