Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 22, 2017 5:19 PM
Jan 2017
is the soundtrack in the time of 17:41 is the same as the one of One Piece when Whitebeard fought the Marine to rescue ACE?

https://youtu.be/pFcbe3oMoIY
hussain101May 22, 2017 7:53 PM
May 22, 2017 5:40 PM

Apr 2011
Poor Youhei and Zero. The tavern girl is cute.

Youhei seems to discover that made him save the wolf guy and go back to the castle for a rescue mission.

It's gonna be a long week waiting. If its gonna be like that, might as well wait till the series is completed. My excitement is killing me.
May 22, 2017 7:49 PM

Dec 2016
Feel sad for Mercenary being alone now but hopefully not for long.

He has plenty of beastfallen abusing their power to beat up anyway so he has something to his frustrations out on.

I wonder if the girl at the inn he helperd was a witch? Same eye colour as Zero which doesn't mean anything but I wonder anyway.

Mr Wolf thought he was so clever, luckily he had useful info he was able to use as a get out of jail/death free card.

I really like how Zero got very pissed off at Thirteen for using those trick on Mercenary.

I was like damn, Zero takes bullets for Mercenary, shows how much she cares for him.
May 22, 2017 8:45 PM
Aug 2013
Damn i wanted to see Zero crushing 13 :/
It would be too soon i think :/
May 22, 2017 9:22 PM

Sep 2015
The tavern girl was hawt. I like. She's nice too, even though she was using him. Still kind of sad he had to leave.
zcv45May 22, 2017 9:30 PM
May 22, 2017 9:30 PM

Jan 2017
look like they only adapt the first volume. hopely whitefox continue on adapting zero mahou.
May 22, 2017 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, and heavy on the drama.
I didn't expect him to be so upset after the tavern scene
May 22, 2017 11:12 PM

Sep 2011
Zero's reaction still annoys me. She knows 13 would do something like that and it's perfectly reasonable that Youhei would doubt her since he's lived almost his entire life fighting Witches. I get that she's supposed to be kind of naive but her reaction just makes her seem like an illogical dunce when she's supposed to be the "smart" one.
May 22, 2017 11:36 PM

Mar 2014
pgmhecateii said:
I wonder what the tavern girl was trying to say at the end.

according to her lips, it seems "sorry".

Zeldriss said:
look like they only adapt the first volume. hopely whitefox continue on adapting zero mahou.

this anime probably cant get a tv sequel. it sells really bad in japan. the 1st box is estimated to sell about four or five hundred copies. (2 BD&DVD boxes, 6 episodes in each.)
dengeki bunko has many novels yet to adapt. they wont spend money on something that cant sell well.
vellabrownMay 22, 2017 11:40 PM
May 22, 2017 11:46 PM
Oct 2010
vellabrown said:
pgmhecateii said:
I wonder what the tavern girl was trying to say at the end.

according to her lips, it seems "sorry".

Zeldriss said:

this anime probably cant get a tv sequel. it sells really bad in japan. the 1st box is estimated to sell about four or five hundred copies. (2 BD&DVD boxes, 6 episodes in each.)
dengeki bunko has many novels yet to adapt. they wont spend money on something that cant sell well.

Maybe if the source sales get a jump they'd be ok with it? Either way I like this show, it doesn't do anything revolutionary but it's well put together and the world is interesting enough.

I find zero's method of protecting him to be quite crazy and despite her words last episode, she really was affected greatly by the loss of her mercenary. I guess her actions said a lot more than her words did here, transferring damage from him to her is quite insane.

Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Zero's reaction still annoys me. She knows 13 would do something like that and it's perfectly reasonable that Youhei would doubt her since he's lived almost his entire life fighting Witches. I get that she's supposed to be kind of naive but her reaction just makes her seem like an illogical dunce when she's supposed to be the "smart" one.

My guess is that she has seen thirteen's handiwork so many times that it was better to let the mercenary go instead. Remember she confirmed in this episode that she KNOWS he is a fearful man, so she must also know the extent that thirteen's handiwork would have affected him.
May 23, 2017 12:36 AM

Apr 2015
Whitefox growing stronger

Step up your game KyoAnus
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 23, 2017 1:06 AM

Jan 2015
Mercenary saved by the blood pact and Zero gets it. Even so, he almost lost his "humanity" again. But that flashback come in perfect timing.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 23, 2017 1:18 AM

Apr 2015
Smudy said:
Ohhh, the constant appearance of the wolf guy got explained, he's been ordered by Sorena to protect her granddaughter. The pieces are coming together a bit.

