Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 20, 2017 4:41 AM
Aug 2016
Am I the only one who likes Lefiya? The hate towards her is ridiculous with 90% of the comments on Kissanime just about wanting her dead.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2017 4:51 AM

Jun 2015
I'm neutral towards her. She is a lackluster character after all.
May 20, 2017 4:52 AM

Dec 2015
She's annoying and useless, every time she's on screen I can't take it and want to just skip ahead.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 20, 2017 6:02 AM

Nov 2009
She's cute as hell. Also nice main character material.

On a side note: I don't like the "fighting style" of casters so far with the long chants for nukes. Can any LN reader tell me if they can use weaker spells with shorter cast times?

KazumaKenmaKiryu said:
Am I the only one who likes Lefiya? The hate towards her is ridiculous with 90% of the comments on Kissanime just about wanting her dead.

I agree on that the hate is ridiculous. From what I have seen on the MAL forums people in general did not bother to check the cast&synopsis of Sword Oratoria(even though it was announced a year ago). Many expected either a direct sequel or to have Bell/the previous cast to be the main characters again anyway. Their delusional expectations were betrayed and they see Lefiya as a replacement for Bell so they hate on her. And then there is the sheep mentality of being on the hate train together to feel better.
GildeshMay 20, 2017 6:14 AM
May 20, 2017 6:25 AM

Sep 2015
For most part, the hate for Lefiya does not stem from her personality at all. Some members hate her purely because of the absence of main story season 2 and Bell-kun, cleary evident when they said "Lefiya is Bell-kun 2.0".

To be fair in assessing a character, together of reading both Main+Sword Oratoria(as I won't criticize something without knowledge it). Lefiya may have Yuri tendency, but mostly is like family love like Riveria said. Heck, every loki members(the girls obviously the core) are Ais family, which in turn also shape Ais how she is today.

*I know story is constructed by the author but, Lefiya mentality(still little crybaby) become a bit stronger during important fights in the future.

valvravetruthMay 20, 2017 6:30 AM
May 20, 2017 8:33 AM

Apr 2013
Lefiya was annoying at first in the novel, and they made her even more annoying/more useless in the anime compared to that, which is one of the dumbest/most awful decision I've seen in danmachi anime adaptation (even though there's plenty).
But she gets better afterwards, especially starting with volume 3-4. (and Bete is to be thanked for that, just like for Bell's first improvement, in fact)
So I'm cool with her. Most of the remaining part of the cast is still more likeable than her, but she's already fine by volume 4.

May 20, 2017 9:46 AM

Sep 2015
Think of this situation,
Lets say there is no such series like Danmachi main story, and instead 'Sword Oratoria' is the main story. Members would have no problem with Lefiya at all(well everyone preference is different, so there will be some who dislike her). Hell, the yuri tendency is even more welcome, as the core loki members are female after all.

When there is a main story with Bell-kun, bias actually occurs when we view the side-story(Sword Oratoria). Just like I commented above^
May 24, 2017 5:38 AM

Aug 2013
I'm three episodes in so far. Lefiya is definitely getting on my nerves. She's just part of the problem though.

The biggest problem with the show is it tries too hard to remind you about the main series. I realize it's based off a spin-off novel. So it can't significantly change the story. I just want this side story to be it's own thing. Focus on the Loki’s Familia. I don't want to see the same scenes from the main show. I don't need cameos. Do your own thing.
May 24, 2017 6:12 AM

Apr 2009
She's just awful. In fact she heavily factored into my decision to drop the show. I absolutely loved the first season. I even rewatched it not too long ago.

It's like they managed to suck out all the charm that the first season had, and replaced it with Lefiya.
May 31, 2017 10:37 PM
May 2017
It's so funny if she becomes more closer to Bell and make Freya more jealous and want to kill her XD Then Bell would be there and He reject the love from Freya then Freya become depressed and sad XD
Jun 1, 2017 8:15 AM

Mar 2016
Lefiya is so annoying, I thought Aiz would be the only main heroine, if so the show would get a much higher score. Every time she gets screen time, I get a headache. They should just kill her....
Jun 1, 2017 9:56 AM

Aug 2016
The focus of the anime adaptation seems to be around Lefiya moreso than Aiz when it should have been clearly Aiz + factor in the fact that she's annoying and continually useless = I hate her even more

