Forum Settings
Forums
BLAME! Movie Edition: THE ELECTROFISHERS’ ESCAPE
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 9, 2017 3:17 PM

Oct 2015
Lilly hasn't impressed me yet, I still want see more of his power. Anyway the movie was good but its unfinished as those guys haven't been free yet from those safeguard eliminators and Killy is still looking for the net terminal gene. How I would love to read the manta.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 18, 2017 12:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Finally decided to give this a shot and I was not disappointed

I think what I loved the most about this is that it managed to replicate the intensity and severity of the world and atmosphere Knights of Sidonia, but on a grander scale due to the lack of able soldiers and just lack of humanity in general in addition to how overwhelming the enemy is (Kinda like how Titans are in SnK)

The action scenes were fantastic and I really liked that even though Killy had to do a lot of the work, I was proud to see that the other characters in the show for the most part weren't helpless and could actually hold their own at times

I dunno why manga readers are bitching about Killy because you don't need to physically see a display of emotion in order to understand someone.....ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS ETC.....The fact that this guy went through all this lengths to help these people says it all about his character especially considering that he's not human

I really liked both Zuru and Cibo as well mainly because of their drive and overall their demeanor in this film and I think that their dynamic with Killy was pretty enjoyable despite Killy not showcasing any physical emotion towards them.....Plus it was nice to see that even after many years, Zuru still held Killy dear to her heart and passed on his legend to the next generation

I'm glad that there is a sequel in the works because the problem of this world isn't solved yet and I'm very curious to see if Killy will ever find that gene he's looking for

I was going to give this an 8/10 but since I enjoyed this so much, I have no problem with giving this a 9/10

My only nitpick really is that I heard that the robot that impersonated Tae is supposed to be very complex as a character and sadly we didn't get that, but oh well.....Maybe they can create a character like what she was supposed to be like in the sequel

TokoyaAug 18, 2017 12:47 AM
Sep 12, 2017 6:36 AM

Jan 2013
Cibo has been waiting for 2000 years, damn.
I wonder how many years this is in the future actually.

Killy being a Safeguard and still helping humans and showing somewhat human characteristics is interesting since loads of films like to address how AI will never get near the same complex feelings / thinking that human brains are capable of.

Also this complex must be HUGE if 15 blocks takes a couple of days to travel, several levels must take weeks. - Killy coming from 6000 levels below must mean it took several years.
A timeline of events happening before the events of this film would be nice, maybe the next film can focus on that rather than maybe just another attempt to regain control of the massive city.

Great film though, really captured the post apocalyptic atmosphere that I was craving.
Sure it could've done more for me if it did a little bit more world building aside from a bit of dialogue from Cibo but it does add to the mystery and overall feel for this setting.

9/10
Oct 2, 2017 11:44 AM

Jun 2013
I have heard many people say that reading the manga is essential to understanding the story but I didn't really feel the need to do so. I mean the story for the most part is pretty self-explanatory. And after doing some reading here and there I felt that the story was interesting but not that great.

Killy's past is quite mysterious and interesting but wasn't really explained in the movie. Though his character synopsis did give me a great amount of information. I also don't like the fact that his robot like character doesn't have any real dialogues like others of his kind does for e.g. Sanakan.

Overall it was a good movie with some nice CGI effects and action.
7/10
Nov 18, 2017 7:31 AM

Apr 2009
Cibo waiting for 17 million 526 thousand hours is 2000 years! It's been that long, the city might gave covered the entire planet already and still building up to space. Generations have come and gone, even Zuru here is a mere flashback from the future in her granddaughter's time. Killy might have survived and roaming the levels after the end, what happened to robotic arm-Cibo though, and what was that thing Killy gave to Zuru that her granddaughter seem to be keeping around? Questions and even more questions!

Why does the robots/Safeguards/Exterminator/Sanakan need to have a mask like a human face? To make them look creepy? A holdover of a couple millennia-old design?

