Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 20, 2017 9:59 PM

Mar 2015
haha vanilla at its finest

it's like reading that one chapter of Berserk again
May 20, 2017 10:10 PM
Jul 2018
DID HE PULL OUT???????????????
May 20, 2017 10:40 PM
Apr 2016
I wonder why people haven't asked questions like: Why touka kissed kaneki? Why Kaneki just suddenly cried? I have a feeling that the reason why kaneki cried was because he was vulnerable and open why they were having sex that he able to let go of some of his emotions that he's been keeping.
May 21, 2017 1:08 AM

Oct 2015
agoggeek said:
I wonder why people haven't asked questions like: Why touka kissed kaneki? Why Kaneki just suddenly cried? I have a feeling that the reason why kaneki cried was because he was vulnerable and open why they were having sex that he able to let go of some of his emotions that he's been keeping.

Apparently the reason she kissed him in the last chapter was because of what he said about hide which was similar to what amon said about his relationship with akira when he was talking to Touka a couple of chapters ago. Like the situation with Amon, Kaneki is afraid of trying to get close to anyone he has a strong relationship to because of what has happened when shit hit the fan. what he said to Touka last chapter was that he was unable to see hide because he did not know how to approach him and thus could not do anything concrete and was avoiding him. Touka who had feelings for him realises she has to make the first move if she wants to have a romantic relationship with him because the situation between him and her is similar to him and Hide where he will show his feeling second to theirs. so kissing him was her making the first move that he was never going to do in hope he responds.

Probably the reason Ken is crying is because he has a reason to life now which is what hide told him to find when he was in limbo during his second fight against Arima. Or that his loneliness that he mentioned to Akira 3 chapters ago is finally gone now. or probably both.
May 21, 2017 1:15 AM
May 2017
I really like touken but I didn't want this chapter
May 21, 2017 1:18 AM
Feb 2015
Mangoban said:
this will likely set a death flag on ken, with touka becoming pregnant with his child that will carry his will, or on her as she dies with his child, either way i suspect a child of theirs being introduced
Isn't it impossible for humans to have children with ghouls. Even if Kaneki is half ghoul it wouldn't likely alter his genetics, but I guess the one above all plot will allow that
May 21, 2017 2:47 AM
Sep 2016
It is not impossible. Eto's human mother had to eat human flesh to keep baby alive. I guess there wouldn't be such problem with ghoul mother and 3/4 ghoul child (I'm pretty sure Kaneki's genetics were altered after all).
May 21, 2017 2:51 AM
May 2015
I think, kaneki will die, when the son born/ grow up....
tg with boruto taste....(son will become so op)
May 21, 2017 3:20 AM

Aug 2016
Ken just got laiiiiiid

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 21, 2017 3:30 AM

Jun 2014
Maledict said:
Credit where it's due - when he decided he'd illustrate it, Ishida didn't pussy out and showed as much as possible for publishing.

Guess that was that for the Uta clone theories, doubt he's that dedicated, lmao.

-Goshujinsama- said:
I wonder if anyone didn't like this chapter :v

You mean like anyone that's not a (pre)teen and no longer thinks sex is the world? I mean, I'm seriously having trouble not cringing at the "best chapter ever" comments.

But it truly was the best chapter ever?

Not really because of the sex scenes but rather because of the meaning.

I hate MCs that cry during sex, never found a single anime / manga that actually justified MC crying just because he had sex but with Kaneki its completely different.

Everyone ITT knows exactly through how much shit this guy has went through, if you take your time to think about how you'd be feeling in his situation you'd understand.

It's not about the sex that he's crying, he's crying because he now knows that he finally found someone that can help him shoulder his responsibilities & help him endure all the emotions he kept boiling inside of him for all these years after all the shit hes been through.

The page where he cries & the last page were so damn fucking emotional that it truly made this to be one of the most important & amazing chapters I've ever read.