Jun 2, 2017 6:58 PM

May 2015
I won’t disagree with OP but the problems for most people (myself included, I’m an anime only guy) is that the advertisement (look at the cover/poster art) and the synopsis were misleading (people who didn't read the LN)... if the studio changed that before airing I think most of the people who are upset about this would have not cared and accepted the story, because we are clicking to see what we were told to see beforehand. Right know in my opinion episode 4 an onward were good (tie in to the original story, focused in Loki Familia & Ais and Lefiya have been tone down (delusion/annoyance) but if this reverts back then I can see people complaining more about the story or lack of it in this show…

Eromanga-sensei said:
Lefiya is so annoying, I thought Aiz would be the only main heroine, if so the show would get a much higher score. Every time she gets screen time, I get a headache.
+1

MechKingKillbot said:
The focus of the anime adaptation seems to be around Lefiya moreso than Aiz when it should have been clearly Aiz + factor in the fact that she's annoying
This...
Jun 2, 2017 11:17 PM
Aug 2015
I actually like her character design (she's kinda cute tbh), but i dislike her personality :/ i guess i'm on the neutral side..
Jun 3, 2017 12:31 AM

Apr 2016
The character and the voice acting are just cancer.

and the funny thing is, the same voice actress has done Aoi from Shirobako, who was a very likable character. So it's really the direction that is responsible for such a disaster.

The more I hear Leyfia's voice, the more I'm tempted to give a 1 to this show.
Jun 3, 2017 12:40 AM

Sep 2015
I like her. She's Gay.
Jun 3, 2017 11:32 AM

Jan 2011
She's largely a spectator character who exists a view point to slowly broaden the real MC Aiz at a rate that would be difficult to do without revealing her too fast. The majority of her character struggles were centered around her lackluster performance which for the most part, confidence wise has been resolved. Now we're already at the point in which a part of what she's learned is gonna be helpful a far more capable and stoic character who, honestly is far more just in her grief than this nit. But of course somehow this one is gonna break past her ice walls and change her for the better.

I'm not fully versed on the structure of this angle but I feel I've sen a it a few times. Shit character becomes less shitty sometime before meeting a new character that outclasses her. New character shuns the shit out of her less shit character gets slight more shitter for like 2 minutes before having a flashback of her grand triumph which then revitalizes her arrogance *cough* confidence. Some bullshit happens where the better character faces a severe setback in which only the designated shitter character has a chance to get through. She switches a few worlds around, her listening ability grows bare, she says some vague shit, the better character gasps in awe as some fancy stylization makes the character looks like a god(dess). Better character will either walk it off pretending not to be affected by the nonsense spouted, crack a smile and slowly warm up or just be more honest at that point and slowly move towards being a bland stoic character.
QWERTYFish25Jun 3, 2017 11:47 AM
Jun 4, 2017 10:23 AM
Jun 2017
I hate her cause of how annoying she is. She just never shuts up. Loki was like that 2 but thank god you don't see loki 24/7. Lefiya is in every freaking scene. And in every one she just keeps on talking and talking. This is supposed to be aiz point of view not lefiyas
Jun 10, 2017 2:25 PM

Jan 2011
Jun 10, 2017 3:09 PM

Jun 2012
She is one of the most annoying characters I've seen in anime. Her being so pathetic and as said useless is driving me nuts.
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Jun 10, 2017 8:26 PM

Jan 2011
WyNdZ said:
Worst character of 2017
She's just fucking...there. Like even Emilia was more legitimate, even after episode 13.
Jun 11, 2017 4:07 AM

Feb 2015
As a side character I can tolerate her but as a MC she's super annoying and her obsession with Aiz is just cringy.
Jun 11, 2017 5:31 AM

Sep 2011
Lefiya is doing great, I really prefer her 1000% over Bell. I'm glad they shift the attention towards her instead of Ais.
Hoping to see more moments between Lefiya and Filvis (OTP, Ais can go away).

Haters gonna hate, they wanted a S2 but instead we got this spinoff which is like, far superior to the main series.
At least we Yuri fans get something we can enjoy, she's not annoying for me (but instead I think of Bell and his goddess as annoying).
Jun 11, 2017 8:21 AM

Mar 2013
I don't hate her but she do gets on my nerves with her constant clingy attitude towards Ais.
Jun 11, 2017 3:57 PM

Mar 2015
Really don't mind her at all. But in all honesty, I'm enjoying this series much more compared to the previous version.
Jun 11, 2017 4:37 PM

Jan 2015
Annoying little shit, it would be 100x better without her...

