Forum Settings
Forums
Wake Up, Sleeping Beauty
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2017 1:35 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A quite fitting finale to the manga I would say with the problem with Shizu's father solved and Shizu finally starting to lead a life like any ordinary girl. And more importantly, love blossoming between her and Tetsu. Even though we were not shown Tetsu's mother waking up from her coma, hints were there showing that she is on her way of waking up; "Ohayou, Ibarahime!"

The last few chapters could be considered a tad rushed but it has been an adorable, heartwarming and thoroughly enjoyable read. The main two characters have been so adorable throughout the manga. There wasn't a chapter when I liked Tetsu and Shizu less than the previous chapter as they grew on me and I loved them more by each passing chapter. Even in this final chapter, every time they hugged each other warmed up my heart. Shizu's character development was really fast around the final few chapters but probably this is how it was meant to be. Tetsu's dedication towards his family, his mother and Shizu made him one of the most admirable male leads I have come across in shoujo manga.

The possessors — Shinobu-san, Haru-san, Mirei and Kanato gave the manga amazing dimensions with each of them playing vital roles in the story's progression. It was sad to see them leave but it had to happen eventually. I will endear their parting gift to Tetsu and Shizu. ❤

I would have loved to see more of Chihiro and Ryou together because they would have made a lovely couple. Unfortunately, it looked one sided as Chihiro probably only ever saw Ryou as his younger sister. Ryou's blushes every now and then made her the cutest female character in the manga for me! Btw, I love you too, Suzu! ❤

This was a fantastic read. Could the author have done better? Maybe. But it was still a very heartwarming story of finding one's own identity. And by 'one's' I meant Tetsu's.

This has been such an improvement from My Fair Neighbor! I will eagerly look forward to Morino Megumi-sensei's new work in the future!

9/10
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 5, 2017 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
That ending was quite amazing and I think this manga was great in every sense. So heartwarming and emotional, the ending left me quite content and a little bit sad, I'll miss Ohayou Ibarahime a lot. The art was perfect, it was just beautiful.
10/10 for me because it was different from most shoujos
Aug 26, 2017 11:37 PM

Feb 2011
I was really happy they warped everything around!!
It happens way to rarely in mangas, it usully have too many unanswered questions or holes . When a manga ends, it usually does not have so much closure time like this work had!! THANK YOU MORINO MEGUMI-SENSEI!!

The mangaka gave everything (no matter how small or rushed) a closure! It was fast, because there were a lot of things in need of a conclusion. But nevertheless, she DELIVERIED!!
And that's one of the things that made this one of the best shoujos i read!!

Art is beautiful!
Great work with the painels and the pacing.
No major holes in the setting, it's something surprisingly believable!
(i was scared at first because ''Shisu's circumstances'' tends to be something easily miss used in plots in shoujos -.-'')
AND THE MOST HEARTWARMING FINALE!! I CRIED THERE!! THAT LAST PANEL MADE SQUEEL AND JUMP LIKE CRAZY! T______T

All in all, awesom read! It's on my forever re-read list ;D.
Jan 17, 2018 6:11 AM

Sep 2011
Amazing manga. It's been a while since I read a well developed story, with deep meaning messages, and this heartwarming. I was getting tired of usual cliched shoujos and this was refreshing <3

moonscapes said:
Where are you perhaps reading this chapter at? I cannot find it at all.

I don't know about the others, but even thought english fansubs haven't translated this, there's an spanish fansub who has (and maybe it's available in other languages too), so I read it in Spanish.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, this was licensed in North America not so long ago and is still being released.
MyrgaJan 17, 2018 6:18 AM
"If you wish so ardently for your life to disappear then give it to me!"
Nov 22, 2018 1:30 PM

Oct 2016
It was an amazing read. Everything about it beautiful. The last chapter made me cry buckets of tears (well more like the whole last volume).