Watching Kaneki lay naked on Touka's thighs just shows how broken he really was and how much he needed someone to be by his side all along
May 21, 2017 4:43 AM
Feb 2017
May 21, 2017 4:51 AM
Jun 2016
I am shook I am shook I am shook I am shook I am SHOOK
May 21, 2017 4:52 AM
Jun 2016
Rowd said:
Pretty sure everyone was expecting this to happen to the most popular pairing of this series but never expected to actually see it. Thought it'll happen off-screen and we get hit with the punchline that she's pregnant like they did in some other series I can think of
nah mate I wanted to find out what the fuck happened to Yoriko
May 21, 2017 6:22 AM
Apr 2014
I'm fine if this is the last chapter I ever read of TG.
May 21, 2017 8:28 AM
Dec 2016
Good Job Kaneki <3
10/10
May 21, 2017 9:02 AM

May 2014
arx1994 said:

There are 2 options here, if there will be a "cure" for ghouls Kaneki probably survive the manga.
The other option is a new equilibrium between ghouls and humans, but that also means Kaneki has to die, because he is too OP
May 21, 2017 9:07 AM

Jun 2014
RaidenHUN said:
arx1994 said:

There are 2 options here, if there will be a "cure" for ghouls Kaneki probably survive the manga.
The other option is a new equilibrium between ghouls and humans, but that also means Kaneki has to die, because he is too OP

If Ishida has taught us something through the years that hes been writing TG is that the fans are NEVER right & theres unlimited options
May 21, 2017 9:15 AM

Nov 2014
Maybe Ishida is going to try a new way to mentally torture Kaneki. I bet someone will fuck Touka right in front of him. This isn't a death flag being raised; it's either rape or NTR.
mizukasaMay 21, 2017 9:21 AM
May 21, 2017 9:16 AM

Nov 2014
Oh wait, the question here is: Will her hymen regenerate?
May 21, 2017 9:19 AM
Apr 2015
I think it's just a dream,If seen from its characteristics, it seems that it is Touka's dream.If seen from the way Isida wrote it, it is impossible if they jump directly to that stage.
May 21, 2017 9:21 AM
Apr 2015
mizukasa said:
If she can't be hurt by a sharp weapon why can she be hurt by a penis?
May 21, 2017 9:25 AM

May 2014
mizukasa said:

Like Kaneki would let that happen. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 21, 2017 9:28 AM

Nov 2014
hpsthemaskedman said:
mizukasa said:

She did got hurt though.

RaidenHUN said:
mizukasa said:

The intensity of this whole chapter is lacking. He should've used his kagune to further satisfy her.
May 21, 2017 9:40 AM

May 2014
mizukasa said:

The intensity of this whole chapter is lacking. He should've used his kagune to further satisfy her.

Blame Mutsuki for that.
May 21, 2017 9:54 AM
Apr 2015
mizukasa said:
hpsthemaskedman said:

She did got hurt though.

RaidenHUN said:

It would be another tentacle hentai Then.
May 21, 2017 10:03 AM
Apr 2015
sumusiko said:
Maledict said:
Credit where it's due - when he decided he'd illustrate it, Ishida didn't pussy out and showed as much as possible for publishing.

Guess that was that for the Uta clone theories, doubt he's that dedicated, lmao.

You mean like anyone that's not a (pre)teen and no longer thinks sex is the world? I mean, I'm seriously having trouble not cringing at the "best chapter ever" comments.

But it truly was the best chapter ever?

Not really because of the sex scenes but rather because of the meaning.

I hate MCs that cry during sex, never found a single anime / manga that actually justified MC crying just because he had sex but with Kaneki its completely different.

Everyone ITT knows exactly through how much shit this guy has went through, if you take your time to think about how you'd be feeling in his situation you'd understand.

It's not about the sex that he's crying, he's crying because he now knows that he finally found someone that can help him shoulder his responsibilities & help him endure all the emotions he kept boiling inside of him for all these years after all the shit hes been through.

The page where he cries & the last page were so damn fucking emotional that it truly made this to be one of the most important & amazing chapters I've ever read.