I didn't mind the CGI, and I was entertained so 7/10 for me.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 18, 2017 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
I thought this was pretty good. Interesting world, decent story. What can I say, I'm a sucker for cyberpunk. Wouldn't mind more of this at all.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 4, 2017 11:00 PM
Aug 2014
Hopefully they clear up Killy's past in the sequel.
Dec 9, 2017 1:21 AM

Feb 2015
I came into this not really knowing what to expect beyond it being animated by the studio that did Ajin and Knights of Sidonia. I really enjoyed the atmosphere - the "darkness" of the world, the soundtrack, the world-building. The Exterminators looked like something out of Silent Hill.../shiver. The invasion of their city by Sana-Kan was suitably unsettling (very much including her transformation scene) - very reminiscent of

Overall, I really enjoyed this. With each successive project, Polygon keeps upping their game and it's great to see. As a sci-fi fan I'm really enjoying these worlds they are bringing to the screen. Between the atmosphere, world-building and story, I'm definitely intrigued enough to look forward to a continuation of this in the next movie.

Dec 10, 2017 4:12 AM
Jul 2018
Very good movie, I love it so much. The CGI is very good pretty detail with the buildings, the illustration also very good dunno why many people here complain about it, I agree the 10 fps thingy kinda ruin the animation but I got used to it 8/10 . Soundtrack is great, epic, at least for me 8/10. I was very focus while watching this movie. It was soo intense for me, enjoyment 9/10. Story 8/10 I got better understanding with this arc than the original 1977 manga. Later I read the original manga blame 1997. I didnt understand a shit... the story was too complex for me and the ending uh... confusing.
Anyway this is a very good movie, expecting the sequel to come with conclusive ending, or getting another sequel which make it trylogy hahaha. Who knows...
removed-userDec 15, 2017 10:06 PM
Dec 25, 2017 5:14 AM

Dec 2012

Good movie. Loved the Daft Punk-esque music. If you told me that was angela performing the ED song, I would not have believed. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 13, 2018 3:30 PM

Mar 2018
The CGI was great. The music was great. I'm a newbie to the Blame! series but that was an awesome introduction.

Recommend me some short Manga!

Apr 21, 2018 2:13 PM

Oct 2009
great movie, I love cyberpunk. Can't wait for the sequel. And banzai for Hanazawa Kana as another heroine X.X.
Jan 15, 2019 3:17 AM

Aug 2017
Good settings and atmosphere but the chara and the woodiness of the animations i did not like them. The reworking of a small portion of the plot has been satisfactory.
ItsYaBoiSkanaJan 15, 2019 3:20 AM
May 11, 2019 4:24 PM

Oct 2017
Don't know anything about the manga, this is purely based on watching the movie.
Had this on my to watch list for some time and finally got to it, not knowing what to expect exactly apart from what I saw in the trailer.

It wasn't boring, I liked the premise of the story. The overall mood and atmosphere was pretty captivating, the flow of the story and the action kept me interested. So far the movie did what I hope a movie does,.... tell me a story in an interesting and entertaining way.
It didn't spell out everything, some may find that annoying but to me it's not a bad thing if things are left to the imagination.
I didn't mind the fact the movie didn't end on the fullfilment off the initial plan, the fact they failed to achieve their goal and went for the next best thing is in fact a refeshing experience. Sometimes things in life don't turn out the way you plan them, this isn't often portrayed in movies or series.

I am not a purist who thinks CGI should have no place in anime, I love several different styles of animation/anime, but pretty early on I knew what the most heard critisism about this movie would be,... the jittering in animation. This could have been done way better, I have seen it done better, for instance in Land of the Lustrous.
The overall artwork and backgrounds where very good however.

In the end I scored the movie 7/10, only because MAL doesn't provide the option to score half points, if so I would have given it a 7,5/10, in my book that's pretty good.
Misuta-KitsuneMay 11, 2019 4:27 PM
May 30, 2019 5:38 PM

Mar 2019
One of the best films I ever saw that sadly does not quite do the comic justice. Methinks that a lot of the lower ratings are caused by it comparing unfavorably to the comic but ignoring that in a vacuum it's hard to deny that this film is one of the most stylistically interesting films that has ever been made.

The problem is that it's just impossible to do in a film what makes the comic so special is the impeccable feel of expansiveness it bestows upon the reader. It follows Killy throughout and endless landscape and the sheer size it's able to portray is impressive; that's what it's about but that's hard to put into the size of a film though they did the best they could with the ending with Killy leaving again and pointing out that Killy's journey is far from over. Multiply that feeling by an order of magnitude and one appreciates what the comic is about.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 28, 2019 3:59 PM

May 2016
I feel so damn sad that Zuru never saw him again she was such a good character.

