Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
May 25, 4:27 AM

here's the trailer if you live under a rock

May 25, 4:42 AM

I'm guessing close to 50 million ? Too much ?

May 25, 4:44 AM

dont know
i hope they dont spend it in another boring plotless anime like usual

May 25, 4:47 AM

hey, Violet Evergarden got a trailer? lol, good to know, Im hyped for it as fuck.

OT I have no idea...

May 25, 4:50 AM

can't be too different from their usual series they just showcased some money shots in the trailer

but afaik we don't know how much is that either, just a vague "kyoani is one of the few who pays their animators well"

i dont watch trailers in general;just knowing the title exists and is made by kyoani enough
people who watch trailers are the real rock people

on a somewhat unrelated note, remember the one punch man tweet saying they had an average budget

May 25, 7:05 AM

Thou Idk how much budget they spent for Violet Evergarden, but we wouldn't be disappointed by their animation and visual arts. I mean, it is KyoAni after all.

May 25, 7:11 AM

Wow, they opt for 2B's voice. Kinda weird based on her appearance, should be a bit deeper.

May 25, 7:20 AM

Looking at the trailer and a few visuals it feels like a lot, but hey, this is KyoAni we're talking about, so maybe it's just average. Either way I'm expecting the film to be great.
damn, the forums these days...

May 25, 7:22 AM

Bygyas said:
Looking at the trailer and a few visuals it feels like a lot, but hey, this is KyoAni we're talking about, so maybe it's just average. Either way I'm expecting the film to be great.

I don't recall it being a movie? It's listed as a TV series. Although I might be taking the context of film wrong.

As long as there is decent plot I wouldn't mind them throwing all their money's worth at our faces.
Empathy isn't love. Gratitude isn't obligation.

Others might be able to see God by my side, even if I couldn't.

The pursuit of justice itself became sullied in evil.

May 25, 7:22 AM

Its not about budget, but about talented people...

"Choose your enemies wisely, some of them have heavier report button than yours is."
"Oh cyka bl-"
"Way of the Slav"
"Boi by zdoch!"

May 25, 7:27 AM

Lufwa said:
Bygyas said:

I don't recall it being a movie? It's listed as a TV series. Although I might be taking the context of film wrong.

As long as there is decent plot I wouldn't mind them throwing all their money's worth at our faces.

Errr, my bad I guess... Goes back hiding under rock
damn, the forums these days...

May 25, 8:01 AM

Budget for KyoAni shows is nothing special. This "the budget only matters" is a big meme anyway. Its more about the staff's talent, passion, experience, good schedule and organization, unlike most other studios. KyoAni employs many in-house animators on company salary. People there have regular work hours and are paid fairly and not per cuts. Yes, budget helps too and it gives more freedom, but its not like they have big budget anyway, often its even less then some average seasonals shows with tons of animators, but it still looks better. If every other studio was organized as KyoAni there wouldnt be such a shitty state within the industry, animators overworking and getting depressed or not payed for their work. For example KyoAni has a strict policy to not overwork.

Also look how many key animators does KyoAni have compared to any other studio, for example Fall season 2016, almost half less:

tl;dr budget has nothing to do with talent or passion.

May 25, 8:24 AM

KyoAni sure must have a good enough budget, but what's important here is using it wisely. And that's something that relates to work ethics and knowledge, probably to a better organized staff than other studios, rather than money.
Do you like movies? Are you interested on commenting and discussing them? Check The Cinema Club for some film-related talk.

May 25, 8:32 AM

More than a half Million

>KyoAni always Finds a way, and now it's completely saved :D

This Novel Already won, Think they can masterized their M I N D B L O W I N G
Animation?

Either Yes or Maybe?

Top 10's are for wankers anyways... Oh plss no need to be autistic about having a HUMAN NATURE taste by that Special Snowflake EGO of yours Cause it's unrealistically "R E T A R D E D"

May 25, 8:52 AM

Trailer looks average so probably average budget.
jal90 said:
It's quite dishonest and typically trollish logic to say that the fault lies in sensitive people when you do stuff on purpose to bother them.

Top 50 Short Anime Series of All Time

May 25, 8:55 AM
Forum Moderator
Cappuccino

May 25, 8:57 AM

Wasnt the trailer confirmed to have nothing to do with the show? Its an advertisement standalone for the novel. the actual show will look more like a normal show cause its not just a small vertical slice to focus on.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 25, 8:25 PM

If this is truly a TV series then it has BY FAR the best animation of any TV anime ever made.
Seriously, the trailer would put even ufotable to shame...
KyoAni always does amazing animation but this is just top notch.
It might be just some key moments, but even then it still looks perfect.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0

May 25, 8:27 PM
About ten million USD.

