Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (36) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
May 25, 2017 8:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 10005
Ruu said:
@Astros I'm getting tired of this dialogue we are having. Is not helpful at all to the game, just a waste of time. Let's talk again after you get some free time and made some comments on people's alignments okay? (:

...




Gruffin said:
/Phew, finally caught up completely.

@Astros Ruu's probing of you. Town getting frustrated with a lack of a read or scum trying to look busy by targeting lurkers? If undecided, what parts of your conversation with her do you think will prove to be useful hints when you do decide?
Wish I could be caught up already.

Hard to tell. Could be a mix of both really. That being town wanting to look busy. The generalities and assumptions on their part about my behavior and the vague requests without a general idea behind them are things of interest to me. While within Ruu's playstyle from what I've seen, there's not a lot of motive for it.

If mafia then seeming busy is their likely motive. Shifting focus/pressure doesn't seem like a necessity at the moment.

What are your getting from Ruu in regards to this?

Grapefruit21 said:
@Astros I know you're busy and both said you're off for the night, but you need to vote when you back. Too much has happened to not have taken a stance.
You're absolutely right. It's time I took a stand for what I believe in.

Vote: No Lynch


Catching up now...
 
May 25, 2017 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
I just woke up. Let me collect my thoughts...

Fo said:
@Ruu-- confused why you think scum doctor isn't a basic role? Is there a list of roles that can/cannot be in this game somewhere I could look at because there's evidently a couple different definitions of basic


I asked what is a scum doctor. Like what type of abilities does he have? I always thought doc was a town role that could be anti town also if it was a variation of it like sick doctor for example. I want to know your definition of mafia doctor
 
May 25, 2017 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 4407
@Ruu you are a scum doctor ?
 
May 25, 2017 8:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 11855
Ruu said:
I just woke up. Let me collect my thoughts...

Fo said:
@Ruu-- confused why you think scum doctor isn't a basic role? Is there a list of roles that can/cannot be in this game somewhere I could look at because there's evidently a couple different definitions of basic


I asked what is a scum doctor. Like what type of abilities does he have? I always thought doc was a town role that could be anti town also if it was a variation of it like sick doctor for example. I want to know your definition of mafia doctor
A doctor that is aligned with scum. How hard can it possibly be.
 
May 25, 2017 8:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Astros said:
Grapefruit21 said:
@Astros I know you're busy and both said you're off for the night, but you need to vote when you back. Too much has happened to not have taken a stance.
You're absolutely right. It's time I took a stand for what I believe in.

Vote: No Lynch

Catching up now...
The way things are gong this is a much better option than the current vote leader. I like that you are taking a stand for what you believe I have been waiting for this I like it, gives me town vibes.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 8:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
@Gruffin
WyNdz:


Thoughts:
#207 - This is the correct read on me. He was just in a game where I was scum and him challenging Ruu on this read is good imo. Now he could be scum knowing I am town but the way Ruu is dancing around my read makes me feel more confident in Wyndz and togs reads on me coming from town instead of trying to lie to set up a possible mislynch (the feeling I get from Ruu). That being said eitehr could be mafia pocketing but I doubt it.
#208 - Not sure if he feigning ignorance onw hat flavor claiming is? I think Purity's take on the setup is incorrect based onthis response considering I slightly town read him and don't know what to make of Purity.
#294 - Actually Purity didn't participate in RVS either because he never does.
#299 - I cannot fault him for feeling this way because we got literally nothing out of Abu until he was voted up then he got lynched.

So I like his read on me but this can come from both sides.
I don't like the lack of presence, again can come from both sides due to irl.
The vote on Abu makes sense given their history, could be an easy place for mafia to hide at.
not sure why he left Purity off the list of people who didn't partake in RVS? This one make me wonder but not sure I will get an answer to any questions seeing as how he is replacing out.

Neutral as I could be. Not seeing any of the townie markers I defended so strongly in EEM but he doesn't have a role use to his advantage either, like we did there. Nothing overtly scummy but not seeing what I need to say he is town here.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 8:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Ruu said:
I just woke up. Let me collect my thoughts...

Fo said:
@Ruu-- confused why you think scum doctor isn't a basic role? Is there a list of roles that can/cannot be in this game somewhere I could look at because there's evidently a couple different definitions of basic


I asked what is a scum doctor. Like what type of abilities does he have? I always thought doc was a town role that could be anti town also if it was a variation of it like sick doctor for example. I want to know your definition of mafia doctor
@Ruu Mafia Doctor Look at the anti-town picture on the right hand side.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 8:43 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
CorruptedPurity said:
wen294 said:
Yuki Teriyaki


Are you asking to be lynched? I know we are supposed to be lynching cute little moe girls like the monsters we are but you should know better than to insult waifus in an anime forum...


lmao

all I'm hoping for is that Taromaru is not in play/part of the mafia cause I couldn't forgive myself if we lynch him ;-;
 
May 25, 2017 8:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
logic340 said:
Ruu said:
I just woke up. Let me collect my thoughts...