I get the feeling wolf guy just made up this bullshit at the last second to save his ass.

May 23, 2017 2:32 AM

Jan 2017
vellabrown said:

Zeldriss said:

yeah, I got the feeling for it same like the devil part-time series. I mean the anime adaptation is not bad and we already reaching halfway of the series, and the storyline is just incredible as it proceed but it just doesnt able to grasp many viewers as other good series. anyway, where can I see the number of sales?

the tavern girl was just canon right? did not remember any scene in novel but I wanted to see more of her on next episode. Doesn't make any sense if they just end it like that, there should be redemption or she might be helping kouhei later on with the
May 23, 2017 2:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was a surprise when the arrow impact in the mercenary the hurt was do in Zero!!!
May 23, 2017 3:26 AM

Mar 2014
GD1551 said:
vellabrown said:

Maybe if the source sales get a jump they'd be ok with it? Either way I like this show, it doesn't do anything revolutionary but it's well put together and the world is interesting enough.

no, the anime adaption has little to no boost to the original novel. we cant see old volumes back to best-sales, and the recent volume sells no better than before. (volume 9: 7992 in first ten days.)

Zeldriss said:
vellabrown said:

anyway, where can I see the number of sales?

the 2 boxes on this anime goes on sale on Aug 2nd and Oct 3rd. you can follow oricon to get the latest sale volumes of books and multimedia discs in japan.
vellabrownMay 23, 2017 3:36 AM
May 23, 2017 3:32 AM

Nov 2016
Leo_10 said:
Jack_Corvus96 said:

Might be something that Zero put on him without him noticing. I can't really remember

Must have been when she was washing his back in one of the previous episodes. She was doing some circle thing with her finger.

Yep, it must have been done by her while washing his back at the beginning of episode 4. Totatlly forgot about that, but after seeing the scene again it's more than obvious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 23, 2017 6:19 AM

May 2012
This is really good episode. Best one so far
May 23, 2017 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! So this is the truth behind the covenant between Mercenary and Zero. The episode has proved to be damn interesting, I can not wait for the next to come.
May 23, 2017 7:12 AM

Dec 2015
That was a thoroughly enjoyable first half, not only did it give us another idea of how beastfallen are treated, but it was also a breath of fresh air from the constant drama rambling of Zero about "my mercenary this and my mercenary that" acting like they're best buds who've known each other for years, I'm so tired of her.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 23, 2017 8:20 AM

Apr 2016
it seems that Zero still care about the mercenary.. She took the arrow instead :( It was probably because of the contract or maybe because in the last episode she told him that she put a curse on him...
Anyway can't wait to see the next episode (i need to wait one week T_T )

May 23, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2013
Troubled Yohei makes me sad :'(
Zero taking the blow for him and wolfie connected to sorena.
May 23, 2017 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
Definitely the most interesting episode so far, with it becoming more and more clear just how much Zero cares about "her" Mercenary, what with that spell protecting him but damaging her instead. It was also interesting seeing Mercenary somewhat living up to his reputation in how he fought those witches, but it was also nice to see the other side of him at the bar dealing with those other Beastfallen.
May 23, 2017 12:00 PM

May 2011
Leo_10 said:
I liked the tavern girl. Kinda reminded me of Zero. I feel bad for what happened to her mother. A horrible experience.

Zero still cares about the mercenary even going as far to put a spell on him to protect him. I hope he saves Zero really soon.

Seeing the mercenary going berserk was kinda scary. I don't like the fact that the beastfallen in the tavern girl's flashback looks a lot like the mercenary.

I'm glad the mercenary decided to save the wolf guy even though he's so annoying.

You could understand her desperation and need to manipulate Youhei's good nature and sense of honor. You can even understand their hatred of Beastfallen. With the brutal death of their mother, and the other beastfallen acting like thugs over their business.

Still feels shitty how much it hurt Youhei. I think she understood that in the end, when even after Youhei realized he was being used, he still threw out the thug beastfallen anyways.

But the way it played out. It was creepy. You almost felt that "Zero" openness vibe about Tavern Girl in the beginning at the liquor store. Like she was almost a Zero replacement character. Only to realize that she was being completely manipulative.