It was good to see that Shizu and her father's relationship are progressing well. We get a hint that Tetsu's mom is going to wake up soon. But the best about it is how freaking natural and adorable the couple is! (♡ >ω< ♡)
Dec 13, 2018 5:09 PM

Nov 2015
Underrated as hell and was glad i went through this rollercoster ride of emotions....I made it easier by telling myself they have Naruto like heaven where they all chill together!!!
You cannot spell Light without L
Mar 4, 2019 1:33 AM

May 2017
This some of the most satisfying content that I have read ever. Everything was just so good from the plot to characters. Also from chap 1 to chap 26 I never lost one bit of interest.

A solid 10/10 from me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2019 1:54 PM

Jul 2015
9/10
i'm not even a fan of shoujo manga

that couple was truly adorable <3
Apr 13, 2019 5:06 PM

Oct 2011
A beautiful ending to a very good Shoujo series. The first few volumes were slow, but they did well to build up the story and develop the characters. The last two volumes were quite the emotional ride, and I was definitely impressed with the way Shizu's character was handled. The author did a great job at making its drama feel compelling from the 5th volume onward.

I give it a respectable 7/10.

Apr 25, 2019 3:53 PM
Jan 2017
This manga was so... Perfect ? Wow. I'm so impressed. Art and story are beautiful ! A must read for everyone who likes shoujo manga. Oh man I'll miss this manga a lot
Jun 3, 2019 6:01 PM

Jun 2015
The ending was great. All the loose ends were tied up. I don't normally like supernatural stories but this is one of my favourite reads in a while.
:)
Jun 28, 2019 4:15 AM

Jan 2016
Art and story is really beautiful, in the last volume it made me feel touched.
I'm glad this ended happily too :)
May 27, 2020 11:55 AM
Nov 2017
100% perfect and beautiful
Jun 20, 2020 6:35 PM

Jun 2020
I read this during a binge of romance and shoujo manga and I have to say it's fucking breathtakingly beautiful. I don't think I've cried as much reading something in a long time
Jul 19, 2020 4:17 AM

Feb 2019
I'm not fond of shoujo manga unlike before because I'm grown up now but wow. I finished this in one sitting, I really liked tetsu and shizu.

I thought this was going to be predictable and cringy but no! This series is a must read. Will miss them :((
owkey
Jul 24, 2020 12:47 PM

Jan 2017
Haven't cried like this for a long time, geez
“A detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself – is no different than a murderer.”
– Shinichi Kudo
Sep 7, 2020 12:49 PM

Nov 2018
In reality I don't like shoujos.They all have almost same story.It's really irritating.
But it was totally different.With each and every line, I feel like Oh my Gosh! What's up this. It felt like I was really in another world.
So beautiful about everything story,art,character development and ending is well fitting.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Sep 13, 2020 6:09 PM

Mar 2017
This is definitely in my top-3 shoujo manga. Probably #2 for romance as the primary genre, across any demographic. Great character and story development. Artwork, impressive. There were some typical shoujo cliches, but they were handled brilliantly. I wish the beginning was smoother. I felt like there needed to be more screen-time for basically every character but Tetsu.

I recommend Taiyo no le for everybody that liked this. They're not really similar in any way, but they elicited the same feelings from me.

8/10. I'm gonna need to buy the print version. God damn.
Oct 15, 2020 3:36 AM

Jan 2015
I never knew you could get dehydrated by crying. Every chapter was a feels ride and I loved every second of it. Definitely one of my favorites.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Jan 17, 2021 11:48 AM
Aug 2015
Great story and ending with beautiful art, what else can one ask for.

It doesn't even use the usual cliche plot of having the guy chase after the girl in the end. Each key individual have a closure to their personal story as well.

10/10 read
May 10, 2021 2:57 AM

May 2020
Man, I was really scared that the final volume was going to throw some kind of curveball but nope, it remained wholesome throughout.

Anyway, I enjoyed this thoroughly. The characters were fun and the story was nice too. Tetsu x Shizu is just too fucking cute. 7/10
TitanInsaneJun 14, 2021 9:06 AM
Aug 7, 2021 3:12 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
tragedydesu said:

OMG, I love that picture, wish I could find a bigger source, I only have the cover itself which is that pic with the text, but alone is even more beautiful!