I asked what is a scum doctor. Like what type of abilities does he have? I always thought doc was a town role that could be anti town also if it was a variation of it like sick doctor for example. I want to know your definition of mafia doctor
@Ruu Mafia Doctor Look at the anti-town picture on the right hand side.


yeah is just that I saw the sanities and I always assumed that the doctor is a town role that gets bastardise (? making it an anti-town role within the town faction. Like I used anti-town doctors on my bastard game but they were town, that's why I didn't get why the doctor role could be part of the mafia.


----------------

I know is not very "townie" to bring up tpr but this time we got a sk so I think we should care about finding him. SK will most likely go after town read people because it's the easier way to achieve his wincon (if he hits mafia we will win before he can).
Any candidates? I got none unfortunately D:
 
May 25, 2017 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Ruu said:
logic340 said:
@Ruu Mafia Doctor Look at the anti-town picture on the right hand side.


yeah is just that I saw the sanities and I always assumed that the doctor is a town role that gets bastardise (? making it an anti-town role within the town faction. Like I used anti-town doctors on my bastard game but they were town, that's why I didn't get why the doctor role could be part of the mafia.


----------------

I know is not very "townie" to bring up tpr but this time we got a sk so I think we should care about finding him. SK will most likely go after town read people because it's the easier way to achieve his wincon (if he hits mafia we will win before he can).
Any candidates? I got none unfortunately D:
The SK is a big part of the reason I feel that Rinto's claim makes sense given we know there can be two kills per night.
15 players to start means the setup is 11-3-1. This will be worst case scenario
Start of D2 - 8-3-1 if we mislynch D1, sk kills, mafia kills N1
Start of D3 - 5-3-1 if we mislynch D2, sk kills, mafia kills N2
There is no D4 - 2-3-1 if we mislynch D3, sk kills, mafia kills N3

So voting Rinto is not an option imo at this point. Thinking about it shows a scum+ mindset to me since we are facing 2 kills a night who wants to risk lynching the DR?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 10005
logic340 said:
The way things are gong this is a much better option than the current vote leader. I like that you are taking a stand for what you believe I have been waiting for this I like it, gives me town vibes.


I wasn't being truly authentic with that first bit. It was more of a jest at the importance placed on my vote. Though until I catch up I generally am undecided.
 
May 25, 2017 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
CorruptedPurity said:
Grapefruit21 said:
@wen294 all will be made clear on page 7. Dono actually noticed it sooner in the read. You went the opposite direction funny enough.


I wanted to touch on that. It really shows how faulty my method is, two people of the same role reacted differently. That being the case, I can't fault Fo or logic for not noticing the trap. I can still pin logic for his scummy reaction, rinto for his unprovoked slip and to a certain extent, lamb for his role claim (although I kinda believe him that it may be bait)
You reached a conclusion and are tying to make it stick even after your "trap" was proven to be faulty? I don't understand that isn't how you reevaluate a read.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 6565
Vote Count 1.7
logic340 (4 votes): Gruffin (1), Grapefruit21 (4), grrr (7), wen294 (12), CorruptedPurity (23), Wen (27), Grapefruit (31), grrr (35), Laby-Gaga (36)
Laby-Gaga (2 votes): CorruptedPurity (18), Suzune-chan (32), wen294 (38)
AbuHumaid (1 vote): Wyndz (25)
wen294 (1 vote): logic340 (26), Logic340 (28)
Astros (1 vote): Grapefruit21 (6), Ruu (29)
Rinto-kun (1 vote): CorruptedPurity (14), Grapefruit21 (15), Fo (17), wen294 (22), Laby-Gaga (24), Fo (33)
Wyndz (1 vote): Fo (19), Grapefruit21 (20), Gruffin (37)
No Lynch (1 vote): logic340 (3), Astros (39)
Fo (0 votes): Suzune-chan (2)
Grapefruit (0 votes): Togs (5), logic340 (8)
Ruu (0 votes): Gruffin (10), Laby-Gaga (13), logic340 (21)
grrr (0 votes): Ruu (9)
Togs (0 votes): Wyndz (11)
CorruptedPurity (0 votes): Wen294 (30)
Gruffin (0 votes): Grrr (34)
Suzune-chan (0 votes): Fo (16)
Not Voting (2 players): AbuHumaid, Rinto-kun,