And why do people compare this annoying shit to bell beats me, he is so much better... she also got way too much screentime... ainz should be the main chara, but this useless shit is shown so much...
Jun 11, 2017 4:51 PM

Sep 2013
Lefiya a cute elf, I like when she runs after bell XD
Jun 12, 2017 3:38 PM

Jul 2015
I don't hate Lefiya, but I can see why some people do.

Like stated above, she's basically the female version of Bell, but the difference is that she's on a higher level (she starts the story on Level 3, while Bell started at Level 1) and has a really powerful ability (she can copy and use any spell she sees as long as she knows how it's performed), but she barely grows a spine in the heat of battle and for most of the early parts, whimps out and cries when someone calls her weak, as opposed to Bell who would go train, day in and day out, and if someone called him weak, he'd just go train some more in response.

Another reason is that in the manga and LN, there was much more focus on Aiz as much as there was Lefiya, but the anime took out some of the development and monologue scenes with Aiz for Lefiya's daydreams of Aiz, so we end up with way more Lefiya and not enough Aiz, even though she's the central character.
𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕆𝕍𝔼. 𝕐𝕌ℝ𝕀 𝕀𝕊 𝕃𝕀𝔽𝔼.
Jun 12, 2017 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
I heard that Lefiya didn't do anything but be a mage who couldn't use magic, the past 10 episodes... is it true?
Jun 14, 2017 3:30 AM

Jul 2013
She was kinda meh the first episodes, but I admit she is funny while being jealous of Bell. I also ship her with the black haired elf of the Dionysus familia (she also seems to be a closet lesbian after all).

The problem with Lefiya is that this is Railgun all over again; promoting a popular character (I assume Aiz is popular and that is the reason why she received her own spin-off) from the original series as the main character while giving the attention to the most uninteresting side character of the franchise (though I don't consider Lefiya as annoying as Mikoto's gang). I admit this has improved a bit since the red haired chick appeared, since Aiz has gained some protagonism after that point.
Jun 14, 2017 9:15 AM

Nov 2016
For me most annoying anime character I´ve ever seen...anime is good(but without her it would be much better), I wanted 2nd season of danmachi but this one isn´t as bad as it looked after 1-2 episodes
Jun 21, 2017 2:08 PM
Sep 2014
was ok in the middle... now at the end; just so damn annoying and petty.
Jun 24, 2017 1:59 AM

Sep 2013
It's like having a story about Bell, his family and his admiration for Ainz.

Then you have a brand new story, a story about Ainz, her family and her feelings for Bell... except it's not about Ainz, it's just a different character hanging around with great admiration for Ainz.

I don't know whether she's a good or bad character, but her story isn't the one most people wanted to see.
Jun 28, 2017 9:04 AM

Mar 2013
She's so empty.
I mean we don't know much about her other than her admiration for Ais (like pretty much anyone in this story, except she's way more hardcore than others).
In 11 episodes all I understood of her is that she's a fearful girl that tries to overcome her fear.
Also she admires Ais.
But she doesn't really get any better in the fear department.
Then there's also the fact that she admires Ais.
You have her "rivalry" with Bell, but it's more of a rivalry for Ais' attention than for actually getting stronger.
And she FUCKING ADMIRES AIS, WE GOT IT!!
To me she just slows down the plot... make Ais the MC and move on, it'll be less painful!

Also how the hell did she level up before if she's so scared when a monster just looks in her direction?!
Jul 1, 2017 5:04 AM

Jan 2011
Jal51 said:
She's so empty.
I mean we don't know much about her other than her admiration for Ais (like pretty much anyone in this story, except she's way more hardcore than others).
In 11 episodes all I understood of her is that she's a fearful girl that tries to overcome her fear.
Also she admires Ais.
But she doesn't really get any better in the fear department.
Then there's also the fact that she admires Ais.
You have her "rivalry" with Bell, but it's more of a rivalry for Ais' attention than for actually getting stronger.
And she FUCKING ADMIRES AIS, WE GOT IT!!
To me she just slows down the plot... make Ais the MC and move on, it'll be less painful!

Also how the hell did she level up before if she's so scared when a monster just looks in her direction?!

This. Couldn't have summed it up better.
Jul 1, 2017 5:41 AM

Jan 2013
My own thoughts is as how everybody puts it: She's not why we want to see this story.

