Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
Should' Koe no Katachi' get a seperate TV series
May 22, 2017 6:48 AM
Sep 2016
The movie is amazing and it exceeded my expectations a little bit which are usually too much. It was beautiful and all but i think that this should get a reboot as a TV series for two reasons. One being the cut out parts from the manga and the other as a 'We want more' thing
May 22, 2017 6:53 AM

Oct 2016
I think the movie has already adapted the manga perfectly. I would be scared if they make it into a series and mess it up halfway >.<

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 22, 2017 7:00 AM
Apr 2016
No it should since the animation film is a complete deal and needs no further development.
Re:formed
May 22, 2017 9:55 AM

Jan 2013
Yes for sure! Short anime series would be waay better.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 25, 2017 2:22 PM

Feb 2014
There wouldn't be a movie if this was an option. Sadly it wasn't. Imo it almost got an SNO treatment, cept I guess a lotta ppl enjoyed this one cuz KyoAni

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
May 25, 2017 8:19 PM

Oct 2016
is there any movie that has been rebooted to a TV series?
May 25, 2017 8:20 PM

Aug 2016
iLya said:
I think the movie has already adapted the manga perfectly. I would be scared if they make it into a series and mess it up halfway >.<

There's a lot of missing important scenes though...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 26, 2017 12:13 PM
Aug 2015
My "fanboying" side wants it to get a TV series because it wants more of the anime. But my "technical" side thinks otherwise, because the movie covered it perfectly. And, I don't know if there's enough content for it to get a tv series reboot.
What a dilemma.
May 27, 2017 11:07 AM

May 2015
Do this need to be rebooted as a TV series? Not really... what’s done is done. Plus, I don’t see why anyone would be interested to invest in a reboot of this at this point.

iLya said:

It’s good that you enjoyed it, but saying that this was adapted perfectly would be far-fetched...

You cannot believe that they adapt this perfectly by jamming 7 volumes (62 chapters) of content into a mere 2 hr. movie. You do that and you’re bound to exclude a lot of content; content that made the source much greater.

Again, I’m glad people like it, but saying that this is better off as a movie than a 11-13 episodes series is just delusional.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
May 27, 2017 11:27 AM

Jan 2017
it shroud not the movie is great the acing is great if it become an anime it will just become a boring shit to and will lose everything that make it special
May 27, 2017 11:48 AM
May 2015
As someone who only watched the movie and has no idea what the source material contains...It shouldn't get a reboot because the movie is perfect and the pacing didn't feel rushed.

If this were to get a TV series, I can already imagine the pacing feeling completely completely dragged out and the emotional impact is not going to be the same. Technical standpoint, cinematogrophy is most likely going to be mediocre since it's a TV series and that's one of my reasons why I loved the movie.

May 27, 2017 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
I am hoping they would add "Romance" since that is what it really lacked
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2017 7:16 PM
Nov 2015
Definitely would like it to be rebooted as a TV series. Seeing some of the scenes that are included in the film making arc
, seeing Nishimiya and Yuzuru's backstory would be great, or having the side cast developed more would be great, to be honest.

That being said, I have a very high opinion of the movie. Considering the job they had to do, they adapted it perfectly (though again, would've preferred to see Nishimiya's backstory too) and I really, really liked what the director did in the film, and idk if the director would also be working on the TV series if it were to happen. Some added plot elements in the movie were great, too? I liked
May 27, 2017 7:38 PM
Sep 2015
It should have been a TV series from the beginning. The movie lacked of almost everything that made Koe no Katachi manga special (I already wrote the review). An anime for one season could easily be great.
May 27, 2017 7:46 PM
Jul 2016
The movie is amazing and I wouldn't mind having a series about it just for the sake of seeing it once more with even more character development
May 28, 2017 12:50 AM
Jan 2013
I think that it should have TV series, however, at the same time, I do not think they should.

I would love to see a TV series because they could go into more detail, and develop the characters more and put some damn romance in there. That was the one thing I did not like, the trailer made me think that there would be a lot of romance between them, however they kinda did it into the friend zone way.