Inverted Tally
Gruffin: logic340 (1), Ruu (10), Wyndz (37)
Suzune-chan: Fo (2), Laby-Gaga (32)
logic340: No Lynch (3), Grapefruit21 (8), Ruu (21), wen294 (26), wen294 (28)
Grapefruit21: logic340 (4), Astros (6), Rinto-kun (15), Wyndz (20), Logic340 (31)
Togs: Grapefruit21 (5)
grrr: logic340 (7), Gruffin (34), Logic340 (35)
Ruu: grrr (9), Ruu (24), Astros (29)
Wyndz: Togs (11), AbuHumaid (25)
wen294: logic340 (12), Rinto-kun (22) logic340 (27), CorruptedPurity(30), Laby-Gaga (38)
Laby-Gaga: Ruu (13), Rinto-kun (24)
CorruptedPurity: Rinto-kun (14), Laby-Gaga (18), logic340 (23)
Fo: Suzune-chan (16), Rinto-kun (17), Wyndz (19), Rinto-kun (33)
Astros: No Lynch (39)


Mafia is just a game. If ever you feel you are getting too frustrated, don't be afraid to take a break.
Modified by PentaFlare, May 25, 2017 3:42 PM
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
 
May 25, 2017 9:12 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
@Togs here it is ~

> Your posts look like you are trying to be active and changing your normal lurking mode which I see it as a positive thing.
> You are town reading more people than scum reading. Which for me is a townish thing to do because mafia usually tries to give some options for a mislynch early on. And having so many townreads makes it hard to try to lead a myslynch later on.
> You have fluffy posts but there are usually about asking people to poke you, give you info, etc.

This were my notes on you ^^
 
May 25, 2017 9:13 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
PentaFlare said:

Mafia is just a game. If ever you feel you are getting too frustrated, don't be afraid to take a break.


best host <3
 
May 25, 2017 9:14 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
ughh lunch time. I'll be back in a couple of hours!
 
May 25, 2017 9:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Vote Count 1.7
logic340 (4 votes): Gruffin (1), Grapefruit21 (4), grrr (7), wen294 (12), CorruptedPurity (23), Wen (27), Grapefruit (31), grrr (35), Laby-Gaga (36)
Laby-Gaga (2 votes): CorruptedPurity (18), Suzune-chan (32), wen294 (38)
AbuHumaid (1 vote): Wyndz (25)
wen294 (1 vote): logic340 (26), Logic340 (28)
Astros (1 vote): Grapefruit21 (6), Ruu (29)
CorruptedPurity (1 vote): Wen294 (30)
Rinto-kun (1 vote): CorruptedPurity (14), Grapefruit21 (15), Fo (17), wen294 (22), Laby-Gaga (24), Fo (33)
Wyndz (1 vote): Fo (19), Grapefruit21 (20), Gruffin (37)
No Lynch (1 vote): logic340 (3), Astros (39)
Fo (0 votes): Suzune-chan (2)
Grapefruit (0 votes): Togs (5), logic340 (8)
Ruu (0 votes): Gruffin (10), Laby-Gaga (13), logic340 (21)
grrr (0 votes): Ruu (9)
Togs (0 votes): Wyndz (11)
Gruffin (0 votes): Grrr (34)
Suzune-chan (0 votes): Fo (16)
Not Voting (2 players): AbuHumaid, Rinto-kun,
I guess i will be that guy this game. This Vote Count will never hit mafia.
#1 town is the leading train an no one is going over how they feel about the people on it.
#2 the lack of counter train should be a concern but no one is voicing that concern.


PentaFlare said:
Mafia is just a game. If ever you feel you are getting too frustrated, don't be afraid to take a break.
Will do!
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 9:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Ruu said:
@Togs here it is ~

> Your posts look like you are trying to be active and changing your normal lurking mode which I see it as a positive thing.
> You are town reading more people than scum reading. Which for me is a townish thing to do because mafia usually tries to give some options for a mislynch early on. And having so many townreads makes it hard to try to lead a myslynch later on.
> You have fluffy posts but there are usually about asking people to poke you, give you info, etc.

This were my notes on you ^^
What can you draw from these notes about his alignment? What did you think of the Wyndz ISO did for Gruffin?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 4407
@logic just die for the greater good : D . I promise if you die, to read all your posts.
 