Aelyn said:
cupc said:
Did you even read the manga?

No. I posted a random message to annoy someone on the internet.

That's literally how he acts there as well. Anything but would have been a letdown

He doesn't "act" in manga. It's a bunch of still pictures, and the poses/faces depicted on them are way more natural. You can believe that he's a human when you read the manga, but the movie blatantly shows you that there's something extremely different about him, compared to the other humans.

This is Killy, a human. He can even smile sometimes:

(clickable pic)

This is Killster T-800, he still has a long way to learn about human emotions:

Shit now I wanna know more about this... fella.
Jul 24, 2019 12:43 AM

Jan 2018
Nice movie, a lot better than expected. Pewdiepie basically summed up all my problems with it in his review but I definitely think it was a solid adaptation even if it was on the fishing village instead of any of the badass arcs in the manga. 7/10
Dec 7, 2019 1:20 PM

Nov 2019
I thought this movie was pretty boring :/
5/10
Jan 10, 2020 2:38 PM

Mar 2017
Wow.. that old man took getting his arm blown off like a true champ. lol. Think they forgot people tend to suffer a bit more than that when losing a limb.

I loved the atmosphere and setting of this movie, but it felt pretty generic and cheesy at times.

That sound design though. Just incredible. Killy's gun shots were a work of art audio-wise.

Feb 29, 2020 7:25 PM

Sep 2011
Tae was a trash ass character. Nothing I hate more than shitty characters dragging it down for everyone else and getting people unnecessarily killed. Ill prob read the manga because I liked the premise but too much bullshit.
I got no time to do what I dont want to do
Oct 22, 2020 4:55 PM

Jul 2013
Having read recently everything related to Blame! and knowing the movie would be an adaptation loosely based on the arc of the Electrofishers, I honestly had a lot of fun with the movie. Given the nature of the manga (where you could spend entire chapters with zero dialogue) and how hard would be adapting the manga faithfully (especially the first arc), I understand the changes made by the staff in order to make Blame! easier to digest by casual audiences.

The CGI was better of what I expected. Considering the other CGI content of Blame! was that special from 2007 (who looked very off, to put it lightly) , this was a welcomed change. The fight scenes were great and the character designs are solid, avoiding to falling into the uncanny valley and making the characters expressive and feeling "alive" (not as much for Killy, lol). Cibo and Sana-kan in particular looked very beautiful. They also made justice to the vast, unfriendly yet awe-inspiring mechanical labyrinth that is The City (though since the movie only focushes in the level where the Electrofishes live, anime-onlies will not get how freaking huge the whole thing is) and the Safeguard was as creepy as one would expect from a swarm of humanoid robot abominations. Another visually great scene was the one where Cibo travels to the sub-net where she meets the Authority near the end of the movie. Very trippy and out-of-this world.

Now, the characters. Killy is, well, Killy, the stoic badass that gets things done instead of said and is searching for the Net Terminal Genes. It seems the studio believed that fleshing out the Electrofishers was needed in order to make viewers understand the plot of the series (given Killy's not very talkative disposition), and they did an acceptable job, also making them more distinctive than in the manga and with Zuru (who was given a nice dose of the Moe Converter from Blame! Academy for the movie) and the Leader/Pops being the ones I liked the most, while the other members fullfilled their role well. It's sad they made Cibo look less important here (she's the heroine of the series after all), but at least
I also feel they made her a bit snarkier than in the manga too.
Lastly, we have Sana-kan, the "main antagonist" of the movie, that, despite only appearing towards the ending, leaves a big impression and gives us a nice final fight against Killy. Again, I think her design is my favorite from this movie, they managed to make her pretty and menacing at the same time.

I liked the OST, it's not very diverse, but gets its work done. The voice acting was great as expected. Takahiro Sakurai is perfect as Killy (ironic given how few lines he got in the movie), it's one of those roles when it almost looks like the character was created to be voiced only by the voice actor who voices him. HanaKana as Cibo sounds as I imagined when reading the manga (very well), and Saori Hayami was pretty good as Sana-Kan too. Rest of voice actors did an equally good job.