At the same time, not only do I think it would be really hard, since the movie already came out, but I feel it would have some issues with dragging on. I play to read the manga now after seeing it, but if they made it into a TV series, I think that it would not be as powerful of a statement as the movie was with learning to listen. The development could use some more time in my opinion, but keeping people entertained and not board is a fine line.

I think for this, an OVA would do wonders. Like Shouya and Shouko as a couple/married coming back to a school reunion or something. That would please me with the lack of freaking romance lol. None the less, was amazing to finally see this.
May 28, 2017 1:09 AM

Jun 2012
As long as the grand animation wouldn't drop quality, why not.

For the record, I had only watched it for that reason. Suicidal characters aren't my game.
May 28, 2017 4:59 AM

May 2015
Renaultclio101 said:

That was never really the point of the series to begin with.

May 28, 2017 5:09 AM

Jul 2013
Kittens-kun said:
Renaultclio101 said:

Yeah I know but I would like to see some romance development
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2017 5:16 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah no. Doesn't need one. I can already imagine all the bitching about the deteriorated art and animation
May 28, 2017 5:59 AM
Apr 2016
jc9622 said:
As someone who only watched the movie and has no idea what the source material contains...It shouldn't get a reboot because the movie is perfect and the pacing didn't feel rushed.

If this were to get a TV series, I can already imagine the pacing feeling completely completely dragged out and the emotional impact is not going to be the same. Technical standpoint, cinematogrophy is most likely going to be mediocre since it's a TV series and that's one of my reasons why I loved the movie.

I had similar opinions when I only watched the movie, I felt the movie pacing was fine. Then I read the manga and saw a lot of flaws in the movie. Now I hope for a TV reboot in the future. You say you imagine the TV/manga's pacing feeling dragged out and emotional impact is not going to be the same, and I can understand where you're coming from but I believe you will change your mind if you ever read the manga.

The manga's pacing definitely felt more natural and I believe the emotional impact was greater in several scenes (including those not shown in the movie), simply because you will understand the characters better. I recommend you read the manga if you ever get the chance.
May 28, 2017 7:49 AM

Jul 2009
Used to think it should, but the movie made me realize that the manga is probably too short to be made into a decent TV series anyway.
May 28, 2017 9:20 AM

May 2013
God I sure hope not
May 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Apr 2017
the movie is already enough but why not? who wouldn't want additions? lol

still life: pink roses
May 28, 2017 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
Absolutely not. I dont want to see that shit ending from manga as anime
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Asdedix147&sclick=1]
May 28, 2017 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
Kittens-kun said:
Renaultclio101 said:

And that killed this series. The lack of romance caused this title to end without any good event.
May 28, 2017 11:12 AM

Dec 2015
I don't think it needs one, but I'd sure as heck watch it if they made one. They realistically shouldn't and won't, but now my interest has been piqued and I want one and fuck you for doing that to me :( :(
May 29, 2017 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
How about another reboot of TV series BUT in Nishimiya viewpoint of story....she will be the main character (besides Ishida), the story focus more on her, and we can understand more of her feeling and thoughts (through narrative words inside her heart, and of course, the sign language and her notes)....

This can be original side-story of KnK, and the questions inside the movie can be answer in this with some adding scene of the manga.....maybe 1-cour series or just can be 3-4 episodes of OVA??
(I got this idea on how recently-aired Sword Oratoria and original Danmachi works....also Orange: Mirai with its series)
MrBluebearMay 29, 2017 12:13 PM
May 29, 2017 2:09 PM

Feb 2015
Asdedix147 said:
Kittens-kun said:

And that killed this series. The lack of romance caused this title to end without any good event.