Watching Kaneki lay naked on Touka's thighs just shows how broken he really was and how much he needed someone to be by his side all along
Is it possible that it was just a dream of one of them? Because it is impossible for Isida to jump directly to that stage. It's just imo.
May 21, 2017 10:06 AM

Feb 2014
Whoaaaaaaaa...!! Didnt expect a whole chapter for this..it was awesome

May 21, 2017 11:48 AM

Aug 2016
Ahahahaha, i bet Ishida had a lot of fun drawing this chapter, what a troll.

Respect
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2017 12:37 PM

Jul 2009
Ishida is a god. That is all.
May 21, 2017 12:55 PM

Dec 2013
There is actually a mole on Touka's right boob.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 21, 2017 2:23 PM

Apr 2014
Now all I'm wondering is if Kaneki pulled out or not
May 21, 2017 2:50 PM
Jul 2016
Well let's be realistic this manga is more like shounen with blood, same as Titans. So the sex scene was quite surprising. And i strongly believe that it was the first and last sex scene in Tokyo Ghoul.
May 21, 2017 4:22 PM

Jun 2014
Buramitura said:
Well let's be realistic this manga is more like shounen with blood, same as Titans. So the sex scene was quite surprising. And i strongly believe that it was the first and last sex scene in Tokyo Ghoul.

That's like saying Berserk is a shonen with blood
May 21, 2017 4:30 PM

Nov 2015
Can't wait to see the child lol.
Even Kaneki isn't a virgin anymore, he's a man now our little Ken.
May 21, 2017 5:03 PM

Apr 2017
ok i don't think anyone understands how loudly i was screaming. i've been waiting for this since chapter one of the original manga: that's 267 chapters ago. 5 years in the manga.
some people may say touka and kaneki rushed into having sex. but let me explain:
kaneki needed this. this chapter showed a MASSIVE change in kaneki's psychology. he has been denied love from people most important to him multiple times and now that he finally has what he's been searching for, his journey to discovering who he was is almost complete. touka was his Sun tarot, as the last page of chapter symbolized. the Sun tarot represents attained knowledge and bringing hope for the future as well as optimism, enlightenment, assurance, and splendor. but the sun reverse indicates that finding the positive aspects to a situation may be difficult. but the sun is never a negative card, so this is only temporary. i think when we see kaneki crying this may symbolize his struggle to find something he already has: love - something he's always been searching for. but now he's finally realizing that he's been loved for a long time.

ANYWAY....

there is NO WAY ishida-sensei would write an entire chapter of touken sex having no meaning AT ALL. he's never done that. he's always put every chapter, scene, and dialogue with meaning.
this is helping kaneki's development as a character. you have to remember that he is a suicidal person who feels alone and sad all the time but in this chapter he's crying because he feels loved and wanted.

so, the question remains: did touka and kaneki rush into having sex? yes. but that's the point - in no way does that make it meaningless.
kaneki and touka's hideout has been found. their faces have been revealed. kaneki is the most wanted ghoul in japan, and a war is about to start. people are going to die. and they both know it can be either one of them at any time. they don't have time to wait for the "perfect moment." because there's a good chance neither of them will get to see it.
touka has experienced enough loss to know that she has to live for the living and do whatever she can to keep those people alive. yeah she'll fight to protect kaneki, but that's not what it's always about: with kaneki being suicidal in the past, she's giving her best to give him a reason to live. she's letting him know that he is loved, even though she struggles to express her emotions. kaneki needs to know that he's loved right now.
kaneki has felt so lonely since hide disappeared. but now touka is there with him and for him and loving him and he's not alone anymore. yes, that doesn't mean they had to have sex to show their love but they've loved each other since the beginning. even when kaneki was haise he still had feelings for her.

what i'm trying to say is that this is part of the plot. ishida-sensei has a reason for doing this and not just for the fanservice. this is a seinen. most seinens only have characters having sex for the hell of it. but he did this for kaneki's development. i'm honestly so glad sensei chose to make this chapter the way it is bc it has a powerful meaning and not like other seinens, which just have sex for only the character's entertainment.

