Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 20, 2017 8:39 PM

Dec 2016
Tbh he shouldve just taken her up on her offer bc everyone would be happy that way except Elf maybe. He and Sagiri would be able to like the same way forever and Muramasa would get to be with him and read all his novels and he would continue to write. Him turning her down for Sagiri is so stupid she is just a spoiled little brat.

Anyway I think Megumi is best girl. Shes a little cutie and is hilarious. Muramasa is selfish, Elf is spoiled and snotty, and Sagiri is spoiled annoying and controlling. So ya Megumi ftw
May 20, 2017 8:45 PM

Jul 2015
Some intense training he went through for that competition, and ummm... she joined the harem pretty quickly. In other news, they figured out how to get through the head of one of the most dense idiots on the planet quickly and very effectively.

But ummm... I'm having war flashbacks of a brother turning down other girls so that he could propose to his little sister... and forever taint Christmas.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 20, 2017 9:31 PM

Aug 2015
I cringed. The whole time I think.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

May 20, 2017 10:03 PM
Jan 2012
that title... the siscon is strong in this one!
May 20, 2017 10:17 PM

Apr 2010
The only reaction I have for that episode: Wat.
antonnMay 20, 2017 10:22 PM
May 20, 2017 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
Fast-paced, I think.

Suddenly, Muramasa being from bitchy going dere-dere real quick. confessed already?
May 20, 2017 10:36 PM

Sep 2013
incest wincest..
May 20, 2017 11:20 PM

May 2016
UrbanJahts said:
I'm really enjoying this series so far!!! Sadly my friends say it's trash but I don't care!

@rdgd95 you were right... i just needed some time to warm up to Senju! But the brat still didn't go outside! I wonder why Senjus story didn't make the qualifications? Did she write too much or too little... the world will never know!
She write way too much
She write a 120+ page story but the maximum page limit for the contest is only 60 pages.
May 20, 2017 11:37 PM

Nov 2016
So, Muramasa instantly rejected... I think it's too fast, but okay, let's see what happen next. And for Elf, ganbatte! :D
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
May 20, 2017 11:44 PM

Aug 2013
Muramasa's nice side was too good. Had the blow not been softened by how much of a bitch she was in her introduction, I would've handed her the best girl card no contest.

Idk, people are calling her Neko alt. Idk, maybe a little bit with the confession scene being fast, because that was similar. I would've compared her a bit more to Ayase (best girl) because of those little almost yandere like actions.

I think they're both kind of mix really.

Elf = Neko's fashion, anime/manga obsession, obviously in love with MC because of the wifey tendencies. But, she also has Ayase's "put her foot down" moments, and also goes full wife mode all the time like Ayase did for Kyousuke in his apartment.

Senju = Closer to Neko with the overall nice attitude and the moe moments, but also has that yandere like side similar to Ayase.

Tomoe basically seems to be a carbon copy of the childhood friend from OreImo that nobody gave a shit about. Like scary similar. Might as well be the same person.

Megumin...is, well she's her own animal. Wasn't really a character similar to her. She's the nice popular school girl everybody is supposed to love, and it turns out she's as sheltered and innocent as all the other girls her age. And because she acts like she has a bachelors degree in penis, yet becomes super embarrassed at anything even slightly ecchi, her route would probably end with her being a massive pervert. That's her role: the hidden pervert. Nearly passes out from embarrassment from having her panties pulled down while blindfolded; would end up going along with anything your mind could think of as long as you didn't give her a choice...and end up liking it.
May 20, 2017 11:46 PM

Aug 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Why do I feel like they rushed the fook out of this plotline?
And if Muramasa first started writing as a stop gap to reading Masamune's first novels, then why would she be the senpai? They didn't properly explain it all.

No, she first started writing because the editor said it would stop her parents from nagging her if she was doing something all day that was also making money. Then after she kept writing them, she said she was doing it for herself because no books in stores had stories she thought were interesting; only the ones she came up with herself kept her entertained.

She's the senpai because she was writing before he even came along. His writing influenced her later down the road.
May 21, 2017 12:01 AM

May 2012
My 2 cents...

