Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2017 9:17 AM
Oct 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm surprised no one has made a thread for this chapter yet, you can read it for free officially on Viz's website, since they recently caught up to the latest chapters they post their translation only a few days after it comes out.

Anyway it was an alright chapter, I like the revelation of Trunks having healing powers which explains Mai's miraculous recovery early on in the arc and the fight with Zamasu using portals to punch them was entertaining.
May 20, 2017 9:40 AM

Jul 2016
Future Trunks have an healing ability sound a bit dumb but oh well.... at least it is explained how Mai and Gowasu is still alive even through in the previous chapters both of them are nearly dead.

Seriously the concept of MSSB was nice but the way Toyotaro explain it so stupid and make completely no sense; how is Goku able to mastered? Why Vegeta literally trained in RoSaT for 3 years and it still can't mastered it other than able to continuous transformed into SSJ God and SSB back and back? How is MSSB are ABLE on par against Fusion Zamasu? (I know Fusion Zamasu here is way weaker than the anime but still...) Why MSSB still having a stamina issue even through it is mastered version of SSB (And having his body injure if keep using the form for a long time). Basically MSSB was a SSB Kaioken without the aura and nothing special (Hell I perfer Toei SSB more than this one even through Toei making the form weak as f**k), even SSJ Rage was make WAY more sense than MSSB did. (At least the form was came through anger and making Trunks very angry)

Other than that, the whole chapter was ok. I really like how Zamasu using Janenba's portal attack against both Goku and Vegeta. But still maybe this chapter was one of the worst Super manga chapter ever because of the whole MSSB thing was make way no sense than SSJ Rage or Trunks learned Mafuban for 3 second does. (At least in my opinion)
May 21, 2017 12:17 AM
Aug 2015
Again I have mixed feelings about this chapter. On one hand I really liked the idea of Trunks becoming the apprentice of the Supreme Kai and having healing powers, but the Mastered SSB seems really meh. It just feels so dumb when Toei SSB is already perfect and could do what MSSB could do from the start. MSSB is an alternative to Kaio-Ken SSB, which personally made more sense to me. Also Goku standing up to Fuzion Zamasu just like that seems just BS (even if he looks really cool while fighting)

I likes Zamasu's portal attacks though. Toyotaro seems to be giving him one new attack per chapter. First metal blocks, now this I wonder what attack will he gain in chapter 25 xD
May 21, 2017 1:54 PM

Jul 2016
I'm really not liking this, since Trunks becoming a disciple only open more questions than giving answers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2017 2:35 PM
Oct 2008
What's that, Vegeta jobbing and Goku's dick is being ridden harder than ever?

This is new and original.
May 21, 2017 7:10 PM

Jan 2009
wut i thought those that are real gods like Zamasu cannot undo the fusion done by potara rings? maybe because Goku Black have a mortal body thats why the fusion has a time limit too? but nice to see that Super Saiyan Blue is perfected by Goku now, so he does not need to go Kaioken too like in the anime

EDIT:

never mind since earlier chapters says that you need Kaioshin level to make the potara fusion permanent and Zamasu is only an apprentice Kaioshin
degMay 21, 2017 7:48 PM
May 21, 2017 8:55 PM

Jul 2016
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like the wait until the next chapter is directly proportional to how good the last chapter was. Chapter 22 was great, so the wait for Chapter 23 was painful. Chapter 23 was disappointing, so the wait for Chapter 24 wasn't that bad. Now Chapter 24 was great again, so another agonizing wait until Chapter 25?

It was a pretty great chapter, too. The reveal that Trunks as a Kaioshin's apprentice can use Kibito's healing magic was great. Actually, it makes me wonder, does this mean Gohan can do it too? And if so, would that make Gohan and Trunks divine beings, and thus capable of going Super Saiyan Rosé? Something to think about.

Goku figuring out a new way to use Super Saiyan Blue! It curbs the stamina drain, but comes with a greater cost of potentially killing him. That's a neat way to raise Goku's power while still keeping the stakes high, but it's definitely starting to feel like Super Saiyan Blue is more trouble than it's worth. Wouldn't be surprised if in the next arc, Goku and Vegeta pull out new forms.
May 22, 2017 6:12 AM

Mar 2009
qwertyMrJINX said:
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like the wait until the next chapter is directly proportional to how good the last chapter was. Chapter 22 was great, so the wait for Chapter 23 was painful. Chapter 23 was disappointing, so the wait for Chapter 24 wasn't that bad. Now Chapter 24 was great again, so another agonizing wait until Chapter 25?

It was a pretty great chapter, too. The reveal that Trunks as a Kaioshin's apprentice can use Kibito's healing magic was great. Actually, it makes me wonder, does this mean Gohan can do it too? And if so, would that make Gohan and Trunks divine beings, and thus capable of going Super Saiyan Rosé? Something to think about.

Goku figuring out a new way to use Super Saiyan Blue! It curbs the stamina drain, but comes with a greater cost of potentially killing him. That's a neat way to raise Goku's power while still keeping the stakes high, but it's definitely starting to feel like Super Saiyan Blue is more trouble than it's worth. Wouldn't be surprised if in the next arc, Goku and Vegeta pull out new forms.

Nice idea with Gohan also being an apprentice, back then he might have failed to finish the ritual and rushed into fight with Buu. He was unable to transform into SSJ while Trunks has no problem with it and is even stronger than SSJ3 Goku. Hope he is an apprentice so he can be part of the cast once more. Then again the old man dance could have been a different kind of ritual that had nothing to do with apprenticeship.

So we have Gohan who undergo some kind of ritual and this locked SSJ transformation but made him super strong, and we have Trunks who became Kaioshin apprentice. Did it make him stronger or did he just train and perfected it to the limit? He was able to compete with SSJ3 Goku in his SSJ form.

If Gohan and Trunks ever reach SSRose or MSSB will they be able to constantly heal themselves and therefore become stronger than Goku and Vegeta?

Since Vegeta gave in depth explanation of what Goku turned into then he can also do it right? Same thing when Goku pointed out Vegeta constant switching between SSR and SSB. They both explore different routes in never ending race for power. Right now Goku could loose to Vegeta even if MSSB is stronger.

Will Goku and Vegeta ever recover their tails? Have we ever seen Goten and young Trunks have tail? This could lead to some different kind of development and whole new set of transformations.
May 22, 2017 7:48 PM

Jul 2016
SleepnDreamn said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

Nice idea with Gohan also being an apprentice, back then he might have failed to finish the ritual and rushed into fight with Buu. He was unable to transform into SSJ while Trunks has no problem with it and is even stronger than SSJ3 Goku. Hope he is an apprentice so he can be part of the cast once more. Then again the old man dance could have been a different kind of ritual that had nothing to do with apprenticeship.

So we have Gohan who undergo some kind of ritual and this locked SSJ transformation but made him super strong, and we have Trunks who became Kaioshin apprentice. Did it make him stronger or did he just train and perfected it to the limit? He was able to compete with SSJ3 Goku in his SSJ form.

If Gohan and Trunks ever reach SSRose or MSSB will they be able to constantly heal themselves and therefore become stronger than Goku and Vegeta?

Since Vegeta gave in depth explanation of what Goku turned into then he can also do it right? Same thing when Goku pointed out Vegeta constant switching between SSR and SSB. They both explore different routes in never ending race for power. Right now Goku could loose to Vegeta even if MSSB is stronger.

Will Goku and Vegeta ever recover their tails? Have we ever seen Goten and young Trunks have tail? This could lead to some different kind of development and whole new set of transformations.

Well, Trunks only mentioned the dance, while Gohan had to go through the dance, and then he had to wait while the Elder Kaioshin sat in front of him with his arms out. So, perhaps being an apprentice was a pre-requisite for unlocking potential, and only the sitting part was the actual potential unlocking.
May 22, 2017 8:08 PM

Jan 2009
qwertyMrJINX said:

Well, Trunks only mentioned the dance, while Gohan had to go through the dance, and then he had to wait while the Elder Kaioshin sat in front of him with his arms out. So, perhaps being an apprentice was a pre-requisite for unlocking potential, and only the sitting part was the actual potential unlocking.

is it the same dance ritual though? the dance ritual for Gohan was to unleash his full potential (Mystic/Ultimate Gohan) but Trunks dance ritual seems to be different and its for being a apprentice kaioshin
Jun 1, 2017 3:19 AM
Jun 2017
j0x said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

is it the same dance ritual though? the dance ritual for Gohan was to unleash his full potential (Mystic/Ultimate Gohan) but Trunks dance ritual seems to be different and its for being a apprentice kaioshin
I would love to think it was the same ritual. This means that trunks can transform to mystic/Ultimate Trunks here in the manga and be the one to End Fused Zamasu just like in the Anime. What do you think?
Jun 1, 2017 3:32 AM

Jan 2009
chitosony3 said:
j0x said:

I would love to think it was the same ritual. This means that trunks can transform to mystic/Ultimate Trunks here in the manga and be the one to End Fused Zamasu just like in the Anime. What do you think?

if its the same dance ritual then Gowasu and Shin should have mention it to Trunks so that he can go Mystic/Ultimate form and help Goku and Vegeta right there
Jun 27, 2017 5:50 PM

Jan 2016
Fused Zamasu displayed an interesting technique here which are the portal attacks, something not seen since Janemba in DBverse.
THANKS SENPIEX
Nov 24, 2017 10:36 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't like how Vegeta admitted that Goku was stronger. Vegeta is training way more than Goku, he should already be more powerful.

But seeing Goku fighting with Fused Zamatsu was really cool, loved the SSJB 100%. I hope they don't use the Trunks Genki Dama-sword like in the anime, i didn't like that.
Jul 1, 2020 7:34 PM

Aug 2012
Another solid chapter. I really like Trunks having the healing power, it's a more natural way to give him importance in this arc, and it makes sense knowing his backstory with Supreme Kai & Kibito (helps that we got a longer look at it's backstory), plus it helps explain Mai and Gowasu's survival a lot better. I don't mind the changes with SSJ Blue either, the manga already made a great deal about how draining the form is, it's why Vegeta did so poorly against Hit here and why he needed to develop that transformation technique, so it makes sense for me here.

I also like that Fused Zamasu is fighting with portals, it's a lot more visually interesting and previously, Zamasu's fighting abilities in the manga have been pretty boring in comparison to the anime, which had some cool designs to them. This helps alleviate that.
Oct 2, 2021 1:28 AM
Sep 2020
Honestly the execution of these chapters is pretty meh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 90 Discussion

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2023

18 by Marloges »»
Apr 16, 12:58 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 89 Discussion

krejola - Jan 19, 2023

18 by Marloges »»
Apr 15, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 88 Discussion

deg - Dec 20, 2022

28 by Marloges »»
Apr 15, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 87 Discussion

Silvering - Aug 19, 2022

38 by Marloges »»
Apr 12, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Chapter 86 Discussion

IrishCoffee_01 - Jul 20, 2022

30 by Marloges »»
Apr 12, 11:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.