Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 7 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 25, 2017 2:35 PM

Feb 2008
The two new fairies (or leprechauns) seem to be a fine addition to the cast. I hope more background information regarding the cataclysm that occurred hundreds of years ago is revealed through their actions.
May 25, 2017 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
A pretty chill episode, which is nice.
Glad that Chtholly is recovering. So she is a human now? Would be nice but i think that would kill the other girls since they can't fight without her.
So they have more badass girls xD
I find it so those moments between Willem & Chtholly so touching :3
I love so much those little girls ahahah they are always so funny and so cute, and of corse doing stupid things xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 25, 2017 11:56 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Jakubajk said:
Ctholly is really cute now.
I don't want to see romance between Ctholly and Willhelm. He could be like her dad or something

Consider that his body got petrified when he only himself was 18 years old and that stopped the aging of his body (and mind). He still has a body of a 18 year old young man (for evidence on the official website click here). Kotori is 15 years old - so I do not get how he possible could be her father.

He wants to see them all as kids, but are this truly his feelings about Kotori anymore ?? I am not sure. I would say he is very dishonest with his true feelings.
CyanwasserstoffMay 26, 2017 12:06 AM
May 26, 2017 8:14 AM
Nov 2016
I forgot. What happened again?
This anime is boring. There's no sense of urgency because characters are chilling out 24/7, or trying to be best girl, in an anime about *waifus trying to save the world from beasts*.
Speaking of waifus, this is an anime that wants to be serious, yet nearly all the characters are waifus/daughteru's, who are all human-looking, in an anime where everyone else is a half-animal/monster thing (Goblin Bro = best bro). Meaning it sacrifices all these cool elements, to appeal to miserable-otaku like me, while trying to be something else.
Pandering, anyone?
Harem anime are at least upfront that they are trying to appeal to miserable otaku, but this anime is like, "Well, we want to be this deep fantasy anime, but at the same time, we wanna appeal to waifu-desperate otakus".
May 26, 2017 11:32 AM
Jun 2016
I was excited about this show but it feels like is downhill for me right now, feels like they're not even trying to hide this is just a propaganda for the LN, not a real deal anime. I see too much plot being shown but nothing ever goes forward, just foreshadowing. And uhh the main characters relationship is starting to cringe the living hell out of me. Hope it gets better
May 26, 2017 9:42 PM

Jul 2007
Kokorowagurasu said:
I was excited about this show but it feels like is downhill for me right now, feels like they're not even trying to hide this is just a propaganda for the LN, not a real deal anime. I see too much plot being shown but nothing ever goes forward, just foreshadowing.

Wut. So far its pretty much perfect adaptation with nothing important missing.
May 26, 2017 10:57 PM

May 2016
Its already obvious who is going to die given that they spoiled that shit in the beginning of episode 1.
May 27, 2017 12:02 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
-Abyss_Walker- said:
Its already obvious who is going to die given that they spoiled that shit in the beginning of episode 1.

We saw there 3 people falling from a high distance down to the ground. Judging from the changing hair color, we know who these three are and one is laying down in a plane tried to stop the red haired girl.

Willem and Ren are falling down and the red haired girl did jump of the plane and Nopht shout at her to stop her. Also Nopht is laying down in a puddle of blood, maybe her own blood.That was the first scene of the anime. If that scene really means they will die then this series would kill off the main protagonist and the main heroine and also one plot important character, too.
I have not read the light novel, so my thoughts are based on what I have witnessed in episode 1 here.
CyanwasserstoffMay 27, 2017 12:07 AM
May 27, 2017 12:08 AM

May 2016
Cyanwasserstoff said:
-Abyss_Walker- said:

We saw there 3 people falling from a high distance down to the ground. Judging from the changing hair color, we know who these three are and one is laying down in a plane tried to stop the red haired girl.

Willem and Ren are falling down and the red haired girl did jump of the plane after the discussion or fight (at least she did shout at her, maybe to stopp her) with Nopht . That was the first scene of the anime. If that scene really means they will die then this series would kill off the main protagonist and the main heroine and also one important character, too.
I have not read the light novel, so my thoughts are based on what I have witnessed in episode 1 here.

Its more about the monologue, its a dead give away at who is going to die as only someone who is about to do something suicidal would say such things.
May 27, 2017 12:18 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
-Abyss_Walker- said:

Its more about the monologue, its a dead give away at who is going to die as only someone who is about to do something suicidal would say such things.