We came to this series for Ais and the Loki familia who are already established characters from the main series, but instead of her we get a useless, annoying, underdeveloped blank slate of a character who does nothing of significance or anything that had a lasting effect. She's a just a walking joke: The character who cannot catch up to the veterans and a lesbo for the main heroine.

With Bell we know that it's his story and we see his development through the course of the series. That's not how Lefiya was presented to us.

If you want to see how pointless of a character she is, just compare the episodes where she's the focus and the ones where Ais is, and you'll find Ais-centric episodes are the better ones because she's one that moves the plot and not Lefiya quest to sleep with her.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 1, 2017 5:51 AM

Sep 2015
Shirai Kuroko v2

Nothing else matter
Into the Internet!
Jul 1, 2017 8:05 AM

May 2017
Lefiya is gay and that's more than enough reason for me to like her
Jul 2, 2017 6:31 AM

Mar 2011
I havent check threads for a while but I accidentally saw this one today. Upon reading it I can see that people hate lefiya. As for me I didnt care about her at first. Her character design was okay and thats all. Im pretty much neutral about her during the first few episodes. I can understand that she was weak because she is one of the novice members. I began to like her when she went on a party with filvis and helped her overcome her past. I also think that she played a key role on the last episode by helping carry the team so I think she is a likeable character! Specially when she used dio grail I remembered the scene where filvis entrusted it to her. Also she saved Ais when she was about to get screwed by the spirit.
Jul 2, 2017 7:41 AM

May 2012
I love Lefiya. She cute and she is good person. No reason for me to hate her, but I do like Ais more

Also, the anime did not much focus on her in 2nd half. Ais got more attention in 2nd half, and she did deliver the final blow to the final boss
Jul 2, 2017 9:51 AM

Jan 2015
I liked her. Very cheerful and innocent person. Don't get all the hate towards her
Jul 4, 2017 11:54 PM

Aug 2016
I literally turn away half the time she speaks. I just can't deal with alll the corny shit that comes out of her mouth.
Sep 17, 2017 1:15 AM
Sep 2017
Alright, ppl seem to disregard the hate for her as just " ppl thought it was a second season" or "don't understand it's familial love" and seem to disregard the hate.

So here's some exact reasons ppl generally think she is a terrible character

1. Most obviously, ppl thought it was a direct second season or that Aiz would be the centee of the anime.
This is because it's a spin off adaptation anime in the same world involving nearly the same characters that existed in the main series, with arguably the most important female character and love interest to the MC. Don't disregard pls hate for it because it doesn't involve enough of the characters they want to see, I've read the LN available to me and it has a huge chunk of it involving Aiz and HER INNER THOUGHTS. Personally I thought this was an amazing idea to expand on the most important love interest female character that is supposed to be bland, cause adding it to the main series would seem like such a diversion.
Second to this point of connecting to the main series, ppl say she's "bell 2.0" because she is portrayed the EXACT SAME WAY. extremely self conscious, has potential to be great but does not believe in herself so needs events that force her to take a step further, he'll she's even in love for LITERALLY THE SAME FEMALE CHARACTER. To ppl that don't read the LN (and don't be a piece of crap and look down on them for not keeping up with 3 different sources of media of the same story) it seems like a straight rip off of Bell.

2. She's waaayy too clingy. We aren't given any knowledge about how long she's known Aiz or the source of significance Aiz is to Lefiya ( besides that she saved her and is beautiful, again pointing to Bell 2.0). The clinginess along with shallow background story makes the character seem annoyingly needy for no reason. There are good characters like this in other animes, but those are support characters that are comic relief and aren't focused on all the time, let alone main person followed around.

3. She LEGITIMATELY BLACKMAILED AIZ which is a huge turnoff to literally anyone. I don't need to explain this any further, and this is a huge point ppl that like Lefiya seem to forget or not acknowledge. It wasn't humorous, it wasn't endearing, it was creepy and malicious.

4. For a series that's already established emotional ties to the relationship between Bell and Aiz, it directly tries to compete with or interfere with that relationship. You know those animes that have those parts where guy and girl are about to have something happen and then someone butts in and ruins the moment? This entire anime season was almost all that all the time.
We don't want to, nor are we compelled to want to, see Lefiya and Aiz have a relationship because we are already invested in Bell and Aiz. I mean that's literally the core of Bells goals and desires and what drives the original and why anyone even got invested in the spin off.

I hope this expands on why ppl hate lefiya and helps ppl understand why ppl dislike her.