May 25, 2017 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 4407
(unless you are mafia of course : D )
 
May 25, 2017 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 4407
(that wasn't a slip. I just forgot you might be mafia : D )
 
May 25, 2017 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
grrr said:
@logic just die for the greater good : D . I promise if you die, to read all your posts.
Welll, I guess there is a first time for everything. :D
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 10:51 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
grrr said:
@logic just die for the greater good : D . I promise if you die, to read all your posts.


Grrr being a lazy evil person lol
 
May 25, 2017 10:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Astros:


Thoughts:
#48 - This is a townie post imo, as Astros is inviting people to suspect him with this line but he left it open in a way that should cause people to question his reasoning (Grapefruit did but he kind of but it was more of a conclusion).
#455 - I really like the latter part of this post. As scum I love to pick at claims so I feel this is coming from a town PoV since he 's rying to close of that avenue and take away a good hiding place for scum.
#456 - Another good interaction with Ruu, I really like how he went about answering her questions. It seems she is trying hard to paint him as scum but he's unphased (I need to take some notes here).
#651 - I like the way he vote no lynch in the face of Grapefruit's question and pressure. It's something I have seen players do with Grapefruit when he demands something and I want to see how he goes about dealing with it this time around.

Neutral with the slightest of town leans would love to see more but Astros is one of those players who can get his point across without junking up the thread like me.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 10:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Ruu said:
grrr said:
@logic just die for the greater good : D . I promise if you die, to read all your posts.


Grrr being a lazy evil person lol
When I flip town who on my train will you be looking into?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
logic340 said:
Ruu said:
@Togs here it is ~

> Your posts look like you are trying to be active and changing your normal lurking mode which I see it as a positive thing.
> You are town reading more people than scum reading. Which for me is a townish thing to do because mafia usually tries to give some options for a mislynch early on. And having so many townreads makes it hard to try to lead a myslynch later on.
> You have fluffy posts but there are usually about asking people to poke you, give you info, etc.

This were my notes on you ^^
What can you draw from these notes about his alignment? What did you think of the Wyndz ISO did for Gruffin?


FYI this were the notes I had before I posted my town/scum list. And in that list you can see I was town reading him. I haven't found anything alarming in his posts but I would have to re-read again to be completely sure. For now he is town/neutral and not a priority.
What ISO are you talking about? I think I missed it. Let me check the thread. Answer coming soon.
 
May 25, 2017 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
logic340 said:
Ruu said:


Grrr being a lazy evil person lol
When I flip town who on my train will you be looking into?


Grrr and lamb for sure.
 
May 25, 2017 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Ruu said:
logic340 said:
What can you draw from these notes about his alignment? What did you think of the Wyndz ISO did for Gruffin?


FYI this were the notes I had before I posted my town/scum list. And in that list you can see I was town reading him. I haven't found anything alarming in his posts but I would have to re-read again to be completely sure. For now he is town/neutral and not a priority.
What ISO are you talking about? I think I missed it. Let me check the thread. Answer coming soon.
I give some thoughts in #636 and #645 explain a little bit and #656 is the ISO itself.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
@logic340 mmm more than trying to paint him as scummy I was trying to get him more active and talking about players and seeing more of him... so you find it townish that he just answered my questions with a question asking even more clarification instead of saying : hey okay this is what I think of the players! X,Y and Z look scummy for this, and this and that.."?
Tbh Astros was making me so frustrated lol
 
May 25, 2017 11:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Ruu said:
logic340 said:
When I flip town who on my train will you be looking into?


Grrr and lamb for sure.
I am thinking Lam-B more than grrr at this point but I am never good at reading him. grrr seem more like town grrr from Stray Dogs but then there is how he likes to vote on me as mafia showing up. Neutral on both more scum on lam
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 11:09 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
logic340 said:
Ruu said:


FYI this were the notes I had before I posted my town/scum list. And in that list you can see I was town reading him. I haven't found anything alarming in his posts but I would have to re-read again to be completely sure. For now he is town/neutral and not a priority.
What ISO are you talking about? I think I missed it. Let me check the thread. Answer coming soon.
I give some thoughts in #636 and #645 explain a little bit and #656 is the ISO itself.


Thanks for the links! I agree with you. Wy is completely neutral for me. I can't collect enough information from his posts to determine alignement. I'll wait for his replacement before I reach any conclusions.

----
Too many people are asking to be replaced ;-;
 
May 25, 2017 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 6303
Actually let's go on a hunch and change votes:

vote change: lamb

My vote on Astros is useless so let's go for a counter train to get some reactions.
 
May 25, 2017 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2859
WyNdZ said:
logic340 said:
@Wyndz where are you at? I like what I have seen form you but you are falling in to the lurker category this game and your presence isn't what I was expecting coming out of EE where you were town?