I feel a bit sad they removed some elements from the final battle of the Electrofishers arc of the manga for the movie (like the huge squid Safeguard creature that confronts Killy, Cibo and the Electrofishers as they travel to Toha Heavy Industries, that in the movie only gets a cameo towards the ending, or Cibo hacking the Builder to fight that same Safeguard), but I understand they couldn't include everything in the movie.

However, given the ending of the movie, I feel that they removed any chance for a future sequel (unless they decide to make a completely original story), given Cibo's importance in the plot of the source (she stays with the Electrofishers here, while in the manga she keeps travelling with Killy). At first I thought she would
, but given she ends as the spider arm in the movie, it seems they gave her a definite ending.

Overall I liked it. Even if the essence of the original work was lost, it is still an enjoyable movie and it flowed fast enough to not getting me bored at any time. If they keep making CGI as solid as this one, I wouldn't mind if they keep making projects like this one.
IllyricusDec 2, 2020 3:54 AM
Nov 29, 2020 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
The ending credit sequence is sick. Usually no one watches them, but I love the choreography and visuals.

Any who, regarding the actual ‘anime’ film… I discovered the franchise from that PewDiePie video uploaded 3-4 years ago. It’s the one that actually inspired me to watch anime. It wasn’t until 3-4 years later that I’d actually follow up on that video and explore the Blame! franchise he mentioned. Felix apparently read the manga, but I opted to go right to the movie. The lore is absolutely fascinating… it’s a concept that hasn’t really been explored in any other media. I read on the Wikipedia that “The City” is roughly the size of a star, and that it extends to the moon — and that Killy walked through a room the size of Jupiter, etc. etc., it’s all there on Wikipedia. But an infinite infrastructure — a city extending forever in each direction — always being built onto — is fascinating. So I just had to watch the movie to get a proper visual. I hear the manga is critically acclaimed in its illustration, but I wanted the colors, sound effects, and animations of a film to aid in my experience. A final note: I read the general premise of the franchise and it seems that this movie specifically deals with the “Ancient Terminal City,” or in other words, a single tribe of people that are just a plot point in a vast overarching plot. I’m actually not even sure if the movie is canon or not… or if Killy embarks on a major quest throughout the series and this particular film is just a pitstop for the MC. But there’s tons and tons and tons of lore on the Wikipedia alone that never even appears in the movie. So I guess the film was just a ‘taste’.

ANY who, I thought the film was fine. There WERE some slow points, and a FEW times when I wasn’t impressed with the CGI. Sometimes I actually had to check when the movie would end, as I grew impatient and clearly wasn’t immersed. For that reason, I can’t score it above 8… but, for a majority of the movie, I can tell that the folks involved clearly tried to capture the series, make a compelling story, and build an immersive terrain. The visuals were pretty cool and I very much enjoyed all aspects of the ever-changing environment. It was glum and devoid of anything interesting… and yet, the diverse machinery and corridors never got old. The execution of the story was fine, too. The plot was 75% understandable, whereas other times I’d grow a bit confused and have no choice but to ‘go with the flow’.

The characters weren’t all that interesting or memorable, but maybe that’s the way it should be. I mean, you can’t even call “Zuro” an MC or protagonist of the movie (like other sources do). I felt like “Pop,” and even his right-hand-man, had more dialogue and things to say/contribute. Zuro kind of just watched things unfold for a majority of the movie.
1. It’s interesting that Killy, the protagonist and MC of the franchise, had more of a secondary role in the movie. The movie showed things from no clear perspective or viewpoint. Every character seemed to have equal screen time. Killy, Blame!’s main man, really felt like a stranger.
2. Character growth probably isn’t necessary for this movie. I think the point of the film is to focus on the Village as a whole, and not any character in particular. Heck, the Village was just a vessel to explain the lore and how the universe’s history is shifting as Cibo does whatever she needs to do to A. ensure the continued survival of humanity, and B. involuntarily educate the village’s inhabitants (and thus the film’s audience) on the nature of “The City.”

The action sequences were pretty suede. Namely the beginning scene where the children traverse “The City” and parkour over walls and pipes and stuff… and eventually get picked off by the Safeguard. And the climactic battle between Killy and Sanakan as well. The explosions, fight scenes, movement in general (i.e. the terrifying crawling of the Safeguard) were all well animated. There was some lag in the CGI from time to time, but I’m not going to nit-pick.

STUNNING soundtrack and sound effects. Very ominous and fitting in tone.