Also, I've seen someone say the love portrayed is "family love". To that person, if this is your interpretation of family love please call the police or tell someone about what's going on at home. This love isn't family nor platonic, what lefiya is shown to have towards Aiz, and it's very awkward to watch when you're already invested in the MAIN SERIES. MAIN.

Yes there is other instances where this same love is shown, but that's between Tione and Finn ( the guy she is in love with) and Loki and Aiz ( Loki being a lesbian and ppl have stated she chooses women to join her family based on attraction to them and Aiz being the most beautiful girl in her family)
Sep 17, 2017 1:17 AM
Sep 2017
TsundeReaper said:

Gay characters can be shitty characters too, you know. It's 2017, get with the times ;)
Sep 18, 2017 9:59 PM

May 2017
Aznmok said:
TsundeReaper said:

Gay characters can be shitty characters too, you know. It's 2017, get with the times ;)

Never said she's a great or even a good character, I just personally like her, her fangirling can be a little over the top but it's her interaction with Filvis that made me like her but 40% of the reason is coz she's gay lel
LairucremSep 18, 2017 10:04 PM
Sep 23, 2017 3:17 AM

Jan 2014
I like her, she's very useful when it comes to mob an entire area. her skill is a powerful one indeed.
but I also hate that annoying side of her, sticking her nose on everything she see fit.
so this put me on a neutral side.
Oct 1, 2017 4:16 PM

Oct 2013
Glad it's not just me, that character was such cancer, ruined this anime for me.
Oct 20, 2017 4:15 PM
Jul 2017
Gildesh said:
She's cute as hell. Also nice main character material.

On a side note: I don't like the "fighting style" of casters so far with the long chants for nukes. Can any LN reader tell me if they can use weaker spells with shorter cast times?

KazumaKenmaKiryu said:

I agree on that the hate is ridiculous. From what I have seen on the MAL forums people in general did not bother to check the cast&synopsis of Sword Oratoria(even though it was announced a year ago). Many expected either a direct sequel or to have Bell/the previous cast to be the main characters again anyway Their delusional expectations were betrayed and they see Lefiya as a replacement for Bell so they hate on her. And then there is the sheep mentality of being on the hate train together to feel better.

Well it's funny that you say that, because the same can be said for people that like her. That sheep mentality you mentioned goes for people who choose to agree with the side the less people are on, to ironically show that they aren't trying to lump in with the majority of another side. Then there are just people who actually have their own opinions.

I for one do not appreciate the way they chose to implement Lefiya's role in the anime. I felt it was too large. I do admit she is a cute character, and her position as mage fits her. There was quite a bit of things I did not like though. One like I said her role was too large, and that wouldn't be a problem if the season wasn't about Aiz. Although I still wouldn't be fond of her whether she was the MC or not. Another thing was the fact that she took Bell's place in the anime, like you've mentioned. You said it was because people couldn't get over the fact that it was because they liked Bell better than her. I don't like it because it was quite repetitive to have the same exact goal, which leads me to the admiration of Aiz. I could care less that she is attracted to women, it's the fact she was attracted to Aiz. That was just another repetitive thing between Lefiya and Bell.

Over all she just was a character I didn't find appealing, and it seems quite a few people agree with me. Everyone has their own opinions, so it's not your place to assume they are just following the crowd.
JayDeeThreeOct 20, 2017 4:48 PM
Oct 20, 2017 4:39 PM
Jul 2017
Spooty said:
She's just awful. In fact she heavily factored into my decision to drop the show. I absolutely loved the first season. I even rewatched it not too long ago.

It's like they managed to suck out all the charm that the first season had, and replaced it with Lefiya.

I'd recommend un-dropping it because I am fairly sure it has very important information regarding the future of this series, if there is one at all.
Oct 22, 2017 3:42 AM
May 2016
garydai said:
I'm three episodes in so far. Lefiya is definitely getting on my nerves. She's just part of the problem though.

The biggest problem with the show is it tries too hard to remind you about the main series. I realize it's based off a spin-off novel. So it can't significantly change the story. I just want this side story to be it's own thing. Focus on the Loki’s Familia. I don't want to see the same scenes from the main show. I don't need cameos. Do your own thing.

Take it from me, someone who's read the manga for Danmachi and Sword Oratoria, then watch the anime adaptation for both. I cannot even begin to comprehend what I'm seeing. Almost ebery episode with SO strikes me with deja vü
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.