In the end, you hoped the tavern girl changed in some way; maybe she'll let go of her hate; and not turn on or manipulate every "nice" Beastfallen she meets.
CirrisMay 23, 2017 12:04 PM
May 23, 2017 1:46 PM
Oct 2010
Cirris said:
Leo_10 said:
I liked the tavern girl. Kinda reminded me of Zero. I feel bad for what happened to her mother. A horrible experience.

Zero still cares about the mercenary even going as far to put a spell on him to protect him. I hope he saves Zero really soon.

Seeing the mercenary going berserk was kinda scary. I don't like the fact that the beastfallen in the tavern girl's flashback looks a lot like the mercenary.

I'm glad the mercenary decided to save the wolf guy even though he's so annoying.

You could understand her desperation and need to manipulate Youhei's good nature and sense of honor. You can even understand their hatred of Beastfallen. With the brutal death of their mother, and the other beastfallen acting like thugs over their business.

Still feels shitty how much it hurt Youhei. I think she understood that in the end, when even after Youhei realized he was being used, he still threw out the thug beastfallen anyways.

But the way it played out. It was creepy. You almost felt that "Zero" openness vibe about Tavern Girl in the beginning at the liquor store. Like she was almost a Zero replacement character. Only to realize that she was being completely manipulative.

In the end, you hoped the tavern girl changed in some way; maybe she'll let go of her hate; and not turn on or manipulate every "nice" Beastfallen she meets.

I think that was a deliberate parallel to zero to enforce Youhei's belief that friendly humans generally have ulterior motives.
May 23, 2017 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
Zeldriss said:
vellabrown said:

yeah, I got the feeling for it same like the devil part-time series. I mean the anime adaptation is not bad and we already reaching halfway of the series, and the storyline is just incredible as it proceed but it just doesnt able to grasp many viewers as other good series. anyway, where can I see the number of sales

Devil is a part timer sold really well, though... And just because BD/DVD sales don't do well =/= no sequel. They can make money off merchandise and if the books sell well.
May 23, 2017 8:44 PM

Oct 2013
Wow,that was actually really damn good. Our mercenary just doesn't know what to believe or side with anymore, with people shunning beastfallen yet seeing how some of them act gives some reasons for that too. Some witches would go for his head, while some are simply persecuted. There are really no easy answers for someone like him who just wants to be a decent person. Tbh, he'd have it easier if he'd just chose a side and stick with it,yet I get that it's hard to do because every side will make one do pretty awful things. Also, him choosing a side would just make the show way less interesting :P

May 23, 2017 10:13 PM
Apr 2017
This stupid dog is funny when he shot from its back by his underling. Still wondering why Yohei wants to eat the girl.
May 23, 2017 10:40 PM

Mar 2012
Good episode. Really like this series. Seems like one of those one-cour series that would get a season 2 announcement at the end for 2 seasons from now. Or at least I hope--I really have liked the pacing so far and think this has a lot of promise.

I think the only problem I have with the series so far is that it doesn't really tell us why Zero is so attached to Mercenary. It's rather circumstantial at this point: Zero has a pure mind, she finds Mercenary to be the same, and she likes his cooking and fur...But nothing really to the point where I think it makes sense at all for her to have bonded herself to Mercenary such that she would absorb all the damage he does? It seems especially inexplicable given that she is a rather rational person (emphasizing that she's out for her own gains) and between the two of them surely she knows that he should be the one to take up damage.

It would make sense if they shared some past or there's something else that gets revealed later. But at this point it seems a bit weird that Zero would be doing something that's akin to love.
May 23, 2017 11:53 PM

Apr 2015
zannett said:
I think the only problem I have with the series so far is that it doesn't really tell us why Zero is so attached to Mercenary.

are you really not paying attention to the subtle details? it's purely out of good will and curiosity. just as she wrote the grimoire.

May 24, 2017 2:46 AM

Jul 2016
So some kind of bond between the two.

Thirteen looked just as confused as anyone when it happened.

Who is going to end up being HIM?
May 24, 2017 3:40 AM

Dec 2013
The mercenary can't catch a break!
May 24, 2017 9:28 AM

Sep 2014
Tavern girl was really cute, can't really blame her for trying to use the Mercenary, felt bad for both of them in the end...