May 25, 8:29 PM

galimx said:
Budget for KyoAni shows is nothing special. This "the budget only matters" is a big meme anyway. Its more about the staff's talent, passion, experience, good schedule and organization, unlike most other studios. KyoAni employs many in-house animators on company salary. People there have regular work hours and are paid fairly and not per cuts. Yes, budget helps too and it gives more freedom, but its not like they have big budget anyway, often its even less then some average seasonals shows with tons of animators, but it still looks better. If every other studio was organized as KyoAni there wouldnt be such a shitty state within the industry, animators overworking and getting depressed or not payed for their work. For example KyoAni has a strict policy to not overwork.

Also look how many key animators does KyoAni have compared to any other studio, for example Fall season 2016, almost half less:

Can you tell me where you found that information ? I find it really interesting and would like to know more about things like that.
Also, Hibike Euphonium was the best looking show of the season.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0

May 26, 5:21 AM

Pullman said:

THAT looks average to you?

Jun 16, 10:59 AM
Pullman said:
look at the new trailer

looking at the new trailer i will say unlimited budget
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made

Jun 16, 11:27 AM

$2 million I guess, so average.
Kyoani has a really good process so all their work are done cheaper but still has better quality.

Jun 16, 11:30 AM
ichii_1 said:
Kyoani has a really good process so all their work are done cheaper but still has better quality.
did you watch the second trailer in the post over you ?
the animation quality is the same as the movies animations quality
Since Koe no Katachi has a very high rating her on MAL, rated by nearly 100k users currently should we try to upvote the movie on the worlds largest database related to films? This movie only has around 4,5k votes at the moment. Let's all vote and make the rating higher?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5323662/

if we make it more popular it will raise more money so it will support the anime industry and make anime more popular between all the peoples since IMDb is not an anime site
so more quality anime will be made

Jun 16, 11:52 AM

myengisbad said:
ichii_1 said:
did you watch the second trailer in the post over you ?
the animation quality is the same as the movies animations quality

That's because of their process, Kyoukai no Kanata also has similar effects and details.
Anime budgets don't go very high except for ghibli stuff.

Jun 30, 5:18 AM

galimx said:

What are "key animations"?

Jul 2, 7:17 AM

Seems extremely popular, even more so given no real source material. Only non sequel in the top 10 upcoming anime

Not surprised those trailers are sex on the eyes

Jul 2, 7:51 AM

Yet another Evergarden thread spreading misunderstandings. Thankfully informed people actually exist around here, even if they're overwhelmingly outnumbered. Everyone, please read these. Thank you.

galimx said:

JizzyHitler said:
Wasnt the trailer confirmed to have nothing to do with the show? Its an advertisement standalone for the novel. the actual show will look more like a normal show cause its not just a small vertical slice to focus on.

Getting a bit tired of this.

Jul 15, 12:53 PM

galimx said:

^ THIS. Having enough time, a good schedule, and of course talent and skill is key. Budget/more money doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna look great. Gotta use it efficiently.

Jul 16, 1:58 AM
$100,000? no no $100,000,000,000 is the budget of this Anime. more than Disney budget haha XD

Jul 16, 2:13 AM

More than you think, less than you hope.

Jul 16, 2:40 AM

The members of production committee involved in this work are:

Kyoto Animation - Animation Production/Creator
Pony Canyon - Promotion/Video Distributor
ABC Animation - International Rights
Lantis - Music Production

Looking at it, it's the usual lineup for a KyoAni production. Heck, Koe no Katachi has more producers than Violet so I doubt the budget is not average.

Jul 25, 8:36 AM

This had been touched many times before, by many blogs and youtubers. They don't have big budgets. Is just that KyoAni is different fromother sudios out there. Is an organzed company who emply animators and even has its own school of animation. As a result, because everything is so organized, the result is fluid and high quality animations, cheper than how others can produce.
On the other hand other studios emply freelancers, many who work from home on thight schedules and shitty wages.

Aug 11, 6:30 PM

I'm going to guesstimate that it will cost around 50-60 million yen. Just look at how gorgeous that trailer looked. I literally had an eyegasm from it.

Aug 11, 8:40 PM

at an average of 100k-300k USD per episode, probably around 1.5m overall? maybe 2m?

definitely no higher than 4m for a 12 episode series.

Aug 11, 9:16 PM

HELLA BREAD.

Definitely that amount.

Oct 6, 7:56 PM
I'm guessing the budget is pretty high. My reasoning, Made in Abyss was supported by Amazon and because of that they got a shit tonne of money that really showed in their work. So I assume Netflix would have done a similar thing to this.

That said, this is Kyoto Animation, the company is run incredibly well and I don't think it matters what their budget was. Just look at Nichijou, it has incredibly overblown animation that I am pretty sure was thrown in just because they could.

Kyoto Animation is the antithesis of A-1 Pictures. A-1 Pictures wastes all their money, considering they pump out a large number of titles and aim for popularity by attrition (Which is really expensive and not very profitable). That isn't the case for Kyoto Animation because they profit off most of their work (Or not, I don't know the inner working of Kyoto Animation).

Anyway, there's my single paragraph on the budget, one and a half paragraphs on Kyoto Animations Awesomeness and half a paragraph roasting A-1 Pictures.