I dont see the Kuroneko comparisons at all and I was on ship Ayase.

Its setup from the get go for a Sagiri win, but technically speaking a rejection this early is not a definitive ship sinking.

For the people saying the episode was rushed, I think it was paced quickly but honestly incredibly well. With the way so many adaptations are these days I dont mind a few things being rushed if we could possibly get a full or near complete adaptation and if that means a few things are rushed so be it. I think another 12-13 episode season is the most we will see. Maybe next months Blu-ray sales will change things.

Seriously though, I thought this episode was paced incredibly well. Sagiris scene was great and was worth the build up all this time IMO. Best episode so far for me.

Also Elf vs Sagiri is far more interesting and hard to choose then Kirino vs Kuroneko imo. Im sure someone who read the novels could shoot me down instantly but for now im not going to read them and hope for an epic Elf vs Sagiri showdown :P
May 21, 2017 12:25 AM
Jul 2015
Fk the harem shit!! It just escalated quickly from enemy to his lover the next minute
May 21, 2017 12:33 AM
Dec 2012
Damn the pacing was a bit fast lmao
May 21, 2017 1:34 AM

Jun 2013
why are all the girls in this anime weird
May 21, 2017 1:45 AM

Mar 2013
Is it just me or the confessions in this anime are pretty nonchalant? They all lack the impact ._.

Anyways, CORNY episode. Yeah, caps were necessary to show my frustration. I cringed hard.
May 21, 2017 2:48 AM

Jul 2015
I don't get how Muramase is best girl.

MC knew her for less than a week, and she just confesses to him, it's really stupid.
May 21, 2017 2:58 AM

Jul 2013
_Ako_ said:
Illyricus said:
It seems the harem is forming itself quicker than in Oreimo... and the girls are also being rejected quicker, lmao.

I agree... Probably because this series wouldn't receive another anime adaptation... :/
Thinking things that way... pretty much.
May 21, 2017 3:44 AM

Apr 2017
The cute side of Muramasa xD

and finally we got to see Sagiri going outside of her bedroom PROGRESS!!

May 21, 2017 4:05 AM
Sep 2016
Am I the only one who kept thinking of the swords ever since they introduced Muramasa?

UrbanJahts said:
I'm really enjoying this series so far!!! Sadly my friends say it's trash but I don't care!

@rdgd95 you were right... i just needed some time to warm up to Senju! But the brat still didn't go outside! I wonder why Senjus story didn't make the qualifications? Did she write too much or too little... the world will never know!

Like Elf said she wrote twice the length's limit.
May 21, 2017 5:51 AM

May 2009
So Sagiri was drawing something about the "Adventure of Masamune" when she was younger, eh.

May 21, 2017 6:14 AM

May 2016
When Sagiri get out from her room you know shit is going to happen
May 21, 2017 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Kuroneko loses again. smh Jesus lord. At least Sagiri had a pretty solid scene when she cam eout of her room. That was unexpected.

She's still way better then that Dumpster Fire that is Kirino
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 21, 2017 6:44 AM

Nov 2011
I think that Muramasa's entry into the story could be better exploited. Not very convincing also certain situations, interesting because they make narrative varied, but a little forced. The end has a certain déjà vu, that I hoped would not happen, oh well!
May 21, 2017 7:23 AM

Feb 2015
Illyricus said:
_Ako_ said:

I agree... Probably because this series wouldn't receive another anime adaptation... :/
Thinking things that way... pretty much.

I wish they give more screen time to Muramasa, keep the harem flowing... :/

Also... she reminded me of Ruri... :/

May 21, 2017 7:29 AM

May 2017
murasama was too unrealistic this episode, i just thought "they did it again"
May 21, 2017 7:32 AM

Feb 2014
Muramasa was enjoyable to watch, both her cute and yandere sides. Apart from the hair colour, I don't get why people are comparing her to Kuroneko though. =/

But it was surprising that she didn't win the competition. She probably did that deliberately so that Masamune could win and release his next work in September.