I do like shoujo myself, but to be honest, it depends a lot in how much I like the female protagonist, and I didn't dislike her here, but felt a bit too bland, even so by the end.
Of the two, Tetsu was the most interesting one to be, and I would have to said that Shizu's ghosts were most interesting than her, I do understand why the manga is like that of course.

When in constant to Shizu, I think the 4 of them shone brighter, I loved the care put in making they appearances and expressions stand apart, Haru is my favorite from them, and that shit was just sad, to see how his life ended.

The romance did pay off, there were lots of cute scenes going on, but what stole the show for me was the originality in the concept of Shizu hosting these ghosts.
Each of the 4 where properly developed by the end in meaningful ways, but I was expecting Mrei/Akira to wake up at the end, I did not enjoy how bit vague it was, I wanted a few panels of her awaking up, not just to see her hand suddenly moving.

Of course it is obvious she is gonna awake (YES), but I want to see it, I don't like when mangaka go with, just imagine it, FUCK NO, SHOW ME!

So Haru was the best boy, Mirei got that reveal O.O, Kanato definitely grown on me and Shinobu was so essential to the plot, tying with Shizu dad, but also how he helped Shizu to grown-up.
Really great casting IMO, a satisfying conclusion, very emotional, I shed tears for these ghosts, romance could have been a bit better, and I have to say, the series is a bit inflated with that score, but man, characters outside the couple do deliver and enhance the final experience.

It was also great this manga did not drag up longer than needed, ended at the right time, and also had some really cute and beautiful covers and panels~~

I leave from other shoujo like Last Gamer or Kawai was Maid, praising the couple, not that much here, but the originality was a plus, feels came from where I did not expect.

8.6/10 = 9
Aug 25, 2021 8:25 PM

Jan 2021
YOU CANT JUST DO THAT TO US ??????? My tears won't stop omg when did i get so emotionally attached ????? How can a story be so beautiful and bittersweet ?????
Sep 12, 2021 8:23 AM
Oct 2016
Man this manga is so underrated. One of the best shoujo manga I've ever read. <3
Nov 6, 2021 9:07 PM

Apr 2020
What a great manga, hopefully it will get adapted one day
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Jun 1, 2022 4:02 AM
Dec 2021
God this manga was something I stumbled upon when I was searching for a different anime and ohh my gawd this has to be one of those rarest finds I'll ever come across a roller-coaster of emotions, the plot was top tier as well throwing twists here and there it perfectly balanced the supernatural elements in the show. A really underrated gem I hope it gets an adaptation someday cause its simply unbelievable. Also the ending was perfect as well. Overall a 10/10 manga
Mar 23, 2023 10:33 AM

Jun 2021
This manga is simply beautiful. It's a very heartwarming and emotional read. I'm glad I found this manga. I like shoujo very much. I need more shoujo shoujo-romance like this. It's a 10/10 for me. It has a great story till the end. All the characters have significant roles. What's more, the art is perfect.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ohayou, Ibarahime Chapter 15 Discussion

shanimebib - Apr 28, 2017

2 by chungqins »»
Jun 4, 2022 5:31 PM

Poll: » Ohayou, Ibarahime Chapter 23 Discussion

shanimebib - Apr 30, 2017

7 by Santibag »»
Apr 2, 2022 1:37 PM

Poll: » Ohayou, Ibarahime Chapter 25 Discussion

shanimebib - May 6, 2017

1 by CalmTeaTime »»
Aug 25, 2021 8:20 PM

Poll: » Ohayou, Ibarahime Chapter 24 Discussion

1 by CalmTeaTime »»
Aug 25, 2021 8:16 PM

Poll: » Ohayou, Ibarahime Chapter 22 Discussion

1 by CalmTeaTime »»
Aug 25, 2021 8:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.