Forum Settings
Forums

How do you deal with the lack of excitement in life?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 22, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2012
TheUnknownMerc said:

Primarily? No because I don't actually self insert myself. I enjoy stories and emotions. I myself am almost devoid of emotion but I find "entertainment" in stories and what they feel and do. As for me, I go about my life "enjoying" these stories and will through any medium until the day I day. I don't really care about actually being the one to accomplish them. Why? Because to me I ingrain the stories into my mind, I don't need to be the one to accomplish them to find enjoyment from them.
Well I don't self insert myself in most of this media either. Its actually because of that that I find myself saddened in this media. I'm watching other people do amazing things and I'm just sitting here on my computer talking to people on an anime forum. When you watch anime, you're watching other people do amazing things. When you read, you're reading about other people do amazing things. It hurts.
May 22, 2017 6:31 PM

Jan 2017
Get back into hobbies I haven't taken part in for a long time. Trust me, this is a very interesting way to rejuvenate your life.
https://soundcloud.com/bvg_music/tracks
Check out my eurobeat music on Soundcloud!!
May 22, 2017 6:54 PM

Oct 2010
I just try to find fun things to do regularly so that I feel like I'm having a good time. For example, going to a new restaurant once a week or going on a day trip to a city I have never visited before. There are also all sorts of different activities to try locally, such as bowling, museums, rock climbing, hiking through different nature trails, rope climbing, etc. You can find plenty of exciting things to do to prevent yourself from feeling bored as long as you really try to look for them.

May 22, 2017 7:38 PM

Aug 2013
Usagi said:
I just try to find fun things to do regularly so that I feel like I'm having a good time. For example, going to a new restaurant once a week or going on a day trip to a city I have never visited before. There are also all sorts of different activities to try locally, such as bowling, museums, rock climbing, hiking through different nature trails, rope climbing, etc. You can find plenty of exciting things to do to prevent yourself from feeling bored as long as you really try to look for them.

Great post Usagi. People should follow your example.
May 22, 2017 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
Simply put. I become the anime. I become the anime waifu. I become the fantasy.
May 22, 2017 9:39 PM

Jan 2013
Ikaros_42oh said:
did you just assume my anime watching? triggered.

well if youre looking for excitement and adventure id recommend 3 hits of lsd and a roadtrip to the mountains/desert/beach. crazy as shit 'fantasy' adventure 100% guaranteed.

unfortunately then youre right you have to come back to daily life and yeah it can suck even for the 'most successful' and is probably even more meaningless. idk man you just gotta do it.

so yeah pretty much go on adventures and have new experiences outside of normal life to deal with normal life is how i do it.

Yess, LSD is a beautiful drug. It inspired me to get off my ass and actually travel the world. You only have one life to live. Make your own adventure and story, don't just live bi-curiously through anime and entertainment.
May 22, 2017 10:44 PM

Apr 2017
Hiei said:
Ikaros_42oh said:
did you just assume my anime watching? triggered.

well if youre looking for excitement and adventure id recommend 3 hits of lsd and a roadtrip to the mountains/desert/beach. crazy as shit 'fantasy' adventure 100% guaranteed.

unfortunately then youre right you have to come back to daily life and yeah it can suck even for the 'most successful' and is probably even more meaningless. idk man you just gotta do it.

so yeah pretty much go on adventures and have new experiences outside of normal life to deal with normal life is how i do it.

Yess, LSD is a beautiful drug. It inspired me to get off my ass and actually travel the world. You only have one life to live. Make your own adventure and story, don't just live bi-curiously through anime and entertainment.

True I did kinda forget to include how these lsd adventures can inspire your own! Which naturally makes your normal everyday life better

Where have you traveled my good man?

I've been to Italy, France, Scotland, Ireland, Austria, all around the eastern USA, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, and Germany. In this coming decade of my life (turned 20) I'd love to go to more exotic/rural places like Africa and the Australian outback... I also really want to visit Japan (thanks anime lol which is kinda cool as it proves even anime can inspire your own adventures, you just gotta DO it and not watch it)
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
May 23, 2017 6:24 PM
Feb 2016
For many years I've struggled with what I guess you could describe as anhedonia.
After around the age of 18 or so, when I discovered alcohol, things started to lose their phesaz.
I don't think it was the alcohol though, because in all honesty media of today is really shallow and boring.
People are just churning shit out to meet a certain deadline they're given because the way society operates, people put money over the value of their work.
If developers would just spend more time working on their games we could have had some truly remarkable works of art that would forever stand the test of time, instead we're left with shallow husks void of soul or artistic credibility.
The same applies to anime.

As for life well, SMOKE WEED.
Try to approach a moment as though you are living in an anime series, like play some soundtrack music in the bg, imagine some fantasy scenario is happening or you don't even need to go full autistic like that, just appreciate every moment for its beauty and for the simple fact that it exists and you're alive.
Also WEED, it makes everything more stimulating.