I get your point here, but Willem and Ren are falling from a even higher distance then that girl with the red hair and if the puddle of blood belongs to Nopht, then she would be also badly injured. Maybe she will save Willem and Ren, but maybe not. We will see after the anime did reach this point it showed in the first episode
May 27, 2017 6:41 PM

Oct 2008
A fairly moderate episode.
Willem truthfully complimented the red strands of hair of Chtholly! t'was sweet!
Survey Team? lolz seems like a higher league of fairy team...and Willem hasn't met yet Nopht and Rhantolk. Looks like those 2 are also capable and stronk!
4/5.

May 27, 2017 11:19 PM
Jun 2016
Fai said:
Kokorowagurasu said:
I was excited about this show but it feels like is downhill for me right now, feels like they're not even trying to hide this is just a propaganda for the LN, not a real deal anime. I see too much plot being shown but nothing ever goes forward, just foreshadowing.

The point is, this is gonna be 13 episodes right, the amount of plot being show like that would be ok in the light novel, becuase the thing is being published non stop, the anime will stop with a bunch of things shown and not explained at all. Remember how much they changed in re zero to make it fit the format, of course, respecting the original content
May 28, 2017 7:38 AM

Mar 2016
Kokorowagurasu said:
Fai said:

The point is, this is gonna be 13 episodes right, the amount of plot being show like that would be ok in the light novel, becuase the thing is being published non stop, the anime will stop with a bunch of things shown and not explained at all. Remember how much they changed in re zero to make it fit the format, of course, respecting the original content

But this novel is already finished and not publishing anymore . It's only 25 chapters. This adaptation can show up till chapter 20 (though it has to rush through some stuff to do so) . Maybe they'll do the rest in OVAs or 4 episodes conclusion (like ReLife) or maybe a sequel movie to wrap it up. The bulk of the story lies in volume 3-4-5. This episode was the first chapter of volume 3
Shishou_23May 28, 2017 7:45 AM
May 28, 2017 12:59 PM

Jul 2007
Kokorowagurasu said:
Fai said:

Except that:
1) The novel is finished
2) they already adapted 2 out of five novels total and with this episode we are past halfway point of the story.
3) This is not rezero. Rezero will run indefinitely as long as it has enough fanservice for otaku crowd and as long as people are okay with repeated themes, as long as there's enough pointless gore.
May 28, 2017 4:23 PM
Jun 2016
Fai said:
Kokorowagurasu said:

Except that:
1) The novel is finished
2) they already adapted 2 out of five novels total and with this episode we are past halfway point of the story.
3) This is not rezero. Rezero will run indefinitely as long as it has enough fanservice for otaku crowd and as long as people are okay with repeated themes, as long as there's enough pointless gore.

I see, but I can't help but think that this story will end with a lot of undevelop points besides the main plot, because the amount of things they've shown cannot be covered properly with that amount of volumes, and my point about rezero was not even the quality but the way it was adapted from the source material. If you like it or not, it's up to you and does not concern me at all
May 31, 2017 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
So I guess Chtholly is the Red Haired girl from episode 1...I re-watched the beginning and...Fuck...I forgot about it. So...shit should be hitting the fan soon.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 1, 2017 2:05 PM

Oct 2016
I find it cute how Chtolly is so attracted to Willem at this point *_*
Jun 4, 2017 6:19 PM

Apr 2015
That girl with the red sword was pretty strong. Btw that meat bread looked delicious XDDD.
Jun 15, 2017 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
This time the episode was not as exciting as the previous one, but I must admit I liked the comic and romantic situations seen during the narration. Finally, the last two characters have shown themselves, I'm looking forward to knowing them better and seeing how they interact with other characters.
Jun 24, 2017 8:37 AM
Mar 2012
2 new fairies with cool va's. Ancient book talk reveals some more of human/visitor/god influence. Creepy scorpion beast with a human punch design.
Jun 24, 2017 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
Plot progressing very slow... well okay episode. 3.5/5
Jun 25, 2017 7:01 PM

Jun 2013
Absolutely beautiful episode!
Jun 28, 2017 9:10 AM

May 2012
Nice progression, that ending was pretty sick! Let's see what's next.
Jul 6, 2017 11:50 AM

Jul 2009
So sad, Chtholly is starting to forget things =/
Aug 12, 2017 4:21 PM

Dec 2016
Yay Chtholly is becoming human-ish, which means her and Willem can stay together 4ever!!! Also how old is Willem, is he 17, 18,19,20 plus, if he is below 18, that would be fine, I just hope he's not a 30 year old who is pretty much in a romance with a 15 year old XD

Also R.I.P Pig Soldier
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 14, 2017 4:16 PM

Apr 2013
TheFreycook said:
Yay Chtholly is becoming human-ish, which means her and Willem can stay together 4ever!!! Also how old is Willem, is he 17, 18,19,20 plus, if he is below 18, that would be fine, I just hope he's not a 30 year old who is pretty much in a romance with a 15 year old XD

Also R.I.P Pig Soldier

he's 18 if we don't count the 500 years he spent as stone.
Sep 3, 2017 12:09 AM

Apr 2015
Buildup: The Episode
Our girl was cute.
Dec 30, 2017 2:27 PM

Jul 2017
The thing is I feel completely emotionally disconnected to this anime.

I just feels so forced...All the fairies are cute and sweet and adorable and you are of course supposed to love then and want them to be happy eating sweets and jumping around William, only to dissolve into inconsolable sobs when this inevitably turns to be the tragedy that it¡s heading to become since the begging.

A good recipe. In theory. But it's leaving me cold and awkward at every emotional scene. Sigh.
Jan 27, 2019 3:04 PM

May 2009
Finally we get some fucking butter cake!

2 girls 4 biscuits scene was a little bit pointless. They kind of just talked about things we were literally just told in the last episode.

Tiat's starting to feel emotions that she shouldn't, and everyone's just like hmm iunno maybe you're growing, have some butter cake and see if you feel better?

Nygglatho wants to eat Chtholly's flesh but Chtholly refuses, wtf rude.

Chtholly getting lewd af eyeballing Willem's hand. Nygglatho didn't raise you to be that kind of girl.

During the Chtholly cooking scene, if you want to be super nit-picky about things, notice Chtholly picks up a cup and either a) it was placed exactly pixel perfectly behind another cup with the spoon also pixel perfect. or b) The cup was drawn as part of the table and they were too lazy to redraw the chunk of the table that would be missing if the cup moved. Maybe they hoped nobody would notice, but there's nothing else going on in this scene so it's hard not to notice. Also notice how she doesn't actually put any spices into the pot, is it really that difficult to animate a couple of specks falling into a pot?

AnimeFanboy1234 said:
I forgot. What happened again?
This anime is boring. There's no sense of urgency because characters are chilling out 24/7, or trying to be best girl, in an anime about *waifus trying to save the world from beasts*.
Speaking of waifus, this is an anime that wants to be serious, yet nearly all the characters are waifus/daughteru's, who are all human-looking, in an anime where everyone else is a half-animal/monster thing (Goblin Bro = best bro). Meaning it sacrifices all these cool elements, to appeal to miserable-otaku like me, while trying to be something else.
Pandering, anyone?
Harem anime are at least upfront that they are trying to appeal to miserable otaku, but this anime is like, "Well, we want to be this deep fantasy anime, but at the same time, we wanna appeal to waifu-desperate otakus".

This is the best description of this anime a whole. This should seriously be in the synopsis of this anime.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Apr 21, 2020 11:31 AM

May 2015
NOOOOOOO! NOT THE PIGMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 3, 2020 6:19 AM

Feb 2014
You know I really felt like I could relate to Ctholly when Nygglatho was like “I could tell a lot more about your condition if I just took a bte of your flesh” and Ctholly was like “please don't”
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2021 10:30 PM

Jun 2020
It’s so boring. And I love boring SOL but this??????? I’m just not engaged I’m trying so hard tho!!!!!! I can’t even drop it now since I’m almost done with it. How can so much be happening yet it feels like nothing much is happening at the same time lololllllll

It tries so hard to be emotional but I don’t feel any of the bonds that they share. So forced.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 29, 2022 5:09 AM

Apr 2020
The first time that Chytholly has red hair, and now things are relatively back to normal....and then we learned that she is not a fairy anymore, that's a cause for concern.

She crying as she ate the butter cake and they reuniting again is so good to see. Also being a housewife looks good on her, although making another spicy food again will be somewhat painful for some tongues in the house. But now she's a housewife, who will take her rein?

I guess Rhan and Ntorph must be safe to replace her, because their ship is broke down below.
Oct 5, 2022 11:03 AM

Jan 2020
Chtholly's true self calls out from the depths of her soul!?

Can the military really afford to put such a high ranking officer on suspension because of one losing battle? Aren't they on the losing side of a war with those beasts?

This episode felt like the first one, full of potential. Hopefully things get more interesting in the back-half. I certainly wouldn't mind a little more focus on fighting the beasts.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 25, 2023 1:30 PM

Aug 2019
cth is just becoming a generic house wife. so far the only interesting thing about her was when she was "breaking" but that was solved pretty much instantly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2023 8:37 PM

Oct 2022
On the whole, this episode felt mostly uneventful, as though hardly anything happened. But at the same time, a crucial milestone regarding Willem and Chtholly's relationship has been reached. Both have come to admit their feelings and are even considering acting upon them. I like that very much.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

458 by -ODA- »»
Apr 9, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

148 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.