I've been unexpectedly busy even though I'm having summer vacations. I'm likely to be somewhat busy in the coming days as well. I've already sent a message to Penta requesting to be replaced.
:\ What to do...
logic340 said:
How about we just lynch him then doc nor mafia have to worry about dealing with him at all during the Night Phase?
Why include the mafia having to deal with Purity when you've been suspecting him?
Astros said:
Wish I could be caught up already.

Hard to tell. Could be a mix of both really. That being town wanting to look busy. The generalities and assumptions on their part about my behavior and the vague requests without a general idea behind them are things of interest to me. While within Ruu's playstyle from what I've seen, there's not a lot of motive for it.

If mafia then seeming busy is their likely motive. Shifting focus/pressure doesn't seem like a necessity at the moment.

What are your getting from Ruu in regards to this?
Best of luck.

Based on her answers to me, I think that it's possible that she's the type to look busy as either alignment because there isn't a focus on finding motive behind her suspects' words and more of a focus on watching people do things so she can draw a conclusion through the vibes she gets from their actions...Which of course makes her a difficult read.

If I squint, I can see her trying to figure you out in her own way, but it's too early for me to be sure of that when it could be as you say. I'd like to watch her for a little while in any case.
logic340 said:
@Gruffin
WyNdz:


Thoughts:
#207 - This is the correct read on me. He was just in a game where I was scum and him challenging Ruu on this read is good imo. Now he could be scum knowing I am town but the way Ruu is dancing around my read makes me feel more confident in Wyndz and togs reads on me coming from town instead of trying to lie to set up a possible mislynch (the feeling I get from Ruu). That being said eitehr could be mafia pocketing but I doubt it.
#208 - Not sure if he feigning ignorance onw hat flavor claiming is? I think Purity's take on the setup is incorrect based onthis response considering I slightly town read him and don't know what to make of Purity.
#294 - Actually Purity didn't participate in RVS either because he never does.
#299 - I cannot fault him for feeling this way because we got literally nothing out of Abu until he was voted up then he got lynched.

So I like his read on me but this can come from both sides.
I don't like the lack of presence, again can come from both sides due to irl.
The vote on Abu makes sense given their history, could be an easy place for mafia to hide at.
not sure why he left Purity off the list of people who didn't partake in RVS? This one make me wonder but not sure I will get an answer to any questions seeing as how he is replacing out.

Neutral as I could be. Not seeing any of the townie markers I defended so strongly in EEM but he doesn't have a role use to his advantage either, like we did there. Nothing overtly scummy but not seeing what I need to say he is town here.
I agree that their read can come from both sides, but it's not difficult to recognize that you are playing differently from your previous game together. I would expect something more than that if they read the thread.

They have been present somewhat, yet they've posted mostly mechanical/flavor questions instead of analysis, and both of the non-setup questions to Grapefruit aren't very...Inspired? I think the vote on Abu is a pretty safe place to vote. He's inactive, so there wouldn't be much risk provoking him and they can look like they are accomplishing something with their vote by asking someone to participate. It's the sort of play that's easy to pull off as mafia and slip through the cracks.

Edit: grammar
 
May 25, 2017 11:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 11855
@pentaflare you got me twice in that vote count (for some reason for a while i keep writing voice count instead of vote count... wonder why that is...)
 
May 25, 2017 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Gruffin said:

Why include the mafia having to deal with Purity when you've been suspecting him?
Because of the post in the spoiler below. I don't know his alignment. I am suspicious of him but less than the others. For all I know he rolled TPR again and doesn't want to die N1.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Gruffin said:
logic340 said:
@Gruffin
WyNdz:


Thoughts:
#207 - This is the correct read on me. He was just in a game where I was scum and him challenging Ruu on this read is good imo. Now he could be scum knowing I am town but the way Ruu is dancing around my read makes me feel more confident in Wyndz and togs reads on me coming from town instead of trying to lie to set up a possible mislynch (the feeling I get from Ruu). That being said eitehr could be mafia pocketing but I doubt it.
#208 - Not sure if he feigning ignorance onw hat flavor claiming is? I think Purity's take on the setup is incorrect based onthis response considering I slightly town read him and don't know what to make of Purity.
#294 - Actually Purity didn't participate in RVS either because he never does.
#299 - I cannot fault him for feeling this way because we got literally nothing out of Abu until he was voted up then he got lynched.

So I like his read on me but this can come from both sides.
I don't like the lack of presence, again can come from both sides due to irl.
The vote on Abu makes sense given their history, could be an easy place for mafia to hide at.
not sure why he left Purity off the list of people who didn't partake in RVS? This one make me wonder but not sure I will get an answer to any questions seeing as how he is replacing out.