Finally, the one thing that irritated me was Zuro’s affection for Killy. How she tried getting closer to him multiple times throughout the movie, and cried when leaving him behind whilst evacuating. Killy never did anything
implicitly malicious, but he also showed a lack of regard for certain Electro-Fishers during the laboratory-escape sequence. At times he was careless or allowed others to fall into harm’s way. Nevertheless, he was a hero who gave food to malnourished children, took Sanakan head-on when he saw her massacring the villagers, and tossed his “anti-Safeguard-detection” devices to Zuro before she evacuated. Ultimately, Killy has demonstrated himself to be a selfless and heroic individual (via analysis of only the film). I think he has a cold personality, though — even if he is incapable of joviality. But he doesn’t have to be so elusive, either. Then again, he answered most questions he was asked (albeit slowly and vaguely) — and Pop didn’t really take the opportunity to question him on a lot of specific topics.
But I completely digressed… what IRRITATED me was the implication that Zuro cared about Killy a lot. Which I think is really, really hard for someone to do, given how distant Killy was. Killy barely interacted with Zuro, and yet you could tell that he was always on her mind for some reason. The only thing Zuro witnessed Killy doing was displaying immense and superhuman strength and combat. Other than that, there wasn’t much meaningful interaction between the two, so I disagree with Zuro trying to converse with Killy while he was asleep, for instance. (And the way Cibo rudely woke him up and yanked him away while Zuro was tryna conversate). TL;DR, it’s hard to get invested in Zuro’s affection/care for/worry for Killy, when she doesn’t have much to bank those emotions off of in the first place. // THIS is TRULY just a grand nit-pick though, and the one thing that didn’t sit right with me. Everything else about the movie was fine.

ANY any any who, I didn’t intend to write an entire essay. These are just some ramblings and random thoughts in regards to the film (that has been on my PTW list for quite some time now). I’m fascinated by the premises and would definitely be eager to read a novel with a similar premise. There are some art/trivia books on the series, I believe, that explain details about the nature of “The City” — hence where the info about “The City” reaching the moon or having a Jupiter-sized room on Wikipedia come from. I might get invested in the manga in the future, because PewDiePie held it in very high regards. Apparently the art is immaculate. And the plot is open-ended at times. And it’s some grand experience for the viewer. The series is high-rated, too. If I had the time, I’d be willing to invest. 7 to 8 out of 10 for this film.

P.S. I accidentally watched Blame!’s first episode of the six-episode “Special” OVA (from 2003). I accidentally clicked it on a streaming site and saw the 37 minute run-time (what I clicked on was a compilation of the six episodes) so I assumed I was watching the actual film. I sat through the first five minutes (which equates to the first episode) and was like WTF, this is garbage. I skimmed through the other episodes and thought the same. Confused, I had to double-check I was watching the right Blame! film, and sure enough, I wasn’t. I wouldn’t recommend the Special at all. Eerie, abstract, and not very eventful. But this film I’d absolutely recommend.
The near-two-hour film is hardly an anime in my book… more-so an animated CGI work of cinematography, or the likes of an actual thriller movie—with practically zero typical anime tropes. This film might as well rank amongst other live-action movies.
It’s pretty interesting.
Feb 27, 2021 3:43 PM

May 2019
The CGI could be better, in special about Killy (lack of) expressions.

Also, they could spend a bit more on the models. For exemple, they skipped the Big-F*-Guardian in the end. All the movie was about only that standard guardians and Sanakan.

About the story, one thing that bugged me was that they were in a small community, but:

"4 little friends killed"

- i'm kinda sad, but more for the fail, not for their deaths. Also, i lose some helmets.

"Dozen of people killed by Sanakan, at least 100 from 150, intire families, mothers, fathers, kids, BABIES!"

- well, that is the life of slectro-fishers.

"Tae ded"

Tae? TAE? oh no TAAAAAAEEEEEE

Come on!

But i approve the plot adaptation, that was nice.

For us readers of the manga, it took SO LONG time to figure out anything what was happening there, and in this movie the basic explanation of everything was delivered in a natural way.