Whew damn, I thought Yohei was gonna kill that witch girl at the end o.O

Was surprised to see Zero got hurt by the blood pact when Yohei was attacked, I thought they didn't fully complete that pact.
May 24, 2017 1:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I feel like I haven't been paying attention. Has it been properly explained why Thirteen can match Zero? I'm aware they come from the same tribe, but I thought Zero was something special even in that group?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2017 6:58 PM

Jan 2013
It was hard to watch that moment all over again...
So that's what Zero did when Youhei was bathing... :(
I bet that 13 will do something to her, can't wait to see that moment when Youhei will return and kick his ass.
That wolf got owned again xD He never learns ahaha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 24, 2017 7:32 PM

Oct 2011
Wolf guy is back but gets owned XD
May 24, 2017 9:58 PM
Jan 2014
Great episode!
The story may be cliched but it's done right.
May 25, 2017 9:38 PM
Mar 2012
lots more characterization. Zero's naivete showing more, but still have a bond with Youhei, strange damage transfer magic or part of their contract? Cute tavern girl has that backstory & shows more distrust between people vs beasts, and Youhei feels just being used.
Shaved doggy is serious. His connection to the granddaughter seems random tho.
May 26, 2017 12:25 AM

Nov 2013
Best episode so far, we got a lot more info about the relationships between beastfallen, humans and witches, more character developmemt and the story with the tavern was really good. It seems like Youhei is going to help Zero now.
May 26, 2017 12:48 AM

May 2009
Woah, something triggers the beast side of Youhei to activate. Kowai.
This is getting better. I wonder who's Solena's granddaughter... I'm still thinking it's not Albus.

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
May 27, 2017 4:45 PM

Oct 2008
Things go heated u-p again between Zero & 13-ban!
i bet that random girl magic user is traumatized by now, since she should have been dead already thanks to Youhei controlling his rage...
so Zero really made a contract with Youhei, if Youhei knew about this, he might go for a change of mind and go back to Zero.
4/5.

May 28, 2017 1:53 PM
Nov 2015
Seems like Zero made a contract to be the one who protects Mercenary all along, not the other way around.
May 28, 2017 5:07 PM

Feb 2009
I don't like them separated like this! I need for them to come back together soon. And besides that, I want this series to go on a bit longer than it has already, it's so good!

AND LET ALBUS OUT ALREADY

May 31, 2017 7:31 AM

Apr 2015
Hmm so any damage on the mercenary gets reflected to Zero. Notlikethis =(
Jun 1, 2017 2:19 PM
Nov 2009
I think only magical damage get reflected to Zero, but we can't be sure for now, so it's just an hypothese.
Jun 4, 2017 7:00 AM

Jul 2009
And the wolf is back, and Zero got hurt, coz her contract with Mercenary stills on?
Jun 7, 2017 10:19 PM
Feb 2017
Loli_PoP said:
Interesting episode seeing Zero and Mercenary separated from each other as Mercenary continues to struggle with the fact that he's a beastfallen. I thought he had actually found someone who trusted him in the tavern girl but she was just using him in the end...sad! I don't really get how or why Zero was struck with the arrow meant for Mercenary but maybe they will elaborate next episode

Remember that bath scene where zero was washing mercenary's back? Zero drew some stuff on his back with her finger that looked like circles of some sort, that was her putting the spell on him
Jun 7, 2017 11:35 PM

Mar 2016
_Hi456 said:
Loli_PoP said:
Interesting episode seeing Zero and Mercenary separated from each other as Mercenary continues to struggle with the fact that he's a beastfallen. I thought he had actually found someone who trusted him in the tavern girl but she was just using him in the end...sad! I don't really get how or why Zero was struck with the arrow meant for Mercenary but maybe they will elaborate next episode

Remember that bath scene where zero was washing mercenary's back? Zero drew some stuff on his back with her finger that looked like circles of some sort, that was her putting the spell on him

Now that you mention it I do remember that...that all makes more sense now!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 3, 2017 6:01 PM

Dec 2016
Bro I CANT FUCKING WAIT TIL MERCENARY GOES FULL BEASTFALLEN ON SOMEONE, FUCK THAT SHIT GONNA BE LITTY
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 12, 2017 9:39 AM

Aug 2016
What a great episode. I'm glas that Youhei spared the girl :)
Nanika ga Okashii
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2017

150 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2017

64 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 2, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2017

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2017

89 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2017

113 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 1, 9:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.