Neutral as I could be. Not seeing any of the townie markers I defended so strongly in EEM but he doesn't have a role use to his advantage either, like we did there. Nothing overtly scummy but not seeing what I need to say he is town here.
I agree that their read can come from both sides, but it's not difficult to recognize that you are playing differently from your previous game together. I would expect something more than that if they read the thread.

They have been present somewhat, yet they've posted mostly mechanical/flavor questions instead of analysis, and both of the non-setup questions to Grapefruit aren't very...Inspired? I think the vote on Abu is a pretty safe place to vote. He's inactive, so there wouldn't be much risk provoking him and they can look like they are accomplishing something with their vote by asking someone to participate. It's the sort of play that's easy to pull off as mafia and slip through the cracks.

Edit: grammar
His play isn't inspired at all, I'd even say he's coming across as the opposite of when I saw him as town but he didn't have a ton of posts there either. To be fair it was role madness open setup and he had a very important role. So while he was more engaged there I am not sure if it had more to do with his role bringing him into the discussion or if it's an alignment thing here? Neutral not leaning town at this time.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 11855
logic340 said:
I am not saying Purity is scum here but I will say I am honestly disgusted with his play so far this game. I have really not been that aggressive and I feel like I'm about to blow up and get super aggressive which he will understand when it happens. Trying to break the game through flavor when the host said that will not be able to happen is a waste of our time and everybody that's been taking part in that needs to be looked into.
Well you're not alone on this one. Even before trying to break open the game by exploiting an unexpoloitable feature of the game i wasn't really fond of his contributions but yeh.

AbuHumaid said:
WyNdZ said:

You've barely posted at all. Reminds me of the last game where you were inactive and then flipped scum. Do I have to place my vote on you again to get your attention

Vote AbuHumaid

I'd like your thoughts on the state of the game so far

i'm having a trouble catching up as always, so give me some time

Ehm... have you... actually attempted to do so by this point in time? Don't think i've really seen anything of the sort tbh.

AbuHumaid said:
yo can someone explain what does a "flavor claim" mean?
Google is your best friend.
Use it.

Rinto-kun said:
Grapefruit21 said:
Actually I take everything back. The scum read is based on Rinto not knowing Zombies are the town. Then their flavor claim and Laby's form a dichotomy. Please read this and don't try to guess and out your role.


Realized that's exactly all this secretive business is doing and getting dono, Fo, CPurity, and kind of Togs is enough of a town block from picking up on it.

What's this dumbass logic you've got there? Didn't I hint it already enough?
Moreover, no one is gonna comment on how Lamby is playing?
Oh god i read the word logic as in the player logic. That was too funny xD

logic340 said:
CorruptedPurity said:
Also I still have 1 day+ to change my vote if host clears things out and I turn out wrong
scummy as hell imo
Completly agree with you on this one. Sounds like a bad excuse not to think too much about his current vote.

Ruu said:
logic340 said:
FoS on
aa-dono. Grapefruit1, CorruptedPurity, and Lam-B


you are suspecting people I'm townreading :/

why do you hate the flavour talk so much? CP tried to get info from Rinto using flavour, I think it was a smart move yet you seem annoyed by it...

There's a difference between getting information using flavour and trying to bust open an entire game using flavour. The first might be fruitfull, the 2nd not. Attempting the latter when you've been told it won't work in advance is just wasting time.

Rinto-kun said:
logic340 said:
@Rinto-kun What was your read on me when you said I might be Zombified?
It's a secret *^*(but I think if it's you logic, you'd get my wordplays hehe)
Townread like i said from the very beginning?
 
May 25, 2017 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 11855
Aand then one more from the same page in a seperate post because it caught my eye so much i want it to catch others' eyes as well. Somehow everybody completly ignored this:

Astros said:
Logic's aggression doesn't seem like a tell and if it is then a weak town one at that. The passive aggression of Grape at the start was more striking, but your misunderstanding of my not voting doesn't seem like an attempt to bus. Maybe a weak attempt to look for clues, but again nothing really damning.

Waaaait.... what?
You can only bus when you're both scum right? So isn't this basically you saying that you and him are scumbuddies? Is this really one of the worst slips i have ever seen in my life or am i misinterpreting something here?

Vote: Astros
 
May 25, 2017 12:23 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2859
Is anyone up for a Wyndz lynch?

I'm willing to compromise on Lamby if need be, but I think Wyndz is the way to go today.
 