Augmented reality will turn the fleshnet around and give it life and the fun our 21st century tastes require.
Just imagine something like Pokemon Go in AR while you're out for a walk with your doggu ^_^
May 23, 2017 11:38 PM

Nov 2009
Personally, I find excitement through self-improvement and trying to make it in the world. I'm about to get a degree in graphic design, and I'll be starting at another college right afterwards for international business. I'm shooting for a job promotion, and I spend my spare time improving my art skills (well, I watch anime too, but usually simultaneously). I'm searching for ways to minimize my spending so I can save up a down-payment to buy a house. I'm making plans to start a YouTube channel that probably won't be any good, but it will be fun anyways. I want to travel again (I did in the military, as well as high school), but I need to meet other goals first so it will be financially possible.

A lot of these things probably sound like part of that boring life to people, but I see all of them as an adventure. I don't consider it boring until I get into a routine, and then I find a way to change it up again and keep it interesting. If you have a goal, you can work on projects that will help you achieve this goal, even if you're still in high school. If you can get a part-time job, you can save money. If you have a smartphone, you can make videos for YouTube. If you have art or writing skills (or even if you don't!), you can work on improving them and post them online to show off or sell. If you don't know what your goal is, that's fine. You can always just pick something to work toward and change your mind later.

Focusing on projects that will get me to my goals is what keeps my life exciting. If you're life is too boring, maybe you aren't working toward anything? Hell, one of my goals is watching literally every anime. It'll never happen, but I have fun working toward it while simultaneously working toward goals that will actually benefit me.
May 24, 2017 3:31 AM

Jul 2016
That's how to make the shows exciting but seriously your way too much merged in watching and cannot separate the reality but its true that those things are only fiction if you want to spice up your life do something new everyday and get out in your comfort zone.
May 24, 2017 3:37 AM

Aug 2016
While not as erratic as these fantasy settings you speak of, my daily life is enough to help relax and balance with my life in the 'other world'. I have friends I could chat with, have college exams to ace, honestly it's tiring but it's worth it since it makes watching anime/playing video games/reading books all the more refreshing.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

May 24, 2017 3:47 AM

Aug 2016
I don't do much in real life, just because I don't feel the need to make friends in general, atleast not my peers. What I do is, I daydream. I make myself live in a fantasy world in my head, thinking I do things that are impossible. I also make people entertain me in talking, more likely making youtube videos. I live on the webs, and I can find excitement doing crazy researches. I just laugh at everything in life.

Advice on it? Just see life exciting for itself. Laugh and find humor in everything. Enjoy the nature, I often to walks in the hot weather. Well, it depends on where you live but here it is really green and sunny. Just try to enjoy the small things =)
May 24, 2017 12:30 PM
May 2017
If you want to have an exciting life, here's a tip:
Make it exciting.
May 24, 2017 12:39 PM

Aug 2016
Just recently a neo nazi converted to Islam and killed his 2 neonazi's friends fo not respecting his religion and when the cops came to his house they found his third friend making a bomb with fucking radioactive material.

Sometimes life is stranger than fiction. lol
May 24, 2017 12:53 PM

May 2015
Hmm, you're right OP. Life is kinda simple and boring compared to anime but that's reality. Even if it's not on the same grand scale as fiction, life can be fun and interesting. Imo, it should be everyone's goal in life to make sure something amazing occurs during their time. Goals, dreams, aspirations... We all have them, right?
May 26, 2017 12:25 AM

May 2015
Fang said:
Hmm, you're right OP. Life is kinda simple and boring compared to anime but that's reality. Even if it's not on the same grand scale as fiction, life can be fun and interesting. Imo, it should be everyone's goal in life to make sure something amazing occurs during their time. Goals, dreams, aspirations... We all have them, right?

Go walk around in your city in the middle of the night. You'll find excitement everywhere even if nothing happens. You'll feel on the edge of things happening.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 26, 2017 12:48 AM
Feb 2017
Adderall said:
Ikaros_42oh said:

whellllllllllll doesnt the magic eventually stop for you too (i know it does for me lol) and it becomes normal : wish it didnt though thatd be fucking great indeed.

also: tolerance
also: money

no. just tlae more and more. I might try h soon. sh

The excitement from being high on anything only lasts as long as your tolerance will stay low. Eventually, being high becomes "normal" unless you keep spending money to do more and more drugs. I had to learn this the hard way. If I were you, I would give it a rest and let your tolerance drop some so that getting high has more meaning to it.

Don't try H, you're eventually gonna get Fentanyl and overdose.

If you're selling drugs to support the habit of using more, remember it's not IF you get caught, it's WHEN. Get hooked on the wrong shit and god forbid if you get caught and have to go through the withdraw process in jail.
May 26, 2017 12:57 AM

Aug 2016
Eh, don't think about it. I just enjoy life for being what it is, life can be exciting without any fantasy elements.

Maybe try watching more slice of life anime instead of fantasy if you wish to be less jealous or sad or something?
May 26, 2017 2:02 AM

Apr 2017
In your spare time, you could have your own hobbies and meet with your friends to talk with your life problem or work problem. It doesnt means that they should help you with the problem but for you to share the mind with others not just speak to yourself.
May 26, 2017 5:11 AM

Oct 2016
School, Maasturbate, Sleep

Repeat till somehow u got yourself a girlfriend (not gonna happen)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

97 by Ex-Aid »»
23 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

669 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 hour ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

41 by ShimmyShimmur »»
3 hours ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by R-unknown »»
4 hours ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Today

23 by Rhaelynne »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.