ps: i fucking loved this chapter. i love these characters and i've loved this story since the beginning. i woke up yesterday morning and immediately opened my manga app on my phone and started reading and actually thought i was reading the wrong manga for a second. but yeah. that's my view. let me know what you think.
May 21, 2017 5:11 PM
Jul 2014
I haven't read the manga for a while, and actually I was thinking about reading it again from the first chapter but then I suddenly found out about chapter 125 and I have no idea what's happening, It really took me by surprise! I kinda liked it though. And since now I'm really confused I'm going to re read the manga for real this time xd.
May 21, 2017 5:38 PM
May 2015
This was it. I'm done. I'm no longer care about this fan service garbage and will no longer waste another thought on it. Forget Toyko Ghoul: Re. I'm out.
Ov3r_Kill_Br0nyMay 22, 2017 7:15 AM
May 21, 2017 6:57 PM
Sep 2013
Ov3r_Kill_Br0ny said:
This was it. I'm done. I'm no longer care about this fan service garbage and will no longer waste another thought on it. Forget Toyko Ghoul. I'm out.
Lol over a chapter of sex must of been to mature for you.
May 21, 2017 7:05 PM
May 2015
hantere said:
Ov3r_Kill_Br0ny said:
This was it. I'm done. I'm no longer care about this fan service garbage and will no longer waste another thought on it. Forget Toyko Ghoul. I'm out.

Lol. You think you have to be mature to have sex? This manga is perfect for you. I saw this a long time coming, along with everything else going wrong, and I said if it went there, I'd be done. So I'm done.
May 21, 2017 7:08 PM
Sep 2015
Ov3r_Kill_Br0ny said:

That's really infuriating lmao. Labeling a scene executed with such class as fanservice is the height of folly. Not only has it been foreshadowed for hella long, it also makes perfect sense in context with the pair's relationship arc. Thus, it's the direct opposite of fanservice.. smh come on bro
May 21, 2017 7:12 PM
May 2015
Kdrizzie said:
Ov3r_Kill_Br0ny said:

Calling this chapter fanservice is quite infuriating lol. To see a scene executed with such class be labeled as nothing more than hentai is the height of folly. Not only has it been foreshadowed for hella long, it also makes perfect sense in context with the pair's relationship arc. Thus, it's the direct opposite of fanservice.. smh come on bro

Calling having sex after a near death battle out of nowhere class. Give me a break. I saw the forshadowing, and I was hoping they would at least turn it on it's head, instead they did exactly what everyone expected. Got to build up that emotional trauma. I've never had a manga go from such high praise from me to fall all the way to the bottom.
May 21, 2017 7:13 PM
Sep 2013
Ov3r_Kill_Br0ny said:
hantere said:

Lol. You think you have to be mature to have sex? This manga is perfect for you. I saw this a long time coming, along with everything else going wrong, and I said if it went there, I'd be done. So I'm done.
Obviously If you can't handle something as sex. So you drop something when you say you saw it coming. This is far from fanservice calling it that makes it seem like you couldn't handle sex.
May 21, 2017 7:43 PM
Mar 2014
Finally. It happened.
May 21, 2017 8:22 PM

Mar 2016
zellbanabente said:
symbol is 19 on the last page of this chapter
The Sun (XIX) is a trump card in the tarot deck. Tarot trumps are often called Major Arcana by tarot card readers.
Description
An infant rides a white horse under the
anthropomorphized sun, with sunflowers in the background.
Rider-Waite symbolism
A. E. Waite suggested that this card is associated with attained knowledge. An infant rides a white horse under the
anthropomorphized sun, with sunflowers in the background. The child of life holds a red flag, representing the blood of renewal while a smiling sun shines down on him, representing accomplishment. The conscious mind prevails over the fears and illusions of the unconscious .
Innocence is renewed through discovery, bringing hope for the future.