If you think the story ended "without any good event" then you truly did miss the entire point of the film and the story. There was absolutely a "good event," it was the main character finding redemption and teaching not only himself but Shoko to love herself despite their past struggles. Having a romance would have totally undermined the film's intentions and made Shoya off to be some scummy guy and not a lost soul that desperately wanted to heal old wounds. Maybe they could form a romance at some later point, there are certainly minor hints to blossoming emotions, but that wasn't the story they were telling here. The people who constantly bitch about wanting these anime films like this and Your Name to have cliched and schmaltzy endings that always end with the characters kissing or some trite shit like that always come off as so naive and narrow-minded in how the world actually works. Not every film with a male and female lead automatically needs to have some half-assed romance subplot shoehorned into it.
JoshimatsooMay 29, 2017 2:13 PM
May 29, 2017 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
AnimEva said:
Asdedix147 said:

If you think the story ended "without any good event" then you truly did miss the entire point of the film and the story. There was absolutely a "good event," it was the main character finding redemption and teaching not only himself but Shoko to love herself despite their past struggles. Having a romance would have totally undermined the film's intentions and made Shoya off to be some scummy guy and not a lost soul that desperately wanted to heal old wounds. Maybe they could form a romance at some later point, there are certainly minor hints to blossoming emotions, but that wasn't the story they were telling here. The people who constantly bitch about wanting these anime films like this and Your Name to have cliched and schmaltzy endings that always end with the characters kissing or some trite shit like that always come off as so naive and narrow-minded in how the world actually works. Not every film with a male and female lead automatically needs to have some half-assed romance subplot shoehorned into it.

When I said "series" I meant the manga
May 29, 2017 6:04 PM
Apr 2016
AnimEva said:
Asdedix147 said:

I completely agree with this person who took the words out of my mouth. Romance wasn't the main point in this series, it was about Shouya's redemption and Shouko accepting/loving herself despite her disability. I too am tired and disgusted by people bitching about lack of romance, love confessions, kissing, etc in animes/mangas like this. IMO, these kind of people are blinded and deluded with naive fantasy of what they want, and fail to recognize life's reality (or at least a more realistic resolution) and often the message the creator is trying to get across.
rs_yatagarasuMay 29, 2017 6:11 PM
May 30, 2017 1:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
If it had been a 1-cour TV-series in the first place I think that would've been better. But I don't think the movie was so bad as to require a full reboot of it either
May 30, 2017 4:06 AM

Apr 2009
rs_yatagarasu said:
AnimEva said:

I completely agree with this person who took the words out of my mouth. Romance wasn't the main point in this series, it was about Shouya's redemption and Shouko accepting/loving herself despite her disability. I too am tired and disgusted by people bitching about lack of romance, love confessions, kissing, etc in animes/mangas like this. IMO, these kind of people are blinded and deluded with naive fantasy of what they want, and fail to recognize life's reality (or at least a more realistic resolution) and often the message the creator is trying to get across.

100000x this! I'm so tired of ppl complaining about the lack of romance. "Oh, I wish they kissed at the end". "I want them to hug!". "Are they ending up together?"
Romance is so overrated, ppl want romance everywhere even if the story is not suited for it, they ignore a much more important lesson in KnK and only care about whether they end up together. It's so tiring. If this were a story about a sibling, like two brothesr or sisters I doubt that these ppl would even care to watch it. I don't say that romance is generally bad or such, but watch the show for what it is, for heaven's sake! It's like they only care about the story and the characters when they are romantically linked.
May 30, 2017 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
I was thinking the same thing for Your Name after I finished watching. I guess TV format can be possibly 12 episodes with some filler for character developement.. and in this way, I guess some critics could calm down.
May 30, 2017 9:06 AM

Mar 2009
At most it should get at least an OVA to conclude the story. The movie managed to cover the manga very well and as a TV show it would only drag the story.
Aug 21, 2018 1:45 AM
Aug 2018
I think they should just add a couple of episodes showing how they started dating, I just want 100% proof that they get together and that they are happy. I see a lot of people are against it because they are sick of people wanting a romantic end, or a kiss, or a hug but the reason we want it is because she tries to say I love you in the film and we just want it to play out
Aug 21, 2018 2:26 AM
Sep 2016
Cjakarin said:

*Cough* Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works
Aug 24, 2018 5:09 AM

Apr 2017
No, that's an incredibly dumb idea. This movie allowed for a higher budget and higher quality than a series ever would. No way a series would be anything but worse.
Oct 20, 2018 11:54 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I'd love a tv series for this manga not because the movie didn't quench my interest or anything but because I'll always be down for more of this masterpiece story!