Sagiri was brave to come out of her room and defend her brother. That should give her the courage to come out of her more often now, hopefully. =)

Great episode once again.
May 21, 2017 7:36 AM
Mar 2016
Why didn't Senju get disqualified in entering the contest? I hope they have the patch that plothole, at least in the LN.
The best reason I can think of is that Kagurazaka used her powers the same way she used her powers to enter Masamune to the competition.
cooking4senpai said:
murasama was too unrealistic this episode, i just thought "they did it again"
I thought the same way. But I'm not sure on how unrealistic she is, so I'll rewatch the episode to make sure. But she liking Masamune's battle LNs and liking Masamune himself is very unrealistic.
Woodfall said:
Tbh he shouldve just taken her up on her offer bc everyone would be happy that way except Elf maybe. He and Sagiri would be able to like the same way forever and Muramasa would get to be with him and read all his novels and he would continue to write. Him turning her down for Sagiri is so stupid she is just a spoiled little brat.
Surely it's a nice offer, but Masamune and Sagiri are idealistic (you may like it or not) about publishing that imouto LN.
Actually, Masamune has a point about rejecting her offer. Masamune said that if Senju really is a fan of Masamune, she will also like his new submission because he said that it is his "masterpiece".
Sagiri might be a spoiled brat, but at least she can make money.
crx07May 21, 2017 7:52 AM
May 21, 2017 8:13 AM

May 2009
crx07 said:
Why didn't Senju get disqualified in entering the contest? I hope they have the patch that plothole, at least in the LN.
The best reason I can think of is that Kagurazaka used her powers the same way she used her powers to enter Masamune to the competition.

She wrote twice the maximum number of pages she was supposed to submit for the contest.

crx07 said:

Woodfall said:
Surely it's a nice offer, but Masamune and Sagiri are idealistic (you may like it or not) about publishing that imouto LN.
Actually, Masamune has a point about rejecting her offer. Masamune said that if Senju really is a fan of Masamune, she will also like his new submission because he said that it is his "masterpiece".
Sagiri might be a spoiled brat, but at least she can make money.

Also, he may not want to be dependant on someone. Anyway he rather follow his (/their) dream than giving up. :/
May 21, 2017 8:17 AM

Jun 2013
It's a shame they gave the rival girl only one episode to develop. The confession came out of left field because of it. I hope this is not the end for her because she really started getting cute. Please give her more screentime!
May 21, 2017 8:39 AM

Apr 2016
this episode was enough for me to change this to a 9 from an 8
May 21, 2017 8:57 AM

May 2017
Elf is still best girl even in this Muramasa's peak episode

Elf > Sagiri > Murasama

Even though I hate the obvious siscon outcome, I just can't hate on Sagiri, she's too ero
May 21, 2017 9:13 AM

May 2016
i think i can guess who is the girl that Masamune he loves after he reject Muramusa
FUCKKK THIS SHITT !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2017 9:30 AM
Apr 2017
YAY! Sagiri Finally comes out of her room. This episode made me so happy!
May 21, 2017 9:54 AM
Mar 2016
Djidji said:
crx07 said:

She wrote twice the maximum number of pages she was supposed to submit for the contest.
What I mean is that Senju is allowed to enter the competition. She must not be allowed to enter the competition in the first place. We know that the competition is only for the rookies. Masamune is supposed to be disqualified because he's not a rookie. And Senju is Masamune's senpai, so yeah, both of them must be disqualified. But Kagurazaka used her powers to allow the unqualified Masamune to enter the competition. If Kagurazaka just denied the entry of Senju, this mess which is called episode 7 will not happen.
Touko said:
It's a shame they gave the rival girl only one episode to develop. The confession came out of left field because of it. I hope this is not the end for her because she really started getting cute. Please give her more screentime!
This. If this arc is stretched by at least an ep and fill more story about Senju, this would be better.
crx07May 21, 2017 10:05 AM
May 21, 2017 10:15 AM
Aug 2015
UrbanJahts said:

Get new friends lol.
May 21, 2017 10:18 AM

May 2009
crx07 said:
Djidji said:

What I mean is that Senju is allowed to enter the competition. She must not be allowed to enter the competition in the first place. We know that the competition is only for the rookies. Masamune is supposed to be disqualified because he's not a rookie. And Senju is Masamune's senpai, so yeah, both of them must be disqualified. But Kagurazaka used her powers to allow the unqualified Masamune to enter the competition. If Kagurazaka just denied the entry of Senju, this mess which is called episode 7 will not happen.
Touko said:
This.