Pretty sure it wouldn't be a 19 unless it's a Japanese 19. Remember ishida would write it in Japanese, in which case a translated would probably mention it.
I'd say a dragonfly would be the best guess, Maybe also looks like Kaneki is like a child and touka has small wings
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2017 8:26 PM

Mar 2017
Welp somebody is about to die. DEATH FLAG :(

I may be the only person who doesn't like ships in Tokyo Ghoul lol oh well
LunarPisces1May 21, 2017 8:29 PM
May 21, 2017 8:37 PM
Sep 2015
Ov3r_Kill_Br0ny said:
Kdrizzie said:

Calling this chapter fanservice is quite infuriating lol. To see a scene executed with such class be labeled as nothing more than hentai is the height of folly. Not only has it been foreshadowed for hella long, it also makes perfect sense in context with the pair's relationship arc. Thus, it's the direct opposite of fanservice.. smh come on bro

Calling having sex after a near death battle out of nowhere class. Give me a break. I saw the forshadowing, and I was hoping they would at least turn it on it's head, instead they did exactly what everyone expected. Got to build up that emotional trauma. I've never had a manga go from such high praise from me to fall all the way to the bottom.

Build up the emotional trauma? What does that even mean lmao? Anyway, do you really need me to explain why it wasn't "out of nowhere?"
1. Touka's currently experiencing extreme emotional distress since she has no idea what's happening with her friend. What is the natural human response to such negative emotions? Instant comfort/gratification. Reminder - sitting next to her is the man she loves.
2. Kaneki's response to her question. Hisotrically, their relationship has been littered with deception, half-truths, or straight up lies. Though here, he gives her the realest response he can, essentially breaking down the wall he himself constructed between them. She also realizes through his answer that he will never make the first move because he's so in his own head.
3. His facial expression. What's the natural human response when someone you love makes such a terribly lonely/sad face? You want to comfort them, make them feel better.
Plenty of build up even up to the *final* page before she got on top of him. Anyway, there is no reason to "turn it on its head" either. Plot twists are great when done in clever ways, but doing that here would have made no sense. What would have been the twist anyway? Them fighting each other lmao? This is the culmination of their character arc, it makes all the sense in the world...
May 21, 2017 10:30 PM
May 2017
What a minute... Touka has a mole on her breast. It is stated by ishida that Itori has a mole on her breast. Itori is a clown, and clowns are known to have shape shifting abilities thanks to thier manipulation of thier kagune.... Itori could be using her kagune to shape shift. She's proven to be a info trader early in the series. What if she snuck into the ccg with her shape shifting abilities and gathered info on members, and shared it with uta? Since Uta knows juuzou, mutsuki, and hirakos triggers. She could be working with kanou and is assigned to get kaneki's semen, or i guess a baby? Could just be clown doing what clowns do to start things. I imagine kaneki looking for touka when he wakes up, find her and she's doesn't know anything he talking about, causing even more tragedy, but honestly the panel where touka makes those faces when he puts it in kind of makes me convinced that It probably is touka.
OlliedayMay 21, 2017 10:46 PM
May 21, 2017 10:48 PM

Feb 2012
The best part of chapter is the reactions to it lmao.

Oh well amazing chapter 10/10.
May 22, 2017 1:41 AM

Nov 2016
Unbelievable, Ishida went all the way. I think its ok for a longer running seinen to spend an entire chapter with ehem "strengthening the bond" of it's mainship. Many fans probably even waited for just this to happen and I also have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised that we could witness this.

But what if Touka gets pregnant does the child become a threequarters Ghoul or are Kanekis balls the one part of his body which remained unaffected by his change and a child would become just a half Ghoul ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 22, 2017 2:36 AM

Jun 2015
What the hell is with this chapter? This isn't Berserk! How could they publish something like that in Tokyo Ghoul? Were they desperate to attract more readers?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM

» help refresh my memory pls

Hunted - Aug 11, 2023

5 by waalex11 »»
Aug 25, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.