Rob7Feb 27, 2021 3:54 PM
Apr 13, 2021 1:23 AM

Aug 2017
The movie is fine, characters were typical but they acted normal and their actions feels appropriate to the plot. I was surprised by the twist of Tae being killed and replaced. 6/10 for the movie.
NurguburuApr 13, 2021 2:13 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 5, 2021 5:09 PM
Jul 2019
Brother, it's an absolutely brilliant film to ask me one! I can't believe what level these people have reached, but brother, what was the purpose of people when they made this city? I mean, to be serious, brother, they had to consider this possibility of creating something like that, but they still didn't take it. And brother, do these people really think this is the worst possible thing? They have no idea what humanity went through before it reached them, and brother, why, just what can I say. Where is the history, I also want to find out! I mean, seriously, you can't put this movie in my head and not give explanations, for example, how humanity got here, or how there are no more people with that eyelash, or brother, why can't these guards and exterminators simply be stopped? ?!?!
There are so many unanswered questions and it bites me so hard inside that we don't know the answer to them. < ; ´д `) ゞ > ﹏ < I hope we find out in the manga what happened, but not only that ... Still, brother only annoyed me this Fusata?
All thanks to Pueppi and Hayuko
Sep 8, 2021 6:54 PM

Feb 2017
It's pretty different from the original manga with "new characters" and focus of the "plot"
Liked the music, some animated scenes and backgrounds but the moe redesigns eye size increase of zuru and other characters and the very low frames ruined my experience
Jun 26, 2022 8:23 PM

Jan 2020
The best thing about this was the visuals. It looked really impressive, but there wasn't much else to sink into. The plot was pretty thin, and even for as harrowing as the situations was for the humans, it just didn't feel all that compelling.

It didn't help that Killy was basically a silent protagonist, and none of the other characters particularly stood out. I feel like we could've used some more explanation of the state of this world, and then more background on the "Electric Fishers" and how they fit into it.

I really liked Knights of Sidonia, so I wish this had been at least as good. But, you can tell where Tsutomu improved in certain aspects of storytelling between the two series.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 14, 2022 7:06 AM

Dec 2018
I was hoping for a more conclusive ending. The Manga seems like it would be too long to read with the backlog i already have so if someone could spoil me on the final chapter that would be awesome.
as for the movie other than the wonky animation i actually liked it. the story seemed to flow and progress just fine, the action was good, i wish we got a little more information on what exactly the net gene is or the infection but oh well.
Sep 26, 2022 11:41 AM
Sep 2022
So much opportunity wasted. But what it shows is a good lead into the manga?
Sep 26, 2022 11:42 AM
Sep 2022
karmashizzle said:
whats with cg anime having low frame rates >>

why is it called 'Blame' ?

Gun go BLAM! Author added an "e"
Dec 5, 2022 6:12 AM

Oct 2021
The soundtrack in this movie is solid 8/10 ngl
Jan 28, 2023 5:20 AM

Mar 2016
Wow, this movie's plot was weak! People did stuff, fought a little, won, and done!

I don't mind that it decided to do an anime original plot, but I wish they made the story more atmospheric like the manga, instead of making it so dialogue heavy.
Jun 30, 2023 12:44 PM

Nov 2012
killy the bid ........
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Aug 3, 2023 1:36 PM
Jul 2023
Need to get used to the animation but Very Good nonetheless!! :)
Aug 11, 2023 10:09 AM

Apr 2015
Being someone who read Blame! I honestly really enjoyed this movie even though it was all over the place and didnt coherently follow the manga. But still the visuals,sound design and even the character designs were pretty good to me.
I kinda wish they made a complete adaptation of Blame! in this style :(
But anyways, Hoping for a sequel.
Nov 17, 2023 1:00 PM
Jun 2017
It was very bland.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Where did Blame! 2 go?

MrHoodie - Jan 5, 2020

5 by askilledjerk »»
Jan 26, 2023 5:09 PM

» Which is better dub or sub version of the movie?

Xion69 - May 20, 2017

6 by Mizmimi »»
Feb 22, 2018 1:23 AM

» sequel news, if any, post here

vinnipuh - May 21, 2017

5 by RoryBurrows »»
Feb 13, 2018 4:46 AM

» Things you must know before watching the movie ? ( spoilers )

IsekaiNekko - May 20, 2017

13 by Nothingness39 »»
Jun 2, 2017 2:02 PM

» Things you need to know before watching the movie

vinnipuh - May 31, 2017

0 by vinnipuh »»
May 31, 2017 11:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.