May 25, 2017 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4733
Good afternoon

I woke up.. waaaaay later than I wanted too today >__< Nothing I can do about that now but looks like we have 3 hours left. At this point all of our discussion should be over who we should lynch toDay.

I will say this now, there is no way we’re lynching logic
 
May 25, 2017 1:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4733
Quick responses to tags first:

CorruptedPurity said:
Togs said:

Opinions on players atm:

{logic, CP, Grape} - They are lock town to me rn. Feel free to suspect them all you want as that will be helpful to me.

{Gruffin, Wyz, Ruu, Rintoslot} - Lean townreads, Wyz is the one I talked about the least but I liked his thinking and his tone enough to put him up here.

{wen, Fo} - Their posts seem decent to me, I just haven’t been paying attention too much and also am paranoid of their scumgames. This is a reminder to my future self if I reread this to look at them more closely.

{Grrr, Lamby, Astros} - I’ll just say this is the “unique playstyle” category, I have a hard time gleaning anything about these players without going absolutely crazy so I only feel like I’ll try to put in that effort only when it becomes really important for PoE.

Abu - I’d like to see more though, I feel a little bad for him honestly with all he has to catch up on but that’s the nature of the beast I guess, if I had to CFD onto someone right now with no suspects it would be him.

Suzu - I secretly have been bothered by her posts but I didn’t quote anything because I can’t put my finger on anything specific and also I was reading a bunch at a time. Also maybe I don’t really like where her pressure is going most out of everyone this game. Gonna try to look at her closer and compare to Scum/Town games I know of her next.


Curious on why logic is a townread and how the hell is Rinto a town lean? Wyndz also did nothing town-ish to deserve being on the townlean list. Wen is replacing dono who i believe should be a townread. Also curious about how you are going to approach Suzu...
I’ll explain why logic is definitely town below. Rinto and Wyz are not nearly as solid reads, I did explain my views on them earlier but essentially I think they sound honest and reasonable enough so chalk it up to gut. As for Suzune I’m not sure yet but I feel like trying something to read her, we’ll see if I can squeeze in it before D1 ends or not.

logic340 said:
@Togs why do you think so many have ignored your read on me? Do you find it odd that Grapefruit hasn't questioned you or Fo on your positions on me since they differ from his own?
Tbh I didn’t really actively present my read on you in a way to convince others, more just noted it down. I did this kind of intentionally because I am somewhat content to let people scumread you if you want, but at this point I guess I kind of need to stop screwing around w/r/t that.

Ruu said:
@Togs here it is ~

> Your posts look like you are trying to be active and changing your normal lurking mode which I see it as a positive thing.
> You are town reading more people than scum reading. Which for me is a townish thing to do because mafia usually tries to give some options for a mislynch early on. And having so many townreads makes it hard to try to lead a myslynch later on.
> You have fluffy posts but there are usually about asking people to poke you, give you info, etc.

This were my notes on you ^^
Ah right I forget that most of the time you’ve seen me has been lurking my butt off as scum.. I guess the townread isn’t very surprising then since I should be feeling very different from your pov.

Gruffin said:
Is anyone up for a Wyndz lynch?

I'm willing to compromise on Lamby if need be, but I think Wyndz is the way to go today.
Ok, I’ll humor you and look into what you have.
 
May 25, 2017 1:09 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2859
@Togs Here's what I've written so far. If you need more than this, I'm willing to explain further.
Gruffin said:
After some rereading, I think I like my vote here better:

Vote: Wyndz

What we've got from Wyndz is a town read on Logic, some strategy questions, a vote on a lurker, and a couple more questions over the flavor debate (299, 301) They're posting things, but I don't see any intent to gamesolve.

Going to bed now; Hope to see some responses to this when I wake up.
Gruffin said:
I agree that their read can come from both sides, but it's not difficult to recognize that you are playing differently from your previous game together. I would expect something more than that if they read the thread.

They have been present somewhat, yet they've posted mostly mechanical/flavor questions instead of analysis, and both of the non-setup questions to Grapefruit aren't very...Inspired? I think the vote on Abu is a pretty safe place to vote. He's inactive, so there wouldn't be much risk provoking him and they can look like they are accomplishing something with their vote by asking someone to participate. It's the sort of play that's easy to pull off as mafia and slip through the cracks.