A 10-Episode tv series would be ideal, in my opinion. Please, Kyoto Animation!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 19, 2019 1:22 PM
May 2018
Voldo said:
No, that's an incredibly dumb idea. This movie allowed for a higher budget and higher quality than a series ever would. No way a series would be anything but worse.

No offense, but you couldn't say something more stupid than that.
Plenty anime series are way better than anime movies. Don't get me wrong, Koe no Katachi is beautiful. But KyoAni themselves already made far superior visuals in their anime series. Violet Evergarden, to name only one. Hell, Clannad, despite being almost 10 years older, has far better visuals as well.

Anyway, I didn't read the manga, but I still felt the fact that the story was butchered. Two hours was definitely way too short for what it had to offer.
A short series would have allowed for better chara-development, better explanations, and better pace. The movie is incredible, but it does rush important parts while spending time on pointless stuff.
Dante012Feb 19, 2019 1:26 PM
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Feb 19, 2019 1:28 PM

Apr 2017
Dante012 said:
No offense, but you couldn't say something more stupid than that.

Your post is the stupid one.

Dante012 said:
Plenty anime series are way better than anime movies.

I never claimed anything different.
Mar 8, 2019 1:06 AM
Oct 2016
Why would it? I loved the movie and that's it.
Apr 23, 2019 9:06 PM
Nov 2011
If they did I would watch it. It might give a chance to flesh out the cast a bit more and deal with other lingering questions.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Mar 31, 2020 12:38 PM
Mar 2020
Yes because it would be awesome but only for the English dub if they can get a deaf actress to voice Shouko since Shouko is deaf.
May 17, 2020 1:46 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I might be late, but i really hope this show can extend some of the next story part line. Because the great end scenes must be open enough to get some movement to the storyline once more. Maybe a TV series shall be good to mee like this thread. Or another movie? An OVA? Call the studio to realise that shit to happen!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 29, 2021 7:17 PM
Dec 2017
please god no both the manga and anime was cancer as it is.

Nov 6, 2023 10:38 PM

Jan 2010
Reply to Cjakarin
@Cjakarin Yep, I can think of 2:

Space Adventure Cobra (the film, which came out first), and the 31 episodes TV show (which came out a few months after the film). I think the TV shows does it better for Space Adventure Cobra then the movie.

Also there's Demon Slayer's Mugen Train Arc which was a film first, then a 7 episode season 2 TV series after that. I think there were other but I can't think of it on top of my head.

But I do agree with people that watch the movie and read the manga and some observers that A Silent Voice may work better as a TV show then as a film.

So I wouldn't mind if a Silent Voice get a anime TV shows, I mean why not we already saw Space Adventure Cobra did that back in 1982, and Demon Slayer did this in 2020.

And since speaking of Kyoto Animation, did you know both Air and Clannad have film adaptation made after TV series (actually, Clannad: The Motion Picture came out before Clannad: After Story was made) and both were done by Toei Animation and not Kyoto Animation?
mdo7Nov 6, 2023 10:59 PM

More topics from this board

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

258 by kaycooo »»
Apr 20, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihon_no_tsuki - Sep 21, 2016

700 by Morragan »»
Apr 4, 5:29 PM

» Ueno and miki (Spoiler)

Gilbertaxel17 - Jan 14

17 by Marianolove_55 »»
Mar 16, 9:39 AM

» Sharing Whispers with Shoko - Moments that Made Us Fee

Sad-Life - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Aryan422 »»
Jan 2, 9:21 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.