That's my bad indeed.
Well, if she allowed Masamune to enter this contest in front of her, she most likely can't ignore her request (plus she is the junior's ace of the publishing company).
Anyway, Kagurazaka (knowing Muramasa's interest on Masamune) tried to use those circumstances to have Masamune write again a fighting novel if Muramasa went to win. That way she'd continue her most famous novel she'd already forgetten (Legend of the Illusionary Demon Sword).
May 21, 2017 11:26 AM
Feb 2009
the ship is sinking faster than i could finish this sentence... fukk this shit...
yet i couldnt get myself to drop it... fukk myself
oblivious is a bliss
May 21, 2017 12:05 PM

Apr 2016
Just why isn't this tagged as harem ? lol
May 21, 2017 12:42 PM

Nov 2014
I hope Senju won't just disappear like that. She was interesting character and I'd love to see more of her.
May 21, 2017 12:58 PM
Jan 2016
siradix said:
kchorrex2012 said:

That sounds cool actually, I hope they develop the consequences on her creative side, not just the emotional one (also, that kinda reminds me of Togashi's influence on Kishimoto at the beginning of Naruto X'D). I'd say there's no way that wouldn't affect a person's writing, in real life at least.
Also, I got the vibe she lost on purpose with that massive novel... I'm not a native speaker so maybe I skipped over something important.
By the way, Muramasa's design and hostile yet clingy personality at first sort of reminded me of Nora from Noragami, then a bit of Haganai's Yozora with her school outfit.

It's highly possible she lost on purpose. Her losing requires the editor to ignore what she submitted for the contest. You would think the editor would say that it is way too long just by looking at the thickness of the papers. And I think it was her poise, kimono, and hair cut that made her similar to Nora.

I also assumed Muramasa lost on purpose, the plot has been pretty predictable in places that it really wouldn't surprise me. (Although it did surprise me that Muramasa lost on a technicality of all things, it was also disappointing in that they didn't just beat her the old fashioned way). I'm assuming the purpose of that is so that Muramasa didn't actually lose, as she got the most votes, but she didn't actually win either.
In the end Masamune was never going to lose.
May 21, 2017 1:56 PM

Aug 2012
What the fuck did I just watch? This episode went crazy all over the place. How the hell can you fit a whole new character introduction, training montage, "battle" scenario, and love rejection all in one episode?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
May 21, 2017 5:58 PM
Oct 2016
Aside from Sagari's part, which felt slightly abrupt, excellent episode.
May 21, 2017 8:03 PM

Jan 2013
"The cute and scary side of Muramasa Senju" @Magito
Couldn't have said better xD
Glad that Masamune managed to win, but i'm still very curious about the story that Muramasa wrote.
Finally!!! Sagiri left her room xD
This episode was so funny and retarded at the same time xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 21, 2017 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
Snail Sagiri was adorable.

I think my enjoyment of this show is carried by how much Sagiri is on screen :3
May 21, 2017 8:59 PM
Apr 2017
As always imouto is stronger than kuroneko
May 21, 2017 11:36 PM

Jul 2015
gamer2710 said:
What the fuck did I just watch? This episode went crazy all over the place. How the hell can you fit a whole new character introduction, training montage, "battle" scenario, and love rejection all in one episode?

I totally agree. Everything felt really forced. Senju's story is hard to believe and unrealistic.

This episode was hard to watch. Atrocius. I will only continue watching this anime because of Elf
Current favourite: [Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo]
May 22, 2017 12:44 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, Sagiri is so deredere in this episode.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
May 22, 2017 4:26 AM

Jan 2014
This is oreimo all over again ffs. Fcking incest
May 22, 2017 4:45 AM

Feb 2016
Go Sagiri!! Don't let other chicks steal your onii-chan!!

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

167 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 13, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

331 by AkihitoZero1224 »»
Jan 28, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.