Edit: grammar
 
May 25, 2017 1:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
Hey guys

vote: logic
 
May 25, 2017 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
Astros said:
Vote: No Lynch


Catching up now...
Tell me this is a joke
 
May 25, 2017 1:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
Togs said:
I will say this now, there is no way we’re lynching logic
Hrmby brmby hrmmmmmmmmm
 
May 25, 2017 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
wen294 said:
Aand then one more from the same page in a seperate post because it caught my eye so much i want it to catch others' eyes as well. Somehow everybody completly ignored this:

Astros said:
Logic's aggression doesn't seem like a tell and if it is then a weak town one at that. The passive aggression of Grape at the start was more striking, but your misunderstanding of my not voting doesn't seem like an attempt to bus. Maybe a weak attempt to look for clues, but again nothing really damning.

Waaaait.... what?
You can only bus when you're both scum right? So isn't this basically you saying that you and him are scumbuddies? Is this really one of the worst slips i have ever seen in my life or am i misinterpreting something here?

Vote: Astros
Hey wen what's your read on gruffin togs and logic?
 
May 25, 2017 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
I'm all like whens phase change @pentaflare
 
May 25, 2017 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
logic340 said:
Grapefruit21 said:
Everyone except Rinto needs to stop claiming. Would be swell if you all complied with that. I think we now have a very strong dichotomy between Wyndz and Lamby vs Rinto. I know Penta could be trying to punish us for poor setup play and trying to solve that way but this feels like we're onto something.
How did we move from this to logic is scum?
A lot can happen in 400 posts mate
 
May 25, 2017 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 15058
Fo said:
Hey guys

vote: logic
I'm going to need you to explain how your read went from I was town to now you're voting for me?
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC


 
May 25, 2017 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 4733
Why is Logic340 town ?


@CorruptedPurity @Grapefruit21 @Grrr @Laby-gaga

The basis for this reasoning is simply his aggressive playstyle he has shown this game. I’m so confident because it’s not something he has been able to replicate as scum, and he has shown it consistently throughout his posts this entire phase.

But Togs, what you mean by “aggressive” ? Surely Logic is aggressive in all of his games, after all I have seen him post giant ISO walls and push cases as scum ! He gets fired up in every game, there’s no way to tell a difference !

By AGGRESSIVE I am referring to his mindset that encompasses several things, first is his confidence in his own cases, it is very clear to me that he is proud of them because they are his own ideas and observations. As a result he is not as willing to let go of his ideas as easily (leading to the classic “logic tunnel”). This mindset shows genuine belief in the opinions that he forms and puts forward.

Second is simply emotion, genuine emotion is a pretty good towntell in general and doubly so with someone like Logic. As scum he does not focus on faking emotions, he focuses on faking effort. His scum game is marked with lots of pretend contemplations, ISOs, and general calm and coolness. His aim as scum is to be townread for “wow he is really working hard, no scum can be [i]that[/t] motivated.” And it’s true Logic is always a motivated player as either alignment, but his true passion is in playing as town, this is where his emotion leaks out. For example:

logic340 said:
FoS on
aa-dono. Grapefruit1, CorruptedPurity, and Lam-B
I doubt that all of you are scum. I doubt that two of you are. So I will ask you 4 to find a better line of play moving forward because I am not liking this flavor play BS you guys tried to pull. It's an attempt to break the game early and isn't even fun. Try some BA @CorruptedPurity.

If this continues I will replace out because you all are not making this game fun trying to break it open in the first day. Again I have faith in penta to make a game that cannot be broken in this way so if you guys mislynch town for it I will be highly upset and the fire and venom that comes of my keyboard will not be taken back. I'll risk being banned because town needs to get their shit together. For real!
Logic is very clearly feeling unfairly pressured here. Whether or not it is really unfair is up for debate, but it’s clear to me at least that he’s legitimately distressed. I never saw a reaction like this in his scum games.

And third and most importantly, is Logic’s propensity to, for lack of a better phrase, Step On Toes. This is going into my own personal opinion of Logic as a person, so bear with me, but I believe that he a respectful person who enjoys mafia as a game and appreciates the other players for playing alongside him. As such his “default state” is quite pleasant to talk to. However, this changes when he really thinks he is on to something in-game, his passion will ignite and his drive to push his case through will overwrite his normal demeanor.. in other words he can come off as abrasive and people who don’t take well to that will argue back and an ugly situation can come up, I’ve seen it several times in games with him and in fact I myself was put off in my very first game with him until I realized that it came from a genuine passion for the game.

In other words he’s like the Incredible Logical Hulk, when the passion to find scum is flowing through him he makes a transformation into someone much more aggressive. If his behavior this game rubs you the wrong way, I urge you to not respond back emotionally but think logically, he is acting how town act and more specifically he he as town has always acted. He has always been one to butt heads, but not as scum. If you don’t want to mislynch, you have to get your head in the game and keep this in mind about him.
 
Top
Pages (36) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »